Jump to topic:

Trump is a threat to human intelligence

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:30:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Trump had said of McCain in July, while campaigning in Iowa, "He"s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren"t captured."

On Sunday, Trump responded to Maupin: "Oh no, no, no. What I was " I never did that. You know that."

Maupin said, "What I want you to do is just clarify that for me, because I think it"s important for all these people here, and for a lot of veterans that"s in Ohio. I know what you were doing."

"You know exactly what I was doing," Trump said. "They are heroes. Just so you understand. They"re real heroes, OK? You know that."

Trump added, "John McCain has not helped a lot of people like he should; that, I can tell you. That"s true. "

"Oh no, no, no. What I was " I never did that. You know that."

https://imgflip.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:34:48 PM
At 3/16/2016 2:30:56 PM, smelisox wrote:
Trump had said of McCain in July, while campaigning in Iowa, "He"s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren"t captured."

On Sunday, Trump responded to Maupin: "Oh no, no, no. What I was " I never did that. You know that."

Maupin said, "What I want you to do is just clarify that for me, because I think it"s important for all these people here, and for a lot of veterans that"s in Ohio. I know what you were doing."

"You know exactly what I was doing," Trump said. "They are heroes. Just so you understand. They"re real heroes, OK? You know that."

Trump added, "John McCain has not helped a lot of people like he should; that, I can tell you. That"s true. "

This is the kind of deliberate prevarication that makes me angry. Donald Trump is by far the biggest liar running for president; he lies on national television routinely and with total abandon... the media tries and tries to point it out, but disgusting supporters just don't care.

somebody like this just cannot be president.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:36:55 PM
At 3/16/2016 2:34:48 PM, 000ike wrote:

This is the kind of deliberate prevarication that makes me angry. Donald Trump is by far the biggest liar running for president; he lies on national television routinely and with total abandon... the media tries and tries to point it out, but disgusting supporters just don't care.

somebody like this just cannot be president.

He can be president since most Americans are complete idiots (and the concrete proof is almost half of you support him). Have fun with him, seriously. Or whatever other liar you elect, since the others are all compulsive liars too (though at least they try to cover it up).
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:03:05 PM
Yep, that's precisely why we support Trump. It's because we're all idiots. You've hit the nail on the head. As everyone knows, it's absolutely unreasonable and "disgusting" to weigh the benefits of a Trump presidency above the inconsequential infractions he's committed, and anyone who fails to uphold liberal ideals of political correctness doesn't "deserve" to be president.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:06:29 PM
At 3/16/2016 5:03:05 PM, Romaniii wrote:
Yep, that's precisely why we support Trump. It's because we're all idiots. You've hit the nail on the head. As everyone knows, it's absolutely unreasonable and "disgusting" to weigh the benefits of a Trump presidency above the inconsequential infractions he's committed, and anyone who fails to uphold liberal ideals of political correctness doesn't "deserve" to be president.

I'd much rather have someone who praises the Reagans for the way they dealt with AIDS. Clinton is such a great person.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:12:02 PM

You support Trump?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:25:31 PM
At 3/16/2016 9:12:02 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You support Trump?

Definitely.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:23:25 PM

Lying = liberal idea of political correctness?

Yep, you're an idiot.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 1:23:32 PM
At 3/17/2016 12:23:25 PM, smelisox wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

No, you illiterate fucktard.
Lying = inconsequential infraction
Insults = violating rules of political correctness
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 1:59:40 PM
At 3/17/2016 1:23:32 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

A compulsive liar is inconsequential. No real need for an honest POTUS, not if he makes you feel good
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:12:24 PM
At 3/17/2016 1:59:40 PM, TBR wrote:

A compulsive liar is inconsequential. No real need for an honest POTUS, not if he makes you feel good

He's not a "compulsive liar" lol. He hasn't lied any more than the other candidates on the field (except Bernie & Kasich).
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:18:53 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:12:24 PM, Romaniii wrote:

He's not a "compulsive liar" lol. He hasn't lied any more than the other candidates on the field (except Bernie & Kasich).

He lies about things that are easy to verify. He lies about things that are trivial. He is compulsive. Trump has literally no redeeming or presidential quality's.

He is playing for your emotional response. If you like that, well that is your business, just don't pretend that he is decent human being.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:23:44 PM

Yep, you're an idiot.

Just the other day, Wylted asserted that Trump is a libertarian who intends to restore the vision of the founding fathers.

lol that's probably the single most preposterous lie regarding Donald Trump on record. They'll make up anything and overlook anything to support him because they're mesmerized by his sales tactics.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:26:55 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:23:44 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

Just the other day, Wylted asserted that Trump is a libertarian who intends to restore the vision of the founding fathers.

lol that's probably the single most preposterous lie regarding Donald Trump on record. They'll make up anything and overlook anything to support him because they're mesmerized by his sales tactics.

