Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do Trump supporters support Trump?

BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Now before you assume this is a Trump hate thread, what I have to ask hasn't nothing to do with bashing Trump supporters. But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president, so I want to hear what Trump supporters think. Why do you like Trump? What separates him from other Republican candidates? Why would his policies work?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 6:38:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Trump has a sort of appeal that makes people trust him. I remember someone posted it before but there are a couple of videos on youtube where a body language expert breaks down why Trump is so popular and the manipulation techniques he uses.

There were times where I wondered if he should be given a chance to fix the unemployment rate, student debt, and so on. He's so confident he'll be able to make America a better place to live.

But then I look back at his record: he has a LOT of failed businesses that he shut down like Trump Ice, Trump Steaks, Trump Shuttle, Trump magazine and what not other stuff. The country can't fail though and he can't just bail out if it doesn't work as intended. There's also the controversial Trump University which was a fraud.

Trump promises a lot, he looks and sounds confident. He asks people to trust him, presents an image of a "strong" leader and gets support. If I hadn't looked at his businesses with a critical eye, I may well have wanted to give him a chance.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,860
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 7:11:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Now before you assume this is a Trump hate thread, what I have to ask hasn't nothing to do with bashing Trump supporters. But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president, so I want to hear what Trump supporters think. Why do you like Trump? What separates him from other Republican candidates? Why would his policies work?

https://www.youtube.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 7:57:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Now before you assume this is a Trump hate thread, what I have to ask hasn't nothing to do with bashing Trump supporters. But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president, so I want to hear what Trump supporters think. Why do you like Trump? What separates him from other Republican candidates? Why would his policies work?

Because he's the only one who can admit the truth. There is an Islamic invasion of Europe. Europe is now being raped, used, and bordered off into no go zones under sharia law. That is by definition an invasion and conquering of land/territory. Hillary and Bernie would just let them come in in order to not be bigots and rape American women(commanded in Quran on infidel women. Google it.), and turn our country into an Islamic state. Don't think so? Go read the Quran. Google the Quran. Ingest the sepool of hate and murder call Muhammed's noble book. Only then can you understand why Europe is in chaos.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Curiouszs
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 8:06:34 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president

Because his supporters do not understand that everything he has proposed will hurt the people and benefit the rich.

His proposal to reduce taxes will increase the national debt. More tax money will go into servicing the debt and less will be left for other important things, like education or infrastructure. The rich will get richer. Services for the people will get worse.

The rising national debt will eventually force him to make cuts in Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.

His proposal to cut spending in education will increase the cost of higher education and further reduce the quality of elementary and high school education. The people become less educated and college students graduate with higher debt.

His proposal to cut environmental spending will increase pollution, which will increase the rates of cancer and chronic diseases, which will increase the cost of health insurance. Corporations benefit because of less regulation. The people get hurt because of more disease and higher health care costs.

His intention to impose tariffs on imported goods will cause inflation because the United States does not have the factories or trained workers to meet the demand for those goods. Also, nobody has checked whether Trump can actually do something about those trade agreements. Inflation always hurts the people because it reduces purchasing power.

Finally, the wall... The wall would be built in the flooding plains of Rio Grande. I wonder how Texan ranchers would feel about not having access to the river.
1Percenter
Posts: 782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 8:22:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 6:38:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Trump has a sort of appeal that makes people trust him. I remember someone posted it before but there are a couple of videos on youtube where a body language expert breaks down why Trump is so popular and the manipulation techniques he uses.

There were times where I wondered if he should be given a chance to fix the unemployment rate, student debt, and so on. He's so confident he'll be able to make America a better place to live.

But then I look back at his record: he has a LOT of failed businesses that he shut down like Trump Ice, Trump Steaks, Trump Shuttle, Trump magazine and what not other stuff. The country can't fail though and he can't just bail out if it doesn't work as intended. There's also the controversial Trump University which was a fraud.

Trump promises a lot, he looks and sounds confident. He asks people to trust him, presents an image of a "strong" leader and gets support. If I hadn't looked at his businesses with a critical eye, I may well have wanted to give him a chance.

