Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

College Student Expelled for Christian Views

NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Grizzly-Jones
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:41:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

I disagree with his view, but he should have a right to free speech.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:05:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Two things, One, he wasn't expelled from the university; he was expelled from that specific course of study (and rightfully so, since he's proven to be incapable of impartiality). Two, he wasn't expelled for his "Christian views"; he was expelled because of an extremely anti-gay remark (quoting Leviticus), especially since you don't have to hold that view to be Christian.
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:50:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
They should at least offer him a full refund.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Death23
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:53:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

What I find most disturbing about this is that the University is a public one. So, this was a state action. The student should take this matter to court. The state can redeem itself there, hopefully.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:53:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:50:22 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
They should at least offer him a full refund.

I don't know, the university may have a case that he could have tarnished their reputation.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 10:22:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:53:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:50:22 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
They should at least offer him a full refund.

I don't know, the university may have a case that he could have tarnished their reputation.

Facebook is technically public, but at the same time it isn't. I think he had the right to merely denounce homosexuality without suffering such repercussions. On the other hand, of course, quoting the Mosaic Law on homosexuality is probably a bit much.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 10:28:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
There is no right to free speech in the UK. You are allowed to say many things, but the government ultimately grants the right - and they can revoke it for anything they want.
mc9
Posts: 1,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:09:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Remember free speech doesn't mean you can say what you want without ramifications, for example your employer can fire you for criticizing him, that is, unless your employer is the government,but that is the UK
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:45:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

Figures though that a gullible kid like newlifechristian would fall for an article like this though. Its almost as if religious people are routinely convinced to believe all kinds of wild things that simply arent true, like talking snakes and angels being real for example....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:47:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 11:45:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

Figures though that a gullible kid like newlifechristian would fall for an article like this though. Its almost as if religious people are routinely convinced to believe all kinds of wild things that simply arent true, like talking snakes and angels being real for example....

Yeah and its on a pro life conservative Christian propaganda machine. So that doesn't help either
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Grizzly-Jones
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Grizzly-Jones
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:06:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO

But progressives are not near to being fasicsts. You can be a socialist or a communist.
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:06:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 1:06:13 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO

But progressives are not near to being fasicsts. You can be a socialist or a communist.

I support wiping out socialist and communist thoughts. I am a capitalist/corpartist
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Grizzly-Jones
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:08:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 1:06:56 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:06:13 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO

But progressives are not near to being fasicsts. You can be a socialist or a communist.

I support wiping out socialist and communist thoughts. I am a capitalist/corpartist

I see...
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:31:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.

Yeah I know but I wouldn't like to let people think I'm not a fascist
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:35:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 2:31:29 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.

Yeah I know but I wouldn't like to let people think I'm not a fascist

Can you name one time fascism has worked?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:39:12 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 2:35:26 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:31:29 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.

Yeah I know but I wouldn't like to let people think I'm not a fascist

Can you name one time fascism has worked?

Italy and Germany economic recoveries. But they lost the war so........ :D
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:52:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 2:39:12 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:35:26 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:31:29 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.

Yeah I know but I wouldn't like to let people think I'm not a fascist

Can you name one time fascism has worked?

Italy and Germany economic recoveries. But they lost the war so........ :D

Germany was National Socialist. Italy lost hard and actually wasn't that successful, although Germany lost hard too. You also failed to name one time where fascism worked.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 3:22:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 2:52:14 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:39:12 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:35:26 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:31:29 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 2:28:40 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:05:09 AM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:00:01 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

No offense, but how are you a progressive?

There is no fascist idealogy on DDO
There's an "other" option for a reason.

Yeah I know but I wouldn't like to let people think I'm not a fascist

Can you name one time fascism has worked?

Italy and Germany economic recoveries. But they lost the war so........ :D

Germany was National Socialist. Italy lost hard and actually wasn't that successful, although Germany lost hard too. You also failed to name one time where fascism worked.

No germany just called themselves socialist to hide their real intentions. Nazism is a sub set of fascism

Fascism in Italy and germany worked
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 4:59:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

Good. People are so stupid about Facebook. If I personally believed that black people were subhuman, ape-like monstrosities, I should refrain from posting that on social media. If I did post it, I would be fired, and rightly so. What a fvcking moron.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:15:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 11:45:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

Figures though that a gullible kid like newlifechristian would fall for an article like this though. Its almost as if religious people are routinely convinced to believe all kinds of wild things that simply arent true, like talking snakes and angels being real for example....

