Jump to topic:

Do Liberals just not understand Islam?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 10:17:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Ex Muslims say that Islam is an ideology of violence and conquest and that it is purposefully trying to espionage us from within. The Quran teaches world domination at any and all costs, using a system of deception to destroy anyone and anything nonIslamic. Are Liberals simply in denial?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 10:24:06 PM
The better question is one of how and why Liberals claim they tolerate a worldview that wouldn't think twice about slaughtering every single one them.

Hey liberals, go give a speech on gay marriage or women's rights in the town square of Raqqa and see how it goes for you.

All liberals should be required to read Bin Laden's letter to America:

http://www.theguardian.com...

It's quite enlightening.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:32:10 AM
At 3/15/2016 10:17:01 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Ex Muslims say that Islam is an ideology of violence and conquest and that it is purposefully trying to espionage us from within. The Quran teaches world domination at any and all costs, using a system of deception to destroy anyone and anything nonIslamic. Are Liberals simply in denial?

So does christianity. Regardless, the believers are what matter, and only 7% of muslims support violence. So its idiotic what you are saying
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:35:37 AM
At 3/15/2016 10:24:06 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
The better question is one of how and why Liberals claim they tolerate a worldview that wouldn't think twice about slaughtering every single one them.

Hey liberals, go give a speech on gay marriage or women's rights in the town square of Raqqa and see how it goes for you.

It's quite enlightening.

That moment you realize Bin Laden represents less than 7% of Muslims, yet this kid tries to apply it to 100%. And that right-wing extremists have killed more people than Muslim extremists since 9/11.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:36:20 AM
At 3/16/2016 12:35:37 AM, Hayd wrote:

It's quite enlightening.

That moment you realize Bin Laden represents less than 7% of Muslims, yet this kid tries to apply it to 100%. And that right-wing extremists have killed more people than Muslim extremists since 9/11.

http://giphy.com...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:52:25 AM
At 3/16/2016 12:32:10 AM, Hayd wrote:

So does christianity. Regardless, the believers are what matter, and only 7% of muslims support violence. So its idiotic what you are saying

The Quran has 60 suras about jihad on unbelievers to say 7% is like saying only 7% of Christians believe in Jesus' commands. Muhammed is infallable to Muslims, and he said to kill us, behead us, rape our women, burn us alive, torcher us, show no mercy to us, and conquer the world by force making the entire world Islam. These are basic Islamic principles like "love your neighbor", "be merciful", and "forgive" are basic principles taught by Jesus. To say 7% is to say 93% don't follow Muhammed's commands. That's the same as saying 93% of Christians don't agree with Jesus' commands. The whole concept is absurd.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:54:58 AM

It's quite enlightening.

Christians believe in Jesus. Jesus' commands make up the Christian compass. You are welcome to quote Jesus promoting Christians to act out violence. All I need is one quote from Jesus promoting us to act out violence. I can give you over 500 from Muhammed. The 2 religions are as different as Atheism and Islam.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:57:15 AM
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:58:58 AM
Jesus-

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
(Matthew 5:44)

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:01:34 AM
Hey look. Here's a site showing that there are actually exactly 164 Quran suras covering just the jihad part of Islam.

http://www.answering-islam.org...

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:02:32 AM
At 3/16/2016 12:54:58 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

It's quite enlightening.

Christians believe in Jesus. Jesus' commands make up the Christian compass. You are welcome to quote Jesus promoting Christians to act out violence. All I need is one quote from Jesus promoting us to act out violence. I can give you over 500 from Muhammed. The 2 religions are as different as Atheism and Islam.

I don't want this to turn into a Bible quoting argument. Christians follow Old Testament as well as new anyways. And more Christians are fundamentalists than are Muslims anyways

"And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough." (Luke 22:35-38)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:03:45 AM
Jesus-

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
(Matthew 5:9)

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:04:28 AM
At 3/16/2016 12:52:25 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

The Quran has 60 suras about jihad on unbelievers to say 7% is like saying only 7% of Christians believe in Jesus' commands. Muhammed is infallable to Muslims, and he said to kill us, behead us, rape our women, burn us alive, torcher us, show no mercy to us, and conquer the world by force making the entire world Islam. These are basic Islamic principles like "love your neighbor", "be merciful", and "forgive" are basic principles taught by Jesus. To say 7% is to say 93% don't follow Muhammed's commands. That's the same as saying 93% of Christians don't agree with Jesus' commands. The whole concept is absurd.

I don't know whats so absurd about it. 93% of Muslims condone violence in any way. Its about the believers, not the fundamental religion. You don't have to follow the Quran or Muhammed to be muslim, merely submit to Allah.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:08:32 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:02:32 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/16/2016 12:54:58 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

It's quite enlightening.

