Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Is there any reasoning behind this stance?

Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 3:52:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
On the topic of abortion, a common stance is that abortion is immoral but it should be legal. I can see why an anarchist would believe this, but I find the stance to be common among libertarians and I don't see any reasoning behind it. If you agree with this stance, answer these questions for me:

Why do you believe that abortion is immoral?

Why do you believe that abortion should be legal?
I don't have a signature. :-)
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 4:41:14 PM
At 3/17/2016 4:19:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Your body is property. Property rights are important.

Do you believe that abortion is immoral?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:43:33 PM
At 3/17/2016 3:52:48 PM, Bob13 wrote:
On the topic of abortion, a common stance is that abortion is immoral but it should be legal. I can see why an anarchist would believe this, but I find the stance to be common among libertarians and I don't see any reasoning behind it.

Even if we were to accept abortion is immoral, it doesn't matter because the notion is that if abortion were illegal, it wouldnt deter the amount of abortions. Thus, even if it were immoral, making it illegal wouldn't do anything but harm more mothers through dangerous abortions.

If you agree with this stance, answer these questions for me:

No

Yes
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:46:06 PM
At 3/17/2016 5:43:33 PM, Hayd wrote:
On the topic of abortion, a common stance is that abortion is immoral but it should be legal. I can see why an anarchist would believe this, but I find the stance to be common among libertarians and I don't see any reasoning behind it.

Even if we were to accept abortion is immoral, it doesn't matter because the notion is that if abortion were illegal, it wouldnt deter the amount of abortions. Thus, even if it were immoral, making it illegal wouldn't do anything but harm more mothers through dangerous abortions.

No

Yes

A question beginning with "why" can't be answered with yes or no. I was asking people who agree with the stance to explain their reasoning.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 5:59:58 PM
At 3/17/2016 5:46:06 PM, Bob13 wrote:
At 3/17/2016 5:43:33 PM, Hayd wrote:

No

Yes

A question beginning with "why" can't be answered with yes or no. I was asking people who agree with the stance to explain their reasoning.

Lol my bad, didn't read it well. My apologies
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:03:02 PM
On the topic of abortion, a common stance is that abortion is immoral but it should be legal. I can see why an anarchist would believe this, but I find the stance to be common among libertarians and I don't see any reasoning behind it. If you agree with this stance, answer these questions for me:

The fetus isn't human, nor can it feel pain. Since sentience is basis of morality, (pleasure/suffering), fetus can't be considered morally relevant.

Because it ends teenage pregnancy, which if not allowed to end, ruins someones life. And, if it were to be illegal, back alley abortions would happen which are dangerous
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:03:28 PM
At 3/17/2016 4:19:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Your body is property. Property rights are important.

First you must negate that fetus is life, since right to life outweighs property