Whats interesting is they always play the victim. Christians have been criticizing, killing, torturing, arresting, detaining, and yes, expelling others for their views. But then once someone stops them from doing it they act like they are the victim of oppression, which is awkward. Its like a 300 lb. guy with sharpened teeth and chains beating the sh!t out of someone, and then when seen doing it and told not to falls on the ground and yells, "Bully!". And you see this writhing creature on the ground so pathetically trying to act like a victim, yet it is so appalling obvious that he isn't, you're like wtf. This happens with black lives matter movement; black people wanting rights is suddenly oppressing whites, then you come with all lives matter movement as a result, twisting it so that blacklivesmatter is oppressing whites and is a black supremicist group or something when all they wanted is equality. ITs pathetic
Death23
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 11:09:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded.........

Something important about this issue is that Sheffield has largely remained silent, citing the fact that the issue is pending in an internal appeal. I'm not aware of any indication that the adverse action against the student had anything to do with how much he was arguing, though that could have been the case. From what I've seen, the action against the student seems to have been in response to the student's Facebook posts which indicated support for the Kentucky clerk who refused to comply with the SCOTUS' same-sex marriage ruling, and the student posting the bible verse from Leviticus which calls for death for men who have sex with men. If that's the case, then I can't agree with the adverse action. State agencies should not be taking sides on these issues; The purpose of the school is education and research. This student's conduct did not appear interfere with that, and I don't see how the adverse action is in any way related to the school's purpose.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:29:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:41:54 PM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

I disagree with his view, but he should have a right to free speech.
Well, I'm glad you believe free speech is a right, rather than a privilege.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:37:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:05:59 PM, Torton wrote:
Two things, One, he wasn't expelled from the university; he was expelled from that specific course of study (and rightfully so, since he's proven to be incapable of impartiality). Two, he wasn't expelled for his "Christian views"; he was expelled because of an extremely anti-gay remark (quoting Leviticus), especially since you don't have to hold that view to be Christian.
Okay, first of all, I didn't catch the part where it said he was expelled from a specific course. (I apologize for this.) And secondly, you do have to believe the views of Leviticus (aside from the punishments it prescribes) to be a Christian. The school he went to deliberately attacked and shunned Christian views and values by expelling that student from one of their courses and has proven to be a disgrace to higher-education institutions around the world. Regardless, the student ultimately has the right to free speech, and even if it were true that a Christian can ignore certain parts to the Bible, he ultimately has the right to quote the Bible, because it is still the holy word of God.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:44:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 9:34:50 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

No offense but you tried to spin this in your favor

Actually, I didn't. I just misread the part about him being expelled from a specific course, only.

He wasn't expelled. He was taken out of a class because he was arguing too much and had too narrow of a view for that class. Not only that, it wasn't because of his Christian views. It was because he was being a total bigot against the LGBT community using bible verses to shame homosexuality

He's a "total bigot"? Really? Can you argue, at the very least, a little better than that? Also, those "bigoted" views you are talking about, are Christian values. And those Bible verses do not try to shame homosexuals, they simply talk about how homosexuality is a morally wrong act and how it must be avoided.

I'm not a fan of homos but if your going to take a class about being impartial and not being narrow minded you shouldn't be narrow minded......"
He's not being narrow minded, he's being truthful and honest. You cannot just lie to yourself and think that homosexuality is okay, when the Bible specifically says otherwise. Also, becoming a social worker doesn't require one to adhere to liberal and immoral "values". There are plenty of Christian social workers out there.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:50:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 4:59:47 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/5/2016 8:18:47 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com...

Thoughts?

Quite frankly, I am appalled. I thought free speech was a fundamental right . . . especially defending your faith's values.

Good. People are so stupid about Facebook. If I personally believed that black people were subhuman, ape-like monstrosities, I should refrain from posting that on social media. If I did post it, I would be fired, and rightly so. What a fvcking moron.
You're analogy is awful. He wasn't using offensive language, he was simply quoting the Bible.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss