Total Posts:148|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ben Carson to endorse Trump

thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 12:09:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
This centipede is a predator

http://www.nytimes.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 12:26:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
"There's the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there's the Donald Trump behind the scenes," Mr. Carson said. "They're not the same person."

"One's very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual," he said.

Mr. Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, said that Mr. Trump would be "a lot better than Hillary" and that he would not be as bad as many conservatives fear. He said that Mr. Trump was "more reasonable" than people realized

^ The smartest thing Ben Carson has ever said
ironslippers
Posts: 513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 1:01:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 12:09:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
This centipede is a predator

http://www.nytimes.com...

Could someone explain to me the centipede reference I've seen it before is that the same as the sheep reference
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 1:05:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 1:01:56 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 3/11/2016 12:09:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
This centipede is a predator

http://www.nytimes.com...

Could someone explain to me the centipede reference I've seen it before is that the same as the sheep reference

"The centipede" is Trumps official nickname. It comes from this series of videos that have become popular on this site
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'm lol'ing at all of the overly righteous Carson supporters who are refusing to back Trump. It's like you're not allowed to endorse Trump. Did anyone see how many papers called on Christie to resign - for, what? Expressing an opinion? Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 5:14:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm lol'ing at all of the overly righteous Carson supporters who are refusing to back Trump.

They wanted Carson to endorse Cruz instead
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 5:20:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 5:14:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'm lol'ing at all of the overly righteous Carson supporters who are refusing to back Trump.

They wanted Carson to endorse Cruz instead

That's some wishful thinking after what happened.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 10:18:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 12:09:02 AM, thett3 wrote:
This centipede is a predator

http://www.nytimes.com...
thett, we're going to be great friends. I'm thinking about endorsing Donald Trump and I'm a huge fan of "You Can't Stump the Trump". It's a hilarious YouTube series. Mixing humor with truth.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 1:59:10 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.

Do you really believe for one second that Donald Trump's base support is due to the rape statistics pointed out by the Amnesty International report? Do you think his supporters are even aware that such statistics are even tracked?

Please don't be silly.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:04:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 1:59:10 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.

Do you really believe for one second that Donald Trump's base support is due to the rape statistics pointed out by the Amnesty International report? Do you think his supporters are even aware that such statistics are even tracked?

Please don't be silly.

I've heard this study brought up by multiple Trump supporters. And I guarantee that I've spoken to many more of them than you've deigned to, since you seem to believe the patently false caricature of them painted by his opposition (that they're all drooling troglodytes).
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:11:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 2:04:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 1:59:10 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.

Do you really believe for one second that Donald Trump's base support is due to the rape statistics pointed out by the Amnesty International report? Do you think his supporters are even aware that such statistics are even tracked?

Please don't be silly.

I've heard this study brought up by multiple Trump supporters. And I guarantee that I've spoken to many more of them than you've deigned to, since you seem to believe the patently false caricature of them painted by his opposition (that they're all drooling troglodytes).

So to be clear, you're asserting that his base supporters agree with him on this particular issue because of the statistics tracked by Amnesty International as opposed to them just parroting what they hear as a means of having an answer when people point out that they are just racist bigots?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:30:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 2:11:42 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 2:04:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 1:59:10 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.

Do you really believe for one second that Donald Trump's base support is due to the rape statistics pointed out by the Amnesty International report? Do you think his supporters are even aware that such statistics are even tracked?

Please don't be silly.

I've heard this study brought up by multiple Trump supporters. And I guarantee that I've spoken to many more of them than you've deigned to, since you seem to believe the patently false caricature of them painted by his opposition (that they're all drooling troglodytes).

So to be clear, you're asserting that his base supporters agree with him on this particular issue because of the statistics tracked by Amnesty International as opposed to them just parroting what they hear as a means of having an answer when people point out that they are just racist bigots?

