Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Should Nevada's Caucus results be overturned?

SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:29:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
http://www.democraticunderground.com...

I think this provides convincing evidence that at least one precinct, and one of the most important (if not the most important) ones in Nevada was handled extremely poorly, in a way that could easily mess with actual results.

This makes it so conduct in other precincts needs to be looked at, to see if they were handled correctly. Furthermore, this makes it so Nevada's reported results cannot actually be trusted.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:45:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I have another issue with the caucus, but not one that I think has as much of an impact (I might be wrong).
Observant Jews couldn't vote due to it being on their Sabbath, and they are not supposed to do any work on that day.
So, all Religious Jews who are Observant Jews in Nevada were unable to vote due to their religious customs.
These elections shouldn't be on a Saturday.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:49:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Also have heard, but I haven't seen it confirmed, that at one of the casinos, they included the members of the press in their count without them actually being there to vote.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:21:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 3:29:26 PM, SNP1 wrote:
http://www.democraticunderground.com...

I think this provides convincing evidence that at least one precinct, and one of the most important (if not the most important) ones in Nevada was handled extremely poorly, in a way that could easily mess with actual results.

This makes it so conduct in other precincts needs to be looked at, to see if they were handled correctly. Furthermore, this makes it so Nevada's reported results cannot actually be trusted.

Yea, I saw this. It was a mess. Embarrassing mess. But no. No need to get too worked-up. Caucuses are always messy and inaccurate.
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:23:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 4:21:57 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/22/2016 3:29:26 PM, SNP1 wrote:
http://www.democraticunderground.com...

I think this provides convincing evidence that at least one precinct, and one of the most important (if not the most important) ones in Nevada was handled extremely poorly, in a way that could easily mess with actual results.

This makes it so conduct in other precincts needs to be looked at, to see if they were handled correctly. Furthermore, this makes it so Nevada's reported results cannot actually be trusted.

Yea, I saw this. It was a mess. Embarrassing mess. But no. No need to get too worked-up. Caucuses are always messy and inaccurate.

The problem is that there have been quite a few reports (some unverified) of poor conduct in this Caucus. It warrants investigation, and depending on those results, overturning it and, possibly, redoing the caucus.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:37:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 4:23:57 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 2/22/2016 4:21:57 PM, TBR wrote:
At 2/22/2016 3:29:26 PM, SNP1 wrote:
http://www.democraticunderground.com...

I think this provides convincing evidence that at least one precinct, and one of the most important (if not the most important) ones in Nevada was handled extremely poorly, in a way that could easily mess with actual results.

This makes it so conduct in other precincts needs to be looked at, to see if they were handled correctly. Furthermore, this makes it so Nevada's reported results cannot actually be trusted.

Yea, I saw this. It was a mess. Embarrassing mess. But no. No need to get too worked-up. Caucuses are always messy and inaccurate.

The problem is that there have been quite a few reports (some unverified) of poor conduct in this Caucus. It warrants investigation, and depending on those results, overturning it and, possibly, redoing the caucus.

Here's my point. They are not going to "redo" a caucus. Its just not going to happen. The actual delegate split was 19/15 Clinton/Sanders. Invalidating a couple precincts is not going to change this delegate count.

Investigate, fine. Think that it will make some sort of actual impact, not a chance. Some crap goes down in ever primary, and the caucus are the worse. This is NOT government run, its the party. Basically, its not illegal for the party to have a crap process.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:11:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
You know, it's a real shame there might have been voter fraud. Totally sucks. Would be great if there was a way to stop it, right? Maybe some kind of system where you have to display identification in order to vote. I dunno.