Jump to topic:

Trump's Muslim Ban

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:58:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
There is much controversy over Trump's proposal to a Muslim Ban.

Three-quarters of primary voters in South Carolina support Trump"s plan to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., while 23% oppose his planned ban.

Many people argue that it's unconstitutional to allow the Muslim ban, and some argue it is constitutional for a safety matter. The government is so corrupt and so infiltrated with alien operatives and traitors, it's about time we step-up to the plate, and stop letting in un-useful people just because it's constitutional, or just because we feel "bad" for them.

I'm very interested on hearing you guys opinion on this topic.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:59:44 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:58:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Three-quarters of primary voters in South Carolina support Trump"s plan to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., while 23% oppose his planned ban.

Many people argue that it's unconstitutional to allow the Muslim ban, and some argue it is constitutional for a safety matter. The government is so corrupt and so infiltrated with alien operatives and traitors, it's about time we step-up to the plate, and stop letting in un-useful people just because it's constitutional, or just because we feel "bad" for them.

For god's sake could you please include the word TEMPORARY....
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:02:26 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:59:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol, you just did.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:02:38 PM

To be honest I think it's a bit extreme. I don't think the threat is that high to warrant a total ban. I think trump just took advantage of the San Bernardino attacks to announce a policy that was popular with conservatives, especially after the terrorist attack when emotions were running high.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:03:42 PM

It doesn't even matter if I include temporary, or not. Either way, it's a ban, and there is much controversy as to if we should allow it.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:05:15 PM
At 2/26/2016 11:03:42 PM, Rosalie wrote:

It doesn't even matter if I include temporary, or not. Either way, it's a ban, and there is much controversy as to if we should allow it.

Of course it matters. A temporary ban isn't a policy, it's an action taken in the absence of a policy.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 11:51:41 PM

It's reasonable to put ALL immigration on hold until a specific problem is resolved - and then work to resolve that problem as fast as possible in weeks, maybe a month.

Most of the controversy emerges from the fact that Trump is specifically targeting Muslims based on their faith. The United States is a secular country and we as a society allow people to practice whatever religion they want. Discrimination based on religion is unamerican.

Not only that, it's impossible to tell whether someone is a muslim because religion unlike other things like gender and sometimes race isn't something that shows externally. So, even figuring out who muslims are is not possible let alone banning them.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:36:21 AM
Trump is currently holding a rally in Oklahoma City, and there is a very cute frat boy in the background.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:38:40 AM
At 2/27/2016 12:36:21 AM, YYW wrote:
Trump is currently holding a rally in Oklahoma City, and there is a very cute frat boy in the background.

*going to check*

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:41:05 AM

Guy with the long sleeve white shirt, or the one with the red sleeve long shirt with the baseball cap?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:41:38 AM
At 2/27/2016 12:41:05 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Guy with the long sleeve white shirt, or the one with the red sleeve long shirt with the baseball cap?

Baseball cap bottom right side
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:44:52 AM
"Its going to be a beautiful wall"

Yes, yes it will Trump. <3

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:50:30 AM
What F-16 said.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 12:53:41 AM

There is a compelling argument that non-US citizens do not have, nor should they be the beneficiaries of, US constitutional rights. Yet, if we say that the ban is "unconstitutional" then we are allowing non-Americans to benefit from American law even when not in the United States.

The reality is that we have a profoundly discriminatory immigration policy as it is. We should be accepting more people from China and Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as Eastern Europe but it is very hard for people within those groups to be granted citizenship, which is really unfortunate.

The single hardest working group of people you're going to find are those from Nigeria, Chad, or countries like that, and many of them enter the United States with sophisticated educational backgrounds, or, rather, would if we permitted them too. Especially the Christians in sub-Saharan Africa.

(I say this because I personally know and have worked with immigrants from those regions, and US immigration policy is incredibly hostile to them.)

At the very least, to put this in perspective, Trump is really proposing something no less harsh than current US immigration policy with regard to immigrants from Afghanistan, Iraq, Senegal, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Niger, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Ivory Coast (which is a beautiful country), Namibia, and the list goes on.
Tsar of DDO
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 1:54:46 AM
It's a ban on entering the country, not a ban on muslims, not that it is any more reasonable/
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:37:30 AM
At 2/27/2016 1:54:46 AM, mc9 wrote:
It's a ban on entering the country, not a ban on muslims, not that it is any more reasonable/

Note that it's called *Muslim ban.

Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 1:08:10 PM

Why does he want a ban on ALL Muslims? Why not just Muslims from areas with lots of terrorists?
I don't have a signature. :-)
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 9:24:20 PM
At 2/27/2016 1:08:10 PM, Bob13 wrote:

Why does he want a ban on ALL Muslims? Why not just Muslims from areas with lots of terrorists?

He wants a temporary ban on Muslims entering the Us, but it does seem weird that he wouldn't allow people from .europe in and why not just ban people from those countries?
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 9:28:18 PM
At 2/27/2016 9:24:20 PM, mc9 wrote:
At 2/27/2016 1:08:10 PM, Bob13 wrote:

He wants a temporary ban on Muslims entering the Us, but it does seem weird that he wouldn't allow people from .europe in and why not just ban people from those countries?

