Jump to topic:

Why Does the RNC Dislike Cruz?

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 11:54:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'm genuinely curious (so please, don't just hate) why the GOP/RNC don't like Cruz?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 12:03:33 AM
At 3/2/2016 11:54:11 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I'm genuinely curious (so please, don't just hate) why the GOP/RNC don't like Cruz?

Because he's an obstructionist sh!thead with all the charismatic appeal of a severed penis.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 12:25:41 AM
He's such a slimeball that establishment politicians hate him.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:00:16 PM
At 3/3/2016 12:03:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Because he's an obstructionist *censored* with all the charismatic appeal of a severed *censored*.

Care to answer that without complete hate? Lol
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:00:28 PM
At 3/3/2016 12:25:41 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
He's such a slimeball that establishment politicians hate him.

Hm, okay.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:03:44 PM

Because he is a psychopath who is willing to burn Washington to get his way. He governs like an insurgent. He lies more than anyone else in the beltway.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:08:06 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:03:44 PM, YYW wrote:

Because he is a psychopath who is willing to burn Washington to get his way. He governs like an insurgent. He lies more than anyone else in the beltway.

I see. I hear a lot of hate about him, but I was just curious in having someone explain why people/establishment hate him so much.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:12:35 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:08:06 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I see. I hear a lot of hate about him, but I was just curious in having someone explain why people/establishment hate him so much.

For these reasons.

You're also a special kind of person to fake being an evangelical to get votes.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:13:15 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:12:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

For these reasons.

Lol.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:15:37 PM

I could maybe at some point post a detailed analysis of the specific things he's done, thing's he's flip-flopped on, political games he's played, etc. That might be helpful to understand. But the point is that the sum of all of those things is why people hate him; his reputation is one of an unscrupulous manipulator who will stop at nothing to get his way.

That distinguishes him from most politicians. Most politicians, for example, would not gambol with the full faith and credit of the United States treasury. Cruz is happy to do that, because whether the US's credit rating plunges, or whether it doesn't, he knows that he wins and he does not give a sh!t about what impact that will have on the American people. He knows that Obama would have taken the blame and that even if he drove the United States into fiscal armageddon which Republicans have been trying to do since Obama took office, he would benefit politically from it.

Even his fellow Republicans hate him for that reason. They see him as someone who is dangerous; who is unwilling to play by the institutional rules, and who will destroy anyone or anything that gets in his way.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:16:55 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:15:37 PM, YYW wrote:

I could maybe at some point post a detailed analysis of the specific things he's done, thing's he's flip-flopped on, political games he's played, etc. That might be helpful to understand. But the point is that the sum of all of those things is why people hate him; his reputation is one of an unscrupulous manipulator who will stop at nothing to get his way.

That distinguishes him from most politicians. Most politicians, for example, would not gambol with the full faith and credit of the United States treasury. Cruz is happy to do that, because whether the US's credit rating plunges, or whether it doesn't, he knows that he wins and he does not give a sh!t about what impact that will have on the American people. He knows that Obama would have taken the blame and that even if he drove the United States into fiscal armageddon which Republicans have been trying to do since Obama took office, he would benefit politically from it.

Even his fellow Republicans hate him for that reason. They see him as someone who is dangerous; who is unwilling to play by the institutional rules, and who will destroy anyone or anything that gets in his way.

Ah, okay.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:32:25 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:00:16 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/3/2016 12:03:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Because he's an obstructionist *censored* with all the charismatic appeal of a severed *censored*.

Care to answer that without complete hate? Lol

YYW summed it up pretty well.

Lindsey Graham once said that "if you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you."
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:35:49 PM
It should also be pointed out that Cruz literally thinks he was anointed by God to be president, which probably explains his approach to politics at least in part. After all, how can he let down God?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:32:00 PM

Remember that government shut down in Congress that happened about a year or two ago over Obamacare? Cruz was one of the members who drove that shutdown against the wills of the GOP. GOP leadership like McConnell knew, along with everyone else, that a government shutdown would not succeed in forcing the repeal of Obamacare. Cruz and other Senators loved by the Tea Party though didnt care, and managed to drive the government to shut down by forcing the GOP to either side with them or appear to betray their own party regarding fighting Obamacare, which the GOP wasnt ready to risk. So Cruz forced them into a corner and agreed to play along since they couldnt risk looking content with Obamacare.

Unfortunately the shutdown not only didnt accomplish the goal they knew it wouldnt achieve, it also made the GOP look like the poster children of being the party of obstructionism, which really hurt their ratings. Ted Cruz and other tea party senators essentially hijacked Congress and forced it to shutdown just for sh*ts and giggles, and he tried to do it again regarding funding to planned parenthood that luckily didnt pan out.

Cruz though does this not to try to accomplish anything, but to just hype up to his own voter base about how he is doing what the Tea Party faction of the party wants him to do, essentially selling out what little bipartisianship there is left in Congress and making the rest of the party look bad and incompetent just to boost his own approval ratings among voters..... Its the equivalent of political extortion that he pulled against his own party, which is why people hate him.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 11:34:23 PM

He stucks to his principles. He wants his vision of an ideal government at any cost and is unwilling to negotiate or compromise.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 11:37:18 PM
At 3/3/2016 2:12:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

For these reasons.

They all fake that stuff. The reason Obama didn't know the absurd stuff his preacher was saying, is because he barely attended church, but he'd rather people think he sat thwir listening to that rubbish, than just admit he o ly goes, if its convenient. I remember 8 years ago, that the DNC even had a person teaching candidates how to fake being Christian.