I don't want this to turn into a Bible quoting argument. Christians follow Old Testament as well as new anyways. And more Christians are fundamentalists than are Muslims anyways

"And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough." (Luke 22:35-38)

We do? So why don't we sacrifice live animals, kill homosexuals, stone adulterers, or refrain from eating cloven hooved animal meat again? Moses commanded it in Leviticus of the Old Testament.

I'll give you a hint. The answer isn't in the Old Testment. Nontheologically based people are amusing. You incorrectly assess Islam as peaceful and Christianity as violent by ignorance of the 2 theological principles of the religions.

We have something they don't. There's a reason we don't stone adulterers, etc. Maybe you can google it...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:17:03 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:04:28 AM, Hayd wrote:

I don't know whats so absurd about it. 93% of Muslims condone violence in any way. Its about the believers, not the fundamental religion. You don't have to follow the Quran or Muhammed to be muslim, merely submit to Allah.

You do not understand Islam in any way, shape or form.

You'll have to understand wgat kitman, maruna, tawriya, and taqiya are before you can even begin to get started. You have to understand what "peace" means when Muslims say it. You have to understand that Sharia Law, the infallable law of Islam, is very, very violent. It is not up for debate. 100% of Muslims believe in the Sharia. 100% of Muslims believe in Jihad. Not 7%, not 63.234%. 100%.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:24:13 AM
Although the word Jihad standing by itself means "struggle," what Westerners need to focus on when reading the Hadith regarding Mohammed"s Jihad is similar to the focus needed when reading Mein Kampf (My Struggle) by Adolph Hitler.
-Walid Shoebat, ex Muslim

"What the West does not understand about Islamism is that Jihad is very systematic. It has stages. If Muslims have the upper hand, then Jihad is waged by force. If Muslims do not have the upper hand, then Jihad is waged through financial and political means. Since Muslims do not have the upper hand in America or Europe, they talk about peace in front of you while supporting Hamas and Hezbollah in the back room. The whole idea of Islam being a peaceful religion emanates from that silent stage of Jihad."
-Walid Shoebat, ex Muslim

"To this very day, Muslims do not view peace treaties in the same way that most people understand a "peace-treaty." To the Muslim mind, treaties are not binding agreements, but rather opportunities to grow stronger or buy time or to appear peaceful while preparing for war. But make no mistake, making peace treaties with the infidels simply for the sake of peace is never the ultimate goal. The only goal of Islam is victory over the whole world."
-Walid Shoebat

"Muslims in the West regularly refer to Islam as the "religion of peace." Yet of the roughly 400 recognized terrorist groups in the world, over 90 percent are Islamist groups. Over 90 percent of the current world-fighting involves Islamist terror movements.120 The endless goal of moderate Muslim apologists is to make the claim that the radical terrorist groups are not behaving in an Islamic way. While many nominal and liberal Muslims have a strong disdain for the murderous behavior of many of the most violent groups, the terrorists are actually carrying out a very legitimate aspect of Islam as defined by Islam"s sacred texts, scholars, and representatives. They are indeed behaving in an Islamic way. They are behaving like Mohammed and his successors. While it is often said that the terrorists have high-jacked Islam, in reality it is the so-called moderate Muslims who are trying to change the true teachings of Islam. Many in the West today are calling for a "reformation" within Islam. The problem is that this reformation has already happened and the most radical forms of Islam that we are seeing today are the result"violent Islam is true Islam. Yet few have the courage to declare the obvious."
-Walid Shoebat

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:26:54 AM
Many well-meaning Dutch people have told me in all earnestness that nothing in Islamic culture incites abuse of women, that this is just a terrible misunderstanding. Men all over the world beat their women, I am constantly informed. In reality, these Westerners are the ones who misunderstand Islam. The Quaran mandates these punishments. It gives a legitimate basis for abuse, so that the perpetrators feel no shame and are not hounded by their conscience of their community. I wanted my art exhibit to make it difficult for people to look away from this problem. I wanted secular, non-Muslim people to stop kidding themselves that "Islam is peace and tolerance."
-Ayaan Hirsi Ali, ex Muslim

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:28:57 AM
By declaring our Prophet infallible and not permitting ourselves to question him, we Muslims had set up a static tyranny. The Prophet Muhammad attempted to legislate every aspect of life. By adhering to his rules of what is permitted and what is forbidden, we Muslims supressed the freedom to think for ourselves and to act as we chose. We froze the moral outlook of billions of people into the mind-set of the Arab desert in the seventh century. We were not just servants of Allah, we were slaves.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:31:59 AM
Wishful thinking about the peaceful tolerance of Islam cannot interpret away this reality: hands are still cut off, women still stoned and enslaved, just as the Prophet Muhammad decided centuries ago.

RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:37:55 AM

Not saying you're wrong, but where is this 7% coming from? Where and when was this survey done? Were they Sunni or Shiite?

