Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Issues you disagree with your party

vortex86
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:37:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

Great topic. I ask a question similar to this before deciding if I want to discuss politics with them.

When someone is a Democrat I ask them to give me faults in Obama's presidency, and I ask Republicans what positive things he's done. This is asking someone to be objective for a moment and not follow the party lines completely.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:42:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I identify as independent.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:44:04 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:42:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I identify as independent.

Well are there any views you have that you would consider to be something that most progressives don't support?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:45:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
When I came to this site, you were like the most prominent anti gay marriage guy on the site lol.

Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:46:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:44:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:42:55 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I identify as independent.

Well are there any views you have that you would consider to be something that most progressives don't support?

"Progressive", despite some attempts to force it upon others as a very small group, is rather broad. I don't see the point in trying to figure out an exact set of beliefs that is "progressive".
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:48:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

Nothing because my made-up party is my own.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:50:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:45:07 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
When I came to this site, you were like the most prominent anti gay marriage guy on the site lol.


I mean, the arguments against it are still fairly strong, but as a Federalist I think each state should choose. That means I oppose the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling.

If my state (it was legal before Obergefell though) had a vote on legalizing SSM, I would probably vote yes. I just don't really care if gay people marry or not.

Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,682
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:59:16 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Marijuana Legalisation (Before, the NDP was just for a "decriminalization" before switching to complete legalisation to score to political points against the Liberals)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:06:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

So you're for or against stricter gun control?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:09:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:06:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

So you're for or against stricter gun control?

against. It's not because I'm a gun nut. I think we are wasting time on this issue on restricting guns, and need to focus on the root causes like improving mental health, ending the drug war. That being said, I'm strongly believe in background checks. It's stupid to think criminals and mentally ill people have the right to bear arms.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:38:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.

And expanding welfare is a contrarian view to the Democratic party??
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:39:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

On a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being very very strongly), how much do you support the abolition of the Fed?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:41:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

Similar to the question above, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 very very strongly), how much do you actually support open borders?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:47:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:38:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.

And expanding welfare is a contrarian view to the Democratic party??

No, it's a contrarian view to me. The views I listed are what the issues I disagree with the party on.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 8:48:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:47:32 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:38:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.

And expanding welfare is a contrarian view to the Democratic party??

No, it's a contrarian view to me. The views I listed are what the issues I disagree with the party on.

Oh. I thought you had said earlier (not in this thread) that you supported expanding welfare...
You should seriously check out my thread tho.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:32:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Really the only thing I can think of is drug laws. I think they need to be loosened, especially for marijuana. This is not a major issue for me, though. I could point to other minor issues but they are mostly because they aren't conservative enough.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:34:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 9:32:30 PM, TN05 wrote:
I could point to other minor issues but they are mostly because they aren't conservative enough.

^ I agree.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:36:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

I guess I don't agree with the War on Terror, or support the death penalty.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:41:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:48:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:47:32 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:38:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.

And expanding welfare is a contrarian view to the Democratic party??

No, it's a contrarian view to me. The views I listed are what the issues I disagree with the party on.

Oh. I thought you had said earlier (not in this thread) that you supported expanding welfare...
You should seriously check out my thread tho.

I changed my stance
I will
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 9:42:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 9:41:06 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:48:46 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:47:32 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:38:09 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:34:48 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:32:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:30:56 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Any issues?

For me it's

stricter gun control
Expanding Welfare

What party are you actually?

Actually I'm independent, but I support the Democrats 99% of the time. This time it might be the Libertarian Party.

And expanding welfare is a contrarian view to the Democratic party??

No, it's a contrarian view to me. The views I listed are what the issues I disagree with the party on.

Oh. I thought you had said earlier (not in this thread) that you supported expanding welfare...
You should seriously check out my thread tho.

I changed my stance
I will

Smart boy.
Thanks! :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:35:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:39:38 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

On a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being very very strongly), how much do you support the abolition of the Fed?

negative 10
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:35:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 8:41:57 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

Similar to the question above, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 very very strongly), how much do you actually support open borders?

Politically infeasible, so 5.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:58:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 12:35:46 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:41:57 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

Similar to the question above, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 very very strongly), how much do you actually support open borders?

Politically infeasible, so 5.

That's what I was assuming.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:58:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 12:35:08 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2016 8:39:38 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/24/2016 7:43:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Immigration.
Gay Marriage.
Drug Legalization.
Global warming (kinda).
Federal Reserve.

On a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being very very strongly), how much do you support the abolition of the Fed?

negative 10

Lol, alright. Why?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW