Jump to topic:

Horse meat is treated like a drug

JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:06:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was watching news today, and the way they made horse meat out was like some underground sting operation. "Horse bones and skulls scattered everywhere, the massive slaughter of these creatures". Whilest watching this, I was eating a turkey sandwhich, and wondering... who really cares?

I'm sure some people may be a bit more squeemish toward a horse being killed then say, a turkey. There's no really valid evidence somehow a horse feels anymore then a turkey does. But if we based it off that, cows would be right along with horses, and we're not going to stop eating cows. Hell, we raise cows to be confined and just dead weight. It's brutal. I don't even condone how we treat animals, I just figure it's there anyway, and it tastes good, so why not? But I would like to see a future without meat production, I can live without it. It'd be like if I smoked but the tobbaco industry was involved in child trafficking. It ain't going to stop overnight, so why giveup smoking?

People should just be honest about this sortof thing. Meat prevents us from combating world hunger. We could produce ten pounds of corn/wheat for every pound of beef and pultry. Reason enough to do it... We could also use the corn/wheat for fuel. So there's lots of reasons to oppose meat production without caring about the animals. And why do we care if a few horses get slaughtered by some mexicans who want their horse meat? It isn't nearly the level of detriment toward poor animals being killed and tortured everyday in legal farms. This is why illegal is better then legal if you're morally opposed to something. But the elite don't want you to know that. Like lets say you oppose abortion. You want abortion to be illegal, period. Wahwah, the dems will say. Women will die from coathangers. Good, they're bad people, bad people should die! Especially from their own bad actions... sounds like a personal problem to me. And the fact is the fact it'd be a crime would be a deterrant from doing it. So they'd have to "know people" and "take risks" they may not want to take. Is it worth it??? So if you want less animals to die and die horribly, you illegalize meat eating or atleast meat farming. It's pretty simple.

I could only see this outrage against horses if we actually still used horses as a vehicle. But we don't. So I say kill them and make glue out of their feet if you happen to spot one, but the mass production of horses would sacrifice a much more valuable resource. This is why we need a state. A hyper state, because people cannot be trusted. It is true that politicians are people, but they are people that have to abide by guidelines and can think more rationally given their position and a third person view.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 2:44:27 PM
At 11/9/2010 2:06:33 PM, JimProfit wrote:
Whilest watching this, I was eating a turkey sandwhich, and wondering... who really cares?

Ha ha, props to you.
kfc
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 5:59:47 AM

People should just be honest about this sortof thing. Meat prevents us from combating world hunger. We could produce ten pounds of corn/wheat for every pound of beef and pultry. Reason enough to do it... We could also use the corn/wheat for fuel. So there's lots of reasons to oppose meat production without caring about the animals.

But the elite don't want you to know that. Like lets say you oppose abortion. You want abortion to be illegal, period. Wahwah, the dems will say. Women will die from coathangers. Good, they're bad people, bad people should die! Especially from their own bad actions... sounds like a personal problem to me. And the fact is the fact it'd be a crime would be a deterrant from doing it. So they'd have to "know people" and "take risks" they may not want to take. Is it worth it??? So if you want less animals to die and die horribly, you illegalize meat eating or atleast meat farming. It's pretty simple.

So I say kill them and make glue out of their feet if you happen to spot one, but the mass production of horses would sacrifice a much more valuable resource. This is why we need a state. A hyper state, because people cannot be trusted. It is true that politicians are people, but they are people that have to abide by guidelines and can think more rationally given their position and a third person view.

Are you 8? You're next after Caramel.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 7:17:30 AM
At 11/10/2010 5:59:47 AM, Sieben wrote:

People should just be honest about this sortof thing. Meat prevents us from combating world hunger. We could produce ten pounds of corn/wheat for every pound of beef and pultry. Reason enough to do it... We could also use the corn/wheat for fuel. So there's lots of reasons to oppose meat production without caring about the animals.

But the elite don't want you to know that. Like lets say you oppose abortion. You want abortion to be illegal, period. Wahwah, the dems will say. Women will die from coathangers. Good, they're bad people, bad people should die! Especially from their own bad actions... sounds like a personal problem to me. And the fact is the fact it'd be a crime would be a deterrant from doing it. So they'd have to "know people" and "take risks" they may not want to take. Is it worth it??? So if you want less animals to die and die horribly, you illegalize meat eating or atleast meat farming. It's pretty simple.

