Jump to topic:

Clinton/Sanders ticket?

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 2:53:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
For those of you who did not know, the Democrats had a town hall tonight. And right after Bernie's top adviser joked before the debate that she might try to make him the VP candidate, she said this:

"I hope to win the nomination. If I am so fortunate, I hope to work with Sanders, because the issues he's raised, the passion he has demonstrated, the people he has attracted are going to be very important in the general election - but equally following the election, to try to get things done. So I do consider him an ally."

Any thoughts on that?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:11:52 AM
At 3/8/2016 2:53:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
For those of you who did not know, the Democrats had a town hall tonight. And right after Bernie's top adviser joked before the debate that she might try to make him the VP candidate, she said this:

"I hope to win the nomination. If I am so fortunate, I hope to work with Sanders, because the issues he's raised, the passion he has demonstrated, the people he has attracted are going to be very important in the general election - but equally following the election, to try to get things done. So I do consider him an ally."

Any thoughts on that?

Translation: I hope that Sanders supporters vote for me, because it would suck if they were pissed off enough to stay home/vote Trump.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:14:49 AM
At 3/8/2016 3:11:52 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Translation: I hope that Sanders supporters vote for me, because it would suck if they were pissed off enough to stay home/vote Trump.

Which may require direct involvement of Sanders in campaigning to prevent.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:15:54 AM
At 3/8/2016 3:11:52 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Basically, if Bernie says "Thanks, but no thanks." we can start rolling out the centipede carpet.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:26:55 AM

Any thoughts on that?

I wouldnt hold it against her if she gave him the VP offer, but I think that giving it to Warren would be a better option and give Sanders a seat in the cabinet as Secretary of Labor
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:53:30 AM
At 3/8/2016 3:26:55 AM, imabench wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

I wouldnt hold it against her if she gave him the VP offer, but I think that giving it to Warren would be a better option and give Sanders a seat in the cabinet as Secretary of Labor

There is just no real chance of Sanders as the VP, and no chance of Warren. If you (anyone) thinks Clinton would do this they are more diluted than they think the Sanders supporters are.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 3:55:15 AM

Any thoughts on that?

I will bet a BIG stack of embarrassing DDO confessions that this never comes to pass. I will lay open every embarrassing story for the world to see if she picked either.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 4:13:53 AM
At 3/8/2016 3:53:30 AM, TBR wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

There is just no real chance of Sanders as the VP, and no chance of Warren. If you (anyone) thinks Clinton would do this they are more diluted than they think the Sanders supporters are.

I said it would be a better option, not that she would actually do it....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 4:18:20 AM
At 3/8/2016 4:13:53 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/8/2016 3:53:30 AM, TBR wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

I said it would be a better option, not that she would actually do it....

When it looked like a Warren run was a possibility I was ready to do everything I hate. Sit with people I don't know or like on crappy folding chairs and talk on the phone to people I don't know or like and drink sh1t coffee from Styrofoam cups - I love her that much. She would be great. Too bad.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 6:28:16 AM

Any thoughts on that?

Hillary has a lot of crazy ideas, and propositions, so if Sanders were to be her VP, I think he'd refrain her for going forth with her idiotic policies.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 8:11:31 AM

Any thoughts on that?

I'll pray everyday she dies and he runs the country XD
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 11:47:12 AM
At 3/8/2016 6:28:16 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Hillary has a lot of crazy ideas, and propositions, so if Sanders were to be her VP, I think he'd refrain her for going forth with her idiotic policies.

Exactly why she'd never put him or Warren as a VP. Clinton wants a yes-man.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:14:27 PM
At 3/8/2016 8:11:31 AM, stealspell wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Luckily Sanders will be the one to die first considering how old he is

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 9:48:43 PM
At 3/8/2016 12:14:27 PM, imabench wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

They both probably won't die in the next 8 years, regardless.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 10:55:18 PM
At 3/8/2016 11:47:12 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/8/2016 6:28:16 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

Exactly why she'd never put him or Warren as a VP. Clinton wants a yes-man.

I think she wants someone who can help her get as much of the vote as possible more.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 10:56:44 PM
She could, of course, go with a shirty VP like Julian Castro to get the already-voting-Democrat Hispanic population.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 10:57:10 PM
But to me, preventing the Bernie or Bust should be a bit more important to her.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 11:01:34 PM
At 3/8/2016 10:56:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
She could, of course, go with a shirty VP like Julian Castro to get the already-voting-Democrat Hispanic population.

I am telling you. 100%. I will take any bet. She will pick Castro.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 11:03:51 PM
At 3/8/2016 11:01:34 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/8/2016 10:56:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I am telling you. 100%. I will take any bet. She will pick Castro.

I'm not sure if she will of the nominee is Trump. I don't think she has much to fear from him there. She should fear all of the populist Sanders supporters going to vote Trump or staying home.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 11:24:23 PM
At 3/8/2016 9:48:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

They both probably won't die in the next 8 years, regardless.

Seeing as how Hillary is 6 years younger than Bernie and how women typically outlive men by several years, I'll still bet she outlives Bernie even if it happens in the next 8 years or not

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 1:43:03 AM
Bill and Hillary Clinton work as a team. She will choose Bill and talk about how much more knowledge and experience he has the other VP candidate
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:24:12 AM

Any thoughts on that?

How about a Trump/Sanders ticket? Can't Bern the Trump if the Bern is at his side.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:57:03 AM

Any thoughts on that?

Too bad she's unelectable
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 3:03:30 AM
At 3/9/2016 2:57:03 AM, stealspell wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

If youre going to insist on being a retard again than at least keep it to a minimum ;)

stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 8:00:22 AM
At 3/9/2016 3:03:30 AM, imabench wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

If youre going to insist on being a retard again than at least keep it to a minimum ;)

You mad she can't win?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 2:15:09 PM
At 3/9/2016 8:00:22 AM, stealspell wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

You mad she can't win?

5 hours and THATS all you can think of saying in response? Christ you're a retard....

stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 4:16:24 PM
At 3/9/2016 2:15:09 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/9/2016 8:00:22 AM, stealspell wrote:

Any thoughts on that?

You mad she can't win?

5 hours and THATS all you can think of saying in response? Christ you're a retard....

Why are you so mad? Bernie loves you :)