Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If you prefer Cruz to Trump, you are a moron

thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
It is written.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:16:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just remember, all those cheap trinkets were made by poor kids in a sweatshop making 13 cents an hour.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:18:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:16:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just remember, all those cheap trinkets were made by poor kids in a sweatshop making 13 cents an hour.

While your own people are on the breadlines. But yeah. Muh free market! Market failures aren't a thing
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:19:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:16:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just remember, all those cheap trinkets were made by poor kids in a sweatshop making 13 cents an hour.

China has child labor laws you know.. they aren't followed perfectly but neither are the ones here (I can tell you that from experience). I know I'm probably a lightweight or something but c'mon..
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:21:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Fighting out who is more moronic - Trump or Cruz supporters. This seems like a interesting thread to follow.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:58:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Thanks for the shout-out, bud. :D
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:46:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D

I thought you were an immigration restrictionist. Why would you support creepy Cruz the globalist?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:48:41 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 12:46:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D

I thought you were an immigration restrictionist. Why would you support creepy Cruz the globalist?

Just because I support one policy of Trump's (and I'm not quite as harsh as he is, i don't think) doesn't mean I need to support him. :P

I mean, I'm all for immigration restriction. Cruz does have good immigration policy... Even if Trump's is a little better, having Cruz would be preferable Trump, imo.

I'd be interested in hearing, honestly, why you actually support Trump. What makes him stand out above all the other candidates?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 12:49:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:

Btw, check my sig.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 4:01:11 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 12:48:41 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:46:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D

I thought you were an immigration restrictionist. Why would you support creepy Cruz the globalist?

Just because I support one policy of Trump's (and I'm not quite as harsh as he is, i don't think) doesn't mean I need to support him. :P

I mean, I'm all for immigration restriction. Cruz does have good immigration policy... Even if Trump's is a little better, having Cruz would be preferable Trump, imo.

All of those other issues you care about don't matter if we don't get the immigration situation under control. Over a million immigrants a year are radically changing US political culture--people often say that Reagan couldn't win a modern GOP primary. I have no idea if that's true, but I know for a fact that Reagan couldn't win in modern America. If Romney had Reagan's demographics he would've won in a landslide, but instead he got destroyed. The past is a foreign country and chamber of commerce Republicans like Cruz and Rubio gave it away.

I used to place a lot of priority on things like the constitution and limited government and low spending but it's been hitting me in the past couple of months...we already lost that game. Repeat: WE. LOST. Ted Cruz is going to save us with his "constitutional conservatism"? Give me a break. The constitution is a document that now allows the government to collect income taxes and to force states to recognize gay marriage and abortion rights. The constitution was a fine document and federalism was good while it lasted but it is gone and it's not coming back.

That ball game ended three hours ago and the Republicans are still on the field, looking for the opposing team. They. Lost.

Someone, I think it was Raisor, made a great point: social conservatism is now defunct because there is very little left to conserve. We're headed for disaster and I think most people, even independents, understand this...what we need is a transformative leader to jolt this country into fixing itself. This is why Trump and Sanders are the only candidates worth a damn, and I think you understand why I support Trump over Sanders.


I'd be interested in hearing, honestly, why you actually support Trump. What makes him stand out above all the other candidates?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 4:18:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 4:01:11 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:48:41 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:46:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D

I thought you were an immigration restrictionist. Why would you support creepy Cruz the globalist?

Just because I support one policy of Trump's (and I'm not quite as harsh as he is, i don't think) doesn't mean I need to support him. :P

I mean, I'm all for immigration restriction. Cruz does have good immigration policy... Even if Trump's is a little better, having Cruz would be preferable Trump, imo.

All of those other issues you care about don't matter if we don't get the immigration situation under control. Over a million immigrants a year are radically changing US political culture--people often say that Reagan couldn't win a modern GOP primary. I have no idea if that's true, but I know for a fact that Reagan couldn't win in modern America. If Romney had Reagan's demographics he would've won in a landslide, but instead he got destroyed. The past is a foreign country and chamber of commerce Republicans like Cruz and Rubio gave it away.

It's unfortunate, but much of what you say here is accurate. I do believe, though, that Cruz's immigration policy is good.

I used to place a lot of priority on things like the constitution and limited government and low spending but it's been hitting me in the past couple of months...we already lost that game. Repeat: WE. LOST. Ted Cruz is going to save us with his "constitutional conservatism"? Give me a break. The constitution is a document that now allows the government to collect income taxes and to force states to recognize gay marriage and abortion rights. The constitution was a fine document and federalism was good while it lasted but it is gone and it's not coming back.

