Jump to topic:

Trump will further strengthen Islam terrorism

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:16:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The United States has fought a long bloody war against Islam (yes, I said it) since 2001, and the situation has only gotten worse, with military spending now out of control. The rise of ISIS, Paris attacks, San Bernardino attacks are only a handful of examples, proving the war is not going the way we had hoped for.

With the threat of ISIS growing, more and more muslims are joining ISIS, and the United States needs to be very careful with the way it's handling foreign policy to make sure it doesn't make the situation worse. Our past mistakes should tell us how bad it can go.

Donald Trump has a radical plan to protect America. Temporally ban all muslims from entering and traveling in America. Many people were shocked by this, because banning somebody based on religion certainly is very fascist- like. Personally, I don't mind it in this case. I'm pretty anti-Islam, and while I don't think we should mass deport muslims, since some are good people, temporally stopping muslim immigration is certainly something that would seem to make America safe.

Now, this plan is only good on the surface but in reality, it's probably the worst plan out of all other options the U.S could pursue. Banning muslims would only give them another reason to hate the U.S, and this is where groups like ISIS will play with people's mind and get them to join their global jihad. All ISIS has to do is show how evil America is by banning muslims, and brainwash them into thinking how evil the West is. The U.S cannot afford to deal with more Islamic terrorism, and needs to work with the muslim community to prevent terrorism. You don't have to be Pro-Islam to understand this, I'm anti-Islam, and Trump's approach to this is disastrous in my opinion.

Thoughts?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:53:12 AM
At 3/16/2016 2:16:08 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
The United States has fought a long bloody war against Islam (yes, I said it) since 2001, and the situation has only gotten worse, with military spending now out of control. The rise of ISIS, Paris attacks, San Bernardino attacks are only a handful of examples, proving the war is not going the way we had hoped for.

With the threat of ISIS growing, more and more muslims are joining ISIS, and the United States needs to be very careful with the way it's handling foreign policy to make sure it doesn't make the situation worse. Our past mistakes should tell us how bad it can go.

Donald Trump has a radical plan to protect America. Temporally ban all muslims from entering and traveling in America. Many people were shocked by this, because banning somebody based on religion certainly is very fascist- like. Personally, I don't mind it in this case. I'm pretty anti-Islam, and while I don't think we should mass deport muslims, since some are good people, temporally stopping muslim immigration is certainly something that would seem to make America safe.

Now, this plan is only good on the surface but in reality, it's probably the worst plan out of all other options the U.S could pursue. Banning muslims would only give them another reason to hate the U.S, and this is where groups like ISIS will play with people's mind and get them to join their global jihad. All ISIS has to do is show how evil America is by banning muslims, and brainwash them into thinking how evil the West is. The U.S cannot afford to deal with more Islamic terrorism, and needs to work with the muslim community to prevent terrorism. You don't have to be Pro-Islam to understand this, I'm anti-Islam, and Trump's approach to this is disastrous in my opinion.

Thoughts?

There's another element at play that you forget to mention about how terrorists think: the fact that terrorists know that the US cares about what propaganda they're (supposedly) putting out. For instance, Obama claimed that Guantanamo Bay is "a major terrorist recruiting tool". However, the Weekly Standard reviewed 34 messages and interviews by Al-Qaeda leaders operating in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Only 3 mentioned Guantanamo Bay, and of those three none of them made Guantanamo Bay a major theme. These are the speeches that the American public does not pay close attention to, speeches intended for the potential recruits and loyal followers. They needn't bother putting the "false propaganda" in the speeches which Americans won't hear; they don't have to and doing so would be a waste of time, considering that most of them don't really give a crap about Guantanamo Bay. The American public is already convinced that Al-Qaeda uses Guantanamo Bay as a major recruiting tool so we're trying to close it down. We're letting them control us by allowing them to convince us that X is strengthening support for terrorists so we should never do X.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:55:55 AM

Thoughts?

I think the logic that Islamic radicals care one iota whether Muslims are allowed into the US as being highly flawed.

Radical Islamists hate America and would only set foot on American soil for the reason of killing Americans. Otherwise they could care less and would actually want to avoid it like the plague. After all, they abhor the liberal ideas of homosexuality, idolatry, abortion, and separation of church and state.

So then why would radical Islamists care if America allows Muslims to enter or not? They don't think Muslims should be coming into America either. Factually, they would condemn any Muslim who did enter, unless of course it was to commit Jihad. They won't hate us any more for not allowing Muslims to enter the nation. Not supporting or rejecting the idea, just saying the reasoning is flawed.

One could possibly make the argument that some potential radicals may become actual radicals for not being allowed in, but I think that is far fetched as well.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:43:16 PM

Thoughts?

Well I am more of in the middle on this topic, I sort of support a ban but I believe this kind of ban could hurt our image around the world as a welcoming nation. Instead I believe that we should ban all immigrating that are from nations that have high levels of terrorism, and/or support terrorism. Radical Islam is a very real and dangerous threat to the well bean of every american that includes you and I.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:05:55 PM
I don't know how banning an entire religious group from entering the country sounds "good on the surface".
"Change your sig."
~YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:29:03 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:05:55 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I don't know how banning an entire religious group from entering the country sounds "good on the surface".

Given the current political climate, "temporally banning muslims is sounds good on surface"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:36:44 PM

Thoughts?

In America you're far more likely to be killed by a white christian with a gun or by a white cop with a gun than a muslim immigrant with a bomb, yet im willing to bet you don't want anything to be done to prevent white christians from immigrating into the country, right?

