Jump to topic:

Jim Profit vs Jim Profit on issues.

JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 11:35:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Some might not understand, I will explain... I'm alot more open minded then people give me credit for. So much so, that I can give you a full fledge debate as both a radical libertarian, and a radical communist, at the same time!!! You can name the issue, but the first issue will be about the death penalty. If you like it, feel free to list new issues and I'll do more comics like this. I enjoy it alot. As I've been both a hardcore randroid and a bolshevik state communist in my life. How could I make such hard shifts? Because I react to where I get banned. But I get banned from both objectivist forums AND leftwing forums like revleft. (Granteed, alot of leftists do... so that doesn't prove much...) All in all, I don't see my libertarian vs communist sides as conflicting, but rather different ways of approaching the same issue. Maybe it'll help you, or atleast entertain you I hope... This is basically my two consciences going at it. I don't particularly see either one as good or bad. They switch D&D alignments like Batman... lulz! I can't post images, that hurts this comic alot because the facial expressions fit their projecting of emotion. But I'll try without..

I can't make bold either. FFFFUUUUU... lol

Libertarian Jim Profit:
As libertarian Jim Profit, I am vehemently opposed to the death penalty. It is just another oppurtunity for the state to decide who is and isn't worthy...

Communist Jim Profit:
Ofcourse you would you suburban hipster! I bet in your mind it's wrong for a fair minded court room, filled with unbias jurymen and a judge to decide life and death for a criminal, but it's perfectly ok for you, in your lonesome, to kill someone cause God forbid they should be fifty feet within your rundown trailer, to possibly take your nascar plates!!!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Whilest I do not appreciate your excessive use of ad-homs communist jim, you hit the nail on the head. I would rather individuals in the line of fire decide when death is appropiate, rather then a cold lifeless jury. Who make their judgements premeptively. They get a good look at someone, and decide if they deserve to live or die. Or the lawyers sway and wue them with pretty words. When I kill someone, it'll be because they actually deserved to die.

Communist Jim Profit:
That's a broad assumption to make. What's to stop someone in your libertarian society from going American History X? Just curb stomp a couple of negros for no other reason then they're negros within the facinity?

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Whilest I'm sure that would occur... I'd just rather individuals decide for themselves rather then government acting like it's the only one who could rationalize and execute a situation with any moral integrity. Besides... it's not to say there wouldn't be laws against [b]murder[/b], just within context, and the state isn't the one doing the murdering.

Communist Jim Profit:
Well I think the state is the only one who can murder efficiently. The state exists to provide equal oppurtunity for everyone. If people are to die, only the state should be allowed to do it so that atleast when it happens, it's on some level, if only a small one, "just"... This is why we have a jury, and a verdict can't even be reached untill that jury makes a decision, and we have lawyers to make their case, and we have a judge so it isn't just everyone ganging up on the dude. I don't even think courts are fair, it's just better then what you propose.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Oh? And what WOULD you propose? The American republic not mob rule enough for you???

Communist Jim Profit:
Suck my nuts libertarian Jim... I would propose that humans are ill equipped to hold authority, even over their fellow man who is just as incompetent. Therefore, it should be machines. Machines could dictate the punishment of a criminal on trial. And whilest that would still be abstract, because we, the humans, would be developing the criteria for what a machine calculates. It doesn't mean we can't randomize the punishment a little.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
....What are you saying?

Communist Jim Profit:
I'm saying, that the proccess of criminal persecution should be less predictable for the fairness of the accused. Lets say someone is on trial for murder, first the accusor, or anyone who represents the accusor, presses his chances to see if the computer favors him, or the defendent. If the accusor wins, the defendent is found guilty, and then the machine of randomized punishments spins it's wheel of fortune, and based on the severity of the crime, is given a punishment comparible to the crime.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Did you just propose we turn the American justice system into slot machines?

Communist Jim Profit:
Well I think it's alot better then just letting dumbass rednecks shoot eachother and take their word for it that it was self defense. I mean really, you'd have to prove whether or not it was self defense anyway, so either you have cops investigating you for a possible murder ANYWAY, or they just say "duurhuur! OKAY!!!" and troddy off while you just got away with murder!!!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Explain to me how exactly this is fair?