So I say kill them and make glue out of their feet if you happen to spot one, but the mass production of horses would sacrifice a much more valuable resource. This is why we need a state. A hyper state, because people cannot be trusted. It is true that politicians are people, but they are people that have to abide by guidelines and can think more rationally given their position and a third person view.

Are you 8? You're next after Caramel.

He's a troll that Freedo brought over to infect the site.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 9:14:46 AM
The claimed ecological benefits of vegetables over meat are much overrated. The cost of something summarizes it's energy content. Tomatoes cost three times chicken, and chicken has many times the nutrition per pound. It has to do with the costs of land, automated production, packaging, and transportation.

The taboo on horsemeat is pretty much an American thing. Maybe it derives from cowboy movies. The French, Italians, and Japanese all eat horsemeat. Darwin wrote of fierce general in Patagonia (c. 1840) who traveled at high speed with a herd of spare horses. They would ride the horses and also eat them, as the situation required. Beats garden salads for efficiency.

It's better to come to terms with being an omnivore than to wimp out.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 1:50:21 PM
At 11/9/2010 2:44:27 PM, Koopin wrote:
Whilest watching this, I was eating a turkey sandwhich, and wondering... who really cares?

Ha ha, props to you.

I read up to this line and then stopped. Apparently, Koopin and I agree. Who cares?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
20000miles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 2:41:17 PM
So...if it's ok to kill a cow and a turkey and a horse, what's stopping us from eating babies and the mentally ill? I know that people may be a bit squeamish about eating a human but it's better to embrace meat-eating than to wimp out. And babies taste sooo good.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 2:44:32 PM
Same with dogs and cats. The closer to home something is the more we feel it.

However, I go the opposite way. Instead of caring less for horses, when confronted with this fact, I care more for turkeys.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 2:51:17 PM
At 11/12/2010 2:41:17 PM, 20000miles wrote:
So...if it's ok to kill a cow and a turkey and a horse, what's stopping us from eating babies and the mentally ill? I know that people may be a bit squeamish about eating a human but it's better to embrace meat-eating than to wimp out. And babies taste sooo good.

legal issue with murder kinda stop me from doing it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 3:01:42 PM
So...if it's ok to kill a cow and a turkey and a horse, what's stopping us from eating babies and the mentally ill?

Actually, what stops it is human nature. Some species eat their young, others do not. Praying mantis eat their mates. It is programming by evolution. Cannibalism carries at lot of diseases, so it is actually bad for health.

Sci fi author Robert Heinlein made a living from playing off of human inhibitions. He described a tradition developing in which a soup would be made from the deceased and served at the funeral to honor the departed.

Dogs and cats are eaten in Canton as medicine. We all have learned that the more disgusting something is, the more likely it will cure you.
JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 5:47:51 PM

i'm not morally opposed to cannablism. I just don't think humans are sanitary. But I'd definitelly encourage killing homos and serving them up as cheeseburgers.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 7:27:50 AM
At 11/12/2010 2:44:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Same with dogs and cats. The closer to home something is the more we feel it.

However, I go the opposite way. Instead of caring less for horses, when confronted with this fact, I care more for turkeys.

This.

I see some of the most compassionate things come from people who discard morality on this site.

Fascinating!
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 3:40:37 PM
At 11/12/2010 5:47:51 PM, JimProfit wrote:

i'm not morally opposed to cannablism. I just don't think humans are sanitary. But I'd definitelly encourage killing homos and serving them up as cheeseburgers.

You really need to go on ahead and get yourself a man, dude.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 5:03:14 PM
It's better to come to terms with being an omnivore than to wimp out.

I completely agree with RoyLatham. I take a similar stance with hunting. Just because hunting is legal doesn't mean you have to hunt, but if it's illegal, then it means I CAN'T hunt.

This fits with Roy because he's saying you're an omnivore, so deal with it. I'm saying we hunt, so deal with it.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 5:07:56 PM
: At 11/12/2010 2:41:17 PM, 20000miles wrote:

What's to stop us from eating babies and the mentally ill? Well, to start, following that logic, we should also be eating co-workers, siblings, parents, and classmates. Really, any person that you can kill. Now, that is a pretty twisted way of thinking, so that's one reason we don't eat people. The next reason we don't eat people is the fact that in order to eat a human you have to kill, or murder, a human, and murder is illegal. So that is why we don't eat humans.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena