Jump to topic:

Saudi Arabia Is an ISIS that Made It

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:22:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Saudi Arabia has made coming out on the internet punishable by death.

This is especially concerning, where the US Federal Government is trying to force tech companies to decrypt its own software. If that technology were in the hands of the Saudi Arabian government, it could lay the foundation for the state sanctioned mass murder of people on the basis of their sexuality.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:35:40 PM
I think that as a nation where Islam is the established religion Saudi Arabia should be able to outlaw homosexuality. However, they should deal with gay people far differently.
Instead of executions:

-Therapy (Lawrence J. Hatterer, anyone?)
-Relatively short periods of imprisonment for homosexual acts
-Castration
-Deportation (the state pays for your resettlement or your assets in Saudi Arabia are used to pay for your resettlement; there is an established host country which all Saudi gays are sent to and they are given asylum and eventual citizenship)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:41:07 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:35:40 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I think that as a nation where Islam is the established religion Saudi Arabia should be able to outlaw homosexuality. However, they should deal with gay people far differently.
Instead of executions:

-Castration
-Deportation (the state pays for your resettlement or your assets in Saudi Arabia are used to pay for your resettlement; there is an established host country which all Saudi gays are sent to and they are given asylum and eventual citizenship)

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen another member on this site write.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:45:40 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:41:07 PM, YYW wrote:
Instead of executions:

-Castration

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen another member on this site write.

I suppose it's only natural that we would disagree on this.

The DDO Blog:

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:54:14 PM
Instead of executions:

-Castration

Just call yourself an Islamic Extremist already.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:55:06 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:41:07 PM, YYW wrote:
Instead of executions:

-Castration

^This.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:03:43 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:54:14 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Instead of executions:

-Castration

I'm not Muslim.

The DDO Blog:

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 10:08:21 PM
At 3/26/2016 10:03:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/26/2016 9:54:14 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Instead of executions:

-Castration

I'm not Muslim.

You certainly sound like one.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:18:52 PM
At 3/26/2016 9:22:46 PM, YYW wrote:

This is especially concerning, where the US Federal Government is trying to force tech companies to decrypt its own software. If that technology were in the hands of the Saudi Arabian government, it could lay the foundation for the state sanctioned mass murder of people on the basis of their sexuality.

It hurts to think that we're allied with those lunatics.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:20:19 PM
At 3/26/2016 11:18:52 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Indeed, it's shocking that we allow themselves to call the United States an "ally." The Saudi government is the most repulsive, barbaric, terrorist-supporting, illegitimate, egregious political entity other than North Korea, on the face of this earth.
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:29:50 PM
At 3/26/2016 11:20:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Indeed, it's shocking that we allow themselves to call the United States an "ally." The Saudi government is the most repulsive, barbaric, terrorist-supporting, illegitimate, egregious political entity other than North Korea, on the face of this earth.

And even regarding diplomacy, they're literally our useless ally. When has Saudi Arabia actually tried to fight ISIS, take in Syrian refugees, or help us out in literally any way other than giving us oil? They also fund a lot of the terrorism we try to fight against. It really is disappointing that we go far too lightly on them and never pressure them into anything
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:37:51 PM
At 3/26/2016 11:29:50 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

And even regarding diplomacy, they're literally our useless ally. When has Saudi Arabia actually tried to fight ISIS,

They won't. Saudi Arabia likes ISIS.

take in Syrian refugees,

Well, no one should be taking in Syrian refugees, and, frankly, Bashir al Assad is a more legitimate leader than the House of Saud.

or help us out in literally any way other than giving us oil?

They don't "give" us oil.... they sell it to us at outrageously high prices because Arabs in the middle east have formed an oil cartel for the purpose of controlling prices and bleeding the West dry.

They also fund a lot of the terrorism we try to fight against.

Yes, they do. They are a terrorist supporting state, to an even greater extent than Pakistan or Iran.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:43:12 PM

Yet another reason to vote Trump. Trump would force "allies" to pay dearly for this behavior. (I can imagine the cigar room talk going down like this: So you wanna kill the gays? I'll just triple US oil shale production. How about it now Saudi? Who's your daddy? That's right.)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:46:10 PM
At 3/26/2016 11:43:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Yet another reason to vote Trump. Trump would force "allies" to pay dearly for this behavior. (I can imagine the cigar room talk going down like this: So you wanna kill the gays? I'll just triple US oil shale production. How about it now Saudi? Who's your daddy? That's right.)

Damn right.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:54:57 PM
At 3/26/2016 11:46:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Damn right.

Meanwhile, Shillary would be doing a classical Euro tour, and speaking to the UN about how terrible things are, and lets talk sanctions, and bla bla, and doesn't that look good enough for the press? Yes, my managers say it's fine.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016
At 3/26/2016 11:46:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Damn right.

Judging by some of Trump's comments, it seems he would actually deal with Saudi Arabia the right way. Clinton on the other hand...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:32:13 AM

Worst part. Getting rid of the King will result in more terrorists, because the country will be unstable What a pathetic situation for the West.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:19:04 AM

Allied? That's the least of it. The West put them in to power, and stabbed much more moderate, traditional Muslims in the back while doing it, because we thought that they would do our bidding more efficiently.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 6:53:10 PM

- I don't think so. Source? That's outright anti-Islamic.

- LOL! No such thing.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...