Wylted likes to reassign politicians to party's and ideologies to suit his needs. He likes calling Bush a democrat.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:34:18 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:18:53 PM, TBR wrote:

He is playing for your emotional response. If you like that, well that is your business, just don't pretend that he is decent human being.

If you subjectively dislike his personality, well that is your business, just don't pretend that disqualifies him from being a decent human being.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:44:31 PM

They'll make up anything and overlook anything to support him because they're mesmerized by his sales tactics.

Yes, we will overlook white lies and violations of political correctness, because we don't consider those things to be as morally repugant as you do. Your habit of self-righteously imposing your subjective moral judgments upon Trump and his supporters gets tiresome.

And Trump's appeal extends far beyond his "sales tactics."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:51:32 PM

Yep, you're an idiot.

No I didn't. This is the same strawmanning you do of Trump

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:53:04 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:26:55 PM, TBR wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

Wylted likes to reassign politicians to party's and ideologies to suit his needs. He likes calling Bush a democrat.

Did he shrink the size and scope of government or expand it?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:54:09 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:51:32 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

"If you actually look at [Trump's] policies and the ones he'd actually be able to implement, he'd move America closer to the values and vision of it's Libertarian founding forefathers" - http://www.debate.org...

I'll leave it to our spectators to determine whether or not I strawmanned your argument. That quote pretty much speaks for itself.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:55:46 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:54:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 3/17/2016 2:51:32 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

"If you actually look at [Trump's] policies and the ones he'd actually be able to implement, he'd move America closer to the values and vision of it's Libertarian founding forefathers" - http://www.debate.org...

I'll leave it to our spectators to determine whether or not I strawmanned your argument. That quote pretty much speaks for itself.

Well you're an idiot if you thing the two statements are compatible.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:56:15 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:53:04 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/17/2016 2:26:55 PM, TBR wrote:

Yep, you're an idiot.

Did he shrink the size and scope of government or expand it?

WHy should that matter? If he did, and is a republican, then the republicans (at that time) wanted to expand government.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:02:03 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:44:31 PM, Romaniii wrote:

They'll make up anything and overlook anything to support him because they're mesmerized by his sales tactics.

Yes, we will overlook white lies and violations of political correctness, because we don't consider those things to be as morally repugant as you do. Your habit of self-righteously imposing your subjective moral judgments upon Trump and his supporters gets tiresome.

These moral judgments are normal. Things like compulsive lying are base norms for immorality. That you would be so willing to accept that he lies, and say "no big deal" is very sad.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:33:21 PM
At 3/17/2016 3:02:03 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/17/2016 2:44:31 PM, Romaniii wrote:

These moral judgments are normal. Things like compulsive lying are base norms for immorality. That you would be so willing to accept that he lies, and say "no big deal" is very sad.

The way Trump lies is annoying -- it's so casual and so frequent, its an inextricable component of his self-expression, a reflex.... but it's not even the main reason why he's unfit to be president. He is a vulgarian -- a nasty person who preys on people's anger and insecurities, equivocates on the subject of violence and rioting, equivocates on rejecting hate groups, accosts reporters, hurls all kinds of invectives at anyone who says anything he doesn't like, speaks in loose and offensive generalizations about minorities, and says he would go after the families of terrorists and expand the use of torture. Everything about him is abhorrent to a civilized mind.

One of the stupidest arguments Romanii has concocted (of which there are many) is that we're somehow bigots for rejecting Trump on the basis that we find him immoral. lol like, can you think of anything more absurd? What higher evaluative standard is there except your perception of another person's basic humanity? If you find the person behaves in a way that is unethical, then that's pretty much the strongest grounding for condemnation.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:41:35 PM
At 3/17/2016 2:31:09 PM, Romaniii wrote:
*sigh*

You guys are hopeless.

If it makes you feel better, I support Trump as well.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:45:30 PM

Why are you so worried my friend. Dont you know that Trump is not a real politician or Republican.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:46:00 PM

Why are you so worried my friend. Dont you know that Trump is not a real politician or Republican. Let me guess, you dont know do you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:46:08 PM

Why are you so worried my friend. Dont you know that Trump is not a real politician or Republican. Let me guess, you dont know do you.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:54:39 PM
At 3/17/2016 3:46:08 PM, inferno wrote:

What does that even mean, and why was it important enough for three reply's, and how did you even do that without the thing barking about "not unique"?