Jump to topic:

Pro-Drug Voters are Responsible for Cartels

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 2:06:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
It has been known for decades now that the money from illegal drugs in the U.S. ends up in the hands of Southern drug cartels who terrorize and murder. Yet we continue the war on drugs without caring. Drugs could be manufactured right here in the U.S. without our problem seeping South into Mexico, but we insist on empowering the illegal drug trade. It is therefore the fault of voters, who elect politicians who promote the War on Drugs, that this terrorism continues.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 2:53:00 PM
At 2/20/2016 2:06:45 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
It has been known for decades now that the money from illegal drugs in the U.S. ends up in the hands of Southern drug cartels who terrorize and murder. Yet we continue the war on drugs without caring. Drugs could be manufactured right here in the U.S. without our problem seeping South into Mexico, but we insist on empowering the illegal drug trade. It is therefore the fault of voters, who elect politicians who promote the War on Drugs, that this terrorism continues.

I agree. Conservatives support wasting Federal budgets on useless things, that are making the situation worse, whereas that money could used somewhere else.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:05:29 PM
At 2/20/2016 2:53:00 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

I agree. Conservatives support wasting Federal budgets on useless things, that are making the situation worse, whereas that money could used somewhere else.

Its worse than the 15b we spend on the war on drugs. We have spent good dollar after bad on incarceration for petty drug crime.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:07:23 PM
At 2/20/2016 4:05:29 PM, TBR wrote:

Its worse than the 15b we spend on the war on drugs. We have spent good dollar after bad on incarceration for petty drug crime.

Exactly, our so called "gun epidemic" has more to do with this than anything. Our gun homicide rate would nearly be down 50% if the drug war was ended.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 6:21:11 PM
At 2/20/2016 4:07:23 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 2/20/2016 4:05:29 PM, TBR wrote:

Exactly, our so called "gun epidemic" has more to do with this than anything. Our gun homicide rate would nearly be down 50% if the drug war was ended.

I never thought of the drug war in terms of gun violence. It makes sense that lots of fun violence has to do with drug dealers... Although I'm not sure exactly how much...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:21:28 AM
If you are in the drug business you need to carry a gun or people will steal your money or your merchandise.
Too many of the guys who sell Methamphetamine have sampled their own wares. If you get addicted to meth, you will find your self taking a higher than recommended dose and be taking it until you are a speed freak, and shooting someone will seem like a good idea to you.
If Trump becomes President he will have some scientists genetically engineer a plant that will contain the same alkaloids as the opium poppy. Then anyone who majored in chemistry in college will be able to make something that you can get high on. Meth and heroin will be obsolete and ISIS will not be able to make the money they do in the heroin trade.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:22:52 AM

Word.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 7:38:15 AM
At 2/20/2016 2:51:32 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
lol

So you think the War on Drugs has worked?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:19:55 PM
At 2/21/2016 7:38:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 2/20/2016 2:51:32 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
lol

So you think the War on Drugs has worked?

What I think is that we've given some half-@$$ed attempt that could've never worked and then came to the conclusion that a war on drugs can never work.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:35:25 PM
Here's what we could've done:
1. We could've burned down every opium, cannabis, and cocaine farm that we found, regardless of where in the world it was located.
2. We could've executed every drug dealer that we found on our soil. And not some stupid "You'll stay locked up for 30 years before execution!" nonsense. What I mean is stuff like "Aha! We've caught you, drug dealer! You will accompany us to the nearest military base where a firing squad will be waiting!"
3. People caught with drugs in their system will be interrogated until the identity of their dealer (if any) is disclosed.
4. We could've done a better job at restricting access to materials that can be used to make drugs. I understand that people can always sniff glue, but I mean the big stuff like meth.
5. People on drugs will be put to work (hard work) in prisons.

The approach that we've adopted for the past 30 years or so is way, way, way too moderate.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:38:23 PM
At 2/21/2016 2:35:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
1. We could've burned down every opium, cannabis, and cocaine farm that we found, regardless of where in the world it was located.
2. We could've executed every drug dealer that we found on our soil. And not some stupid "You'll stay locked up for 30 years before execution!" nonsense. What I mean is stuff like "Aha! We've caught you, drug dealer! You will accompany us to the nearest military base where a firing squad will be waiting!"
3. People caught with drugs in their system will be interrogated until the identity of their dealer (if any) is disclosed.
4. We could've done a better job at restricting access to materials that can be used to make drugs. I understand that people can always sniff glue, but I mean the big stuff like meth.
6. People who've been convicted for drug possession sentences will be registered into a database like pedophiles are and they'd be required to live in certain neighbourhoods away from children.

The approach that we've adopted for the past 30 years or so is way, way, way too moderate.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:41:32 PM
At 2/21/2016 2:38:23 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
6. People who've been convicted for drug possession sentences will be registered into a database like pedophiles are and they'd be required to live in certain neighbourhoods away from children. The police will have permission to search any house in these neighborhoods without a warrant at any time. At the same time, we should not take action to restrict access to jobs for these people.

The DDO Blog:

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:40:38 PM
Execution? Okay Ted Cruz...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:28:15 PM
6. People who've been convicted for drug possession sentences will be registered into a database like pedophiles are and they'd be required to live in certain neighbourhoods away from children.

So, when I am popping Valium for kicks.

1) You plan to burn down Pfizer
2) Execute my doctor
3) Pull my fingernails till I give up my right to privacy and "name names"
4) Take away my child chemistry set
5) Put me on a chain gang for hurting no one
6) permanently violate my right to live where I choose, and my right to privacy, AND take away my child

Right. You guys aren't totalitarian at all.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 10:53:54 PM
At 2/21/2016 4:28:15 PM, TBR wrote:

2) Execute my doctor
6) permanently violate my right to live where I choose, and my right to privacy, AND take away my child

Back in the day whenever people actually wanted to crack down on drugs and 50% of all young people weren't using them then yes we could've done all this. Today it'd be very rough to implement all this.

The DDO Blog:

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 11:19:27 PM
At 2/21/2016 10:53:54 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 2/21/2016 4:28:15 PM, TBR wrote:

2) Execute my doctor

Back in the day whenever people actually wanted to crack down on drugs and 50% of all young people weren't using them then yes we could've done all this. Today it'd be very rough to implement all this.

Well, you could still do it. I am just calling it a totalitarian nightmare. The dream of the right, and distasteful. If I could smell through my computer, I'm I would be gagging.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:20:02 PM

Agree. The war on drugs is too soft. Up the stakes and execute the dealer's and imprison the users. Anyone caught smuggling drugs over the border or growing them should also face the death penalty.