Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Outsourcing???

comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What do you think of it?
Should the government tax companies more that practice it?
Do you correlate government regulations, on equality, to the problem?

(I understand you radical unrealistic anarchists stance, so please do not answer; or if you do, bring something worth wild to the topic)

What should be done about it?
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:38:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think it's an issue. It should be irrelevant to taxing. If a job can be done more efficiently elsewhere, let it be done elsewhere.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:41:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
What should be done about it?

At some point you will have to make an argument in these threads you spam.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:42:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
(I understand you radical unrealistic anarchists stance
the anarchists aren't the only ones with that stance.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:51:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 6:41:15 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
What should be done about it?

At some point you will have to make an argument in these threads you spam.

Not really?
A lot of what I do is provoke thought, or getting opinions.
You do not have to write in them; hell, I suggest you do not write in them if you feel like that.
It is whatever you want, really.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 6:54:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 6:51:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:41:15 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
What should be done about it?

At some point you will have to make an argument in these threads you spam.


Not really?
A lot of what I do is provoke thought, or getting opinions.
You do not have to write in them; hell, I suggest you do not write in them if you feel like that.
It is whatever you want, really.

'What should be done about it' implies a negative stance. There is no reason to provide an answer contrary till a case is made.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 7:01:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 6:54:01 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:51:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:41:15 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
What should be done about it?

At some point you will have to make an argument in these threads you spam.


Not really?
A lot of what I do is provoke thought, or getting opinions.
You do not have to write in them; hell, I suggest you do not write in them if you feel like that.
It is whatever you want, really.

'What should be done about it' implies a negative stance. There is no reason to provide an answer contrary till a case is made.

Nope, wrong again.

It does not imply anything. It is letters that you read to imply something.

One may look at it and say...

"Nothing needs to be done about it"
or
"We need to stop it"
or
"We need to cut government regulations in order to stop it"

Nothing is implied. Anyone can take it anyway.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 7:13:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 7:01:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:54:01 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:51:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:41:15 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/17/2010 6:37:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
What should be done about it?

At some point you will have to make an argument in these threads you spam.


Not really?
A lot of what I do is provoke thought, or getting opinions.
You do not have to write in them; hell, I suggest you do not write in them if you feel like that.
It is whatever you want, really.

'What should be done about it' implies a negative stance. There is no reason to provide an answer contrary till a case is made.

Nope, wrong again.

It does not imply anything. It is letters that you read to imply something.

One may look at it and say...

"Nothing needs to be done about it"
or
"We need to stop it"
or
"We need to cut government regulations in order to stop it"

Nothing is implied. Anyone can take it anyway.

"Should anything be done about it?" would be more accurate than "what should ..." (which does imply action without any mediating qualifier such as 'if anything') - though if you are unwilling to put up any case for or against, then not much to be done. :)
djsherin
Posts: 343
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 7:49:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
(I understand you radical unrealistic anarchists stance, so please do not answer; or if you do, bring something worth wild to the topic)

Worth wild... lol :P

I don't see why it's an issue though. I think it happens in large part due to the artificially high cost of American labor and compliance costs with regulations, or in other words, because costs are cheaper elsewhere.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 8:45:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Should the government tax companies more that practice it?

When are we going to get tired of chasing our tails around in circles, trying to put more and more administrative mechanisms in place to try and capture every market failure of capitalism? Capitalists complain about too much taxes, regs, subsidies, etc. but these things are only necessary to make up for the problems inherent in the system.
no comment
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 9:00:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who i hire, where i hire, when i hire, why i hire, etc. is not the business of the federal government. Nor is it their business to create or even save jobs. The fed is here to protect you and i as we do what we please.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 9:06:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 9:00:31 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Who i hire, where i hire, when i hire, why i hire, etc. is not the business of the federal government. Nor is it their business to create or even save jobs. The fed is here to protect you and i as we do what we please.

lolwut?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 10:39:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 9:06:11 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:00:31 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Who i hire, where i hire, when i hire, why i hire, etc. is not the business of the federal government. Nor is it their business to create or even save jobs. The fed is here to protect you and i as we do what we please.

lolwut?

resistance is futile
no comment
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 7:35:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/17/2010 9:06:11 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/17/2010 9:00:31 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Who i hire, where i hire, when i hire, why i hire, etc. is not the business of the federal government. Nor is it their business to create or even save jobs. The fed is here to protect you and i as we do what we please.

lolwut?

i understand your dismay. the only way you'd understand is if you were familiar with the role government was originally created for in this country. are you a teenager?
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 8:01:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
To finish Anne's argument, the government not only has no incentive to protect property rights, it is founded on the violation of property rights.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
HandsOff
Posts: 504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 8:11:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/18/2010 8:01:33 AM, Sieben wrote:
To finish Anne's argument, the government not only has no incentive to protect property rights, it is founded on the violation of property rights.

Agreed for the most part. But u.s. gov was originally intended to protect property rights and to protect all citizens from the government itself. Oh well. It was a nice try.