Jump to topic:

Most Racist US States *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:09:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Okay, here we go. How many of you DDO users here live in the US. One, two, three.
Well you may not know as much as you think you know about the very place that you dwell. But after today, you are going to learn a whole lot about the many different
demographics here in the US right now. It is utterly mindblowing ! A must see.
Where do you live again. Hmmmm. Oh is that so. Any comments, or questions.
And please don't hold back. See the link below for more info. =)

http://www.thetoptens.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:12:46 PM
I can't believe that despite being the home of the Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church's HQ, that Kansas is number 40 on the list.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:16:10 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:12:46 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I can't believe that despite being the home of the Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church's HQ, that Kansas is number 40 on the list.

Kansas is seen as a neutral state. There haven't been too many stories about racial tensions in that area fortunately. But I have a female friend who lives in Alabama.
And she told me the Blacks and Whites there really do co exist with one another.
And there is not a whole lot of interracial couples there like it is in other Southern
states. I just got finish reading the summary about Bama and its kinda sad actually. Its amazing how some of these regions really are stuck in a time zone, and refuses to acknowledge the change of things in a modern world. Its astounding.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:19:20 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:16:10 PM, inferno wrote:

Kansas is seen as a neutral state. There haven't been too many stories about racial tensions in that area fortunately. But I have a female friend who lives in Alabama.
And she told me the Blacks and Whites there really do co exist with one another.
And there is not a whole lot of interracial couples there like it is in other Southern
states. I just got finish reading the summary about Bama and its kinda sad actually. Its amazing how some of these regions really are stuck in a time zone, and refuses to acknowledge the change of things in a modern world. Its astounding.

There's really not an issue between blacks and whites, Southwestern Kansas has a large Hispanic population. I guess I can see that there's not much of an issue there. We do have some Klan followings though.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:24:24 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:19:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

There's really not an issue between blacks and whites, Southwestern Kansas has a large Hispanic population. I guess I can see that there's not much of an issue there. We do have some Klan followings though.

There are actually some Klu Klux Klan members here on DDO. But I do get what you are saying. There isn't an unusual amount of Blacks in that part of the nation.
There are a lot of Nazis though, and people who seem to harbor hatred for people of color. Kansas is said to be like the land of the forgotten, so mainstream kinda overlooks things there. Now if you go into more mainstream states such as Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and The Lou. This is where you see the madness even though they are more diversified.

By the way, how about that Mississippi being number one on the list. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:37:52 PM

This also depicts what is going to happen in the up and coming November election.
Most of the states that Trump has won have this nationalist mentality.
But people don't understand its a color wall here in the US that works against
the Republican party right now today.
What do you think.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 4:59:14 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:24:24 PM, inferno wrote:

There are actually some Klu Klux Klan members here on DDO. But I do get what you are saying. There isn't an unusual amount of Blacks in that part of the nation.
There are a lot of Nazis though, and people who seem to harbor hatred for people of color. Kansas is said to be like the land of the forgotten, so mainstream kinda overlooks things there. Now if you go into more mainstream states such as Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and The Lou. This is where you see the madness even though they are more diversified.

I don't know. I'm surprised it wasn't South Carolina.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:01:36 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:37:52 PM, inferno wrote:

This also depicts what is going to happen in the up and coming November election.
What do you think.

As much as I like for the Republican Party to change, I would rather it move towards being more liberal economically instead of the Neo-Con layout they've adopted. I'm completely against Trump and much of his ideas to the point I'd rather have a Clinton in the White House and I would hate to have another Clinton in the White House so you know how much I hate Trump.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:05:02 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:59:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/22/2016 4:24:24 PM, inferno wrote:

I don't know. I'm surprised it wasn't South Carolina.

I don't believe that South Carolina is all that racist now. I mean maybe back during the 80's when everything really was just Black and White. But there is so much diversity here now, especially along the coastal regions, you'd almost think you were living in a circus. But this state is no way near as racist as Mississippi, or an Alabama for that matter. I think Georgia is worse than we are, especially South Georgia. Klan territory there, and a bunch of Confederate flags, too.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 5:29:03 PM
At 3/22/2016 5:01:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/22/2016 4:37:52 PM, inferno wrote:

What do you think.

As much as I like for the Republican Party to change, I would rather it move towards being more liberal economically instead of the Neo-Con layout they've adopted. I'm completely against Trump and much of his ideas to the point I'd rather have a Clinton in the White House and I would hate to have another Clinton in the White House so you know how much I hate Trump.

Even more noticeable were the things said about Indiana, and Penn.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 7:45:53 PM
This list appears to be entirely opinion-based. My state was named #5, seemingly for voting Republican.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 7:59:02 PM
At 3/22/2016 7:45:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
This list appears to be entirely opinion-based. My state was named #5, seemingly for voting Republican.

Hold on. How can you say this list was (opinion) based when the majority of these
testimonials or complaints are from real life people. People who have experienced
the actual climate of these states. I thought it was pretty accurate knowing what I know and have seen in the Bible belt of the US.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 8:06:03 PM
At 3/22/2016 7:59:02 PM, inferno wrote:

Hold on. How can you say this list was (opinion) based when the majority of these
testimonials or complaints are from real life people. People who have experienced
the actual climate of these states. I thought it was pretty accurate knowing what I know and have seen in the Bible belt of the US.