Its always amusing the lengths people go to avoid bringing up anything to do with immigration when attempting to explain Trump's popularity. I mean, how can you not have a strong following with hand motions like that! A strong commitment to body language will get people out to vote, for sure! /s
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 8:37:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 8:22:49 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Its always amusing the lengths people go to avoid bringing up anything to do with immigration when attempting to explain Trump's popularity. I mean, how can you not have a strong following with hand motions like that! A strong commitment to body language will get people out to vote, for sure! /s

Actually, Trump's immigration policy was a hot topic of discussion on many threads on this site and in the media. I didn't bring up the immigration issue here because it was beaten to death already. The body language argument is something that hasn't been discussed very much but its something everyone (conservatives, liberals, pro-Trump, anti-Trump) can agree on. Trump does have strong speech patterns, body language cues, and charisma. That plays a role in why he's so popular.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 9:48:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 8:06:34 PM, Curiouszs wrote:
At 3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president

Because his supporters do not understand that everything he has proposed will hurt the people and benefit the rich.

His proposal to reduce taxes will increase the national debt. More tax money will go into servicing the debt and less will be left for other important things, like education or infrastructure. The rich will get richer. Services for the people will get worse.

The rising national debt will eventually force him to make cuts in Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.

His proposal to cut spending in education will increase the cost of higher education and further reduce the quality of elementary and high school education. The people become less educated and college students graduate with higher debt.

His proposal to cut environmental spending will increase pollution, which will increase the rates of cancer and chronic diseases, which will increase the cost of health insurance. Corporations benefit because of less regulation. The people get hurt because of more disease and higher health care costs.

His intention to impose tariffs on imported goods will cause inflation because the United States does not have the factories or trained workers to meet the demand for those goods. Also, nobody has checked whether Trump can actually do something about those trade agreements. Inflation always hurts the people because it reduces purchasing power.

Finally, the wall... The wall would be built in the flooding plains of Rio Grande. I wonder how Texan ranchers would feel about not having access to the river.

Obama made health insurance a mandate and punished the poor who still couldn't get it and against the will of congress and the people. He lifted 150 billion dollars in sanctions on Iran who says they want to nuke us and Israel. Good idea. And in the middle of mass killings he refused to even name the problem, then insisted we bring the problem to our country by the millions. He pulled out of Iraq and afghanistan and watched with complacency as both areas were over run by terrorists. He tells us ISIS isn't Islam which is irritating because I know he knows everything they do is commanded by the Quran. As immigrants pull rape jihad on European women, execute mass shootings, burn children alive, threaten to infiltrate refugees, and Islamofacists bomb the Boston Marathon, shoot a policeman in Philadelphia, rape children, mass shoot San Bernerdino and Paris, and immigrants reject food and aid because it's not halal booing volunteers and throwing things at them. And then we can't acknowledge that Allah commanded them to do this for fear of being called bigots and racists. If it's not Islam, what is it? Things were hunky dorey, thenplanes hit the world trade centers, Islamwas introduced tothe West and things magically went to hell on Earth. I want 8 more years of that. Elect Hillary so we can single handedly destroy what's left of the free world. Trump got support when Washington stabbed us in the back, turned its back on America, and gave us the preverbial "up yours America!" From Obama. In his own book he describes his distadte for us and our country. Go read it sometime. And Hillary promises us 8 more years. 8 more years of thst! No thanks. I'd rather take the suicide pill and let the liberals figure it out when I'm gone and they're over run with a group intolerant of their beliefs or lack of beliefs. Sharia anyone? It's coming. Het ready. There are already no go zones in Europe under Sharia. That is an invasion. We are next.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
1Percenter
Posts: 782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 10:21:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 8:37:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/11/2016 8:22:49 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Its always amusing the lengths people go to avoid bringing up anything to do with immigration when attempting to explain Trump's popularity. I mean, how can you not have a strong following with hand motions like that! A strong commitment to body language will get people out to vote, for sure! /s

Actually, Trump's immigration policy was a hot topic of discussion on many threads on this site and in the media. I didn't bring up the immigration issue here because it was beaten to death already. The body language argument is something that hasn't been discussed very much but its something everyone (conservatives, liberals, pro-Trump, anti-Trump) can agree on. Trump does have strong speech patterns, body language cues, and charisma. That plays a role in why he's so popular.

His masterful use of rhetoric is certainly engaging a large amount of supporters, but is that what is driving people to get out to the primaries and caucuses to actually vote for him? I'm sure that factor has played a role in driving people to vote against him, as there are still many conservatives/anti-Trumps that still insist he is an inept buffoon, clown and ignoramus. But his supporters genuinely believe he can MAGA, and not just because he's charismatic but because he talks about doing something about issues that are important to large groups of people that have been ignored and just downright silenced for decades.

