Jump to topic:

George Bush: Decision Points

THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 8:22:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I would like to know peoples thoughts on George Bush's new book Decision Points and what you think about the many interviews he has been on and how he answered the many questions about his book and his administration
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 11:40:10 AM
He did not write it and he has never read it. He has simply been briefed on what to say about it. There will be nothing of value in his book or in his answers to questions, unless he accidentally says something he was not meant to.

Like claiming to have watched the first impact on TV.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 11:44:47 AM
I'm going to tee-pee his house . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 12:15:46 PM
At 11/13/2010 11:44:47 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I'm going to burn dog poo on his porch . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 12:21:30 PM
At 11/13/2010 12:15:46 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 11/13/2010 11:44:47 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I'm going to burn dog poo on his porch . . .

Nobody cares.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 4:09:25 PM
At 11/13/2010 11:40:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
He did not write it and he has never read it. He has simply been briefed on what to say about it. There will be nothing of value in his book or in his answers to questions, unless he accidentally says something he was not meant to.

So what exactly is the evidence of him not writing it?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 6:11:54 PM
He did not write it and he has never read it.

Yes he did. He did the auto-book.

He has simply been briefed on what to say about it. There will be nothing of value in his book or in his answers to questions, unless he accidentally says something he was not meant to.

I thought it was good. It made me realize that he did what he really thought was right. It did not matter. He changed his principles right after 9/11. He went from a Small Government Republican to a Big Government Neo- Conservative. He thought it was the only choice after 9/11.

I respect him after reading this book.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 6:12:41 PM
At 11/13/2010 4:09:25 PM, mongoose wrote:

He must be kidding, or never read it.

He wrote it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 6:45:06 PM
This is a pretty decent review ( http://www.time.com... ). I don't think there's evidence that he didn't write it. He probably had a co-author like most every other political figure who writes, but so what? I don't think I'll be reading this book -- not only do I think most of it will probably be BS, but simply there are tons of other things ahead of this on my list.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2010 7:21:28 PM
At 11/13/2010 6:45:06 PM, theLwerd wrote:
This is a pretty decent review ( http://www.time.com... ). I don't think there's evidence that he didn't write it. He probably had a co-author like most every other political figure who writes, but so what? I don't think I'll be reading this book -- not only do I think most of it will probably be BS, but simply there are tons of other things ahead of this on my list.

I read it already. It is good. Very simple read.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 12:23:48 AM
At 11/13/2010 4:09:25 PM, mongoose wrote:

If he wrote it then it would go a little like this,

hello i wuz wonce the pressident, i wus a gud resident, ppl say i wus bad, butt eye was a war presentient and i relly killed lotsa arabs, now obamala will heard u all into yuniveral helf care gas chambers! i lieked konquering iranistan and meking them demokratic...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 12:52:54 AM
At 11/14/2010 12:23:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If he wrote it then it would go a little like this,

hello i wuz wonce the pressident, i wus a gud resident, ppl say i wus bad, butt eye was a war presentient and i relly killed lotsa arabs, now obamala will heard u all into yuniveral helf care gas chambers! i lieked konquering iranistan and meking them demokratic...

lol. xD
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2010 9:03:48 PM
Bush passed Obama in popularity a few months back. Interesting how Bush is looking smart and Obama not-so-smart these days. Bush is far more rational than the reflexive Bush haters. Clearly, critics have a religion in which Bush is the devil

I haven't read the book yet, but in the interviews he comes across clearly and makes sense. He refuses to comment on Obama, current affairs, or his critics.

Including TARP, the total deficit under eight years of Bush was $2.7 trillion. $500 million of TARP has been repaid, making the Bush total $2.3 trillion. The Obama deficit total in less than two years is around $3 trillion, and are projected to run at close a trillion for a few years, then start climbing. An eight year Obama Administration run about $9 trillion in deficits, according to projections.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2010 9:44:13 PM
At 11/13/2010 7:21:28 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/13/2010 6:45:06 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I read it already. It is good. Very simple read.

Proof that it was written by George W. Bush.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 5:51:12 PM
Liberals have long closed their minds to the thought of Bush being justified in some way - they have no reason to read it. As comon's example attests to, this book will do much to quell the lingering doubts of conservatives who can use it to feel a little less anxious about how wrong his Presidency was. Nothing he can write in that book is going to change what I saw in those 8 years.
no comment
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:39:54 AM
At 11/16/2010 5:51:12 PM, Caramel wrote:
Liberals have long closed their minds to the thought of Bush being justified in some way - they have no reason to read it.

If he could not justify himself at the time, and indeed was well noted for his failure to understand the issues and for his dishonesty in presenting them, then why should we place any credence in the authors of this book?