Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 8:15:15 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:25:40 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I get shocked every time Trump wins but this video explains perfectly why he's winning.

Ignorant would be more accurate. There are indications that America isn't too bad for average IQs - https://iq-research.org... - Not too far down the list, though I don't consider this indication to be very definitive.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:36:26 PM
At 3/16/2016 8:15:15 AM, Death23 wrote:

I get shocked every time Trump wins but this video explains perfectly why he's winning.

Ignorant would be more accurate. There are indications that America isn't too bad for average IQs - https://iq-research.org... - Not too far down the list, though I don't consider this indication to be very definitive.

Ignorance can be defined as stupidity.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:31:27 PM

Right. Now let's let the Muslims all in and simply hope and prsy that it doesn't become the new rape capital like Sweden, and a civil war between Islam and the people as in Poland. It'll be great. Rape Jihad as in Cologne, here we come! The Liberals wanted to be raped, so let's do it for giggles....

Liberals have become hippies set against the military, the nation, and common sense. We can not admit we have enemies. Ee cannot offend anyone. We cannot do anything to protect ourselves. Liberalism = cultural suicide.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:55:04 PM
At 3/16/2016 8:15:15 AM, Death23 wrote:

Those damn smart Asians....
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:57:06 PM
At 3/16/2016 6:31:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Right. Now let's let the Muslims all in and simply hope and prsy that it doesn't become the new rape capital like Sweden, and a civil war between Islam and the people as in Poland. It'll be great. Rape Jihad as in Cologne, here we come! The Liberals wanted to be raped, so let's do it for giggles....

Liberals have become hippies set against the military, the nation, and common sense. We can not admit we have enemies. Ee cannot offend anyone. We cannot do anything to protect ourselves. Liberalism = cultural suicide.

This proves the OP true
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:01:00 PM
At 3/16/2016 6:57:06 PM, Hayd wrote:

This proves the OP true

Yep. Think I'll go ahead and report the account. Good luck.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:07:04 PM
At 3/16/2016 7:01:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:57:06 PM, Hayd wrote:

This proves the OP true

Yep. Think I'll go ahead and report the account. Good luck.

What the hell! Did you actually do it?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:29:55 PM
At 3/16/2016 6:49:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Trump, Trump, Trump: https://www.insidehighered.com...

This is the kind of violence and hatred he inspires.

LMAO. This is a perfect example of what I mean when I talk about media spin creating a negative image of Trump. The amount of cherry-picking in that article is ridiculous. I'd be irritated by it if it weren't so hilariously pathetic.

It surprises me how many rationalizations people bring up in order to support him.

It surprises me that you don't see articles like this as the biased trash that they are.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:59:36 PM
At 3/16/2016 7:29:55 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:49:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Trump, Trump, Trump: https://www.insidehighered.com...

This is the kind of violence and hatred he inspires.

LMAO. This is a perfect example of what I mean when I talk about media spin creating a negative image of Trump. The amount of cherry-picking in that article is ridiculous. I'd be irritated by it if it weren't so hilariously pathetic.

It surprises me how many rationalizations people bring up in order to support him.

It surprises me that you don't see articles like this as the biased trash that they are.

What exactly is biased about it? It almost seems like everytime a new scandal erupts around Trump his supporters put their fingers in their ears and yell "nya, nya, nya, media bias."
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 8:08:21 PM

These are always fun to watch, but... Lets be honest. If I go just about anywhere I can get this level of stupidity. Say I go to Essex?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:50:32 AM
At 3/16/2016 7:59:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

What exactly is biased about it?

Too many instances of bias to name them all, but I'll do a few.

Firstly, the entire premise of the article is stupid. It's not Trump's fault that immature racist kids have associated his name with their hateful ideas. All Trump has done is made a few questionable off-hand comments, and the media has spun them into a narrative that Trump is racist... and really, not even the media portrays him as hate-group-level racist. Blaming the actions of these kids on Trump is just dumb. If someone must be blamed for it, then blame the media for leading them to believe that Trump's on their side.

Secondly, the article makes the classic anti-Trump reference to the Mexicans comment. But any way you look at it, that was obviously just clumsy wording. His comments on illegal immigration since then have made it quite clear that (1) he's well-aware of the fact that many illegal immigrants aren't bad people, and (2) the main point he was trying to get at was the very real problem of lax border security resulting in higher crime rates in the south... but of course, the media doesn't bother publicizing that part -- they'd rather just sensationalize the "Trump is a racist" narrative because that's what gets them ratings.

