Jump to topic:

Triple Team Sanders

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 12:46:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'm making this thread only because I haven't seen anyone else post about it.

On Friday, former Secretary of Labor (and longtime associate of the Clinton's) Robert Reich endorsed Sanders for president, stating that Sanders is "leading a movement to reclaim America for the many, not the few."

While news outlets were jumping with Sanders' disastrous day in South Carolina, a few other high-profile people attempted to circumvent this by also endorsing Sanders, thereby sending more positive media attention his way.

Congressman Alan Grayson (D-Florida) promised to give his superdelegate vote at the DNC to Sanders. He polled voters asking him which candidate he should endorse and received an overwhelming response (86%) in favor of Sanders. It's worth noting that his poll received more responses than the number of primary voters in South Carolina, Nevada, and New Hampshire combined.

The day before Grayson's announcement came perhaps the biggest endorsement of all, when Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) quit her position as vice-chair in the DNC in order to endorse Sanders, citing his cautious approach to foreign policy as her primary reasoning.

Finally, while it isn't yet confirmed, there are now rumors that Elizabeth Warren, who has maintained neutrality thus far, will endorse Sanders, which could greatly help him in Massachusetts and Oklahoma.

Do you think any of these will matter? Are they too little too late?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:04:41 AM
I thought the Hawaii endorsement was odd - but it could be helpful.

If those rumors are true, Warren needs to say something now.

Florida was very nice, but I don't think he'll win the state regardless.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:06:58 AM
At 3/1/2016 1:04:41 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I thought the Hawaii endorsement was odd - but it could be helpful.

I think the fact that it came from the vice-chair of the DNC is what makes it so big.

If those rumors are true, Warren needs to say something now.

Agreed. Super Tuesday is...tomorrow.

Florida was very nice, but I don't think he'll win the state regardless.

Probably not, but it does show he can get support from established people.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:23:56 AM
At 3/1/2016 12:46:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

On Friday, former Secretary of Labor (and longtime associate of the Clinton's) Robert Reich endorsed Sanders for president, stating that Sanders is "leading a movement to reclaim America for the many, not the few."

While news outlets were jumping with Sanders' disastrous day in South Carolina, a few other high-profile people attempted to circumvent this by also endorsing Sanders, thereby sending more positive media attention his way.

Congressman Alan Grayson (D-Florida) promised to give his superdelegate vote at the DNC to Sanders. He polled voters asking him which candidate he should endorse and received an overwhelming response (86%) in favor of Sanders. It's worth noting that his poll received more responses than the number of primary voters in South Carolina, Nevada, and New Hampshire combined.

The day before Grayson's announcement came perhaps the biggest endorsement of all, when Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) quit her position as vice-chair in the DNC in order to endorse Sanders, citing his cautious approach to foreign policy as her primary reasoning.

Finally, while it isn't yet confirmed, there are now rumors that Elizabeth Warren, who has maintained neutrality thus far, will endorse Sanders, which could greatly help him in Massachusetts and Oklahoma.

Coupel reasons why they wont

1) Sanders got the endorsement of a FORMER Labor Secretary, but Clinton just landed the endorsement of the CURRENT Secretary of Labor, who is now getting VP looks. These two at the very least balance each other out
http://www.politico.com...

2) Alan Grayson is a whore. He's a House Representative from Florida of a district near me who is launching a Senate campaign for Florida since Rubio is vacating his seat. He tried to take credit for whats his name stepping down from being the next Speaker of the House, and his poll letting people decide his Delegate vote was hosted on facebook, where Bernie's fanbase lives. His delegate vote is completely worthless and meaningless, but he's just trying to ride any news story he can get his hands on (Sanders) to get himself into the Senate.

3) For every congressmen who endorses Sanders, ten others endorse Clinton. Nobody knows who Tulsi is nor will most people ever even care.

Elizabeth Warren's endorsement would outweigh all 3 of these endorsements by a factor of 50,000. And that might be lowballing it. If Sanders gets Warren's endorsement, that would likely be the greatest thing Sanders achieves in his presidential run.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:27:28 AM
At 3/1/2016 1:23:56 AM, imabench wrote:

1) Sanders got the endorsement of a FORMER Labor Secretary, but Clinton just landed the endorsement of the CURRENT Secretary of Labor, who is now getting VP looks. These two at the very least balance each other out

That's fair.

2) Alan Grayson is a whore. He's a House Representative from Florida of a district near me who is launching a Senate campaign for Florida since Rubio is vacating his seat. He tried to take credit for whats his name stepping down from being the next Speaker of the House, and his poll letting people decide his Delegate vote was hosted on facebook, where Bernie's fanbase lives. His delegate vote is completely worthless and meaningless, but he's just trying to ride any news story he can get his hands on (Sanders) to get himself into the Senate.

I'll have to take your word for most of this. You live in the same state, after all.

3) For every congressmen who endorses Sanders, ten others endorse Clinton. Nobody knows who Tulsi is nor will most people ever even care.

Really? She's the one who had the most coverage of the three. And she is the vice-chair of the DNC. Or was, anyway.

Elizabeth Warren's endorsement would outweigh all 3 of these endorsements by a factor of 50,000. And that might be lowballing it. If Sanders gets Warren's endorsement, that would likely be the greatest thing Sanders achieves in his presidential run.

Why do you think she hasn't endorsed either candidate yet?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 1:33:10 AM
At 3/1/2016 1:27:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

That's fair.

I'll have to take your word for most of this. You live in the same state, after all.

http://thefloridasqueeze.com...

He's a joke in the northern and middle part of the state

Really? She's the one who had the most coverage of the three.

That wasnt a very high bar to clear :P

No idea at all, but her endorsement would be a giant boost to whoever gets it.

She's second only to Biden as the highest profile Democrat yet to endorse someone (second only to Biden) Since Obama isnt getting involved and since Harry Reid endorsed Clinton http://www.cnn.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 11:49:06 PM
At 3/1/2016 1:33:10 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/1/2016 1:27:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

That's fair.

http://thefloridasqueeze.com...

He's a joke in the northern and middle part of the state

Really? She's the one who had the most coverage of the three.

That wasnt a very high bar to clear :P

No idea at all, but her endorsement would be a giant boost to whoever gets it.

She's second only to Biden as the highest profile Democrat yet to endorse someone (second only to Biden) Since Obama isnt getting involved and since Harry Reid endorsed Clinton http://www.cnn.com...

Lol, the fake news story though. That was priceless.