I would say his counter-establishment positions are what got the Trump-Train started and voters to climb aboard, while his enthusiasm, use of body language, and speech abilities are sustaining and even increasing his momentum today.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:12:03 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.

It's one of the reasons I hate protesters. If you want to make your point, have your own fvcking rally. But the #blm people are more interested in being provocateurs than actually doing anything meaningful.
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:14:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:12:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.

It's one of the reasons I hate protesters. If you want to make your point, have your own fvcking rally. But the #blm people are more interested in being provocateurs than actually doing anything meaningful.

Indeed. They antagonize, until someone can't take it anymore, and lashes out. Then they want to say how "oppressed, and treated unfairly" they are..

I posted a video in my blm thread, and sent you the video of a snippet of blm meeting. There was a black stage saying, "so, what are we going to do? We need to kill all of those with cracker babies. Kill them all"
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:16:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:14:50 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:12:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.

It's one of the reasons I hate protesters. If you want to make your point, have your own fvcking rally. But the #blm people are more interested in being provocateurs than actually doing anything meaningful.

Indeed. They antagonize, until someone can't take it anymore, and lashes out. Then they want to say how "oppressed, and treated unfairly" they are..

I posted a video in my blm thread, and sent you the video of a snippet of blm meeting. There was a black stage saying, "so, what are we going to do? We need to kill all of those with cracker babies. Kill them all"

It's really vile stuff...
Tsar of DDO
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:19:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:16:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:14:50 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:12:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.

It's one of the reasons I hate protesters. If you want to make your point, have your own fvcking rally. But the #blm people are more interested in being provocateurs than actually doing anything meaningful.

Indeed. They antagonize, until someone can't take it anymore, and lashes out. Then they want to say how "oppressed, and treated unfairly" they are..

I posted a video in my blm thread, and sent you the video of a snippet of blm meeting. There was a black stage saying, "so, what are we going to do? We need to kill all of those with cracker babies. Kill them all"

It's really vile stuff...

They need to practice what they "preach" as in treating others equally, with respect.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:28:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:19:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:16:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:14:50 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:12:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:10:11 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:08:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:05:20 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:01:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

What would be really unfortunate is when all the progressives start calling all the black trump supporters (and there are many) "uncle tom's."

Wouldn't surprise me.

Oh I know it will happen. But these are the same people who think that #blacklivesmatter protesters should be given the time of day and allowed to take a stage hostage at a political rally.

Total and complete idiots. All of them.

God,no. That would be a horrible idea..it would turn into a riot, and someone would get shot.

It's one of the reasons I hate protesters. If you want to make your point, have your own fvcking rally. But the #blm people are more interested in being provocateurs than actually doing anything meaningful.

Indeed. They antagonize, until someone can't take it anymore, and lashes out. Then they want to say how "oppressed, and treated unfairly" they are..

I posted a video in my blm thread, and sent you the video of a snippet of blm meeting. There was a black stage saying, "so, what are we going to do? We need to kill all of those with cracker babies. Kill them all"

It's really vile stuff...

They need to practice what they "preach" as in treating others equally, with respect.

I agree, but they're incapable of that, in the same way that many who are sympathetic to that kind of worldview (as we recently observed in the Society forum) are incapable of being a civil human being.
Tsar of DDO
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:34:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 10:57:19 PM, Rosalie wrote:
When black people relate trump supporters to be racist.

You support Trump right? What's your reason? I am interested in finding out.
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:52:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:44:22 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:51:04 PM, lamerde wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Do you really believe that?

Believe what, exactly?
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Curiouszs
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:52:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 9:48:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Elect Hillary

I am not a Hillary supporter, like most people, I can't stand her.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 11:53:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 6:30:39 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Now before you assume this is a Trump hate thread, what I have to ask hasn't nothing to do with bashing Trump supporters. But I really don't understand why people think he's a good president, so I want to hear what Trump supporters think. Why do you like Trump? What separates him from other Republican candidates? Why would his policies

1. His personal success in business.

2. Opposition to political correctness.

3. Plan to deport all illegal immigrants.

4. Plans to reduce regulation on business.

5. Plan to take the lowest earning citizens out of paying tax.

6. Anti establishment platform.

7. Plan to make it harder for drugs and illegal immigrants to enter the usa.

8. His foreign policy.

9. Pro business and pro aspiration approach.

10. Plans to exploit fossil fuel resources, end renewables subsidies.

11. I'm from the uk where religion and politics don't mix. As an atheist with generally right wing views the religiosity of Rubio and especially Cruz is a negative factor when deciding my favorite candidate.