Communist Jim Profit:
Gladly... fairness suggests unbias. A randomized program that decides your verdict for you cannot just give you the worst punishment by default based off your skin color, it's personal values, etc. The punishment may or may not be befitting of the crime, IN YOUR MIND... but it's what came up on the computer, and it's a punishment, so you should feel sastisfied. The criminal has every much right to mercy and a lucky break as you do to closure and revenge.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
So you would rather risk a gigantic injustice like a fourteen year old smoking pot, being sentenced to an iron maiden... or a convicted serial rapist gets a waggle of the finger, rather then letting the POSSIBLE bias of actual human beings, IN THE MOMENT, WITH THEIR OWN EYES WITNESSING THE EVENT, decide for them? You truly think that little of the human race?

Communist Jim Profit:
Yes, yes I do. Human beings lie, human beings cheat, human being swindle, they explot, and they lynchmob you. A human being acts on emotion and influence. It is wrong to let someone die merely because they're unpopular. I'd rather risk losing my life at the blackjack table rather then my lawyer couldn't debate well enough. If it bothers you that much, all the more reason to keep the list of criminal activities a small one. Seems we found a little common ground, don't you think?

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.

Communist Jim Profit:
What is a man? Just a miserable pile of secrets...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 12:15:07 AM
Loved it Jim.

What do Jim and Jim have to say about gay marriage?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 1:59:06 AM
I'm sure anyone that sees me on facebook has been waiting for that. Gay marriage it is!

Communist Jim Profit:
The f4ggots... the only mistake ever by the soviet union was legalizing their filthy fetish as acceptable behaivor in civilized society. But even they quickly retracted their foolish decision.

Libertarian Jim Profit:

Communist Jim Profit:
Infact, maybe it wasn't a mistake. Vladimir Lenin was far too ingenius to make mistakes! He purposely set the precadence for the west to accept homosexuality by doing it first, knowing what childish and overcompetitive boobs the west was, and predicted that they, in all their arrogance and decedance, would only let homosexuality get worse and worse untill it collapsed society, as we are seeing now. Where as Russia and China are bro fisting as they takeover the world. Quincidence? Or all part of a super villainous plot that I only wish I had been alive to been a part of as a KGB agent?

Libertarian Jim Profit:
We really need to stop watching Glenn Beck... but let me reitorate. I believe homosexuality is wrong too. The difference is, I don't want the government telling me what is and is not a form of acceptable sexual behaivor. I don't think anyone wants pedophilia, beastiality, or even swingers within society.

Communist Jim Profit:
LGBT does. We used to work for them, remember? They basically had a sexual depraved heirachy.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Ok, yeah. But those guys prance around in peacock outfits and splooge on The Bible to make their point. The average person is not so blinded by ignorance and self gratification as to ignore how that is bad for them and their children.

Communist Jim Profit:
You underestimate the power of human stupidity comrade... I seek to harness it and use it to make the new nuclear bomb.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
ANYWAY... what I do believe we should have is a government that does not VALIDATE homosexuality. Rather then breaking the arm of conservative voters, why not just abolish marriage entirely? The swingers are still going to swing, the f4gs are still going to be f4gs, and the straight, monogamous, healthy people will still be straight, monogamous, and healthy. The only difference is those other guys don't have to be anymore validated then we do.

Communist Jim Profit:
How is that benneficary to us? It's suggesting that we're no better then them. Do you think so lowly of yourself as to think you're in the same company as the people on logo channel?

Libertarian Jim Profit:
No, but do I really want government telling me "uhoh, this girl was 17 and you're 18... 18 is the arbitary legal age of adulthood! Off to the pokey with you!"

Communist Jim Profit:
It's a small price to pay to put the sexual perverts away for good. I'm sure every heartbroken wife who's been cheated on, every distrought mother who's child has been raped, and every single guy who's been lied too and contacted an STD will agree with me.

Libertarian Jim Profit:
I'm sure they would. But you're compiling acts of evil with a group that cannot be strictly defined or caught. A person who cheats on his wife is a liar, and a scumbag. Rapist? An assaulter, and a sociopath who doesn't care of the physical and mental trauma he causes his victim. A bitch who doesn't tell you she's crawling with herpes? A deceitful skank who's effected your life greatly. All these people could be sued on grounds completely independent to saying "death to homosexuals!" The content of what we define as bad people should be done through legal action against bad individuals, not by just going around lumping people together hoping to magically create harmony within society cause we got rid of the boogyman.

