Jump to topic:

Trump on Abortion

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:08:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
So with Jeb Bush dropping out I found myself looking at the stances of Trump on various issues. However, I am quite confused as to what his position on abortion is as even the mighty Google can't give me a clear answer. Apparently Cruz even attacked him on his inconsistent views, but called him "pro-choice". Does anyone know what his views on this matter are? How about his view on contraceptives? I'm curious as to whether Trump is currently the "most moderate" of the Republican candidates.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:10:13 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:08:09 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
So with Jeb Bush dropping out I found myself looking at the stances of Trump on various issues. However, I am quite confused as to what his position on abortion is as even the mighty Google can't give me a clear answer. Apparently Cruz even attacked him on his inconsistent views, but called him "pro-choice". Does anyone know what his views on this matter are? How about his view on contraceptives? I'm curious as to whether Trump is currently the "most moderate" of the Republican candidates.

Prolife except for cases of rape, danger to the mother, incest, etc - if I am not mistaken.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:10:56 AM

He was clearly pro-choice for most of his public live. He has only made these pro-life statements in the years since he has had presidential ambitions. Considering how craven he is, make what you will of that.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:13:58 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:10:56 AM, TBR wrote:

He was clearly pro-choice for most of his public live. He has only made these pro-life statements in the years since he has had presidential ambitions. Considering how craven he is, make what you will of that.

He is a craven baby slayer, or a nice guy, one or the other.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:46:52 AM
Trump is republican, so he has to agree with the party line on abortion. I can guarantee you that abortion will still be legal while Trump is in office.
If you believe that life begins at conception, then a woman can just take 10 birth control pills after she has had unprotected sex and that fertilized egg cell will be gone.
Look, 100% of all child molesters are the result of an unaborted pregnancy, Mr. Trump does not give a damn about those fertilized eggs.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:55:53 AM
'I am quite confused as to what his position on abortion is as even the mighty Google can't give me a clear answer. "
Google knows that the supreme court made abortion legal and they have a higher authority than the President, or Congress, so it doesn't matter what the president thinks about abortion.
What does matter is YOU ,Ms. Smith. You could post a selfie of yourself wearing a bikini, and we could all see how beautiful you are.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:20:40 AM
At 2/21/2016 4:55:53 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
'I am quite confused as to what his position on abortion is as even the mighty Google can't give me a clear answer. "

Google knows that the supreme court made abortion legal and they have a higher authority than the President, or Congress, so it doesn't matter what the president thinks about abortion.

What does matter is YOU ,Ms. Smith. You could post a selfie of yourself wearing a bikini, and we could all see how beautiful you are.

I can't send you PMs since you have messages blocked and haven't accepted my friend request, so while I would have preferred to say this to you privately, I am left with no other option but to say this to you publicly.

Your comment above has nothing at all to do with the subject and appears as just a way to objectify a member of this site. It's not appropriate, and please avoid it in the future.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:25:17 AM
At 2/21/2016 3:10:13 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Prolife except for cases of rape, danger to the mother, incest, etc - if I am not mistaken.

Correct but that's his personal view; he is individually pro life, but he would not restrict womens' right to choose.

In that respect, he is the least misogynistic candidate among the Republicans other than Kasich.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 7:33:07 AM

"Let me be clear"I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for rape, incest or the life of the mother being at risk."

https://www.donaldjtrump.com...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:49:38 AM

In my opinion he is actually pro choice but has claimed to be pro life as he knows the importance of this to republican voters. Many of whom are very religious and conservative. If elected president I can virtually guarantee he would have no interest or motivation in changing the law on this issue. In my opinion trump is generally the most moderate republican candidate. As shown by the fact he has prior links to the democrat party and has donated money to it in the past.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:52:40 AM
At 2/21/2016 4:55:53 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

What is your motivation behind posting such an objectifying and sexist comment? It has nothing to do with the topic being discussed and is inappropriate and disrespectful.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:25:38 AM
Trump is liberal on a lot of policy issues. I'm not sure if abortion's one of them, but I'm confident he's not about to go overturn Roe v Wade.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:08:24 AM
I don't think that a candidate's abortion opinion is important because the supreme court have decided that abortion will not be re-criminalized and they out-rank the president.
But it is important to know Ms. Smith's opinion because I might be talking to a beautiful woman about this issue in the future and I would like to say the right thing.
As I remember some women thought that the abortion law required women to use their bodies as incubators for rapist's children, and others were pro-life.
If we can see how beautiful Ms. Smith is we can see how important this issue is to men.