Jump to topic:

Vote 4 Gary Johnson

Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:08:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The GOP is a mess. Trump has ruined the party, and it's followers are insane. I do really pity the sane Republicans who believe in limited government and freedom.

The Democrats have Clinton who is nothing but a flip-flopper, and should be in jail now for Benghazi, while Sanders has good intentions, his fiscal policy is the absolute worst out of all candidates, and he want to raise taxes to insane levels, and this includes the poor!

Gary Johnson wants to cut taxes for all, reduce the size of the military, and supports personal freedom for all.

If you are a Republican who is scratching his head, then vote Libertarian please!
If you are a Democrat who might be on the right of the spectrum, please consider Johnson also.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:26:46 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:08:04 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
The GOP is a mess. Trump has ruined the party, and it's followers are insane. I do really pity the sane Republicans who believe in limited government and freedom.

The Democrats have Clinton who is nothing but a flip-flopper, and should be in jail now for Benghazi,

7 reports have cleared Clinton from any wrongdoing in Bengazi, many of those reports were led by Republicans who desperately wanted to prove guilt but failed to do so. http://www.politifact.com...

while Sanders has good intentions, his fiscal policy is the absolute worst out of all candidates, and he want to raise taxes to insane levels, and this includes the poor!

Gary Johnson wants to cut taxes for all, reduce the size of the military, and supports personal freedom for all.

If you are a Republican who is scratching his head, then vote Libertarian please!
If you are a Democrat who might be on the right of the spectrum, please consider Johnson also.

Johnson is a tool who couldnt even get 1% of the popular vote in 2012 who only ran as a libertarian because GOP voters booted hi out in 2012 https://en.wikipedia.org...

Johnson also does want to raise taxes on the poor via a 'Fair tax' which is basically increasing the living hell out of the sales tax to replace all other taxes that more heavily tax the rich
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:32:44 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:26:46 AM, imabench wrote:

The Democrats have Clinton who is nothing but a flip-flopper, and should be in jail now for Benghazi,

7 reports have cleared Clinton from any wrongdoing in Bengazi, many of those reports were led by Republicans who desperately wanted to prove guilt but failed to do so. http://www.politifact.com...

while Sanders has good intentions, his fiscal policy is the absolute worst out of all candidates, and he want to raise taxes to insane levels, and this includes the poor!

Johnson is a tool who couldnt even get 1% of the popular vote in 2012 who only ran as a libertarian because GOP voters booted hi out in 2012 https://en.wikipedia.org...

That is because of the terrible 2 party system, which pretty much makes it's impossible for others to get elected. Johnson left, because he couldn't stand the socially conservative policies.

Johnson also does want to raise taxes on the poor via a 'Fair tax' which is basically increasing the living hell out of the sales tax to replace all other taxes that more heavily tax the rich.

I do agree that the Fairfax would put the poor at a disadvantage at first, but with reforms like EITC and negative income taxes, the poor wouldn't be disadvantaged in the long term, and would actually because richer.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:35:00 AM

The Democrats have Clinton who is nothing but a flip-flopper, and should be in jail now for Benghazi, while Sanders has good intentions, his fiscal policy is the absolute worst out of all candidates, and he want to raise taxes to insane levels, and this includes the poor!

Some other Libertarian candidates like John McAfee, Austin Peterson or Darryl Perry are also worth considering. Mostly these guys want people to keep their own stuff, let people live their lives, and end the war state. Which candidate is talking about ending Americas wars?

Americans that want to give corporate warfare Washingon the middle finger, do it by voting Libertarian.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:41:45 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:35:00 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Americans that want to give corporate warfare Washingon the middle finger, do it by voting Libertarian.

Its adorable that you think that would actually work.... Voting libertarian or any other third party is the equivalent of throwing away your vote completely, which only plays into 'Corporate welfare Washingtons' hand.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:49:31 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:41:45 AM, imabench wrote:

Its adorable that you think that would actually work.... Voting libertarian or any other third party is the equivalent of throwing away your vote completely, which only plays into 'Corporate welfare Washingtons' hand.....

Well if everybody who believes in limited government and personal freedom voted for the party which would actually enforce it, then they might have a chance. Anything is better than voting for Trump. If it really came to it, I'd vote Democrat, but that is only after seeing that the libertarians do not have any chance. I think this is the time for Republicans to vote Libertarian.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:55:07 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:49:31 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:

Well if everybody who believes in limited government and personal freedom voted for the party which would actually enforce it, then they might have a chance. Anything is better than voting for Trump. If it really came to it, I'd vote Democrat, but that is only after seeing that the libertarians do not have any chance. I think this is the time for Republicans to vote Libertarian.

A third party only ever becomes a major party when one of the two major parties falters. The Whig Party failed and opened up the door for the Republican Party in the 1800's, and the Anti-federalist party opened up the door for the Whig party before them.... If the GOP doesnt falter and the libertarian party take its place, the libertarian party will gain enough influence for it to then be annexed by one of the major parties, like what happened to the Progressive Party in the 1900's (though they were a faction that broke off the GOP in the first place)

Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:56:58 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:55:07 AM, imabench wrote:

A third party only ever becomes a major party when one of the two major parties falters. The Whig Party failed and opened up the door for the Republican Party in the 1800's, and the Anti-federalist party opened up the door for the Whig party before them.... If the GOP doesnt falter and the libertarian party take its place, the libertarian party will gain enough influence for it to then be annexed by one of the major parties, like what happened to the Progressive Party in the 1900's (though they were a faction that broke off the GOP in the first place)

That's what I'm saying, Because the GOP is on the verge of collapse, this is time for the Libertarian Party to step up.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:57:31 AM

The only reason it doesn't work is because of shitty opinions like this. It's this sense of complacency and political cynicism that we still have this absolutely dreadful two party system.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:08:52 AM

Americans that want to give corporate warfare Washington the middle finger, do it by voting Libertarian.