Its good that you recognize the Muslim ban is bad as a long term solution, but you should know that it also is bad as a short term solution as well, since close to 60 things are more likely to kill Americans than Muslim refugees/immigrants
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:37:45 PM
At 3/16/2016 2:43:16 PM, stargate wrote:

Instead I believe that we should ban all immigrating that are from nations that have high levels of terrorism, and/or support terrorism.

i.e. banning Muslims
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:43:52 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:37:45 PM, imabench wrote:

Instead I believe that we should ban all immigrating that are from nations that have high levels of terrorism, and/or support terrorism.

i.e. banning Muslims

Of course it's a bad solution, short or long term, but the government is so stupidly incompetent, you have to shock it into doing the proper thing.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:56:17 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:36:44 PM, imabench wrote:

Thoughts?

In America you're far more likely to be killed by a white christian with a gun or by a white cop with a gun than a muslim immigrant with a bomb, yet im willing to bet you don't want anything to be done to prevent white christians from immigrating into the country, right?

Correct, because they aren't trying to kill me because it's something based of their religion. If you wonder how that's relevant, it's because it's unpredictable, and it usually results in mass deaths. Islamic terrorism is less likely to occur "In America", but it's usually catastrophic. A christian may kill me with a gun, but it's likely because he's a criminal, or he is mentally ill, and I might have to chance to return fire if I'm lucky. We as society can work to prevent that. With terrorism, especially Islam terrorism, It comes from the Quran, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support deporting muslims or anything, the ones who live here have all the rights to continue to live here, and it would be Un-American to deport them for being muslim. But in the current political climate, it's would seem justifiable.

Its good that you recognize the Muslim ban is bad as a long term solution, but you should know that it also is bad as a short term solution as well, since close to 60 things are more likely to kill Americans than Muslim refugees/immigrants

I would certainly be against banning somebody for being different, since I kind of come from the same boat, but I don't think it's immoral to ban something to protect the nation. Say America's crime rate increased after they brought in white European refugees, then I would certainly support temporarily banning them also. Right now, that problem faces muslims that all there is to it. Regardless, my answer to your question is pointless, because I oppose this so called temporary ban.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:01:57 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:56:17 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Thoughts?

Correct, because they aren't trying to kill me because it's something based of their religion.

Neither are Muslims.

With terrorism, especially Islam terrorism, It comes from the Quran, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Not destabilizing countries in the Missle east and not bombing counties were not at war with and not have undying support for Israel would probably help

. Regardless, my answer to your question is pointless, because I oppose this so called temporary ban.

But you don't oppose it entirely for the right reasons

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:28:28 PM
At 3/16/2016 5:01:57 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/16/2016 4:56:17 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Thoughts?

Correct, because they aren't trying to kill me because it's something based of their religion.

Neither are Muslims.

Hmm... Why are they trying to kill me then?

With terrorism, especially Islam terrorism, It comes from the Quran, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Not destabilizing countries in the Missle east and not bombing counties were not at war with and not have undying support for Israel would probably help

Of course it would help. It's the reason why groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda become stronger, but it's not the reason they kill others. It wouldn't explain why random countries in Europe are facing backlash, despite doing nothing in the U.S war against terror.

. Regardless, my answer to your question is pointless, because I oppose this so called temporary ban.

But you don't oppose it entirely for the right reasons

I think the "right" reason is debatable for many reasons.

Ok, I'll concede this. I don't think the threat of Islamic terrorism is high enough that we need a ban. But, I can certainly justify in countries like the U.K and France.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:55:20 PM
At 3/16/2016 4:37:45 PM, imabench wrote:

i.e. banning Muslims

And any other groups from those nations.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:02:25 PM

Thoughts?

Jimmy Carter banned Iranians from entering the U.S. Liberals were silent. But he was one of them, so it made sense. Liberals are anti anything Conservative whether it's logical or not.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:04:28 PM
Jimmy Carter banned all Iranians from entering the U.S., but Liberals deemed it as "protecting the country".

http://www.breitbart.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:17:50 PM

Thoughts?

In all honesty, if Trump stops them from coming in, Liberals will scream that ISIS is getting strength and numbers from the ban.

And if he has no ban, ISIS will find another excuse to get recruits. Because of the conquest of the ideology of Islam as per the Quran, the only way to slow down ISIS is to send in a Western military force that keeps them constantly in retreat, on the run, and a manufacturer of their own misery and death. Few people want to join a group being hunted by a serious military, slaughtered, bombed, hungry, sick, and on the run. That's the anseer. Make it demoralizing to be a part of Islam. It's fun running across the desert with guns and taking on lesser or non-armed peoples by force for these people. We must make joining ISIS come with a heavy price. Notice that before we pulled out, the U.S. had no problem keeping reasonable control of the area. Who would seriously desire to join forces against the U.S. forces in a suicide misdion? And when the few did, they stayed on the run.

You halt entry into the U.S. from regions. You don't label it as an anti-Islam halt. You label it as these regions are dangerous and for national security concerns no one from Syria, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, etc are entering the U.S. and without proper ID, you will not enter the U.S. If the Saudi prince is offended so what. It offends me that he kills rape victims for being raped, kills homosexuals for being homosexuals, kill adulterers, and loves cutting off limbs and heads. No one cares that I'm offended. He can visit the U.S. with a special invitation and proper ID. But we all know he won't. The U.S. has made him rich beyond measure in oil dealings. At some point PC becomes ignorant and dangerous.