Jump to topic:

Recent election win

HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 1:20:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It annoys the hell out of me that the left always seem to pander to either the most selfish or the least educated among us (illegal aliens, welfare recipients, pot heads, MTV viewers, union employees, and many others on the dole) to win elections. I'm so proud the Tea Party movement chose to spend their time educating republicans, independents, and the occasional democrat about the eventual ramifications of bad monetary policy, inflation and insurmountable debt.

This is perhaps the only election I can point to which was won as a result of mass enlightenment, versus dumbing down the public and catering to their selfish whims. It was extremely heartening to see a winning campaign based on a message of self-sacrifice and fiscal discipline, versus one of short-sighted immediate relief and disregard for future generations. Since Americans typically go to the polls seeking what is best for themselves and not the country, I'm both shocked and pleased to say "not this time around."
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:04:40 PM
At 11/9/2010 1:27:59 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/9/2010 1:20:51 PM, HandsOff wrote:
a message of self-sacrifice

A code of self-sacrifice is one of the dumbest things I could conceive of. There's no reason to sacrifice yourself for the sake of other people.

I appreciate your honesty. Most liberals would never admit principles take a back seat to their selfish whims. But like I said, that mentality did not win this time around. There's still hope for you though. Maybe we'll act with complete disregard for the future of our country in 2012.
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:07:10 PM
At 11/9/2010 1:25:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lol, I've never read anything more backward.

That was easy. Did it cross your mind to support your opinion with any sort of argument at all?