Jump to topic:

Christie endorses Trump

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:12:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Chris Christie, the New Jersey Governor and Marco-Rubio-Debate-Kryptonite who dropped out earlier from the race, has actually went ahead and endorsed Donald Trump himself after last nights debate, calling Rubio 'desperate' in the process

http://www.nytimes.com...

Shocking that a big-headed bully from New Jersey (Christie) endorses the big-headed bully from New York (Trump), but I wonder how much of it is because of genuine belief in Trump as a leader compared to general distaste and saltyness he has for Rubio
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:24:17 PM
This was expected.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:34:58 PM
I'm watching CNN right now. Whoever that fvck is in the top-left corner window is a goddamn idiot and a pathetic shill. All he did was take shots at Christie and Trump when talking about the endorsement. And they call this journalism and/or political analysis.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 8:45:37 PM
At 2/26/2016 7:56:57 PM, YYW wrote:
And Matt Katz is an idiot.

Yep. That's who it was...lol how do these people have jobs...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:01:24 PM
I think it was Thett who pointed out that Christie doing what he did was his way to ensure that he remains important in the new republican party being built right now. I, too, expected this.

I think more endorsements will come as well, because as soon as one happens - others tend to follow suit. The door has now been opened by the brave few willing to gamble their political careers for the followers, who are more reserved and cautious about theirs, to walk through.

If Trump doesn't win the nomination, I will be genuinely surprised considering his numbers so far. Super Tuesday will tell all, and I don't expect Rubio to go down without a fight.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:51:33 PM
Christie endorsing Trump is amusing because it's like Fritz (or Igor if you wish) endorsing Dr. Frankenstein.

Trump is also a lot like an evil scientist smirking and repeatedly talking to his companion, which is the role Christie now assumes.

Trump is a lot like Darth Sidious (Palpatine) of Star Wars fame. He plays the game but secretly manipulates everyone. Now in Christie he has his apprentice to play the Darth Vader role.

Except Trump and Christie are more cartoonish.

Picture Gargamel of the Smurfs with his cat Atrael. Or perhaps Dr. Evil and Mini Me (though Christie isn't the mini version of anything, ha ha).
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:53:05 PM
At 2/26/2016 9:13:17 PM, TN05 wrote:
Explains why Christie went after Rubio so hard. Working for a VP spot.

I agree (not vp though, Carson will get that)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:54:11 PM
At 2/26/2016 9:51:33 PM, zoinks wrote:
Christie endorsing Trump is amusing because it's like Fritz (or Igor if you wish) endorsing Dr. Frankenstein.

Trump is also a lot like an evil scientist smirking and repeatedly talking to his companion, which is the role Christie now assumes.

Trump is a lot like Darth Sidious (Palpatine) of Star Wars fame. He plays the game but secretly manipulates everyone. Now in Christie he has his apprentice to play the Darth Vader role.

Picture Gargamel of the Smurfs with his cat Atrael. Or perhaps Dr. Evil and Mini Me (though Christie isn't the mini version of anything, ha ha).

You are no better than "Obama looks like a monkey har har..."
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 9:59:34 PM
I gues DDO members did better than TV "analysts" in regards to forseeing this endorsement. Whelp, nothing new.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:01:51 PM
At 2/26/2016 7:12:45 PM, imabench wrote:
Chris Christie, the New Jersey Governor and Marco-Rubio-Debate-Kryptonite who dropped out earlier from the race, has actually went ahead and endorsed Donald Trump himself after last nights debate, calling Rubio 'desperate' in the process

http://www.nytimes.com...

Shocking that a big-headed bully from New Jersey (Christie) endorses the big-headed bully from New York (Trump), but I wonder how much of it is because of genuine belief in Trump as a leader compared to general distaste and saltyness he has for Rubio

WOW. OK. I will read other comments, and I expect the "can't stump the Trump" etc. but this seems unexpected to me.

Christy is a d1ck, but he was a good party d1ck.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:10:16 PM
At 2/26/2016 9:59:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I guess DDO members did better than TV "analysts" in regards to foreseeing this endorsement. Whelp, nothing new.

Yah, this was my only logical explanation for Christie suicide bombing Rubio. He must have had a prior deal with Trump, just like Carson has had a deal with Trump from the very beginning. Bench thought Christie took a bad gamble, but I would think Christie was way too smart for that...

He isn't called "the art of the deal" for nothing you know....
zoinks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:18:43 PM
At 2/26/2016 9:54:11 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm not making fun of their looks - I'm making fun of the way they act (with a side comment on Christie's size).
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:21:01 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:18:43 PM, zoinks wrote:
At 2/26/2016 9:54:11 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm not making fun of their looks - I'm making fun of the way they act (with a side comment on Christie's size).

Oh my bad. You are no better than "Obama IS like a monkey" har har....