Communist Jim Profit:
Maybe so. But it's all about projection. If you project an intolerance toward homosexuality through state legislation, it prevents homosexuality. People will asscosiate homosexuality not only as wrong on a moral scale, but be more afraid of lawful consequinces and therefore less likely to do it in the firstplace. You can't rely on people to overcome their fears, anxieties, and attachment to these scoundrels and expect them to just stop what they're doing and sue them!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
I can and I will. The problem with letting government define what a homosexual is, is it won't stop at just cheaters, pedophiles, or what you or I think is "sexually deviant". What if they define a homosexual as someone more then ten years apart? So a seventy year old and eighty year old hook up, and it's considered an act of homosexuality? Or what if say, you're only allowed to have five sexual partners within a lifetime, and all it's going to do is put anyone that was gang raped in legal hot water? The system does not accomodate circumstances, only broad guidelines.

Communist Jim Profit:
The ridiculousness of these scenarios would be laughable if you weren't so serious. What if sharks were to fly through the air and have a specific taste for human flesh? Thats the extent of your fantasy scenario where somehow the government is just this beurocratic bafoon that would sooner or later make laws that are not only impractical, but counteract what it originally intended to seekout in the firstplace.

*Libertarian Jim Profit crosses his arms and cocks his eyebrow*

Communist Jim Profit:
Ok... maybe every so often government pulls a Stalin... but you have a much harder time reasoning with your libertarian base then I do within communism advocates!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Well that sounds more like a personal problem. I can't help it most people who are politically minded are twenty some year olds who read Ayn Rand, and suddenly think they know EVERYTHING. I also cannot help that we don't treat libertarinism the same way republicans and democrats treat their constitutents with an open mind and a big tent. Less government doesn't mean no government, and I think I make fair cases without saying lets hang all gay people nor gays have a right to marriage or whatever...

Communist Jim Profit:
Most libertarians say marriage is a contractual agreement. How can you in good conscience advocate contracts between those who would engage in child sex, or threeways?

Libertarian Jim Profit:
I couldn't. You know what would be even less government then allowing legally binding contracts between consenting parties? The government not giving any legality to that contract AT ALL... The best thing to do would be to keep these relationships completely off the record and the only binding agreement is their word. That way, when the relationship fails, and it will, these idiots learn their lesson. Who wants to get married, risk divorce, and lose the house anyway???

Communist Jim Profit:
PEOPLE NEVER LEARN THEIR LESSON!!! People are stupid and always expect others to pity them. We cannot allow these sortsof creeps and morons to coinhabit, and influence our children. You know they're just going to unionize and threaten to give our sons and daughters an F if they don't let them stick their finger in their butthole in school!!!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Well... I did have an alternative scenario I liked alot more... buuut, you don't want to hear it.

Communist Jim Profit:
Yeah I do... Lay it on me!

Libertarian Jim Profit:
Well okay, I thought... if the "civil unions" bull was inevitable. Then it's suffice to say that maybe not all contracts should be equal. Just because gays CAN get married, doesn't mean they might be able to AFFORD to get married. For example, maybe a legal binding gay marriage contract cost five grand, where as a straight marriage contract costs five dollars. The gays will bitch and bitch. But it'll be another fifty years as we beat around, slowly reducing the price till we have to worry about them being our "equals"...

Communist Jim Profit:
Oooh! State capitalism! You sneaky bastard!

*Communist and Libertarian Jim Profit shake hands
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:12:17 AM
At 11/9/2010 1:59:06 AM, JimProfit wrote:
I'm sure anyone that sees me on facebook has been waiting for that. Gay marriage it is!

Communist Jim Profit:
The f4ggots... the only mistake ever by the soviet union was legalizing their filthy fetish as acceptable behaivor in civilized society. But even they quickly retracted their foolish decision.

I'm fairly certain gay marriage was not legal in Soviet Russia. In fact they were horribly persecuted against.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 4:23:07 AM
Whats next Fascist Jim .. .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:46:39 AM
At 11/9/2010 2:12:17 AM, innomen wrote:

Communist Jim Profit:

I'm fairly certain gay marriage was not legal in Soviet Russia. In fact they were horribly persecuted against.

I don't think he was talking about marriage.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:55:54 AM
lol, Freedo gets me. Thats why he's my buddy. :)

I use the term "gay marriage" interchangebly with "any tolerance toward homosexuality whatsoever".
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:58:59 AM
At 11/9/2010 11:46:39 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/9/2010 2:12:17 AM, innomen wrote:

Communist Jim Profit:

I don't think he was talking about marriage.

Well, they didn't legalize anything there. The oppression to homosexuals in Soviet Russia was fairly well known. They, the police, used to target the ballet societies in particular.