I realize what you're saying is partially true; we'll never return to how golden we were earlier, but I don't consider it a total loss. View it this way: if we elect a president with (mind you, this is an exaggeration) their goals on tearing down the constitution and religious values, how do you think the country will react? It will wax worse and worse. Really, it's a sign of the times. Call me what you may, but it's the truth. Essentially what I'm saying is that the country will grow even worse even faster if we get someone in office that won't fight against the tide.

That ball game ended three hours ago and the Republicans are still on the field, looking for the opposing team. They. Lost.

Someone, I think it was Raisor, made a great point: social conservatism is now defunct because there is very little left to conserve.

This is somewhat true. There's a lot of things that have, unfortunately, ripped apart our society. But, that doesn't mean we should back down. Your profile says you're a Christian, and I think that if you're serious about your faith, you should agree. Just because we've lost on a few (or quite a few) issues doesn't mean we should just accept the fact and move on. We're supposed to be different, and we can't be different if we don't stand for what we believe in.

We're headed for disaster and I think most people, even independents, understand this...

This is definitely the case.

what we need is a transformative leader to jolt this country into fixing itself. This is why Trump and Sanders are the only candidates worth a *censored*, and I think you understand why I support Trump over Sanders.

I understand why you support Trump over Sanders, and for good cause. I hope you don't change your mind :)

Perhaps a jolt would be good... I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out what happens in November.

I'd be interested in hearing, honestly, why you actually support Trump. What makes him stand out above all the other candidates?

Thanks, btw. You kinda provided some clarity to this ^ in the above response.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:03:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Oh? Someone's an idiot for preferring THIS guy...
https://m.youtube.com...
to THIS guy?
https://tse2.mm.bing.net...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:06:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 4:18:53 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/18/2016 4:01:11 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:48:41 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:46:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/18/2016 12:40:06 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Aw, so nice. :D

I thought you were an immigration restrictionist. Why would you support creepy Cruz the globalist?

Just because I support one policy of Trump's (and I'm not quite as harsh as he is, i don't think) doesn't mean I need to support him. :P

I mean, I'm all for immigration restriction. Cruz does have good immigration policy... Even if Trump's is a little better, having Cruz would be preferable Trump, imo.

All of those other issues you care about don't matter if we don't get the immigration situation under control. Over a million immigrants a year are radically changing US political culture--people often say that Reagan couldn't win a modern GOP primary. I have no idea if that's true, but I know for a fact that Reagan couldn't win in modern America. If Romney had Reagan's demographics he would've won in a landslide, but instead he got destroyed. The past is a foreign country and chamber of commerce Republicans like Cruz and Rubio gave it away.

It's unfortunate, but much of what you say here is accurate. I do believe, though, that Cruz's immigration policy is good.

I used to place a lot of priority on things like the constitution and limited government and low spending but it's been hitting me in the past couple of months...we already lost that game. Repeat: WE. LOST. Ted Cruz is going to save us with his "constitutional conservatism"? Give me a break. The constitution is a document that now allows the government to collect income taxes and to force states to recognize gay marriage and abortion rights. The constitution was a fine document and federalism was good while it lasted but it is gone and it's not coming back.

I realize what you're saying is partially true; we'll never return to how golden we were earlier, but I don't consider it a total loss. View it this way: if we elect a president with (mind you, this is an exaggeration) their goals on tearing down the constitution and religious values, how do you think the country will react? It will wax worse and worse. Really, it's a sign of the times. Call me what you may, but it's the truth. Essentially what I'm saying is that the country will grow even worse even faster if we get someone in office that won't fight against the tide.

I don't see any reason to call you names. The "if you prefer Cruz you're a moron" thing is tongue in cheek. I don't disagree with anything you said here...but there's a reason the corporations, filled to the brim with the kinds of people who got us into this mess, are funding Cruz. Think about it. He is a false prophet.


That ball game ended three hours ago and the Republicans are still on the field, looking for the opposing team. They. Lost.

Someone, I think it was Raisor, made a great point: social conservatism is now defunct because there is very little left to conserve.

This is somewhat true. There's a lot of things that have, unfortunately, ripped apart our society. But, that doesn't mean we should back down. Your profile says you're a Christian, and I think that if you're serious about your faith, you should agree. Just because we've lost on a few (or quite a few) issues doesn't mean we should just accept the fact and move on. We're supposed to be different, and we can't be different if we don't stand for what we believe in.

There's a reason conservatives always lose, dude. People like Rubio and Cruz represent controlled opposition. The GOP has no coherent philosophy, it seeks to preserve the American ideals of the late 20th century. It is simply the liberalism of 20 years ago.

Conservatism is a coherent ideology, but the GOP is NOT conservative. It sells conservatives out every time and constantly gets played by the democrats. The only way to fix this is to destroy it. Trump is leading a right wing populist revolt.