Not all of them (for obvious reasons), lol. I do, however, take those who do make that claim at face value because I abide by the principle of charity. I'm not going to indulge outlandish theories regarding other people's purported views in order to fit a specious media narrative.

If your theory about a particular group isn't really falsifiable, and has a tendency to incorporate evidence against it, then you might want to look for a new theory.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 2:30:01 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 2:11:42 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 2:04:09 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/12/2016 1:59:10 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:04:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I blame the media for the fact that nobody who parrots the 'rapists' line ever cites the reports which Trump has brought up, from reputable human rights groups like Amnesty International, which show that more than 60% of women who cross the border are raped at some point.

'According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That"s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

These rapes take place, sometimes from migrants, but often from violent gangs which operate south of the border; the same cartels which exploit our porous border for drug smuggling purpose. Trumps clumsily worded statement is clearly rooted in a real problem: the area just south of the border is absolutely rife with abuses, and drug trafficking is bringing these problems over the border and into this country. While 'good people' do cross the border, a lot of bad people do as well. It's a good argument for reinforcing border security, but it's been twisted every which way by every liberal clickbait mill on the internet in order to push the patently false assumption that Trump implied that all Mexican migrants are rapists.

Do you really believe for one second that Donald Trump's base support is due to the rape statistics pointed out by the Amnesty International report? Do you think his supporters are even aware that such statistics are even tracked?

Please don't be silly.

I've heard this study brought up by multiple Trump supporters. And I guarantee that I've spoken to many more of them than you've deigned to, since you seem to believe the patently false caricature of them painted by his opposition (that they're all drooling troglodytes).

So to be clear, you're asserting that his base supporters agree with him on this particular issue because of the statistics tracked by Amnesty International as opposed to them just parroting what they hear as a means of having an answer when people point out that they are just racist bigots?

Not all of them (for obvious reasons), lol. I do, however, take those who do make that claim at face value because I abide by the principle of charity. I'm not going to indulge outlandish theories regarding other people's purported views in order to fit a specious media narrative.

If your theory about a particular group isn't really falsifiable, and has a tendency to incorporate evidence against it, then you might want to look for a new theory.

Nice try.

I'm not the one who is acting like a man running for president stands up and states that the people Mexico is sending over "are rapers", and the response from his potential supporters is to run to google and start checking rape statistics at the border to determine whether his statements are correct, and only afterward do they decide that they support his views.

I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:

I'm not the one who is acting like a man running for president stands up and states that the people Mexico is sending over "are rapers", and the response from his potential supporters is to run to google and start checking rape statistics at the border to determine whether his statements are correct, and only afterward do they decide that they support his views.

I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:21:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some..."
http://www.foxnews.com...

"Trump, interview on Fox News" "Media Buzz," July 5, 2015

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Who is it that hears only what they want?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:10:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 3:21:31 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some..."
http://www.foxnews.com...

"Trump, interview on Fox News" "Media Buzz," July 5, 2015

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Who is it that hears only what they want?

You. He obviously said "Their rapists," and your PC ears automatically imagine the more pernicious homonym. Like a robot.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:14:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

Alarm over Trump's candidacy extends far beyond the American left. The Speaker of the House, American military generals, the former president of mexico, the british parliament and prime minister, the pope, and many others have all condemned Donald Trump. I want to see you even attempt to suggest that all of these dignitaries are 'idiots' beguiled by American media.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:25:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 4:14:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

Alarm over Trump's candidacy extends far beyond the American left. The Speaker of the House, American military generals, the former president of mexico, the british parliament and prime minister, the pope, and many others have all condemned Donald Trump. I want to see you even attempt to suggest that all of these dignitaries are 'idiots' beguiled by American media.

One former (read: not present) American military general, Michael Hayden, has expressed concerns about Trump's proposal to intentionally target the families of terrorists. That is the beginning and end of the military's concern with regard to Trump's candidacy.

