Jump to topic:

What should Europe do about the refugeecrisis

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:05:04 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Europe is currently struggling to deal with huge numbers of refugees from the middle east. European countries are arguing about how to solve the crisis with countries worst effected claiming the refugees should be shared out equally while the less effected countries try to avoid this. Public opinion in European states is against large scale migration and politicians are wary of offending voters by accepting more migrants. Many countries have now erected fences to prevent migrants gaining entry.

Meanwhile Turkey is demanding money from the eu to look after refugees passing through it and stop them continuing their journey to Europe. It is also demanding that it gets admission to the eu in return and passport free travel for its citizens in the schenghen area. The desperation of eu states to slow down the flow of migrants means the eu is likely to agree to the crisis. The eu also hopes to pursuade Turkey to accept back some migrants currently in Greece.

What do you think Europe should do about this crisis?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:07:23 PM
Meant to say - to end the crisis, instead of to the crisis
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:37:34 PM
Shut off the Turkish-European border in a way so that it is either impossible or very difficult for the refugees to cross over into Europe.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:46:02 PM
At 3/7/2016 7:37:34 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Shut off the Turkish-European border in a way so that it is either impossible or very difficult for the refugees to cross over into Europe.

Turkey's coastline is thousands of kilometres as is Europe's. It's not like it's one place they are getting in. Everyone is getting here by boat not Turkey's land border with Europe.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 8:10:02 PM
At 3/7/2016 7:05:04 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Europe is currently struggling to deal with huge numbers of refugees from the middle east. European countries are arguing about how to solve the crisis with countries worst effected claiming the refugees should be shared out equally while the less effected countries try to avoid this. Public opinion in European states is against large scale migration and politicians are wary of offending voters by accepting more migrants. Many countries have now erected fences to prevent migrants gaining entry.

Meanwhile Turkey is demanding money from the eu to look after refugees passing through it and stop them continuing their journey to Europe. It is also demanding that it gets admission to the eu in return and passport free travel for its citizens in the schenghen area. The desperation of eu states to slow down the flow of migrants means the eu is likely to agree to the crisis. The eu also hopes to pursuade Turkey to accept back some migrants currently in Greece.

They should quit blindly saying all religions are alike and face the fact that this is not a mass immigration. It's an invasion. Of course this is what the Quran tells them to do. Take over the world by force, lying, getting empathy, whatever it takes. And Europe blindly scratches their head to figure it out when the answer lies right there inside Muhammed's book.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 8:55:19 PM
At 3/7/2016 8:10:02 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

They should quit blindly saying all religions are alike and face the fact that this is not a mass immigration. It's an invasion. Of course this is what the Quran tells them to do. Take over the world by force, lying, getting empathy, whatever it takes. And Europe blindly scratches their head to figure it out when the answer lies right there inside Muhammed's book.

How is it an invasion? Most people are coming to Europe for a mixture of economic and security reasons. No one is trying to take control of any territory although some of the migrants commit crimes including one terrorist attack in Paris.

Most countries are now opposing further migration. i also agree it should be stopped. how would you go about stopping it?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 8:59:00 PM
At 3/7/2016 8:55:19 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

How is it an invasion? Most people are coming to Europe for a mixture of economic and security reasons. No one is trying to take control of any territory although some of the migrants commit crimes including one terrorist attack in Paris.

Most countries are now opposing further migration. i also agree it should be stopped. how would you go about stopping it?

That's not what the Quran says.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 9:00:47 PM

Go back in time and heed my and others' warnings beforehand. Saudi Arabia took no one in.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 9:03:08 PM
At 3/7/2016 8:59:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's not what the Quran says.

It might say that but the migrants are confined to refugee camps not waging war.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 9:04:17 PM

Stopping it now would be like figuring out a rubics cube. It shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. Now it's too late. They'll outbreed Europe and have the majority or a strong minority. That's how it works. That's the plan. That is the command of Muhammed's book.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 9:10:12 PM
What the West does not understand about Islamism is that Jihad is very systematic. It has stages. If Muslims have the upper hand, then Jihad is waged by force. If Muslims do not have the upper hand, then Jihad is waged through financial and political means. Since Muslims do not have the upper hand in America or Europe, they talk about peace in front of you while supporting Hamas and Hezbollah in the back room. The whole idea of Islam being a peaceful religion emanates from that silent stage of Jihad.
-Walid Shoebat, ex Muslim

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:17:45 PM
At 3/7/2016 9:04:17 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Stopping it now would be like figuring out a rubics cube. It shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. Now it's too late. They'll outbreed Europe and have the majority or a strong minority. That's how it works. That's the plan. That is the command of Muhammed's book.

So you would give up? In my view the deal with Turkey is probably the way forward for the eu. Keep the migrants in Turkey and pay them to look after them. It's not ideal but I think for Europe that is the best solution.