Thirdly, the violence at the Chicago rally was caused by *anti-Trump protesters* attacking first. So again, portraying it as something caused by Trump's "divisive rhetoric" is blatantly misleading. The media itself sows seeds of violence by characterizing Trump in the way they have, and then blames Trump whenever the violence erupts. It's laughable.

It almost seems like everytime a new scandal erupts around Trump his supporters put their fingers in their ears and yell "nya, nya, nya, media bias."

Mhm. Perhaps you should consider the possibility that they're right.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:55:36 AM
At 3/17/2016 12:50:32 AM, Romaniii wrote:
It's not Trump's fault that immature racist kids have associated his name with their hateful ideas.

So the idea to ban Muslims and the idea that Mexicans are rapists is their idea and not Trump's? They just came up with it on their own?

All Trump has done is made a few questionable off-hand comments, and the media has spun them into a narrative that Trump is racist

They are not "questionable" comments, they are bigoted comments. He flat out said "Mexico is sending their rapists to the US" and "Muslims should be temporarily banned." This wasn't a media spin. Those words came out of his mouth.

But any way you look at it, that was obviously just clumsy wording. His comments on illegal immigration since then have made it quite clear that (1) he's well-aware of the fact that many illegal immigrants aren't bad people, and (2) the main point he was trying to get at was the very real problem of lax border security resulting in higher crime rates in the south... but of course, the media doesn't bother publicizing that part -- they'd rather just sensationalize the "Trump is a racist" narrative because that's what gets them ratings.

If he thought that, he would have said so. He's the one that used sensational language. Perhaps he thought it would grab attention and make waves. But if he did that, how can you blame the media for taking it at face value?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:23:44 AM
At 3/17/2016 12:55:36 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/17/2016 12:50:32 AM, Romaniii wrote:
It's not Trump's fault that immature racist kids have associated his name with their hateful ideas.

So the idea to ban Muslims and the idea that Mexicans are rapists is their idea and not Trump's? They just came up with it on their own?

The Muslim ban idea was his, but that's not even "racist" ... it's a reasonable counter-terrorism measure to take for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, a ban on immigration from high-risk countries or a ban on all immigration in general would be more politically correct (and more effective too). But calling Trump's idea "racist" is simply inaccurate.

And yes, the "Mexicans are rapists" idea WAS practically manufactured by the media.

But any way you look at it, that was obviously just clumsy wording. His comments on illegal immigration since then have made it quite clear that (1) he's well-aware of the fact that many illegal immigrants aren't bad people, and (2) the main point he was trying to get at was the very real problem of lax border security resulting in higher crime rates in the south... but of course, the media doesn't bother publicizing that part -- they'd rather just sensationalize the "Trump is a racist" narrative because that's what gets them ratings.

If he thought that, he would have said so.

He did... that's what I just stated. The media didn't bother emphasizing those parts because it would ruin their narrative.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:43:49 AM
At 3/17/2016 2:23:44 AM, Romaniii wrote:

The Muslim ban idea was his, but that's not even "racist" ... it's a reasonable counter-terrorism measure to take for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, a ban on immigration from high-risk countries or a ban on all immigration in general would be more politically correct (and more effective too). But calling Trump's idea "racist" is simply inaccurate.

I didn't say it was "racist," I said it was bigoted. Muslims aren't a race so discriminating against a religion isn't technically "racist." I get it. That's why I used a different word. Regardless, you are arguing with semantics unless you feel that calling Trump a bigot is accurate but racist is not.

And yes, the "Mexicans are rapists" idea WAS practically manufactured by the media.

Nope. Watch: https://www.youtube.com...

Did the media photoshop it? Tampered with the video using video editing software? It wasn't a clip that was cut for a few seconds like how reality shows do it. It was a continuous clip.

He did... that's what I just stated. The media didn't bother emphasizing those parts because it would ruin their narrative.

No. No matter how much you want to jump through hoops to justify it, you can't. He actually said that Mexicans are rapists. It's there - on video. Just watch. How could the media have "manipulated this?" Did they blackmail him into saying it? Did they send an imposter that looks like Trump to say it?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:54:34 AM
At 3/17/2016 2:43:49 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I didn't say it was "racist," I said it was bigoted. Muslims aren't a race so discriminating against a religion isn't technically "racist." I get it. That's why I used a different word. Regardless, you are arguing with semantics unless you feel that calling Trump a bigot is accurate but racist is not.

Nope. Watch: https://www.youtube.com...