Try again, Ike. As usual, you're exaggerating and full of sh!t.
Tsar of DDO
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:00:24 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country

A *temporary* ban, until we fix the very real problem of our faulty immigrant-screening procedures. It's really not that insane of a policy, and it's for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, it would be more "fair" to extend the ban to all immigrants instead, but nonetheless.... it's not as horrible as you're making it out to be.

and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

I'll just refer you to what Skep said. That comment is a prime example of what I'm talking about.


And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

Absolutely. He has been characterized in such a way that everything he says gets misinterpreted in the most negative possible light.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:13:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:00:24 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country

A *temporary* ban, until we fix the very real problem of our faulty immigrant-screening procedures. It's really not that insane of a policy, and it's for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, it would be more "fair" to extend the ban to all immigrants instead, but nonetheless.... it's not as horrible as you're making it out to be.

Or, you know, just ban immigrants from high-risk countries. Trump, who you and I both know genuinely despises Islam, and who we both also know attracts supporters who would rejoice to see the genocide of Muslims, can certainly frame his ideas in a more constructive manner.

and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

I'll just refer you to what Skep said. That comment is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

If only they were criminals because of their social environments and not because they were Mexicans...


And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

Absolutely. He has been characterized in such a way that everything he says gets misinterpreted in the most negative possible light.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:28:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 4:10:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:21:31 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some..."
http://www.foxnews.com...

"Trump, interview on Fox News" "Media Buzz," July 5, 2015

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Who is it that hears only what they want?

You. He obviously said "Their rapists," and your PC ears automatically imagine the more pernicious homonym. Like a robot.

lol

It was apparently so obvious that Fox news missed it as well.

And BTW, "Their rapists" makes absolutely no sense in context or in content.

In context, the very next sentence was "and some, I'm sure are nice people". Some what? To find out who he's talking about you need to go to the sentence before, which according to you is "their rapists". So their rapists are nice people? lol

In content, your interpretation is that his message says Mexicans are bringing with them drugs, crime, and the people who raped them. WTF is that supposed to mean? "Ok let's see if I have everything I need... Drugs? Check. My tools that I need to commit crimes? Check. The guy who raped me? Check. Ok, ready to go...".

Your argument is a perfect example of how silly you have to be to argue for Donald Trump.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:38:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:00:24 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country

A *temporary* ban, until we fix the very real problem of our faulty immigrant-screening procedures.

Right. And what problem exactly is that? Please point me to where Trump has laid out his detailed plan and estimated time frame of completion so that we can ensure those Muslim's waiting can get right back in. Preferably in a speech in front of the "thousands and thousands" of people he talks to all the time, not on some webpage that he probably didn't even write and where no one looks.

It's really not that insane of a policy, and it's for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, it would be more "fair" to extend the ban to all immigrants instead, but nonetheless.... it's not as horrible as you're making it out to be.

Not that insane? It's blatantly unconstitutional, counterproductive to the threats against us he is trying mitigate, and beyond impractical. He has no means as President of enforcing this without congress which will never happen, and most laughable of all... Even if he get's pass all of this... how the hell does he actually implement it? Federal Agent: "Are you a Muslim?". Muslim terrorist: "No". Now what?

And you blame the media for the fear that this man might end up in the White House? Really?

Absolutely. He has been characterized in such a way that everything he says gets misinterpreted in the most negative possible light.

It's called politics. And Trump has quite literally given the media more to work with than any candidate in presidential history.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:41:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:28:51 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:10:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:21:31 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some..."
http://www.foxnews.com...

"Trump, interview on Fox News" "Media Buzz," July 5, 2015

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Who is it that hears only what they want?

You. He obviously said "Their rapists," and your PC ears automatically imagine the more pernicious homonym. Like a robot.

lol

It was apparently so obvious that Fox news missed it as well.

And BTW, "Their rapists" makes absolutely no sense in context or in content.

