Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Narrative Conformity (e.g. Islam/Peace; BlackLivesMatter/Peaceful Protesters; and Feminism/Equality)
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

The above video explains how they are all interconnected. More should have been said about narrative conformity, as a stand in for "factual accuracy," but that perhaps requires its own treatise.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:08:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
To be very clear, political marxism is not cultural marxism. Political marxism views the world through the lens of class struggle, whereas cultural marxism sees the world through the oppressors/oppressed lens.

The former framework is not socioculturally toxic; the latter is. Marcuse, Adorno, (Andrea) Dworkin... their success and ideological proliferation marks the beginning of the end of Western civilization as it has existed since the enlightenment.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:20:41 AM
At 3/27/2016 2:14:33 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why are your ten-thousand character essay OPs being replaced recently with one-liners, youtube videos, and links to articles?

I think the biggest concern is that "Cultural Marxism" is centered around neo-Nazism and is a highlight of metapedia.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:33:55 AM
Why are your ten-thousand character essay OPs being replaced recently with one-liners, youtube videos, and links to articles?

Several reasons:

First, there are people on this website who perceive disagreement with their ideas as personal attacks. So, what they like to do is play this idiotic game whereby they want to make something I say about "me" and discuss how I am "attacking them" for whatever stupid reason they can come up with. I tire of those discussions, because they always turn sour and go off topic. I would link you to threads, but because I know what happens when I do... I'm less willing, now.

For example, because of how Whiteflame understands his role as a moderater whose selective enforcement of rules has had the literal effect of preventing me from making certain kinds of posts, because I don't want to be accused by him (namely due to others complaints) of "cross contamination" or to be accused by Airmax of "creating an environment where people get ensnared in conflict" where "I am the common denominator," in response to SJW member-whining, I avoid their self-serving feigned victimhood by referring people to someone else who more or less made the point I would have anyway.

That way, the discussion, if it happens, is more likely to be focused on the "ideas" and not the "speaker." So, realize that the change is very much a deliberate choice in response to the monumental idiocy that members who essentially make pastimes on this site out of feigning victimhood in response to their ideas being challenged; my method, more or less, is intended to preempt their foreseeable bullsh!t while at the same time creating the conditions where these ideas can be discussed.

Second, the demographics of the site have changed and I acknowledge that. People, especially kids, don't read ten thousand character essays. Some do, but most don't. Videos appeal to everyone, except those who think Youtube is beneath them.

Third, referring people to videos indicates that I'm not the only person saying these things, though I am often the only person on DDO who does, at the level I do. This keeps the conversation, again, focused on ideas more than personal animus that other members whose ideas I have historically challenged feel towards me. It's a way of introducing the ideological diversity of people who are on "my" side of the issue, as well. You will find people ranging from Bill Maher, Barack Obama, George Carlin, Sam Harris, Milo Yiannapoiulis, etc. on my side, and people should be aware of that simple fact.

I'm probably going to write something substantial about this, though, because it's an important issue.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:15:00 AM
At 3/27/2016 2:33:55 AM, YYW wrote:

For example, because of how Whiteflame understands his role as a moderater whose selective enforcement of rules has had the literal effect of preventing me from making certain kinds of posts, because I don't want to be accused by him (namely due to others complaints) of "cross contamination" or to be accused by Airmax of "creating an environment where people get ensnared in conflict" where "I am the common denominator," in response to SJW member-whining, I avoid their self-serving feigned victimhood by referring people to someone else who more or less made the point I would have anyway.

I am sorry.

You will find people ranging from Bill Maher, Barack Obama, George Carlin, Sam Harris, Milo Yiannapoiulis, etc. on my side, and people should be aware of that simple fact.

Example from Obama?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:19:05 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:15:00 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I am sorry.

I'm not. Their worldview will die out in the end, because it offers nothing other than perpetual conflict among increasingly categorized and rigidly defined groups of people who feign oppression. They are to ideological discourse what cancer is to life.

You will find people ranging from Bill Maher, Barack Obama, George Carlin, Sam Harris, Milo Yiannapoiulis, etc. on my side, and people should be aware of that simple fact.

