Jump to topic:

Trump waives GOP pledge, rips into Cruz

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:20:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Remember the pledge he signed saying he won't run as an independent? Gone, if the RNC doesn't stop treating him "unfairly". He believes they have defaulted on their end of the deal, and thus he feels no obligation to follow through with his promise.

This may be the death of the GOP as we know it.

He also released a statement stating his intention to sue Ted Cruz, if he does not end the attack ads - which he says are dishonest. The statement:

"...One of the ways I can fight back is to bring a lawsuit against him relative to the fact that he was born in Canada and therefore cannot be President. If he doesn"t take down his false ads and retract his lies, I will do so immediately..."

He also said this in his statement: "It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much."

I found that to be a very good sentence. It brought me some joy.

Anyway, what are the thoughts of everyone else on this?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:25:56 AM
They twice stacked the debate audience to specifically be against him and unethically used his name to fundraise without his consent and implied that the proceeds would be going to his campaign. If the RNC had two brain cells to rub together, which it doesn't which is why Republicans lose to the Democrats literally 100% of the time, they'd stop f*cking with him. But they really can't help themselves

If he doesn't get the nomination and runs third party, I'm voting for him. Screw the RNC.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:30:09 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:25:56 AM, thett3 wrote:
They twice stacked the debate audience to specifically be against him and unethically used his name to fundraise without his consent and implied that the proceeds would be going to his campaign. If the RNC had two brain cells to rub together, which it doesn't which is why Republicans lose to the Democrats literally 100% of the time, they'd stop f*cking with him. But they really can't help themselves

If he doesn't get the nomination and runs third party, I'm voting for him. Screw the RNC.

I was actually kind of annoyed by their fundraising campaign.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:32:21 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:30:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

They think because he signed a legally unenforceable piece of paper that he can't run third party...of course he can. He won't win, but he can make sure they don't. They have literally no leverage against him but they just can't keep from screwing with him
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:35:35 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:32:21 AM, thett3 wrote:

They think because he signed a legally unenforceable piece of paper that he can't run third party...of course he can. He won't win, but he can make sure they don't. They have literally no leverage against him but they just can't keep from screwing with him

Do you think it would lead to a domino effect where more third parties run in state-specific races?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:37:23 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:35:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Do you think it would lead to a domino effect where more third parties run in state-specific races?

Not as likely as it would encourage other billionaire businessmen to run as a third party candidate in later elections (ala Bloomberg)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:42:36 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:37:23 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/16/2016 12:35:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Not as likely as it would encourage other billionaire businessmen to run as a third party candidate in later elections (ala Bloomberg)

I don't think Bloomberg would or will run, regardless.

I think that it he runs a massive anti-GOP campaign, it would hurt their support in his base. In states that will never change, like Utah, it won't matter. But there are states like Illinois - where the GOP needs all of their voters at the polls in a unified manner - that he could seriously fvck up.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 1:04:43 AM
At 2/16/2016 12:20:38 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Remember the pledge he signed saying he won't run as an independent? Gone, if the RNC doesn't stop treating him "unfairly". He believes they have defaulted on their end of the deal, and thus he feels no obligation to follow through with his promise.

He also released a statement stating his intention to sue Ted Cruz, if he does not end the attack ads - which he says are dishonest. The statement:

"...One of the ways I can fight back is to bring a lawsuit against him relative to the fact that he was born in Canada and therefore cannot be President. If he doesn"t take down his false ads and retract his lies, I will do so immediately..."

He also said this in his statement: "It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much."

Nothing would make me happier than Trump loosing the nomination, and running as an independent.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 1:07:21 AM
At 2/16/2016 1:04:43 AM, TBR wrote:

Nothing would make me happier than Trump loosing the nomination, and running as an independent.

It would make me happier if he removed himself from the race to run as a third party.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 1:08:08 AM
At 2/16/2016 1:04:43 AM, TBR wrote:

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 1:24:43 AM
I don't think he's gonna do it.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 2:01:27 AM

If the majority of Trump supporters have your mentality than if Trump runs as an independent it almost guarantees another Dem in the white house.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:37:16 AM
At 2/16/2016 2:01:27 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

If the majority of Trump supporters have your mentality than if Trump runs as an independent it almost guarantees another Dem in the white house.

I think most Trump supporters would vote for him independent or otherwise. Unfortunately, it could be a real possibility.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:38:50 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:37:16 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
I think most Trump supporters would vote for him independent or otherwise. Unfortunately, it could be a real possibility.

Looking at the batch of GOP candidates left, I support Trump if he wants to run as an independent. But I can see why GOP supporters would be concerned.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:43:24 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:38:50 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

Looking at the batch of GOP candidates left, I support Trump if he wants to run as an independent. But I can see why GOP supporters would be concerned.

