Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Trump's "mass deportation"

tejretics
Posts: 6,767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:45:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

You failed to mention his back and forth about immigration in the debates and how he did a behind the scenes deal with the New York Times. So I say no.
vortex86
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:51:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

I would say this is the least feasible of his plans on immigration. Deporting en masse is not fiscally a good idea. Always aim big though, and reach some middle area when bargaining.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 2:58:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:51:40 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

I would say this is the least feasible of his plans on immigration. Deporting en masse is not fiscally a good idea. Always aim big though, and reach some middle area when bargaining.

You mean always aim fake? Yeah, Donald is a fake Republican we know that. At least Cruz doesn't pander to DEMOCRATS!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:14:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

It's an opening position for negotiation.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:27:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Especially for the GOP who are fiscally conservative, I don't think there's any chance of this occurring. It's estimated that returning 11M people would cost between 400-600 billion. This does not include a large expansion of the court system and law enforcement to apprehend these people. Total cost could exceed 1 trillion. It's all posturing and pandering on Trump's part.
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:47:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 3:27:17 PM, Peepette wrote:
Especially for the GOP who are fiscally conservative, I don't think there's any chance of this occurring. It's estimated that returning 11M people would cost between 400-600 billion. This does not include a large expansion of the court system and law enforcement to apprehend these people. Total cost could exceed 1 trillion. It's all posturing and pandering on Trump's part.

I'm sure he will deport the fringe illegals doing the most harm, and then quietly status quo the rest.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:32:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 5:47:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/27/2016 3:27:17 PM, Peepette wrote:
Especially for the GOP who are fiscally conservative, I don't think there's any chance of this occurring. It's estimated that returning 11M people would cost between 400-600 billion. This does not include a large expansion of the court system and law enforcement to apprehend these people. Total cost could exceed 1 trillion. It's all posturing and pandering on Trump's part.

I'm sure he will deport the fringe illegals doing the most harm, and then quietly status quo the rest.

+1
Axonly
Posts: 2,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 5:49:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

No, it will never happen (Certainly hope it doesn't too)
"Hate begets hate"
v3nesl
Posts: 6,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:43:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 3:14:24 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

It's an opening position for negotiation.

That's probably the correct answer. And he's hinted at it being a 'for show' deportation anyway, where large numbers would come right back in.

The thing is - the standard GOP line of "secure the borders first, then do amnesty" - there is no way to secure the borders without deportation. It's kind of like saying "Let's stop crime first, then we'll hire some cops".

So really, and I'm not saying this as a Trump supporter, but the simple fact is, Trump is the only candidate of either party who is proposing that we take immigration law seriously. Which is pretty extraordinary place for our country to be at, ya know?
This space for rent.
Axonly
Posts: 2,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:31:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2016 5:49:30 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

No, it will never happen (Certainly hope it doesn't too)

Woo, 200th post, I agree with you.
"Hate begets hate"
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:34:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2016 11:31:42 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 3/28/2016 5:49:30 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

No, it will never happen (Certainly hope it doesn't too)

Woo, 200th post, I agree with you.

Can't you go spam the misc section instead?
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Axonly
Posts: 2,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:35:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2016 11:34:28 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/28/2016 11:31:42 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 3/28/2016 5:49:30 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

No, it will never happen (Certainly hope it doesn't too)

Woo, 200th post, I agree with you.

Can't you go spam the misc section instead?
?
"Hate begets hate"
someloser
Posts: 1,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 8:21:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
Is he really going to do it?

Most likely.

This oughta be good.
"Those in the crossing must in the end know what is mistaken by all urging for intelligibility: that every thinking of being, all philosophy, can never be confirmed by 'facts,' ie, by beings."
NothingSpecial99
Posts: 713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:01:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/27/2016 2:41:32 PM, tejretics wrote:
In August or so, Trump released a detailed immigration proposal. Part of that proposal was on the means to enforce mass-deportations.

http://www.msnbc.com...

Trump has been increasingly supportive of strong enforcement of immigration laws, including by carrying out mass deportations. Some pundits have called it "political posturing," which seems like a smart position, but does Trump's "detailed plan" outline mass-deportation?

Is he really going to do it?

I have no doubt that he'll make a good faith effort to do it. Congress will probably block in some way or another
Check your facts, not your privilege -- Christina Hoff Sommers

Trigger warning!! Trigger warning!! This is Ben Shapiro Thug Life. Trigger warning!! The Thug Life chose me. -- Ben Shapiro