Jump to topic:

Trump campaign manager arrested

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:24:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Corey Lewandowski was arrested this morning over the Michelle Fields assault. Charged with simple battery.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:32:56 PM
At 3/29/2016 3:24:08 PM, TN05 wrote:
Corey Lewandowski was arrested this morning over the Michelle Fields assault. Charged with simple battery.

no bail?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 4:59:40 PM
Lmfao has anyone actually seen the video? Apparently there are millions of assaults and batteries that occur every weekend at crowded nightclubs. What a stupid hatchet job
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:21:07 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

If he is acquitted, they could easily argue that Trump used money and influence to get the charges dismissed. If he loses, then Trump either abandons his manager who he was defending which shows a lack of loyalty or he continues to support him and is seen as a proponent for assault on a woman.

This is pretty much a lose lose situation for him. Although, I think if will have little to no effect on his support.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:26:33 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with this poor woman who bravely endured this incredibly vicious assault
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:03:53 PM
At 3/29/2016 4:59:40 PM, thett3 wrote:
Lmfao has anyone actually seen the video? Apparently there are millions of assaults and batteries that occur every weekend at crowded nightclubs. What a stupid hatchet job

Why is this the bar? Seriously, I don't get it. So, just better than a drunken a&&hole at a bar is good enough for you?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:07:08 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:03:53 PM, TBR wrote:

Why is this the bar? Seriously, I don't get it. So, just better than a drunken a&&hole at a bar is good enough for you?

I don't know what you're saying. If you watch the video and have even a shred of integrity you'll agree that claiming this is assault in any way is completely absurd. The standard to charge someone with simple battery in Florida is unwanted touching, so virtually everyone in that room committed simple battery and had it committed against them, including Donald Trump who either was nearly touched by her or was touched by her.

It's an obvious hatchet job
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:12:04 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:07:08 PM, thett3 wrote:

I don't know what you're saying. If you watch the video and have even a shred of integrity you'll agree that claiming this is assault in any way is completely absurd. The standard to charge someone with simple battery in Florida is unwanted touching, so virtually everyone in that room committed simple battery and had it committed against them, including Donald Trump who either was nearly touched by her or was touched by her.

I'm not saying that it warrants charges, I am saying the generally people who are deflecting Trump related violence say things like you have "normal behavior on a Saturday night at a bar". Well, I have higher expectations for my commander in chief, and anyone he surrounds himself with.

This is getting nuts. I know why you are supporting Trump, and can understand it. What I don't get is a good bulk of the supporters that are willing to have the lowest of lows as their standard bearer.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:14:12 PM
For whatever its worth, every Republican I know of (couple exceptions honestly) are so embarrassed by Trump. I have no idea what they will do on election day, I can't see them voting democratic, but know they are going to have to work real hard to vote Trump.

They want nothing to do with this circus.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:26:31 PM
1). Trump is a good speaker. Opponents and non supporters are upinfuriated by his success. Either he is better than opposing speakers or these non supporters (i am refering to all the fights at his rallies) are less mature than trump supporters. Trollolol

2): They are throwing everything at Trump possible. A relative likened this to a honeybadger. A she wants me to photoshop his head onto a honeybadger.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:39:59 PM

It's not an assault. It's battery. And under Florida law, what he did - if he did it intentionally - definitely qualifies as battery. The difficulty will be proving he intended to do it - that it wasn't an accident.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:42:29 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:26:31 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
1). Trump is a good speaker. Opponents and non supporters are upinfuriated by his success. Either he is better than opposing speakers or these non supporters (i am refering to all the fights at his rallies) are less mature than trump supporters. Trollolol

2): They are throwing everything at Trump possible. A relative likened this to a honeybadger. A she wants me to photoshop his head onto a honeybadger.

OK. I ask seriously. You think he is a "good speaker"?

I know I will never get it, but this is silly.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:47:12 PM
At 3/29/2016 5:21:07 PM, vortex86 wrote:
I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

If he is acquitted, they could easily argue that Drumpf used money and influence to get the charges dismissed. If he loses, then Drumpf either abandons his manager who he was defending which shows a lack of loyalty or he continues to support him and is seen as a proponent for assault on a woman.

This is pretty much a lose lose situation for him. Although, I think if will have little to no effect on his support.

Florida's AG, Pam Bondi, is a Trump supporter. She dropped the Trump University lawsuit after Trump donated to her campaign.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:49:12 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:14:12 PM, TBR wrote:
For whatever its worth, every Republican I know of (couple exceptions honestly) are so embarrassed by Drumpf. I have no idea what they will do on election day, I can't see them voting democratic, but know they are going to have to work real hard to vote Drumpf.