I don't like either of the Democrats, or Trump. I'm sure you've heard of the conspiracy theory that Trump is really a democrat, running to divide the GOP, and will then split to independent at the end, so a Dem will win. Is that coming to fruition now? ;P
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:44:58 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:43:24 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
I don't like either of the Democrats, or Trump. I'm sure you've heard of the conspiracy theory that Trump is really a democrat, running to divide the GOP, and will then split to independent at the end, so a Dem will win. Is that coming to fruition now? ;P

In a small corner of my heart I hope that's true and Trump comes out as a Democrat plant right after the election. I'll die of laughter watching his supporters react.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:47:43 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:44:58 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:

In a small corner of my heart I hope that's true and Trump comes out as a Democrat plant right after the election. I'll die of laughter watching his supporters react.

Lol. I'm just hoping neither Clinton nor Sanders get elected. :P
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:49:40 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:47:43 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

There's always Steve Gladstone. His voter base of 40 followers on twitter ought to put him right up there with Hillary.

https://gladstone2016.com...
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:52:38 AM
At 2/16/2016 3:49:40 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 3:47:43 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

There's always Steve Gladstone. His voter base of 40 followers on twitter ought to put him right up there with Hillary.

https://gladstone2016.com...

Lol xD That's awful. Check out his issues page [https://gladstone2016.com...]
The word choice reflects his *stellar* support.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:18:33 AM

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

Pretty much what you said.

I think this is going to be on of the last years of the GOP's existence. It is so unstable that it's own members are willing to practically kill each other.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:25:19 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:18:33 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

I think this is going to be on of the last years of the GOP's existence. It is so unstable that it's own members are willing to practically kill each other.

I think they really showed that last debate.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:26:24 AM

He was legitimately angry at the last debate. Not even Ted Cruz has acting skills so good to fake something like that.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:27:22 AM

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

It isn't going to be the last year of it's existence, it's just going to become a nationalist party molded in Trump's image.

And make no mistake...Trump is definitely going to win the nomination. I haven't read any argument against his victory that wasn't complete wishful thinking, and he will surprise everyone with how well he'll do in the general with his massive crossover appeal--though if he will win remains to be seen.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:31:14 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:25:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

Yep. The GOP ain't so grand anymore.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:32:33 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:27:22 AM, thett3 wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

It isn't going to be the last year of it's existence, it's just going to become a nationalist party molded in Trump's image.

I can see that, and also the rise of the Libertarian Party.

And make no mistake...Trump is definitely going to win the nomination. I haven't read any argument against his victory that wasn't complete wishful thinking, and he will surprise everyone with how well he'll do in the general with his massive crossover appeal--though if he will win remains to be seen.

Oh I know he will get the nomination as well. There is pretty much nothing to debate there.
Suh dude

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:33:21 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:26:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

He was legitimately angry at the last debate. Not even Ted Cruz has acting skills so good to fake something like that.

I had this thought and I've seen the theory floated about elsewhere now....when he talked about how he lost friends in 9/11, he revealed the secret of why he is so angry and why he hates Jeb so much. The king of NYC real estate no doubt knew dozens of people on the top floors of the WTC that didn't make it out, and those were iconic buildings that came crashing down in his city. His picking on Jeb isn't just fun...it's *personal*. Trump really does blame the Bush family and their best friends that Saudi's (who he constantly calls out) for 9/11 and this is his revenge.

On top of that the crowd was clearly stacked against him and it showed. My God, the man was booed for talking about how he lost friends in 9/11 and pointing out the most obvious of objective facts...there were no WMD's and Bush obviously didn't keep us safe considering that 9/11 happened under his watch. On one side of him was a neocon puppet shill who is likely an AI experiment. On the other side is a slimy Canadian who, despite having virtually no chance of victory, still spreads lies about him and would continue the kind of foreign policy that led to 9/11. And the crowd wouldn't even let him speak. Yep, I would be pretty damn angry too
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:34:58 AM

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

It would take collusion breaking any sense of law and decency prevent his nomination.

I'd say our political parties have that in them.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:35:03 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:25:19 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

That had to be one of the most vicious primary debates of all time. I may actually watch it again some time...it was actually good entertainment.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:43:22 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:34:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

It would take collusion breaking any sense of law and decency prevent his nomination.

They'd certainly do so for Rubio, but the way things are shaping up it looks like the main challenger to Trump after the early states will be Cruz. Rubio has virtually no shot of winning either of the remaining early states nor many of the states that vote on March 1st...he's kind of boned by the map. And the establishment will bandwagon with Trump over Cruz, because while they despise Trump politically, with Cruz it's personal.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:49:27 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:43:22 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/16/2016 4:34:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Good.

+1. Hypocrite = bad.

They'd certainly do so for Rubio, but the way things are shaping up it looks like the main challenger to Trump after the early states will be Cruz. Rubio has virtually no shot of winning either of the remaining early states nor many of the states that vote on March 1st...he's kind of boned by the map. And the establishment will bandwagon with Trump over Cruz, because while they despise Trump politically, with Cruz it's personal.

If they took out Cruz, it would open the door to take out Trump.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King