Jump to topic:

Has Obama been a good president?

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 10:20:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I generally have mixed views, although generally on the negative side. The initial promise failed to materialise into anything of significance. He did achieve healthcare reform but has bought few significant law changes through the senate and congress. He has failed to improve gun control and proven to be a weak leader on the international stage. Relations with Russia and China are strained and the early pull out from Iraq resulted in the occupation of some of its territory by Islamic state. The Libyan bombing campaign resulted in a failed state ruled by militia and he has failed to deal with the Syrian crisis. He has improved relations with Cuba and Iran though. The economy is growing to some extent but the budget deficit is way too high.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 10:59:59 PM
At 2/19/2016 10:20:27 PM, beng100 wrote:
I generally have mixed views, although generally on the negative side. The initial promise failed to materialise into anything of significance. He did achieve healthcare reform but has bought few significant law changes through the senate and congress. He has failed to improve gun control and proven to be a weak leader on the international stage. Relations with Russia and China are strained and the early pull out from Iraq resulted in the occupation of some of its territory by Islamic state. The Libyan bombing campaign resulted in a failed state ruled by militia and he has failed to deal with the Syrian crisis. He has improved relations with Cuba and Iran though. The economy is growing to some extent but the budget deficit is way too high.

53% say no.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 11:06:31 PM
At 2/19/2016 10:59:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

53% say no.

Is that Of american citizens? What is your personal opinion?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 11:08:58 PM
At 2/19/2016 11:06:31 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 2/19/2016 10:59:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

53% say no.

Is that Of american citizens? What is your personal opinion?

Maybe as much as 57%

http://www.washingtontimes.com...-/
walker_harris3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 12:54:30 AM

He's been the most divisive President in modern American History. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, if you destroy internal relations in America, you are a terrible President.
http://www.cnn.com...
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:37:44 AM
At 2/20/2016 12:54:30 AM, walker_harris3 wrote:

He's been the most divisive President in modern American History. I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, if you destroy internal relations in America, you are a terrible President.
http://www.cnn.com...

It shows how he has pleased his suppprters i suppose? I agree though that you should try and please the entire electorate.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 2:14:29 AM
At 2/20/2016 1:59:50 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
He is not perfect ,but he is way better than the idiot who used to have that job.

You mean Bush?