Jump to topic:

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 6:22:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
If Clinton is the Democratic nominee and Trump is the Republican nominee, who would win the general? Why?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 4:27:44 PM
That heavily depends on how much either party fractures due to the primaries.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 4:36:26 PM
Hillary Clinton would win if the election were held today, but I think anybody nominated on a major party ticket has at least a 10% chance of victory. Trumps poll numbers are also imo artificially pulled down by #NeverTrump Republicans voting for Clinton but I'm sure that the vast majority of them will come around and vote for Trump. Moreover it's unfortunately very likely that the coming spring and summer in Europe are going to give us a lot of talking points in favor of the 2nd amendment and border security, which will bolster Trump.

Trump is a master marketer--like he constantly points out, he hasn't even started on Clinton. Except for Cruz who somehow managed to survive, everybody who has gone up against Trump has crumbled. If you want to see something hilarious go check Rubio's betting odds two weeks ago and compare them to today.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 5:02:26 PM
At 3/9/2016 4:36:26 PM, thett3 wrote:

Trump is a master marketer--like he constantly points out, he hasn't even started on Clinton.

Yep, and this is why I'm highly skeptical of models that attempt to predict the victor of the general election based on current polling results.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 8:27:28 PM
At 3/9/2016 6:22:14 AM, tejretics wrote:
If Clinton is the Democratic nominee and Trump is the Republican nominee, who would win the general? Why?

That really depends. People's views are changing a lot. Now it would probably be Clinton. But it might be Trump in the near future. It's hard to tell at this stage.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
KingoSchenk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 9:53:46 PM
Trump was able to beat his contenders and we all thought it would be unlikely at the beginning. He obviously has a strategic plan to win and it's not just going to all the sudden fail him in the general election. If Trump can beat Ted Cruz, he will beat Hillary. Independents are just as angry as the Republicans and they will vote for Trump.