Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 4:54:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/15/2016 4:00:44 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
What are your thoughts on this?

It's a non-sequitur. The physical world? Obviously not. The human race? Islam constitutes a huge segment of the human race. It's like asking if the pleuroperitoneal cavity is a threat to the human body.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheStatelyGoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 5:19:05 PM

Islam is not unlike other ancient beliefs, in that they seek a "redeemer" or "chosen one". As Islam means "submission to God" they believe in submission to God as well. They also advocate liberty as a means of bringing about that submission. Islam is a natural reactionary "religion" to the Jewish and Christian religions, which is why they are so divided.

Without the law, the penalty is submission in the form of physical arrest. It seems to presuppose that man is unable to keep the legality of the law. When I say "legality" I mean those laws which are reasonable to enforce in the first place.

There is a difference between seeking to establish the law based on liberty, and the advocation of indictment under the law which leads to bondage (full submission).

While in keeping with the law, one seems to establish the law, while in not keeping with the law, one seems to bring under indictment. That is the difference with Islam. Lawlessness becomes a means to corruption which leads to arrest, while submission is a means to bondage (slavery). One naturally leads to the other, sin to bondage.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 5:37:47 PM

I don't think it threatens the world. However Islamic extremist threatens the safety and security of people in certain areas of the world. The only potential threat I can think of is an extremist terrorist organization like islamic state or al Qaeda somehow gaining access to nuclear weapons and start launching nuclear weapons. It's a very unlikely event in my opinion though.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:43:20 PM

To the Muslim world maybe. Not much else beyond that.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:48:02 AM

- The question is senseless, as pointed out before. If you mean 'the western un-Islamic world', then, surely, significantly much less so than the West is a threat to the rest of the World. Read a little bit of History, you'll know what I am talking about.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:49:44 AM

Depends how you define 'threat'. Mosquitos can be considered a threat to the world in how they rapidly spread diseases in a host of different countries, but im guessing you have a different idea of what constitutes a 'threat' here
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:15:01 PM
At 2/17/2016 4:48:02 AM, Yassine wrote:

- The question is senseless, as pointed out before. If you mean 'the western un-Islamic world', then, surely, significantly much less so than the West is a threat to the rest of the World. Read a little bit of History, you'll know what I am talking about.

lol
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:38:01 AM
At 2/17/2016 2:15:01 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

lol

- You must find it funny, because it's true, so very true, so very undeniably true. :-)
Current Debates:

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:41:20 AM
At 2/18/2016 2:38:01 AM, Yassine wrote:

lol

- You must find it funny, because it's true, so very true, so very undeniably true, that it's absolutely trash. :-)

I only learn from the best :D
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:49:48 AM
At 2/18/2016 2:41:20 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/18/2016 2:38:01 AM, Yassine wrote:

lol

- You must find it funny, because it's true, so very true, so very undeniably true, that it's absolutely trash. :-)

I only steal from the best :D

- I don't remember teaching you ; though, I admit, not bad.
Current Debates:

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:24:16 AM

Threat to what?

Our national security? - Seems our own drive from fear of a few is the more concerning factor here.
Our way of life? - As before much of it is self-inflicted from fear.
Our values? Sure - as would anything or anyone who has different values to your own. That's reality for you.

I have no thoughts on anything until you define wtf you are expecting us to give thoughts on. Threat to what?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:34:33 AM

No. They are as annoying - no sorry MUCH more annoying than the average Christian, near on-par with the evangelicals.

Look. The "Muslim world" that is commonly spoken of, the middle east, its all like Hoboken NJ. You wish you could just pretend it just doesn't exists, and wish they would not bother anyone. That they will not stop with the theoretical... Well, now I wish I had said the cast of Jersey Shore. You SOOOO wish you could put them back in the bottle they came from and go back to blissful ignorance. They seem here to stay, so there you go. We have to deal with the crap if we like it or not.

Mostly harmless - entirely annoying.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:43:07 AM
At 2/18/2016 3:24:16 AM, Envisage wrote:

Threat to what?

Our national security? - Seems our own drive from fear of a few is the more concerning factor here.
Our values? Sure - as would anything or anyone who has different values to your own. That's reality for you.

I have no thoughts on anything until you define wtf you are expecting us to give thoughts on. Threat to what?

- There is a severe lack of rational people on this Forum.
Current Debates:

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:59:08 AM
At 2/18/2016 3:43:07 AM, Yassine wrote:

Threat to what?

Those dang mooselimbs refuse to eat bacon! If that is not a threat to the American way of life then I don't know what is! We need to stop the Muzlamic law from turning the White House into the Sharia House (We already have an Izlambic president, what more could we loose?)
"Change your sig."
~YYW
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 4:11:37 AM
At 2/18/2016 3:59:08 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Threat to what?

Those dang mooselimbs refuse to eat bacon! If that is not a threat to the American way of life then I don't know what is! We need to stop the Muzlamic law from turning the White House into the Sharia House (We already have an Izlambic president, what more could we loose?)

- Your impression is flawed. They make way more spelling errors. x-)
Current Debates:

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 4:13:01 AM
At 2/18/2016 4:11:37 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/18/2016 3:59:08 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Threat to what?

- Your impression is flawed. They make way more spelling errors. x-)

How could you question my spelling when you support the Muzlamic law *murmurs something about removing kebab (wink wink nudge nudge)*
"Change your sig."
~YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:31:36 PM
At 2/18/2016 3:34:33 AM, TBR wrote:

No. They are as annoying - no sorry MUCH more annoying than the average Christian, near on-par with the evangelicals.

Look. The "Muslim world" that is commonly spoken of, the middle east, its all like Hoboken NJ. You wish you could just pretend it just doesn't exists, and wish they would not bother anyone. That they will not stop with the theoretical... Well, now I wish I had said the cast of Jersey Shore. You SOOOO wish you could put them back in the bottle they came from and go back to blissful ignorance. They seem here to stay, so there you go. We have to deal with the crap if we like it or not.

Well I was trying to focus more on their culture, and their unwillingness to assimilate. Looking at places like Britain, and how there are huge problems over there , what your opinion that?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:42:21 PM
At 2/18/2016 12:31:36 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/18/2016 3:34:33 AM, TBR wrote:

Well I was trying to focus more on their culture, and their unwillingness to assimilate. Looking at places like Britain, and how there are huge problems over there , what your opinion that?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 11:07:19 PM
Of course it is. Wherever they go we have chaos. Are there good Muslims? I don't know. The Quran orders killing and oppression. If a Muslim doesn't believe in those things, they need to rename themselves because they disagree with the Prophet.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
augcaesarustus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 11:26:23 AM

Islam is not the threat. Transnational terrorism is the issue.