12. Trump is a strong leader who would stand up for America on the world stage.

13. I'm expecting a more moderate election platform when trump goes against Clinton for the presidency. He has announced his right wing policies to appeal to republicans but is clever enough to hold back his more moderate ones for when they will be a help not a hindrance.

14. I would just like to see if a multi billionaire can do a better job than a career politician at managing the world's biggest economy. I would like to see more successful business people go into politics. I would have considered Bloomberg if he had run, although he is maybe a bit too far to the left for me.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 12:47:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:52:57 PM, Curiouszs wrote:
At 3/11/2016 9:48:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Elect Hillary

I am not a Hillary supporter, like most people, I can't stand her.

That's good. She's a female Sauron.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Romaniii
Posts: 421
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:31:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/11/2016 11:52:45 PM, lamerde wrote:
At 3/11/2016 11:44:22 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/11/2016 10:51:04 PM, lamerde wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

Do you really believe that?

Believe what, exactly?

The theory put forth in that article.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:55:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I want to respond to this post because it shows how well of an image Trump created for himself but it falls apart when you poke at it a bit deeper.

At 3/11/2016 11:53:30 PM, beng100 wrote:
1. His personal success in business.

Trump has several failed businesses. He's filed for bankruptcy several times. He was also called out for opening a fraudulent university.

2. Opposition to political correctness.

People who claim to be not be "politically correct" often invariably use that as a plarform to say something bigoted. If it isn't bigoted, you don't have to preface your thoughts with "it may not be politically correct but -" you'd just say what you want to say.

3. Plan to deport all illegal immigrants.

In other words, artificially create a labor scarcity. Conservatives are all about big business and capitalism so it really is odd how much they want to shut down immigration. Open borders is capitalism at its finest, what's wrong with that? I suppose the conservatives bigotry towards immigration is a higher priority than their commitment to capitalism.

4. Plans to reduce regulation on business.

This is not necessarily a good thing. Reducing regulations help the top brass and executive management in businesses. The middle and lower classes suffer from it.

5. Plan to take the lowest earning citizens out of paying tax.

This is flat-out wrong. Trump wants cuts across the board but the biggest tax cuts are going to go to the highest income-earning individuals: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org...

He wants the rich to pay a lot less taxes. He wants the poor to pay slightly less taxes but that just puts more pressure on the government. Taxes are needed to sustain the government. The goal should be to place the largest tax burdens on the richest 10% or so increasing their taxes dramatically, maybe upto 50-60% and cutting taxes for poorer people.

6. Anti establishment platform.

This is circular reasoning. If Trump does get elected, he will become the new establishment and whoever runs against him will be the "anti-establishment" candidate. Besides, being against the establishment is not a virtue in itself.

7. Plan to make it harder for drugs and illegal immigrants to enter the usa.

I'll grant the point on drugs but reducing immigration goes against capitalism.

8. His foreign policy.

"We'll have the biggest military EVER. It's going to be huge and everyone will cower under our superior strength. We'll beat the Muslims, we'll beat China, we'll launch nukes at Russia and send them into the stone age. That'll teach them never to mess with the United States again. We'll be great. We're America! Just trust me guys, I'll take care of you!"

Foreign policy doesn't work that way. Modern relations between countries are built on diplomacy and soft power. Diplomatic abilities are something that Trump sorely lacks.

9. Pro business and pro aspiration approach.

Pro-business means pro-CEOs and executives and anti-blue collar workers and other poor people. That's not a reason to vote Trump.

10. Plans to exploit fossil fuel resources, end renewables subsidies.

And after the fossil fuels run out, what's he gonna do? Conjure new fuels into existence?

12. Trump is a strong leader who would stand up for America on the world stage.

Much like Trump, now you are just repeating yourself :)

13. I'm expecting a more moderate election platform when trump goes against Clinton for the presidency. He has announced his right wing policies to appeal to republicans but is clever enough to hold back his more moderate ones for when they will be a help not a hindrance.

You are supporting him based on what you think he would do rather than what he is doing.