Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Stupid Abortion Laws

TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:04:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

There's no intellectually honest way to defend those laws.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:23:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:04:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

There's no intellectually honest way to defend those laws.

Agree completely. They know why they push these laws. Truth is - it causes more trouble than they ever help. Reduced access, less clinics, exacerbate problems like later term abortions.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:46:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.

And yet somehow they can't manage to have hallways long enough for a stretcher to get through, or doctors that have admitting privileges at other hospitals.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:48:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:46:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.

And yet somehow they can't manage to have hallways long enough for a stretcher to get through, or doctors that have admitting privileges at other hospitals.

The laws are targeted to abortion clinics. Do you agree? So, are they safety, or are they to punish abortion providers?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:58:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:48:38 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:46:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.

And yet somehow they can't manage to have hallways long enough for a stretcher to get through, or doctors that have admitting privileges at other hospitals.

The laws are targeted to abortion clinics. Do you agree? So, are they safety, or are they to punish abortion providers?

Insofar as abortion clinics lack many of the same basic safety standards as other health facilities? Sure.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:01:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:58:35 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:48:38 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:46:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.

And yet somehow they can't manage to have hallways long enough for a stretcher to get through, or doctors that have admitting privileges at other hospitals.

The laws are targeted to abortion clinics. Do you agree? So, are they safety, or are they to punish abortion providers?

Insofar as abortion clinics lack many of the same basic safety standards as other health facilities? Sure.

But that is the point I made. NO THEY DO NOT!!!! Abortion clinics - through many of these laws - are being asked to exceed standards for other outpatient surgical facilities. Are you just ignoring this?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:09:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:58:35 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:48:38 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:46:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:21:40 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

That is simply not true. Abortion clinics have the highest regulations of all outpatient surgery facilities.

I doubt you have any idea what a clinic looks like, or how it operates.

And yet somehow they can't manage to have hallways long enough for a stretcher to get through, or doctors that have admitting privileges at other hospitals.

The laws are targeted to abortion clinics. Do you agree? So, are they safety, or are they to punish abortion providers?

Insofar as abortion clinics lack many of the same basic safety standards as other health facilities? Sure.

Let me put it this way. Abortion is MUCH safer than cosmetic surgery, and on par with many complex dental procedures. Each of these types of clinics face NONE of the blatant regulatory attacks abortion clinics do. So. I ask again. Is this about safety, or an attempt to punish a provider of a legal procedure?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:11:46 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 4:52:32 PM, YYW wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

There are also sloths.

Just started watching the video. Didn't know the video mentioned cosmetic surgery vs. abortion
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 1:00:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 12:53:04 AM, Dilara wrote:
I'm glad these laws exist. They save lives.

No they don't. You know why you like the laws, be honest about it. You like the laws because they are making it more difficult to get abortions.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 1:03:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 12:53:44 AM, YYW wrote:
United States of America:

Home of the DIY abortion because of Republicans.

The f**kers are pandering a$$holes. They don't give a rats a$$ about women issues or women health. I hope the women show to the polls this year in force and drown the pr1cks.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 1:04:41 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 1:03:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:44 AM, YYW wrote:
United States of America:

Home of the DIY abortion because of Republicans.

The f**kers are pandering a$$holes. They don't give a rats a$$ about women issues or women health. I hope the women show to the polls this year in force and drown the pr1cks.

I agree. Hayd shared this link with me... though I'd share it with all of you guys.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 1:23:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 1:04:41 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2016 1:03:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:44 AM, YYW wrote:
United States of America:

Home of the DIY abortion because of Republicans.

The f**kers are pandering a$$holes. They don't give a rats a$$ about women issues or women health. I hope the women show to the polls this year in force and drown the pr1cks.

I agree. Hayd shared this link with me... though I'd share it with all of you guys.

These regulations are all about a concern for womens health.................

