Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Obama, Biden, Elizabeth Warren all endorse:

imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:28:54 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Ted Strickland in the Senate primary race in Ohio

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

For reasons that are completely nonsensical to me, Obama, Biden, and Warren are all handing out endorsements to people who are in primary contests for SENATE seats, yet remain silent on the one for the damn PRESIDENCY..... Which many consider a 'must-win' this year..... They (Obama, Biden, Warren, even Bill Clinton) have endorsed Strickland in Ohio, and many of them have also endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy to be the Dem candidate for the Senate seat in Florida, preferring him over Rep Alan Grayson, a notorious man-whore

As the primary for the presidency drags on though it becomes increasingly less likely to be up for grabs as more and more states cast their votes. So can someone explain to me why the hell these three, Obama + Biden + Warren, are throwing their hats/endorsements into Senate primaries rather than the Presidential primary? I cant make sense out of it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

http://www.electionprojection.com...

And the dem primary is basically decided.

Not really. If the big three wanted to lead a mutiny against Clinton or at least level the playing field between her and Sanders then now would be the opportune time to endorse Sanders. If they want to back Clinton though now would also be the time to endorse her since Bernies fans routinely keep pointing to states he win to keep fueling their quest
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:00:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

That prediction is totally unwarranted. Those two seats are what thee ms are very likely to get at a minimum. I'd say odds of a dem senate are very low, but is still makes sense for dems to be working hard for whatever they can get.

This especially try if they think trump will hurt senate republicans, which I think it could.


http://www.electionprojection.com...

And the dem primary is basically decided.

Not really. If the big three wanted to lead a mutiny against Clinton or at least level the playing field between her and Sanders then now would be the opportune time to endorse Sanders. If they want to back Clinton though now would also be the time to endorse her since Bernies fans routinely keep pointing to states he win to keep fueling their quest

Ok you just posted a thread about how outside the chance of a samders win is.

But it's not important- Biden obama are spending political capital where they see gains to be made. Why should they get involved in the infighting of the presidential primary?

Your op runs counter to political common sense
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:14:12 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:00:59 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

That prediction is totally unwarranted. Those two seats are what thee ms are very likely to get at a minimum. I'd say odds of a dem senate are very low,

You're basing this entirely off of your own opinion though

but is still makes sense for dems to be working hard for whatever they can get.

This especially try if they think trump will hurt senate republicans, which I think it could.

^ fair point

http://www.electionprojection.com...

And the dem primary is basically decided.

Not really. If the big three wanted to lead a mutiny against Clinton or at least level the playing field between her and Sanders then now would be the opportune time to endorse Sanders. If they want to back Clinton though now would also be the time to endorse her since Bernies fans routinely keep pointing to states he win to keep fueling their quest

Ok you just posted a thread about how outside the chance of a samders win is.

But it's not important- Biden obama are spending political capital where they see gains to be made. Why should they get involved in the infighting of the presidential primary?

To END it, why else? If trump wins the nomination like he unfortunately will them the Dems would get the presidency on a silver platter. It would therefore be disastrous if the Dems screwed this opportunity up because of infighting within the party, giving leaders a hell of an incentive to jump in and endorse someone....

Your op runs counter to political common sense

Not really mate
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:22:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:14:12 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:00:59 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

That prediction is totally unwarranted. Those two seats are what thee ms are very likely to get at a minimum. I'd say odds of a dem senate are very low,

You're basing this entirely off of your own opinion though

...more like the political consensus that's out there in the aether. The odd are non-zero, I'd put money on the Illinois seat flipping, the balance is in the realm of possibility but unlikely. Idk I'm not making a super involved argument.


but is still makes sense for dems to be working hard for whatever they can get.

This especially try if they think trump will hurt senate republicans, which I think it could.

^ fair point

http://www.electionprojection.com...

And the dem primary is basically decided.

Not really. If the big three wanted to lead a mutiny against Clinton or at least level the playing field between her and Sanders then now would be the opportune time to endorse Sanders. If they want to back Clinton though now would also be the time to endorse her since Bernies fans routinely keep pointing to states he win to keep fueling their quest

Ok you just posted a thread about how outside the chance of a samders win is.

But it's not important- Biden obama are spending political capital where they see gains to be made. Why should they get involved in the infighting of the presidential primary?

To END it, why else? If trump wins the nomination like he unfortunately will them the Dems would get the presidency on a silver platter. It would therefore be disastrous if the Dems screwed this opportunity up because of infighting within the party, giving leaders a hell of an incentive to jump in and endorse someone....


Who gives a hoot if it goes on? The dem primary is pretty tame, Clinton and samders aren't hurting each other, it's pretty clear that at the end of the day the den base will rally around whichever.

Your op runs counter to political common sense

Not really mate

Where are you reading pieces on how the den primary is tanking their chances in the general? Where are you reading about how critical it is that the primary end quickly? It doesn't matter, this isn't an issue.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:35:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 4:28:54 AM, imabench wrote:
and many of them have also endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy to be the Dem candidate for the Senate seat in Florida, preferring him over Rep Alan Grayson, a notorious man-whore

This is hilariously accurate, mate.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 12:17:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:22:04 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:14:12 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:00:59 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

That prediction is totally unwarranted. Those two seats are what thee ms are very likely to get at a minimum. I'd say odds of a dem senate are very low,

You're basing this entirely off of your own opinion though

...more like the political consensus that's out there in the aether.

You haven't provided a single source that indicates what you claim is even close to remotely true. You only state your opinion and treat it as fact.

The odd are non-zero, I'd put money on the Illinois seat flipping, the balance is in the realm of possibility but unlikely. Idk I'm not making a super involved argument.

Not really mate

Where are you reading pieces on how the den primary is tanking their chances in the general? Where are you reading about how critical it is that the primary end quickly? It doesn't matter, this isn't an issue

You're completely missing the point of the thread
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 1:28:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 12:17:39 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:22:04 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:14:12 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:00:59 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:44:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:32:19 AM, Raisor wrote:
....because dems want to win back the senate

But theyre not going to be able to do that..... They can win back two seats tops, and they would need 4 more on top of that to break even

That prediction is totally unwarranted. Those two seats are what thee ms are very likely to get at a minimum. I'd say odds of a dem senate are very low,

You're basing this entirely off of your own opinion though

...more like the political consensus that's out there in the aether.

You haven't provided a single source that indicates what you claim is even close to remotely true. You only state your opinion and treat it as fact.

The odd are non-zero, I'd put money on the Illinois seat flipping, the balance is in the realm of possibility but unlikely. Idk I'm not making a super involved argument.

Not really mate

Where are you reading pieces on how the den primary is tanking their chances in the general? Where are you reading about how critical it is that the primary end quickly? It doesn't matter, this isn't an issue

You're completely missing the point of the thread

This was the first thing that came up on google

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...