Did the media photoshop it? Tampered with the video using video editing software? It wasn't a clip that was cut for a few seconds like how reality shows do it. It was a continuous clip.

No. No matter how much you want to jump through hoops to justify it, you can't. He actually said that Mexicans are rapists. It's there - on video. Just watch. How could the media have "manipulated this?" Did they blackmail him into saying it? Did they send an imposter that looks like Trump to say it?

This is really just stunning to me. It's like we aren't even watching the same video. He says that Mexicans aren't sending their best people here. They're sending drug dealers, criminals, rapists, and some of them are good people. Lets break this down mathematically.

M = R + D + C + G + A
I = XR + XD + XC +XG
N = R(1-X) + D(1-X) + C(1-X) + G(1-X) + A
N + I = M

M = Mexican population before immigration
I = Mexican immigrants to US
N = Mexican population after immigration to US
R = Rapists
D = Drug dealers
C = Criminals
G = Good People
A = Non-immigrant to US population of Mexico
0<X<1

Now, if the laws of mathematics don't break down around Trump, the implication is clear. Mexico is sending a certain amount of rapists, drug dealers, criminals, and good people to the US as part of its emigrant populations. No matter what you do to that set of equations, you cannot get M=R. If you disagree, please solve for 'M' and show your work =D
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 4:29:51 AM
At 3/17/2016 3:54:34 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

This is really just stunning to me. It's like we aren't even watching the same video. He says that Mexicans aren't sending their best people here. They're sending drug dealers, criminals, rapists, and some of them are good people. Lets break this down mathematically.

M = R + D + C + G + A
I = XR + XD + XC +XG
N = R(1-X) + D(1-X) + C(1-X) + G(1-X) + A
N + I = M

M = Mexican population before immigration
I = Mexican immigrants to US
N = Mexican population after immigration to US
R = Rapists
D = Drug dealers
C = Criminals
G = Good People
A = Non-immigrant to US population of Mexico
0<X<1

Now, if the laws of mathematics don't break down around Trump, the implication is clear. Mexico is sending a certain amount of rapists, drug dealers, criminals, and good people to the US as part of its emigrant populations. No matter what you do to that set of equations, you cannot get M=R. If you disagree, please solve for 'M' and show your work =D

LOL ...M=R...Anti-Trumpet math!
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:20:55 AM

The Muslim ban idea was his, but that's not even "bigoted" ... it's a reasonable counter-terrorism measure to take for the sake of preserving national security. Sure, a ban on immigration from high-risk countries or a ban on all immigration in general would be more politically correct (and more effective too). But calling Trump's idea "bigoted" is simply inaccurate.

I didn't say it was "racist," I said it was bigoted.

Lmao. My bad. Fix'd.

Dafuq are you talking about... that's not what "media bias" implies, dude. I'll try re-iterating my point one more time. Trump's original comment came off as racist due to clumsy wording, but he's said & done numerous things since then which clarify that he's not racist. However, the media only sensationalized the original comment; they ignored all the stuff that came afterwards. Thus, due to biased media coverage, popular opinion maintains that Trump is racist against Mexicans, even though he isn't in reality.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:25:35 AM
At 3/17/2016 5:20:55 AM, Romaniii wrote:
Dafuq are you talking about... that's not what "media bias" implies, dude. I'll try re-iterating my point one more time. Trump's original comment came off as racist due to clumsy wording, but he's said & done numerous things since then which clarify that he's not racist. However, the media only sensationalized the original comment; they ignored all the stuff that came afterwards. Thus, due to biased media coverage, popular opinion maintains that Trump is racist against Mexicans, even though he isn't in reality.

Doesn't matter what he said afterward. He revealed his true feeling by saying Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

After the backlash, losing contract deals etc, he realized that he needs to appear somewhat moderate so he "clarifies" things in a roundabout manner. It doesn't take away from what he actually said - his true feelings.