In context, the very next sentence was "and some, I'm sure are nice people". Some what? To find out who he's talking about you need to go to the sentence before, which according to you is "their rapists". So their rapists are nice people? lol

In content, your interpretation is that his message says Mexicans are bringing with them drugs, crime, and the people who raped them. WTF is that supposed to mean? "Ok let's see if I have everything I need... Drugs? Check. My tools that I need to commit crimes? Check. The guy who raped me? Check. Ok, ready to go...".

Really? Your PC ears hear the word "Rapists" and you know exactly who they raped? Fascinating PC ears you got there.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:55:46 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:41:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:28:51 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:10:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:21:31 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:08:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 3:01:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen people make such a sincere attempt to argue for something so stupid.

He said their rapists, not "they are rapists."

You only hear what you want to hear because you have PC ears.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some..."
http://www.foxnews.com...

"Trump, interview on Fox News" "Media Buzz," July 5, 2015

"What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Who is it that hears only what they want?

You. He obviously said "Their rapists," and your PC ears automatically imagine the more pernicious homonym. Like a robot.

lol

It was apparently so obvious that Fox news missed it as well.

And BTW, "Their rapists" makes absolutely no sense in context or in content.

In context, the very next sentence was "and some, I'm sure are nice people". Some what? To find out who he's talking about you need to go to the sentence before, which according to you is "their rapists". So their rapists are nice people? lol

In content, your interpretation is that his message says Mexicans are bringing with them drugs, crime, and the people who raped them. WTF is that supposed to mean? "Ok let's see if I have everything I need... Drugs? Check. My tools that I need to commit crimes? Check. The guy who raped me? Check. Ok, ready to go...".

Really? Your PC ears hear the word "Rapists" and you know exactly who they raped? Fascinating PC ears you got there.

Are you being serious, or just pretending to be a Trump supporter to make them look foolish?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 7:06:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:55:46 PM, Double_R wrote:

Are you being serious, or just pretending to be a Trump supporter to make them look foolish?

Right, it's not foolish at all to pretend to be serious and suggest that Mexicans want to hang on to those dear rapists they got after all.
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 7:08:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 6:13:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:00:24 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:48:31 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 3/11/2016 5:47:11 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:22:28 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Lol...anti-Trumps are the worst.

Yep. None of them have any idea what they're talking about. The media has done a remarkably good job of spreading anti-Trump propaganda. They have successfully turned this irrational fear of Trump into the norm... which is absolutely ridiculous, considering that the main alternative to him is fuckin' psychopath. Idiots.

The man has called for the banning of an entire religion from entering the country

A *temporary* ban, until we fix the very real problem of our faulty immigrant-screening procedures. It's really not that insane of a policy, and it's for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, it would be more "fair" to extend the ban to all immigrants instead, but nonetheless.... it's not as horrible as you're making it out to be.

Or, you know, just ban immigrants from high-risk countries.

That's probably what the ban would look like in practice anyways, because realistically, there's no way to decide who qualifies as "Muslim"

Trump, who you and I both know genuinely despises Islam, and who we both also know attracts supporters who would rejoice to see the genocide of Muslims, can certainly frame his ideas in a more constructive manner.

"He didn't frame his ideas in the most constructive possible manner" isn't what the anti-Trump people are saying, though. If it was, I would be 100% on their side. But nope -- they insist on putting forth absurdly exaggerated attacks on his character.


and described an entire race of people in America as either drug dealers, criminals, raper's, or nice people... of which only the last option was questionable.

I'll just refer you to what Skep said. That comment is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

If only they were criminals because of their social environments and not because they were Mexicans...

He never implied that the latter was true...
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 7:13:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 7:06:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2016 6:55:46 PM, Double_R wrote:

Are you being serious, or just pretending to be a Trump supporter to make them look foolish?

Right, it's not foolish at all to pretend to be serious and suggest that Mexicans want to hang on to those dear rapists they got after all.

You're entirely too incoherent to speak with.