The level of Muslims in Europe is very low. Why are you so concerned about them becoming more numerous then native Europeans? It might be the plan of the quaran but Muslim migrants are generally looking to exploit Europe economically as opposed to conquering it. Very few are thinking the things you accuse them of.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:48:54 PM
At 3/7/2016 10:17:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

So you would give up? In my view the deal with Turkey is probably the way forward for the eu. Keep the migrants in Turkey and pay them to look after them. It's not ideal but I think for Europe that is the best solution.

The level of Muslims in Europe is very low. Why are you so concerned about them becoming more numerous then native Europeans? It might be the plan of the quaran but Muslim migrants are generally looking to exploit Europe economically as opposed to conquering it. Very few are thinking the things you accuse them of.

I wouldn't give up ever, but nevertheless, these leaders were warned by numerous exMuslims about what Islam is and the danger it posed and Liberals and government leaders snubbed them off. If they had listened, there would be no immigration crisis.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:56:20 PM

The deal with Turkey is intended to be used to Islamize Europe. Have you read the Quran?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:59:52 PM

That's because few have studied Islam like I have and understand it conceptually as I do. Ex Muslims have sounded the alarm. I am not alone. Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Walid Shoebat are much tougher on their former religion than anyone. If you read their quotes or any other ex Muslims, it is a warning of a planned takeover.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:00:14 AM
At 3/7/2016 11:48:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I wouldn't give up ever, but nevertheless, these leaders were warned by numerous exMuslims about what Islam is and the danger it posed and Liberals and government leaders snubbed them off. If they had listened, there would be no immigration crisis.

How would that have avoided the immigration crisis? By patrolling the sea more? Which i think should be happening anyway.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:02:39 AM
At 3/7/2016 11:59:52 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's because few have studied Islam like I have and understand it conceptually as I do. Ex Muslims have sounded the alarm. I am not alone. Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Walid Shoebat are much tougher on their former religion than anyone. If you read their quotes or any other ex Muslims, it is a warning of a planned takeover.

I don't like islam at all and I'm not defending it. I agree its teachings are barbaric and illogical not to mention lacking credibility. However the threat Islam poses to the west is overstated.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:03:47 AM
At 3/8/2016 12:00:14 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

How would that have avoided the immigration crisis? By patrolling the sea more? Which i think should be happening anyway.

Saudi Arabia, a Muslim country right by Syria, has no immigration crisis. Why? They allowed no one in and protected their border militarily.

Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:10:29 AM

Shut down the Turkish Border. If that doesn't help create a very strict deportation policy and have those who are trying to cross into Europe shot and killed
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 1:49:29 AM
At 3/8/2016 12:03:47 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Saudi Arabia, a Muslim country right by Syria, has no immigration crisis. Why? They allowed no one in and protected their border militarily.

True. They guard their border well and I suppose no one wants to go there because the dictatorship and intollerant, sexist and prejudicial nature of the country makes it unappealing. It is not much better than Islamic state or Assad anyway. Also most of Syria's population live in the north and west parts of the country.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 1:49:29 AM
At 3/8/2016 12:03:47 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

True. They guard their border well and I suppose no one wants to go there because the dictatorship and intollerant, sexist and prejudicial nature of the country makes it unappealing. It is not much better than Islamic state or Assad anyway. Also most of Syria's population live in the north and west parts of the country.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 1:52:51 AM
At 3/8/2016 12:10:29 AM, Reformist wrote:

Shut down the Turkish Border. If that doesn't help create a very strict deportation policy and have those who are trying to cross into Europe shot and killed

The land border is shut and secure. Trouble is migrants come in by boat along Europe's long south coast. I would give the death penalty to people traffickers and terrorists but would just arrest and deport normal migrants trying to sneak in.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 2:00:03 AM
At 3/8/2016 1:52:51 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

The land border is shut and secure. Trouble is migrants come in by boat along Europe's long south coast. I would give the death penalty to people traffickers and terrorists but would just arrest and deport normal migrants trying to sneak in.

That'd be a start. They have to do something or cede defeat and be overrun by immigrants. That's why they have a military. Now they need to use their military to patrol the borders if neccessary.

I think Europeans sometimes do not realise this is an unconventional army. It consists of militia minded people mixed in with militant children and women. Are there ANY that are innocent? Probably, but those would be those who on their inside aren't actually Muslims. Of course apostasy is punished with death in Islam so there are no openly nonMuslims mixed in.

Reformist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 5:41:29 AM

Either have mines or armed patrol boats......hmmmm which would kill more of them? Probably mines...lets go eith that
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 2:44:24 PM
Firstly, they should address the human trafficking issue that is leading to these people entering Europe (they come from North Africa as well as the Middle East.)

