Jump to topic:

A political Oscar

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 6:10:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
The way they addressed the race issue was, in most cases, horrendously cringey. And for fvcks sake, the Oscar's are merit awards. If you push inclusiveness for the sole sake of it, then there's going to be a whole lot of undeserving winners. Really, the two performances that were completely undeservingly snubbed were Idris Elba for Beasts of No Nation and David Oyelowo for Selma.

The actual awards were so plainly by the book, though. Only surprises were Rylance for supporting actor, and to a lesser extent Alicia Vikander for The Danish Girl.
ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 11:25:08 PM
At 2/29/2016 6:10:30 PM, Torton wrote:
The way they addressed the race issue was, in most cases, horrendously cringey. And for fvcks sake, the Oscar's are merit awards. If you push inclusiveness for the sole sake of it, then there's going to be a whole lot of undeserving winners. Really, the two performances that were completely undeservingly snubbed were Idris Elba for Beasts of No Nation and David Oyelowo for Selma.

The actual awards were so plainly by the book, though. Only surprises were Rylance for supporting actor, and to a lesser extent Alicia Vikander for The Danish Girl.

It was really cringey indeed. Sometimes I couldn't tell when I should have laughed or not. I could sense a certain tensity in the audience, a sort of uneasiness with all the lines Chris was pulling. Also for the most part Chris made his allegiance to the issue somewhat ambiguous. Did you get the same feeling or nah?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:19:02 AM
I actually really like how they added a ticker at the bottom of the screen showing who the winners would like to thank. It makes the speeches somewhat more meaningful/memorable rather than just being a clusterf*ck of shoutouts nobody is going to remember 3 days later
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015