I don't think you can deny that American liberal policies are among the main reasons radical Islamists hate the west.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:40:31 AM
"I always expected feeling unwelcome from Muslim audiences, "but I did not anticipate an equal amount of hostility from my allies on the Left. "

For example, when I first published a piece, "fact-checking Reza Aslan, who is a prominent Muslim scholar, on his dismissal of female genital mutilation as only an African problem, not a Muslim one, I got many responses from people unhappy with what I wrote, almost all of whom questioned my motives rather than addressing my claims. "To my surprise, most of my critics were not Muslims. "Rather they identified as liberals and sometimes even atheists. "Some darkly alluded to my "agenda" and others claimed that as a former Muslim, "there was no way I could be trusted with fair criticism. "Now remember, I published a fact-check. "It seems to me that it would be easy to verify my claims, fact-check the fact-check, so to speak. But instead, Muslims and some people on the Left preferred instead to throw around suspicions about my character and my intentions.
-Sarah Heider, ex American Muslim

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:41:09 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:37:55 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

Not saying you're wrong, but where is this 7% coming from? Where and when was this survey done? Were they Sunni or Shiite?

http://media.gallup.com...

I don't think you can deny that American liberal policies are among the main reasons radical Islamists hate the west.

http://giphy.com...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:42:07 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:17:03 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

You'll have to understand wgat kitman, maruna, tawriya, and taqiya are before you can even begin to get started. You have to understand what "peace" means when Muslims say it. You have to understand that Sharia Law, the infallable law of Islam, is very, very violent. It is not up for debate. 100% of Muslims believe in the Sharia. 100% of Muslims believe in Jihad. Not 7%, not 63.234%. 100%.

93% of muslims condone violence
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:43:57 AM

These liberals are often called "regressive liberals."

That said, the problem with conservative Christians lambasting Islam and Muslims is that it looks more like a simple struggle for religious world dominance rather than a struggle for what is good and just...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:44:41 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:42:07 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:17:03 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

93% of muslims condone violence

If they support violence why are you defending them and trashing Christianity.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:50:16 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:43:57 AM, Fly wrote:

That said, the problem with conservative Christians lambasting Islam and Muslims is that it looks more like a simple struggle for religious world dominance rather than a struggle for what is good and just...

Christians labast Islam because they are theologically minded and understand what Islam is and that it is nothing like Christianity. Being a religion does not make it "like Christianity". Islam has hundreds of commands on jihad, rape, destruction, conquest, and espionage.

Jesus never once commanded Christians to kill, hurt, or take over the world. There is no sense of killing, fighting, lying, hurting, raping, beheading, or torturing in the teachings of Christ.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:52:24 AM
Here is Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount. This is what Christian morality is centralized on.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:00:06 AM

We have to face down Islam. We are the only bulwark between Islam world conquest and freedom. We can't get the Liberals to even admit Islam is a threat or that there's even a problem, all as Europe goes through a culture war between Europeans and Muslim. If Liberals are mute with political correctness and apologizing for Islam, Evangelical Christians have no choice but to shout from the hilltops to try and wake up our Liberal American siblings.

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:00:51 AM
At 3/16/2016 1:50:16 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Christians labast Islam because they are theologically minded and understand what Islam is and that it is nothing like Christianity. Being a religion does not make it "like Christianity". Islam has hundreds of commands on jihad, rape, destruction, conquest, and espionage.

I never said it was "like Christianity." I am saying that it is like two religious superpowers facing off when they go after each other.

Jesus never once commanded Christians to kill, hurt, or take over the world. There is no sense of killing, fighting, lying, hurting, raping, beheading, or torturing in the teachings of Christ.

If Jesus=God, then Jesus is technically "on the hook" for everything that God said and did in the OT as well as what He is prophesied to do in the Book of Revelation. It ain't all "Sermon on the Mount" touchy feely stuff, and you know it. Heck, in the proper circumstances, Christians BOAST about this theological fact...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:09:19 AM
At 3/16/2016 2:00:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:50:16 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

I never said it was "like Christianity." I am saying that it is like two religious superpowers facing off when they go after each other.

If Jesus=God, then Jesus is technically "on the hook" for everything that God said and did in the OT as well as what He is prophesied to do in the Book of Revelation. It ain't all "Sermon on the Mount" touchy feely stuff, and you know it. Heck, in the proper circumstances, Christians BOAST about this theological fact...

The Old Covenant was black and white. Jesus himself said the Law of Moses was given because the world was violent and man was of a hardened heart.

In the New Testament he was confronted with Leviticus law repeatedly and trashed it repeatedly. This is why we don't stone adulterers, kill homosexuals, stay away from cloven hooved meat, sacrifice live animals, etc. The Old Testament is almost meaningless to me because #1, we have the New Testament, #2, we have a different covenant, #3, Christ stood against OT ideas. The NT straightly says that God was doing a "new thing" and bringing a "new kind of people" to Himself. We drink from a different cup and a different covenant completely. To compare Christian beliefs by the OT is a complete false dichotomy. It's obvious that we do not apply the OT laws of Moses. If we did open Atheism would not exist just like in Arab countries.