Example from Obama?

He bitterly opposes on a personal level the outrage politics that have come to characterize the New Left.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:21:37 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:19:05 AM, YYW wrote:

He bitterly opposes on a personal level the outrage politics that have come to characterize the New Left.

Got any links?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:22:26 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:21:37 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Got any links?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:24:33 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:22:26 AM, YYW wrote:

Got any links?

An amazing article, and really raises my opinion of the man. I recommend this article to anyone, left or right.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:27:32 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:24:33 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/27/2016 3:22:26 AM, YYW wrote:

Got any links?

An amazing article, and really raises my opinion of the man. I recommend this article to anyone, left or right.

Yeah, it's really interesting, when you get to look into Obama's really closely held personal views, he is a 1970s liberal (meaning, simply, he's like a smarter version of George H.W. Bush).

He doesn't like #blacklivesmatter. He doesn't like neoliberal progressivism. He's "old school" which I think more people should have picked up on, when he picked Joe Biden as his VP.

Though, really, Biden has become more of a progressive over the years.
Tsar of DDO
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:38:29 AM
At 3/27/2016 2:05:00 AM, YYW wrote:

This is a list of concepts you should be familiar with:

Cultural Marxism
Critical Theory
Frankfurt School
Culture
Society
Political Correctness
Outrage Politics
Social Justice
Marcuse
Free Speech
Feminism
Neoprogressivism
Postcolonialism
Gender Studies
Race Studies
Identity Politics
Oppression
Marxism
Privilege
Minorities
Cisgender
White
Christianity
Oppressor and Oppressed
Transgenderism
Islam
Adorno
Psychology
Pathology
Postmodernism
Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Narrative Conformity (e.g. Islam/Peace; BlackLivesMatter/Peaceful Protesters; and Feminism/Equality)
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

The above video explains how they are all interconnected. More should have been said about narrative conformity, as a stand in for "factual accuracy," but that perhaps requires its own treatise.
I went to high school with tons of feminist, black lives matter SJWs.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:39:42 AM
At 3/27/2016 3:38:29 AM, Dilara wrote:

How did that go for you?
Tsar of DDO
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 11:07:35 PM
At 3/27/2016 3:39:42 AM, YYW wrote:

How did that go for you?

I tried to use facts to express my view points and argue but every time I did that I was called racist or sexist and shut down.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 11:09:17 PM
At 3/27/2016 11:07:35 PM, Dilara wrote:

How did that go for you?

I tried to use facts to express my view points and argue but every time I did that I was called racist or sexist and shut down.

Yup. That happens to pretty much everyone who challenges them.

Strange, isn't it... that something like that takes place on college campuses?
Tsar of DDO
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 12:45:40 AM
At 3/27/2016 11:09:17 PM, YYW wrote:

How did that go for you?

Did you see the video of the girl at Yale who literally said that Yale was supposed to be a home and wasn't a place intellectual discussion?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 12:46:18 AM
At 3/28/2016 12:45:40 AM, Dilara wrote:

How did that go for you?

Did you see the video of the girl at Yale who literally said that Yale was supposed to be a home and wasn't a place intellectual discussion?

No but given what I know of Yale, it hardly would surprise me.
Tsar of DDO
swindler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:42:42 PM

Several reasons:

First, there are people on this website who perceive disagreement with their ideas as personal attacks. So, what they like to do is play this idiotic game whereby they want to make something I say about "me" and discuss how I am "attacking them" for whatever stupid reason they can come up with. I tire of those discussions, because they always turn sour and go off topic. I would link you to threads, but because I know what happens when I do... I'm less willing, now.

That way, the discussion, if it happens, is more likely to be focused on the "ideas" and not the "speaker." So, realize that the change is very much a deliberate choice in response to the monumental idiocy that members who essentially make pastimes on this site out of feigning victimhood in response to their ideas being challenged; my method, more or less, is intended to preempt their foreseeable bullsh!t while at the same time creating the conditions where these ideas can be discussed.

