TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:13:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

Apparently, there's a secret tape that Donald has made confessing he doesn't actually believe what he says about his immigration policies. If this tape is true, and it's as serious as Cruz makes it out to be, I believe this would be a crippling blow for Trump's campaign.

Thoughts?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:17:40 AM
At 3/1/2016 12:13:51 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Apparently, there's a secret tape that Donald has made confessing he doesn't actually believe what he says about his immigration policies. If this tape is true, and it's as serious as Cruz makes it out to be, I believe this would be a crippling blow for Trump's campaign.

Thoughts?

Trump could make his VP pick be an illegal mexican immigrant and his dumba** voter base will still support him.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:21:03 AM
At 3/1/2016 12:17:40 AM, imabench wrote:

Thoughts?

Trump could make his VP pick be an illegal mexican immigrant and his dumba** voter base will still support him.

This has been one of the major cornerstones of Trump's campaign. If there's a video showing him blowing hot air on this topic I really think it would make his voting base think twice about him now.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:23:33 AM
At 3/1/2016 12:21:03 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/1/2016 12:17:40 AM, imabench wrote:

Thoughts?

This has been one of the major cornerstones of Trump's campaign. If there's a video showing him blowing hot air on this topic I really think it would make his voting base think twice about him now.

His voter base didnt think about him in the first place before supporting him though XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:24:12 AM
It is good for the Trump campaign that Ted Cruz is the guy who broke this news, because it will reinforce why people dislike Ted Cruz.

It reeks of manipulation.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:33:37 AM
TIL Donald Trump is a closeted klansman racist who is secretly soft on immigration
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:34:31 AM
At 3/1/2016 3:24:12 AM, YYW wrote:
It is good for the Trump campaign that Ted Cruz is the guy who broke this news, because it will reinforce why people dislike Ted Cruz.

They're so stupid. They don't realize that they released so much opposition research and attempted so many smears at once that it came off as totally disingenuous
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:50:52 AM

Thoughts?

This is such a non-scandal.

I really doubt he said anything damning to the nyt, it reeks of desperation.

He's made immigration his issue and has hardliners eating out of his hand. People who are happy to hear someone take a strong anti immigration stance aren't going to flip because a perceived immigration squish like Rubio doubt Donald's sincerity.

So many reasons this doesn't play
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:51:32 AM
At 3/1/2016 3:34:31 AM, thett3 wrote:

They're so stupid. They don't realize that they released so much opposition research and attempted so many smears at once that it came off as totally disingenuous

This criticism is just completely detached from context. It's very clear that there's no course of action available to the other candidates that's going to diminish Trump's support base - I mean, like 70% or so of his supporters are completely committed to him regardless of what happens. Rubio and Cruz are in states of desperation, and if you were either of them I wonder what you would be doing differently (that would actually work).... maybe they should hire you
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:54:54 AM
lol literally nothing short of an endorsement from Obama could collapse the Trump campaign . . . so you're bound to view anything the candidates do hereafter as 'stupid'
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:06:03 AM

They really are. You're exactly right. He sounds like a straight up conspiracy theorist.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:09:25 AM
At 3/1/2016 3:51:32 AM, 000ike wrote:

This criticism is just completely detached from context. It's very clear that there's no course of action available to the other candidates that's going to diminish Trump's support base - I mean, like 70% or so of his supporters are completely committed to him regardless of what happens. Rubio and Cruz are in states of desperation, and if you were either of them I wonder what you would be doing differently (that would actually work).... maybe they should hire you

The question that naturally follows from what you wrote is WHY did Trump get such a large and enthusiastic base? He obviously is a deeply flawed man and an even worse candidate, but he's the only person willing to talk straight....even if he isn't always right.

What would I advise Cruz, Rubio, ect, to do? Fire me. And all advisors. These advisors making millions off of these candidates have literally no idea what they're talking about--the way to beat Trump is not focus group tested soundbytes or even carefully memorized stand up comedy like Rubio has been trying to go for, it's to be real.

Look what Rubio has accomplished. He decided he wanted to go head to head with Trump on his own turf, down in the mud, and what exactly did it get him? Pee jokes and jabs about the size of Trumps penis? He debased himself both as a man and as a politician and has nothing to show for it, and he did this at the worst possible time. The time to take the fight to Trump is not after you've lost 4 primaries in a row and are on course to lose 11 more. I'm not claiming that I could've made Rubio into a winning candidate (though I probably could've), but whatever advice I would give would be much better than "Wait until its too late to attack Trump and hit him with so much that it appears disingenuous and desperate"
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:10:11 AM
At 3/1/2016 3:33:37 AM, thett3 wrote:
TIL Donald Trump is a closeted klansman racist who is secretly soft on immigration

This is what's hilarious... the media all look like total idiots. First Trump is a racist KKK sympathizer. Then, he's soft on immigration and mouthing off to the New York Times about how he doesn't give a sh!t about the border.

If he was a racist, he'd want to close the borders. But if he doesn't give a sh!t about the borders, then he's less likely to be a racist. The attacks are coming from mutually exclusive logical standpoints, and it's comedically woeful how stupid Cruz is in light of the fact that the David Duke thing happened.

What does this look like? It looks like all of his opponents are coming at him from all angles with the force of a thousand burning suns and his tan just gets a little bronzer.

If there was a logically consistent thread of attack, Trump's numbers might go down... it may actually even be that Trump had advance notice of the NYT thing so that he went and made a show about the David Duke thing to make all of his opponents look like chickens "running around with their heads cut off" (as my grandmother used to say).
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:20:05 AM
I agree with ike. At this point, the only way Cruz and Rubio have a chance against Trump is if some major scandal comes to light. They pretty much have nothing to lose at this point. They need to throw everything they got and hope something sticks, otherwise they're out. Funny how things have turned out, isn't it?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:29:21 AM
At 3/1/2016 3:33:37 AM, thett3 wrote:

Pundits, at least on CNN, haven't contended that Trump is racist, but that he's unwilling to eschew the support of white supremacists, presumably because a series of southern states are holding primaries tomorrow. That's a different, and far more probable accusation.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 11:37:33 AM
This is definitely a desperate move but I'd like to see the tapes just to see what it actually says. I seriously think that depending on the contents of the tape it could damn Trump or it could damn Cruz -- I could just be blowing it out of proportion for myself though.

I used to think Trump, like a lot of others, was just a buffoon who happened to stumble into the election cycle. I didn't take him serious. YYW & Thett's posts, threads, and hangout conversations have actually made me think about him differently throughout this primary.