Exactly.
I don't have a signature. :-)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 10:22:04 PM

So he wants to be a TEMPORARY reactionary xenophobia.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 10:48:11 PM
Are we referring to a total temporary ban on entry, or just as far as immigration is concerned? If I recall correctly, Trump himself changed his mind.

At 2/27/2016 10:22:04 PM, TBR wrote:

So what
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 11:01:34 PM
At 2/27/2016 10:48:11 PM, someloser wrote:
Are we referring to a total temporary ban on entry, or just as far as immigration is concerned? If I recall correctly, Trump himself changed his mind.

At 2/27/2016 10:22:04 PM, TBR wrote:

So what

The poster was insistent on getting it right - temporary - I obligated and elaborated, that is what.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:38:52 AM
Muslim terrorist: "Oh no, I came all this way to get into American and now I see that they won't let me in because I am a Muslim! What do I do?"

Bystander: "Well, you see that box that asks "Are you a Muslim"?... Check "NO".

Muslim terrorist: "Wow. You're a genius!".
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:08:55 AM
At 2/28/2016 1:38:52 AM, Double_R wrote:
Muslim terrorist: "Oh no, I came all this way to get into American and now I see that they won't let me in because I am a Muslim! What do I do?"

Bystander: "Well, you see that box that asks "Are you a Muslim"?... Check "NO".

Muslim terrorist: "Wow. You're a genius!".

You don't need to administer religious tests to enforce this. Look at the 1907 immigration act.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:58:44 AM
I have a few views on this.

First, I really don't think it will actually be done. It seems a lot like political posturing -- or some sort of attempt to gain votes -- to me. I am aware that Trump discredits political correctness, but when one takes into account the impracticality of actually implementing this, and when one takes into account that Trump is a smart man, it seems to me merely a vote-gainer. I don't reckon it will ever be put into practice.

Second, it won't work. It's overly impractical to implement such a thing. How is it possible to restrict "Muslim immigration" to the United States at all? Religion isn't a recognizable trait. One's religious beliefs are entirely based on one's personal affinity towards a certain faith. There's no proper way to identify someone as "Muslim," since it's so easy to claim otherwise. Islamic terrorist organizations can easily mislead immigration officials because there's no actual way to prove if someone is a "Muslim" or not. Furthermore, the majority of terrorism in the US isn't even by Muslims. A report suggested that 6% of terrorism in American soil is performed by Islamic extremists, but 7% is performed by Jewish extremists. Religious motivation for terrorism, under this data, isn't even dominated by Muslims. More than 90% of all terrorist attacks were carried out by non-Muslims. [http://www.globalresearch.ca...]

I get what Trump says about "changing immigration policy" in the US with regards to security. The current code might be incredibly insecure, et cetera -- and Trump is only calling for a *temporary* restriction on Muslim immigration till the policies are changed. There has been much exaggeration regarding what Trump wants to do. It isn't a "Muslim ban," or something as extreme as that. But it's impractical political posturing. A better plan would be to restrict *all* immigration to the US temporarily while fixing immigration policies as fast as possible (around a month or two is all it should take). Following that, immigration can be opened up again.

Another problem with Trump's posturing in this instance is that the media exaggerations -- that portray it as a "Muslim ban" proposal, or something similar -- encourages terrorism motivated by such radicalism. There have actually been reports of ISIS and similar organizations using this proposal to recruit people to the organization. And that could be further inflamed if such a proposal is actually implemented, so (a) it won't work at all due to changing of personal label, and (b) it could actually incite violence.

With these facts established, one can also conclude that holding Muslims responsible for terrorism is immensely prejudiced and unfair.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 9:29:51 AM

The government is so corrupt and so infiltrated with alien operatives and traitors,

Pretty bold statement to make without backing it up with any shred of evidence or source whatsoever
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:57:56 PM

Ban all men first because foreign men kill a whole shat load before muslims. Beside if you think the government has a magic religion detector, you would be wrong. Plus you want to fvck over our allies and deny Israelis and other ally muslims entrance to the us?

Forget about the unconstitutional angle. It gets tossed out due to stupidity.
JarmOlle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:13:37 PM
Preis Trump he thinks over half of Islamic religion are terrorists so he'll not from religion Islamic to America even he maybe will max 20,000 Islamic human to America.

Marco Rubio will at least 100,000 mouslims to America and more is possible for this conservative political how trust in immigrants rules in hims politic in America.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:43:07 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:57:56 PM, slo1 wrote:

Ban all men first because foreign men kill a whole shat load before muslims. Beside if you think the government has a magic religion detector, you would be wrong. Plus you want to fvck over our allies and deny Israelis and other ally muslims entrance to the us?

Forget about the unconstitutional angle. It gets tossed out due to stupidity.

Where is it unconstitutional to have borders?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 4:14:48 PM
At 2/28/2016 2:13:37 PM, JarmOlle wrote:
Preis Trump he thinks over half of Islamic religion are terrorists so he'll not from religion Islamic to America even he maybe will max 20,000 Islamic human to America.

Marco Rubio will at least 100,000 mouslims to America and more is possible for this conservative political how trust in immigrants rules in hims politic in America.

So how long has English been your second language?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015