I live in a community that hasn't voted Democratic since the 40s (very rare in North Carolina). We went Trump in the primary, but I know literally one Trump supporter. Nobody wants to admit they like him. It's like the 'Shy Tory' phenomenon in the UK, where people refuse to admit they vote for the Conservatives, which results in Conservatives always being underpolled.

As for me, I'd vote third party or write in somebody. Trump can't win, Hillary is terrible. Great job America.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:52:57 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:49:12 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/29/2016 6:14:12 PM, TBR wrote:
For whatever its worth, every Republican I know of (couple exceptions honestly) are so embarrassed by Drumpf. I have no idea what they will do on election day, I can't see them voting democratic, but know they are going to have to work real hard to vote Drumpf.

I live in a community that hasn't voted Democratic since the 40s (very rare in North Carolina). We went Trump in the primary, but I know literally one Trump supporter. Nobody wants to admit they like him. It's like the 'Shy Tory' phenomenon in the UK, where people refuse to admit they vote for the Conservatives, which results in Conservatives always being underpolled.

As for me, I'd vote third party or write in somebody. Trump can't win, Hillary is terrible. Great job America.

I would agree that there may be some that support Trump and choose to not say so in polite company - given the remainder of the field, however I think all the long-time republicans I know are just baffled by him and the supporters. The last thing they want is to be associated with the pie-fight the GOP has become.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:06:20 PM
This just another forgettable event in a long list of forgettable events the media has orchestrated in a feeble attempt to undermine democracy.

When Sanders is eliminated, that poker pot is going to swell with chips that will defy all odds.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:11:35 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:52:57 PM, TBR wrote:

I would agree that there may be some that support Trump and choose to not say so in polite company - given the remainder of the field, however I think all the long-time republicans I know are just baffled by him and the supporters. The last thing they want is to be associated with the pie-fight the GOP has become.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:13:40 PM
At 3/29/2016 7:11:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I... LOVE... Bob Ross
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:14:12 PM
At 3/29/2016 7:13:40 PM, TBR wrote:

I... LOVE... Bob Ross

<3
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:17:26 PM
At 3/29/2016 7:14:12 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/29/2016 7:13:40 PM, TBR wrote:

I... LOVE... Bob Ross

<3

More little trees! More lithium
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:17:18 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:42:29 PM, TBR wrote:

So much so that he angers anti-trumpers to engage in physical violence.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:25:41 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:17:18 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Yea, that's what's happening. Got it.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:29:36 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:25:41 PM, TBR wrote:

Well it doesn't happen at any other rallies.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:30:41 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:29:36 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Right. It is Trump and his marry band of lunatics.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:34:57 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:30:41 PM, TBR wrote:

Who is crazier? Violent people starting fights or people who came out to listen to a presidential candidate peacefully? Hmmm?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:34:57 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Who is crazier? Violent people starting fights or people who came out to listen to a presidential candidate peacefully? Hmmm?

Look man. You will never see this straight, but do you notice punches flying anywhere else? Trump is courting the worse of the worse. Have fun with that, I'll stay as far away as possible.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 9:43:09 PM
At 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/29/2016 9:34:57 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Look man. You will never see this straight, but do you notice punches flying anywhere else? Trump is courting the worse of the worse. Have fun with that, I'll stay as far away as possible.

Yah, can't those trumpsters take a wet willie without throwing a retaliation punch?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 10:28:13 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:12:04 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/29/2016 6:07:08 PM, thett3 wrote:

I'm not saying that it warrants charges, I am saying the generally people who are deflecting Trump related violence say things like you have "normal behavior on a Saturday night at a bar". Well, I have higher expectations for my commander in chief, and anyone he surrounds himself with.

That isn't what I meant. I meant that if that kind of minor physical contact warrants battery charges than there are tons of other venues where benign but involuntary contact happens constantly...including the rest of the room in that video

It seems like a witch hunt to me

This is getting nuts. I know why you are supporting Trump, and can understand it. What I don't get is a good bulk of the supporters that are willing to have the lowest of lows as their standard bearer.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 10:29:56 PM
At 3/29/2016 6:39:59 PM, TN05 wrote:

It's not an assault. It's battery. And under Florida law, what he did - if he did it intentionally - definitely qualifies as battery. The difficulty will be proving he intended to do it - that it wasn't an accident.

If you watched the video, you know in your heart that any conviction, even a misdemeanor, based on what happened would be completely unjust. It's a witch hunt and this kind of thing is why people are voting for Trump
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett