Jump to topic:

Thirteen Realities

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:06:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
1. Gawker magazine should be sued out of business and legal protections that enable people who publish things like Hulk Hogan's sex tape should be weakened.

2. Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States.

3. There is no way to achieve peace in the Middle East, or to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict without normalizing relations with Iran.

4. China and Russia are the only world powers that can get North Korea under control. Singapore, however, could very realistically play a strong diplomatic role.

5. Targeted killings are the most effective foreign policy tool at the United States' disposal at this time.

6. Hillary Clinton's foreign policy will drag us back into war in the Middle East.

7. The Trans Pacific Partnership will project American economic power at the expense of American workers.

8. The United States' most substantial geopolitical threat is the possibility of an alliance between China and Russia forming out of common opposition to the United States, NATO and Western Europe, generally.

9. Electing any president other than Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump will result in perpetual war in the Middle East for the next four years.

10. Establishment democrats who are voting for Clinton do so at the risk of future peril for the Democratic party.

11. The more left-wing protesters protest Donald Trump, the stronger he will become. The more non-Trump supporting republicans blame Trump for the violence, the more likely Trump will be to become the president of the United States.

12. Ted Cruz is the most dangerous man in the Republican party; Donald Trump is an infinitely more reasonable candidate than Cruz.

13. Bernie Sanders' supporters embody both the best people in America, and some of the most disgusting, entitled, spoiled, intellectually depraved Millennials I have ever seen or encountered.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:04:55 AM
At 3/26/2016 11:06:48 PM, YYW wrote:
1. Gawker magazine should be sued out of business and legal protections that enable people who publish things like Hulk Hogan's sex tape should be weakened.

3. There is no way to achieve peace in the Middle East, or to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict without normalizing relations with Iran.

4. China and Russia are the only world powers that can get North Korea under control. Singapore, however, could very realistically play a strong diplomatic role.

5. Targeted killings are the most effective foreign policy tool at the United States' disposal at this time.

6. Hillary Clinton's foreign policy will drag us back into war in the Middle East.

7. The Trans Pacific Partnership will project American economic power at the expense of American workers.

8. The United States' most substantial geopolitical threat is the possibility of an alliance between China and Russia forming out of common opposition to the United States, NATO and Western Europe, generally.

9. Electing any president other than Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump will result in perpetual war in the Middle East for the next four years.

10. Establishment democrats who are voting for Clinton do so at the risk of future peril for the Democratic party.

11. The more left-wing protesters protest Donald Trump, the stronger he will become. The more non-Trump supporting republicans blame Trump for the violence, the more likely Trump will be to become the president of the United States.

12. Ted Cruz is the most dangerous man in the Republican party; Donald Trump is an infinitely more reasonable candidate than Cruz.

13. Bernie Sanders' supporters embody both the best people in America, and some of the most disgusting, entitled, spoiled, intellectually depraved Millennials I have ever seen or encountered.

14: Trump is the modern day Teddy Roosevelt. If he doesn't get the nomination, he will run a bull moose type party.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:17:16 AM

I think the branch devote dentirely to getting dirt on celebrities (Deadspin) is doing exactly that, but not Gawker itself

Lol

I can buy that

That would imply that we were ever really NOT at war in the Middle East in the first place, which is a false assumption to make

China and Russia had a bit of a falling out in the 1960's

Perpetual war will happen no matter who is in office. Last time I checked Trump wanted to invade Syria, so he definitely wouldnt keep us out of perpetual war if elected XD

Voting for Sanders puts the future of the party at risk since the Dem party under Sanders would move faster and further to the left than the American public currently is, meaning the GOP would become more appealing. Clinton at least keeps the party where its at.

That works in primaries but it wont work in the general election where Trump scares the living sh** out of people.

lol

Its mostly that second option
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:24:13 AM
At 3/27/2016 12:17:16 AM, imabench wrote:

I think the branch devote dentirely to getting dirt on celebrities (Deadspin) is doing exactly that, but not Gawker itself

Lol

I can buy that

That would imply that we were ever really NOT at war in the Middle East in the first place, which is a false assumption to make

Perpetual war will happen no matter who is in office. Last time I checked Trump wanted to invade Syria, so he definitely wouldnt keep us out of perpetual war if elected XD

Voting for Sanders puts the future of the party at risk since the Dem party under Sanders would move faster and further to the left than the American public currently is, meaning the GOP would become more appealing. Clinton at least keeps the party where its at.

That works in primaries but it wont work in the general election where Trump scares the living sh** out of people.

lol

Shall I clear up your misconceptions?
Tsar of DDO
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:34:40 AM

Agreed.

2. Donald Drumpf will be the next president of the United States.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I am curious as to how you think that happens. What is your electoral map (270towin.com)?

Modify that to "there is no way to achieve peace" and you'd be right.

Agreed.

Pretty close.

We're already in war in the middle east.

Meh.

I'd wager a close one would be a united South American power bloc (maybe including some of central America/Mexico). Closer to the homeland.

9. Electing any president other than Bernie Sanders or Donald Drumpf will result in perpetual war in the Middle East for the next four years.

Lol.

Agreed.

11. The more left-wing protesters protest Donald Drumpf, the stronger he will become. The more non-Drumpf supporting republicans blame Drumpf for the violence, the more likely Drumpf will be to become the president of the United States.

Not really.

12. Ted Cruz is the most dangerous man in the Republican party; Donald Drumpf is an infinitely more reasonable candidate than Cruz.

That would actually be Trump. Cruz is not reasonable, but he is at least sane. In that he doesn't change his views every five seconds or depending on the audience.

Many millennials suck. I'll take them any day over Baby Boomers, though.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:41:29 AM
At 3/27/2016 12:24:13 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2016 12:17:16 AM, imabench wrote:

Lol

I can buy that

lol

You can try
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:03:56 AM
At 3/27/2016 12:34:40 AM, TN05 wrote:
12. Ted Cruz is the most dangerous man in the Republican party; Donald Drumpf is an infinitely more reasonable candidate than Cruz.

That would actually be Trump.

Lol explain. I'm interested
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:28:18 AM
At 3/27/2016 1:03:56 AM, someloser wrote:
At 3/27/2016 12:34:40 AM, TN05 wrote:

That would actually be Trump.

Lol explain. I'm interested

This will be interesting.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:53:54 AM

Can you expand on this please?

Agreed.

Yup.

Mainly China. The question is do they even want to? N. Korea is no threat to them atm, they are wholly dependent on them to circumvent certain sanctions and to receive goods. I'd like to learn more about Singapore's role in all this.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:57:39 AM
At 3/27/2016 2:53:54 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Can you expand on this please?

I could, in another thread. Libel law is immensely complex for "public figures."

Agreed.

Yup.

Mainly China. The question is do they even want to? N. Korea is no threat to them atm, they are wholly dependent on them to circumvent certain sanctions and to receive goods. I'd like to learn more about Singapore's role in all this.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:04:00 AM
At 3/27/2016 2:59:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

In time... not really something I'm interested in doing now... just not that important atm.
Tsar of DDO
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:05:07 AM
Yes

Unfortunately yes

If that'll ever be achieved

North Korea is the little pug and China is its owner

Agreed

I wish her foreign policy was a good as she is at denying confidentiality

Yes

Agreed

I believe we'll be at war in the Middle East fighting Islamic Extremists for much longer than 4 years under any president

Yes - super-delegates

Yes reverse effect don't they learn?

Yes, the last thing we need is a polarizing ideologist as a president, but I definitely disagree on the latter

Agreed
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:08:02 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:04:00 AM, YYW wrote:

In time... not really something I'm interested in doing now... just not that important atm.

rats
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:08:48 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:08:02 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/27/2016 3:04:00 AM, YYW wrote:

rats

Will do it later. Watching a lecture right now...
Tsar of DDO