We're headed for disaster and I think most people, even independents, understand this...

This is definitely the case.

what we need is a transformative leader to jolt this country into fixing itself. This is why Trump and Sanders are the only candidates worth a *censored*, and I think you understand why I support Trump over Sanders.

I understand why you support Trump over Sanders, and for good cause. I hope you don't change your mind :)

Perhaps a jolt would be good... I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out what happens in November.

It's our last hope.


I'd be interested in hearing, honestly, why you actually support Trump. What makes him stand out above all the other candidates?

Thanks, btw. You kinda provided some clarity to this ^ in the above response.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:07:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 5:03:36 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Oh? Someone's an idiot for preferring THIS guy...
https://m.youtube.com...
to THIS guy?
https://tse2.mm.bing.net...

yes
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:08:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Don't bother debating trade with thett. He's a big-government, pro union liberal who would have voted for Tariff of Abominations and the Smoot-Howley Tariff.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 5:09:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 5:03:36 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Oh? Someone's an idiot for preferring THIS guy...
https://m.youtube.com...
to THIS guy?
https://tse2.mm.bing.net...
Cruz is a great talker, but he's also a manipulative bastard.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 6:24:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 5:08:21 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Don't bother debating trade with thett. He's a big-government, pro union liberal who would have voted for Tariff of Abominations and the Smoot-Howley Tariff.

Lol. Because tariffs have only two possible settings: zero and economic meltdown. They can never be beneficial.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:13:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 10:49:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"Golden age of the past" and "conservative social issues." Lol. Sure, a golden age, if you were a WASP. A male WASP.

I never said those things. But you bring up a good point which is part of the problem with American "conservatism".

It has no solid ideological base. The Republican Party, to the extent that it stands for anything, seeks to preserve whatever America was like 20-30 years ago, which is why arguments like "well the old days were RACIST!!!!!!!!!" Are actually relatively powerful kill shots against the GOP...they have no firm ideological basis and no real way of articulating a rebuttal to it.

What I said may not even be true. Some members of the GOP do have a clear and coherent ideology, but these people are neocons and neoconservatism is basically just using the Republican base as a crutch to get elected and invade half the world to protect Israel.

Basicly what I'm saying is that the Republican Party really sucks and I want Trump to crash it with no survivors
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 2:40:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 6:24:15 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol. Because tariffs have only two possible settings: zero and economic meltdown. They can never be beneficial.

The problem with the idea of "We won't do tariffs" is that it invites other countries to control trade; be it tariffs of their own, or flat out denial of entry of American goods.

In a perfect world, all countries agree to not tariff each other for maximum trade benefit, but that possibility can only exist with a credible threat of actual tariffs. Trump is right on this. Cruz is wrong.

Also, Skeps is amazing. That is all.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:03:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 2:40:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/18/2016 6:24:15 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol. Because tariffs have only two possible settings: zero and economic meltdown. They can never be beneficial.

The problem with the idea of "We won't do tariffs" is that it invites other countries to control trade; be it tariffs of their own, or flat out denial of entry of American goods.

In a perfect world, all countries agree to not tariff each other for maximum trade benefit, but that possibility can only exist with a credible threat of actual tariffs. Trump is right on this. Cruz is wrong.

It all depends on other variables.

Also, Skeps is amazing. That is all.

Thanks :3
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:13:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 6:24:15 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/18/2016 5:08:21 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:13:46 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:11:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:40 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:09:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:08:44 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
It is written.

Guess I'm a moron then, woohoo

If you prefer Cruz, absolutely

I prefer him because Trump is a protectionist moron, but okay.

True, there is nothing more American than having products slapped together by 3rd world slaves to benefit the top 1%

Industrialization leads to economic development and eventual prosperity, it is a necessary step. We were in a similar position to these nations before our nation was unionized and workers stood up for themselves, but we still needed industrialization to get there.

But yea.. globalization is slavery... or something like that

Don't bother debating trade with thett. He's a big-government, pro union liberal who would have voted for Tariff of Abominations and the Smoot-Howley Tariff.

Lol. Because tariffs have only two possible settings: zero and economic meltdown. They can never be beneficial.

Rarely, the only time any sort of free trade restriction between nations is possibly appropriate is if one nation is gaining an advantage of another through slave labor or something, tariffs rarely are economically beneficial, thus they find justification only on moral grounds.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2016 3:14:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/18/2016 10:49:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"Golden age of the past" and "conservative social issues." Lol. Sure, a golden age, if you were a WASP. A male WASP.

I think there are some things worth preserving from the "old age" besides racism.. because apparently that was the only difference between then and now.