On a deeper level, there should be a cohesive effort to ease the conflict in Syria and discourage *all* sides to cease fighting; so far the West has almost exclusively placed emphasis on Assad's forces, rather than confronting how much the Syrian rebels are actually contributing to the war--instead, they are supported by the U.S and its allies. Until there is a full and sustainable ceasefire, the Syrian refugee crisis will continue to be a problem.

In terms of other countries, it's important to define who exactly is a refugee and *who* is a technically classified as an economic migrant. Presently there appears to be a combination of both.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:45:45 PM
At 3/8/2016 2:00:03 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

That'd be a start. They have to do something or cede defeat and be overrun by immigrants. That's why they have a military. Now they need to use their military to patrol the borders if neccessary.

I think Europeans sometimes do not realise this is an unconventional army. It consists of militia minded people mixed in with militant children and women. Are there ANY that are innocent? Probably, but those would be those who on their inside aren't actually Muslims. Of course apostasy is punished with death in Islam so there are no openly nonMuslims mixed in.

Some non Muslims such as people of the yazidi faith are coming to Europe. Also many innocent Muslims although I agree a large proportion are young men with connections to violence. Agree use of the military to patrol borders is a good idea.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 5:15:58 PM
At 3/8/2016 3:45:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Some non Muslims such as people of the yazidi faith are coming to Europe. Also many innocent Muslims although I agree a large proportion are young men with connections to violence. Agree use of the military to patrol borders is a good idea.

I don't condemn innocent individuals. Some people identify as Muslim because they have to to avoid apostasy punishments. Some identify with the "good parts" of Islam such as charity, respecting parents, religious positive philosophy etc, but they don't adhere to the political ideological concepts in Muhammed's later writings.

But...the Quran teaches invasion, conquest, murder to unbelievers, strict sexism, etc. I as an free thinker can look at the Quran and its constructs and realize that if only 1/3 of Muslims devoutly follow these parts of the Quran, freedom/democracy has an enemy set on our destruction that is nearly 750 million strong, and that is a conservative estimate. I love all individuals, but condemn Muhammed's later teachings as being infallable, seeing they are anti-me, anti-you, and anti-freedom.

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 10:50:44 PM
At 3/8/2016 5:15:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I don't condemn innocent individuals. Some people identify as Muslim because they have to to avoid apostasy punishments. Some identify with the "good parts" of Islam such as charity, respecting parents, religious positive philosophy etc, but they don't adhere to the political ideological concepts in Muhammed's later writings.

But...the Quran teaches invasion, conquest, murder to unbelievers, strict sexism, etc. I as an free thinker can look at the Quran and its constructs and realize that if only 1/3 of Muslims devoutly follow these parts of the Quran, freedom/democracy has an enemy set on our destruction that is nearly 750 million strong, and that is a conservative estimate. I love all individuals, but condemn Muhammed's later teachings as being infallable, seeing they are anti-me, anti-you, and anti-freedom.

I agree Islamic scripture is violent, oppressive, discriminatory and generally barbaric. However few Muslims actually follow the violent parts. They interpret those parts to suit more moderate views.

Christian scripture is also sexist, racist, violent, oppressive of non believers, supportive of invasion and conquest (which actually happened during the European colonial era) and supportive of slavery. However only a minority of Christians hold these views.

The point I'm making is religious people often ignore the more violent immoral teachings of their religion and focus on the positive kinder elements of it.

Many theists believing a religion have not even read its scripture and are not aware of the nasty bits.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 1:27:27 AM
At 3/8/2016 10:50:44 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/8/2016 5:15:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I agree Islamic scripture is violent, oppressive, discriminatory and generally barbaric. However few Muslims actually follow the violent parts. They interpret those parts to suit more moderate views.

Christian scripture is also sexist, racist, violent, oppressive of non believers, supportive of invasion and conquest (which actually happened during the European colonial era) and supportive of slavery. However only a minority of Christians hold these views.

The point I'm making is religious people often ignore the more violent immoral teachings of their religion and focus on the positive kinder elements of it.

Many theists believing a religion have not even read its scripture and are not aware of the nasty bits.

Not all religions are the same. Buhdism is nontheistic. It has nothing to do with god. Hinduism has a library of millions of gods, therefor they typically are very tolerant of other beliefs.

Islam and Christianity have a core piece in common that stems from Judaism. But they could be no further apart.

In Christianity eye for an eye was renounced by Christ. It still stands in Islam based on Sharia. This is why Muslims cut off hands for accused theft.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 1:28:39 AM
The Old Testament said stone adulterers in Levitivus 20:10. Jesus stood against the concept in John 8:7. In Leviticus 11 we see lists of "unclean foods". In Mark 7:19, Jesus stands against the concept. (See Romans 14:14,15). There are seversl OT commands renounced by Christ. Christians don't hold hands with the full rubix cube of Moses' Leviticus commands. They hold Jesus as their final authority. Islam has no New Testament.

Islam has Muhammed who is infallable, the final say. His teaching and Jesus' teaching are completely bat opposite.