I don't know what you've seen but...
As a white, I wouldn't have experienced racism, but if it were rampant I would've at least witnessed it and yet I have not. I have never in my 19 years of life seen a black man in public being discriminated against in any way or being referred to by a racial slur.
Racism exists, sure, but the South is by no means a giant KKK fortress.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 8:23:28 PM
At 3/22/2016 8:06:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I don't know what you've seen but...
As a white, I wouldn't have experienced racism, but if it were rampant I would've at least witnessed it and yet I have not. I have never in my 19 years of life seen a black man in public being discriminated against in any way or being referred to by a racial slur.
Racism exists, sure, but the South is by no means a giant KKK fortress.

You say this because you have not experienced what others have. Youre only 19 years of age. And your level of awareness is not as high as others. So perhaps you're one of those type that will stick their heads in the sand and be like. Hear no evil, see no evil. Evil doesn't exist.
Nothing could be further from the truth my friend. Behind closed doors is where
the devil lies. And believe me I have seen a LOT of things in this world that would immediately change your current perspective on race.

Comment.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:10:13 PM

That's because New Orleans is racist and hostile to whites, who don't belong in the chocolate city.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:22:23 PM
At 3/22/2016 9:10:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

That's because New Orleans is racist and hostile to whites, who don't belong in the chocolate city.

I am sure there are some Whites who have been discriminated against.
And there are many who feel this way in mostly Black communities.
Wouldn't you agree.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:38:56 PM

New Orleans I thought was a melting pot Parrot. =)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:44:13 PM
At 3/22/2016 9:38:56 PM, inferno wrote:

A melting chocolate pot :)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:45:31 PM
At 3/22/2016 9:44:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Have you ever experienced discrimination in the state of Louisiana at all in your lifetime.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:59:17 PM

South Carolina changed since the flag came down. I notice the attitudes in people more.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:00:30 PM
At 3/22/2016 9:45:31 PM, inferno wrote:
At 3/22/2016 9:44:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Have you ever experienced discrimination in the state of Louisiana at all in your lifetime.

I think it was a good experience.My experiences with black racism up close and personal has made me a very strong advocate against racism in general.

I firmly believe the end of racism starts with unity of purpose. There will be a final evolution of the 14th amendment when all protected classes are abolished, and everyone is seen as an American, not some quasi-American.

Maybe ISIS and a Mexican cultural invasion is just what this country needs to make racism obsolete.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:04:49 PM

Because people can never make up stories, right?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:18:40 PM
At 3/22/2016 10:04:49 PM, Torton wrote:

No they don't make up their stories. I have talked to people in real life who visit from up North, and they share with me their experiences of coming down South.
What I have seen on that link is pretty accurate for the most part.
With that being said, the focus was on race. Nobody really said Whites in general were racist. Unless you took offense to that notion. If so, then that's not the intention.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:19:38 PM
At 3/22/2016 10:04:49 PM, Torton wrote:

And I see you live in Texas. Please don't make me laugh. Please, I'm begging you. =)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:41:58 PM
At 3/22/2016 4:09:13 PM, inferno wrote:
Okay, here we go. How many of you DDO users here live in the US. One, two, three.
Well you may not know as much as you think you know about the very place that you dwell. But after today, you are going to learn a whole lot about the many different

Which states are most racist towards whites? Illinois, California? Yep, I said it. Racism is what white people do. Nope it's happening with every group. I'm not walking into Compton, CA. I'd be shot dead before I got halfway in.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 10:13:05 PM

LOL at THIS in a vote condemning PA as racist: 'I am a Black woman who was married to a White man of German descent who was from Lehigh and it was the biggest mistake that I could have ever made in life! I found out that this Area of Pennsylvania is full of German/PA Dutch White people and I discovered that even if they are educated they lack common sense, their comprehension is low, and they can share your bed and have children with you and still have a superiority complex. I have also discovered that this genre of people, especially the Germans are very dangerous in that you can lose everything in dealing with them because they are calculated, cold, and evil. I know understand how they could pull off something as horrible as the holocaust and not flinch.'

Wow. Lack of self-awareness to the MAX.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
lamerde
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 10:16:43 PM

That's because New Orleans is racist and hostile to mayonnaise, who don't belong in the chocolate city.

Fixed.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 10:33:45 PM
At 3/23/2016 10:16:43 PM, lamerde wrote:

That's because New Orleans is racist and hostile to mayonnaise, who don't belong in the chocolate city.

Fixed.

yum
Selcouth_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 2:38:57 AM

"The most racist people I have ever met, vein born and raised in New York City, were white people, who for some odd reason hated other white people."
That is...

really accurate, actually.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~ Charles Bukowski

Formerly known as kawaii_crazy. I'm back.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:12:01 PM
At 3/22/2016 10:41:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Which states are most racist towards whites? Illinois, California? Yep, I said it. Racism is what white people do. Nope it's happening with every group. I'm not walking into Compton, CA. I'd be shot dead before I got halfway in.

Explain your answer please.