Voting democrat or republican is a vote for the corporate welfare and warfare machine of Washington DC. There is little deference between the parties, both are full murdering tyrants that with destroy the lives of those that disagree.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:14:44 AM
At 3/6/2016 2:57:31 AM, Torton wrote:

The only reason it doesn't work is because of shitty opinions like this.

No its because third parties are made up of washouts from the two main parties. Your boy Gary wasnt even a libertarian until 4 years ago when he jumped ship just because it suited his interests. Dont point the finger at us for making fun of you when you dont even have a genuine candidate of your own to put forward

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:15:35 AM
At 3/6/2016 5:08:52 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Americans that want to give corporate warfare Washington the middle finger, do it by voting Libertarian.

Voting democrat or republican is a vote for the corporate welfare and warfare machine of Washington DC. There is little deference between the parties, both are full murdering tyrants that with destroy the lives of those that disagree.

I remember when I thought the same thing to when I was 14

Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:56:37 AM
At 3/6/2016 5:15:35 AM, imabench wrote:

Wow, at 14 your ideas were correct. Most youngsters think the government is a helpful caring charitable institution, where republicans and democrats take turns providing for their every need or desire.

I guess today, you think democrats and republicans are different. They are like selecting horse or cow crap for dinner, regardless crap will still be on the menu.

Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 5:59:16 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:56:58 AM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:55:07 AM, imabench wrote:

That's what I'm saying, Because the GOP is on the verge of collapse, this is time for the Libertarian Party to step up.

The Republican Party will not just let libertarians take over. That party just needs to die a slow death.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 9:38:29 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:26:46 AM, imabench wrote:

Johnson also does want to raise taxes on the poor via a 'Fair tax' which is basically increasing the living hell out of the sales tax to replace all other taxes that more heavily tax the rich

The monthly stipend would effectively make the tax rate zero percent for the poor, and in all honesty. If thwy shop in thrift shops, farmers markets and on intwrnet sites thw government has a hard time collecting taxes from, they actually get a larger stipend, than they pay on taxes.

The other things to consider, are the fact that when we buy say a loaf of bread, the taxes paid by each corporation, before that bread reaches us is 30 cent on every dollar. With that tax eliminated and the 23% fairtax placed on the bread, the consumer would be saving 7 cents on every dollar.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 9:40:53 AM
I'm not voting Libertarian until they can make a main debate stage, and pull in votes from people who would otherwise vote liberal. It's a waste. Your vote already counts for next to nothing, making the situation worse by voting Libertarian, seems silly.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 12:11:30 PM
At 3/6/2016 9:40:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm not voting Libertarian until they can make a main debate stage, and pull in votes from people who would otherwise vote liberal. It's a waste. Your vote already counts for next to nothing, making the situation worse by voting Libertarian, seems silly.

Hoping for change by voting democrat or republican is really throwing a vote in the trash. That whole line of argument is to protect the two major parties. Since both parties are about the same, voting for either is useless.

NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:59:08 PM

Trump hasn't ruined the party. There are still well-intentioned individuals within the GOP who want Trump to drop out.

Couldn't agree any more, although both of them are awful on social issues.

We shouldn't reduce the size of the military, especially with the threat of terrorism.

Yeah, I still support Ted Cruz. He's a pro-liberty, pro-morality candidate who wants positive change within the United States.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Grizzly-Jones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 2:38:38 PM
At 3/6/2016 1:59:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Trump hasn't ruined the party. There are still well-intentioned individuals within the GOP who want Trump to drop out.

I disagree. Marco Rubio is foreign policy is too hawkish, and Ted Cruz is just an idiot.

We shouldn't reduce the size of the military, especially with the threat of terrorism.

We have a stronger military than the next 8 countries combined. The reason we have terrorism is because we keep poking our nose into other people's business.

Yeah, I still support Ted Cruz. He's a pro-liberty, pro-morality candidate who wants positive change within the United States.

Ted Cruz is not the change I hope for, especially on social issues. We need to be more progressive in that sense, not go back.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:54:49 PM
At 3/6/2016 2:38:38 PM, Grizzly-Jones wrote:
At 3/6/2016 1:59:08 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

I disagree. Marco Rubio is foreign policy is too hawkish, and Ted Cruz is just an idiot.

Ted Cruz isn't an idiot. Why do you believe he is?

We have a stronger military than the next 8 countries combined. The reason we have terrorism is because we keep poking our nose into other people's business.

Still, our military isn't strong enough. Anyway, why should we stop "poking our nose into other people's business"? People are dying and being oppressed in certain countries, and it is our moral obligation to help them.

Ted Cruz is not the change I hope for, especially on social issues. We need to be more progressive in that sense, not go back.
Ted Cruz's social policy is awesome. We need to improve our country's moral values.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Danimal4NU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:19:45 PM
If everyone that thought along libertarian lines actually voted that way the party would be a force. There are plenty on the right that want to see true fiscal conservatism without all the social agenda and playing cop to the planet. The left has largely turned their back on classical liberalism while libertarians embrace those tenets of personal, political, and economic freedom. Would love if Gary Johnson could be up there for the debates showing people that they do actually have another choice.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:15:04 PM
At 3/6/2016 5:56:37 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Wow, at 14 your ideas were correct.

The point I was making was that those ideas are so stupid that only a 14 year old idiot would think they were good ones......

Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:53:02 PM
At 3/7/2016 5:15:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:56:37 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Wow, at 14 your ideas were correct.

The point I was making was that those ideas are so stupid that only a 14 year old idiot would think they were good ones......

It is much naive and childish to think there is a difference between either major political party. When a person votes either democrat or republican that is a wasted vote.