Trump probably phrased it the way he did initially hoping that the media would "sensationalize" it. Either that or he's a deep rooted bigot. If it's the former, then don't blame the media for doing it when he's basically handing them sound-bites.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:27:12 AM
Partly, he just wants free media coverage and saying absurd things provide that coverage. That still makes it a deliberate action on his part rather than "manipulation" by the media.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:34:30 AM
At 3/17/2016 5:25:35 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/17/2016 5:20:55 AM, Romaniii wrote:

Doesn't matter what he said afterward. He revealed his true feeling by saying Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

Lmao. C'mon. Skeppy already demonstrated that *even* if you take what Trump said completely literally, it still doesn't technically imply anything racist. If you additionally take into consideration the fact that he was probably winging most of that speech (and therefore would have been susceptible to clumsy wording) then we're left with no justification whatsoever for the claim that he was expressing genuinely racist sentiments.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:47:32 AM
At 3/17/2016 5:34:30 AM, Romaniii wrote:
Lmao. C'mon. Skeppy already demonstrated that *even* if you take what Trump said completely literally, it still doesn't technically imply anything racist. If you additionally take into consideration the fact that he was probably winging most of that speech (and therefore would have been susceptible to clumsy wording) then we're left with no justification whatsoever for the claim that he was expressing genuinely racist sentiments.

"Clumsy wording" is probably the most hilarious excuse I've seen a Trump supported use to support his racism. This is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost as if everyone supporting Trump just lost their brain cells.

What clumsy wording? He literally said "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they are rapists."

There are no ifs and buts around it. He actually called Mexican immigrants rapists. This is not the media putting words into his mouth. I don't know what's unclear here. Just listen to him. You are going through such absurd hoops to say "maybe he didn't actually mean that." If he didn't mean, then why would he say it?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:06:10 AM
At 3/17/2016 5:47:32 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/17/2016 5:34:30 AM, Romaniii wrote:

"Clumsy wording" is probably the most hilarious excuse I've seen a Trump supported use to support his racism. This is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost as if everyone supporting Trump just lost their brain cells.

What clumsy wording? He literally said "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they are rapists."

You underlined the clumsy wording...

There are no ifs and buts around it. He actually called Mexican immigrants rapists. This is not the media putting words into his mouth. I don't know what's unclear here. Just listen to him. You are going through such absurd hoops to say "maybe he didn't actually mean that." If he didn't mean, then why would he say it?

Holy sh!t, you're being unbelievably pedantic about this.

The guy was speaking extempore; he put at most half-a-second of thought into it before saying that sentence. Why is it so difficult to accept that he meant the "rapists" clause to be phrased the same way as the other two parallel clauses ? -- i.e. not implying that ALL illegal immigrants are criminals, drug-smugglers, rapists, etc. Why are you so determined to believe that Trump is a racist ?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:32:51 AM
At 3/17/2016 5:47:32 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Seriously, c'mon... I've made far more significant speaking errors while reading off a script... I am unable to comprehend how you can think it "absurd" to suggest that he slightly misspoke while speaking extemporaneously.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:40:46 AM
At 3/17/2016 6:32:51 AM, Romaniii wrote:
Seriously, c'mon... I've made far more significant speaking errors while reading off a script... I am unable to comprehend how you can think it "absurd" to suggest that he slightly misspoke while speaking extemporaneously.

You keep repeating "error" over and over again? What error? If I say "Romaniii is a rapist" in spontaneous conversation, is it an "error?"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:51:13 AM
Seriously, Trump supporters attacked people at his rallies and Trump defended them saying he would even pay for their legal fees. Trump supporters beat up a homeless Latino man assuming he's an illegal immigrant. Trump condoned this violence. I know its cool and everything to be contrarian but at some point, I just wonder wtf are you guys smoking? It is not just his supporters doing it. He's encouraging this and defending them. When he refused to disavow the white supremacist organization, the same thing happened - his supporters went all out to give the most ridiculous excuses going so far as to concoct some story about his mike not working even when the evidence clearly showed that he knew the person who supported him and later lied and said he didn't.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 7:23:48 AM
lol this is ridiculous

Given the sort of pedantry you're resorting to, there's probably no point in even trying to convince you.

It's so obvious what message Trump was actually conveying, and only the most absurdly uncharitable & out-of-context reading of his words could possibly lead to the conclusion that he genuinely meant to say all Mexican immigrants are rapists. This is a prime example of how confirmation bias can cause even the most intelligent of individuals to engage in patent irrationality.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 7:28:15 AM
At 3/17/2016 7:23:48 AM, Romaniii wrote:
lol this is ridiculous

Given the sort of pedantry you're resorting to, there's probably no point in even trying to convince you.

It's so obvious what message Trump was actually conveying, and only the most absurdly uncharitable & out-of-context reading of his words could possibly lead to the conclusion that he genuinely meant to say all Mexican immigrants are rapists. This is a prime example of how confirmation bias can cause even the most intelligent of individuals to engage in patent irrationality.

Right. So, I'm supposed to interpret "they are rapists" as some sort of error that he never meant to say?