There comes a point where some one insults your intelligence so much I think it should be legal to torture them to death.
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:45:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
14:30 - 14:47

"Quick question, 19%. What the %$#! is wrong with you?"
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:45:55 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I literally watched it the moment it came on YouTube lol
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:47:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 1:00:50 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:04 AM, Dilara wrote:
I'm glad these laws exist. They save lives.

No they don't. You know why you like the laws, be honest about it. You like the laws because they are making it more difficult to get abortions.

I'm pretty sure that's what "they save lives" meant.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:11:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 10:47:03 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/7/2016 1:00:50 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:04 AM, Dilara wrote:
I'm glad these laws exist. They save lives.

No they don't. You know why you like the laws, be honest about it. You like the laws because they are making it more difficult to get abortions.

I'm pretty sure that's what "they save lives" meant.

Yea, but there is no link between these laws and any decrease in abortion. They INCREASE later term abortions that these guys say they hate.
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:13:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 3:11:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Yea, but there is no link between these laws and any decrease in abortion. They INCREASE later term abortions that these guys say they hate.

You said: "Admit it, the only reason you support these laws is they make it difficult to get abortions."

I replied that the user in question had already admitted it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:18:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 3:13:12 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/7/2016 3:11:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Yea, but there is no link between these laws and any decrease in abortion. They INCREASE later term abortions that these guys say they hate.

You said: "Admit it, the only reason you support these laws is they make it difficult to get abortions."

I replied that the user in question had already admitted it.

Not bickering about it, but she said it saves lives. I disagree with that. No fewer abortions happen, it just makes life more miserable for women seeking abortions.
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:24:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 3:18:31 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 3:13:12 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 3/7/2016 3:11:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Yea, but there is no link between these laws and any decrease in abortion. They INCREASE later term abortions that these guys say they hate.

You said: "Admit it, the only reason you support these laws is they make it difficult to get abortions."

I replied that the user in question had already admitted it.

Not bickering about it, but she said it saves lives. I disagree with that. No fewer abortions happen, it just makes life more miserable for women seeking abortions.

I am aware of that--that isn't relevant to my reply.

What I am saying is, and this is simple, she already admits it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 3:34:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:05:29 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:03:47 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/6/2016 5:11:05 PM, TN05 wrote:
Abortion: The one thing liberals don't think needs any regulation.

What regulation has been pushed that is NOT intended to simply decrease access?

The fact most abortion clinics don't have anywhere close to the same safety standards as all other medical clinics is not reason to let them ignore the law. If they are too cheap to care about their customers, too bad.

Harder and me disagree on alot of stuff but what you just said was pretty stupid.

First off thry are trying to make women pay more for abortions by making them go to special facilities thry arent trying to make the clinics pay.

Secondly in Texas you are more likely to die from child birth and a colonoscopy than an abortion. Do you want to restrict those things? No you dont.

Conservatives literally are puppets of propaganda machines
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:58:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 1:00:50 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:04 AM, Dilara wrote:
I'm glad these laws exist. They save lives.

No they don't. You know why you like the laws, be honest about it. You like the laws because they are making it more difficult to get abortions.

Exactly and as a result less babies are dying. NARAL a pro abortion group estimates that thousands of women are stopped from getting abortions each year due to abortion laws (waiting periods, hospital admitting privileges, mandatory counseling ect)
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:28:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/7/2016 11:58:10 PM, Dilara wrote:
At 3/7/2016 1:00:50 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/7/2016 12:53:04 AM, Dilara wrote:
I'm glad these laws exist. They save lives.

No they don't. You know why you like the laws, be honest about it. You like the laws because they are making it more difficult to get abortions.

Exactly and as a result less babies are dying. NARAL a pro abortion group estimates that thousands of women are stopped from getting abortions each year due to abortion laws (waiting periods, hospital admitting privileges, mandatory counseling ect)

Find me where NARAL said thousands of women did not get the abortion they desired. I think you misunderstand their statement.