Second, the demographics of the site have changed and I acknowledge that. People, especially kids, don't read ten thousand character essays. Some do, but most don't. Videos appeal to everyone, except those who think Youtube is beneath them.

Third, referring people to videos indicates that I'm not the only person saying these things, though I am often the only person on DDO who does, at the level I do. This keeps the conversation, again, focused on ideas more than personal animus that other members whose ideas I have historically challenged feel towards me. It's a way of introducing the ideological diversity of people who are on "my" side of the issue, as well. You will find people ranging from Bill Maher, Barack Obama, George Carlin, Sam Harris, Milo Yiannapoiulis, etc. on my side, and people should be aware of that simple fact.

I'm probably going to write something substantial about this, though, because it's an important issue.

First time I've seen someone on this site reference Milo Yiannopoulous. The guy's a riot!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:30:55 PM

Cultural Marxism
Critical Theory
Frankfurt School
Culture
Society
Political Correctness
Outrage Politics
Social Justice
Marcuse
Free Speech
Feminism
Neoprogressivism
Postcolonialism
Gender Studies
Race Studies
Identity Politics
Oppression
Marxism
Privilege
Minorities
Cisgender
White
Christianity
Oppressor and Oppressed
Transgenderism
Islam
Adorno
Psychology
Pathology
Postmodernism
Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

Sigh.....Im going to spend the rest of the day googling these terms, arent I?
Meh!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:05:10 AM
At 3/28/2016 11:30:55 PM, Axonly wrote:

Cultural Marxism
Critical Theory
Frankfurt School
Culture
Society
Political Correctness
Outrage Politics
Social Justice
Marcuse
Free Speech
Feminism
Neoprogressivism
Postcolonialism
Gender Studies
Race Studies
Identity Politics
Oppression
Marxism
Privilege
Minorities
Cisgender
White
Christianity
Oppressor and Oppressed
Transgenderism
Islam
Adorno
Psychology
Pathology
Postmodernism
Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

Sigh.....Im going to spend the rest of the day googling these terms, arent I?

Watch the video and it will start to make sense.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:24:31 AM

Cultural Marxism
Critical Theory
Frankfurt School
Culture
Society
Political Correctness
Outrage Politics
Social Justice
Marcuse
Free Speech
Feminism
Neoprogressivism
Postcolonialism
Gender Studies
Race Studies
Identity Politics
Oppression
Marxism
Privilege
Minorities
Cisgender
White
Christianity
Oppressor and Oppressed
Transgenderism
Islam
Adorno
Psychology
Pathology
Postmodernism
Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

I have been enjoying your posts while I wasn't posting during lent.

It is what people on the right realize is going on, but get shouted down for noting.

You may just end up a conservative if you keep this up!
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:32:11 AM
At 3/28/2016 12:46:18 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/28/2016 12:45:40 AM, Dilara wrote:

How did that go for you?

No but given what I know of Yale, it hardly would surprise me.
https://www.youtube.com... You have to watch that incident.

Also students at Yale signed a petition to an the first amendment.
https://www.youtube.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 4:55:40 AM
At 3/29/2016 2:24:31 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Cultural Marxism
Critical Theory
Frankfurt School
Culture
Society
Political Correctness
Outrage Politics
Social Justice
Marcuse
Free Speech
Feminism
Neoprogressivism
Postcolonialism
Gender Studies
Race Studies
Identity Politics
Oppression
Marxism
Privilege
Minorities
Cisgender
White
Christianity
Oppressor and Oppressed
Transgenderism
Islam
Adorno
Psychology
Pathology
Postmodernism
Phobia
Multiculturalism
Arabic Identity
Language Policing
Censorship
Controlling Discourse
Power/Prejudice duality
Necessary Illusions
Desolation Politics
Marginalization

I have been enjoying your posts while I wasn't posting during lent.

It is what people on the right realize is going on, but get shouted down for noting.

You may just end up a conservative if you keep this up!

I'm glad you have been enjoying my threads.

I am... conservative in the sense that I value many of the same things that conservatives do.

Like Western culture, and free speech.
Tsar of DDO