vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:47:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 2:41:11 PM, TBR wrote:
http://www.snappytv.com...

Seriously. The GOP is about to run a preschooler at the top of the ticket.

I'm at work and have no sound. What is the just of this?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:52:31 PM
At 3/30/2016 2:47:26 PM, vortex86 wrote:

Trump at town hall pressed on the photo of his wife and Cruzes wife. He, like the child he is, went on and on about how "He started it!"

What a complete and utter buffoon.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:55:00 PM
At 3/30/2016 2:52:31 PM, TBR wrote:

Trump at town hall pressed on the photo of his wife and Cruzes wife. He, like the child he is, went on and on about how "He started it!"

I don't think this wife nonsense has helped either person, Cruz or Trump. Actually the Wisconsin polls are showing Trump and Cruz numbers decreasing and a rise in Kasich's numbers. Not sure this can be directly attributed to this but I think it is at minimum exacerbating things.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:56:25 PM
At 3/30/2016 2:55:00 PM, vortex86 wrote:

I don't think this wife nonsense has helped either person, Cruz or Trump. Actually the Wisconsin polls are showing Trump and Cruz numbers decreasing and a rise in Kasich's numbers. Not sure this can be directly attributed to this but I think it is at minimum exacerbating things.

I hope its not helping anyone. No, I do hope it is helping. I hope just one of these silly things makes people start to question the sanity of supporting a joke reality-tv star for the highest office of the land.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:20:45 PM
At 3/30/2016 2:56:25 PM, TBR wrote:

I hope its not helping anyone. No, I do hope it is helping. I hope just one of these silly things makes people start to question the sanity of supporting a joke reality-tv star for the highest office of the land.

And the sanity of supporting Hillary Clinton? Who very well could be indicted. Who the overwhelming majority of constituents deem untrustworthy? Who has publicly been proven to at minimum not use very good judgement when it comes to national security matters. Who is being investigated by the FBI who is not affiliated with a political party.

Reality-Tv star is basically an actor, unfortunately the current entertainment push is reality tv. Capitalizing on that and excelling in it hardly is a negative. Reagan was an actor as well, so it is not unheard of.

He is capable of being Presidential, and I would suggest that if he can get off of this wife nonsense that he will probably start displaying more of that as we draw closer to the general election (as mentioned by Ben Carson recently on the View)

I have friends that are Bernie supporters that stated if Bernie doesn't win, and Trump starts acting more like the earlier years Trump then they would vote for him instead of Hillary.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:24:10 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:20:45 PM, vortex86 wrote:

And the sanity of supporting Hillary Clinton? Who very well could be indicted. Who the overwhelming majority of constituents deem untrustworthy? Who has publicly been proven to at minimum not use very good judgement when it comes to national security matters. Who is being investigated by the FBI who is not affiliated with a political party.

Way to deflect man. Good for you. Yea, the problem is HILLERY, not that Trump is a man-child.

Reality-Tv star is basically an actor, unfortunately the current entertainment push is reality tv. Capitalizing on that and excelling in it hardly is a negative. Reagan was an actor as well, so it is not unheard of.

Yup. And you want that as POTUS. I find that very sad.

He is capable of being Presidential, and I would suggest that if he can get off of this wife nonsense that he will probably start displaying more of that as we draw closer to the general election (as mentioned by Ben Carson recently on the View)

Right. Right after he gets over calling everyone else names. The guy is childish. Just admit it.

I have friends that are Bernie supporters that stated if Bernie doesn't win, and Trump starts acting more like the earlier years Trump then they would vote for him instead of Hillary.

Don't doubt it. I have no love for Clinton, but again, this is deflecting. Just because someone does not like Clinton does not make Trump better. Trump is a complete mess, that is all on him, not anyone else.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:31:56 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:24:10 PM, TBR wrote:

Way to deflect man. Good for you. Yea, the problem is HILLERY, not that Trump is a man-child.

Right. Right after he gets over calling everyone else names. The guy is childish. Just admit it.

Don't doubt it. I have no love for Clinton, but again, this is deflecting. Just because someone does not like Clinton does not make Trump better. Trump is a complete mess, that is all on him, not anyone else.

You are fixating on things that don't bother me. You discount things that he has done that are actually positive. You in an inquiry to me about his success said excluding real estate. That is who he is more than anything. He's a real estate mogul gone reality-star. The show doesn't even have him doing anything negative really. He's picking someone for a job. If it were big brother or something along those lines that would be a different story. Is his boisterous nature distracting during the presidential race? For some yes, but it doesn't discount the ideas he's consistently held about trade since the 80s.

It is fair to weight the two as Clinton is the front runner for the Democratic party. It's either her or him.

His economic plan boosts a growth of GDP by 11% and increase capital gains and job expansion. Hillary Clinton's reduces GDP by 1%, decreases capital gains, lower wages, and less jobs.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:45:35 PM
I saw the town hall last night. Yeah I'm a bit partial as a Cruz supporter, but I really thought Trump looked pretty bad. I don't think the whole wife exchange is helping either one of them, but I do think Trump looks like a kid sometimes the way he argues.

AC even point it out several times that Cruz isn't the one who said anything about Trump's wife anyway. It's illegal for Cruz to be in contact with his PAC, and they are the ones who put that crap out, which was also pretty dumb in my opinion.

Trump's stance on foreign policy is getting shakier and shakier if you ask me. He now basically wants to disban NATO and give Japan and South Korea nukes, but at the same time he is against nuclear proliferation. Huh?? Seriously, no Trump supporter could have thought that was a rational exchange.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:59:39 PM

You might not have alot of Bernie supporters in your circle, but I know alot. They are measurably much more pissed with Hillary and the establishment-machine than they are with a few Microaggressions from Trump.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:01:22 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:45:35 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
I saw the town hall last night. Yeah I'm a bit partial as a Cruz supporter, but I really thought Trump looked pretty bad. I don't think the whole wife exchange is helping either one of them, but I do think Trump looks like a kid sometimes the way he argues.

AC even point it out several times that Cruz isn't the one who said anything about Trump's wife anyway. It's illegal for Cruz to be in contact with his PAC, and they are the ones who put that crap out, which was also pretty dumb in my opinion.

Trump's stance on foreign policy is getting shakier and shakier if you ask me. He now basically wants to disban NATO and give Japan and South Korea nukes, but at the same time he is against nuclear proliferation. Huh?? Seriously, no Trump supporter could have thought that was a rational exchange.

As the campaign drags on, his isolationist policies will slowly be unveiled....but first.. he has to stump the CRUZ.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:41:16 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:59:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

You might not have alot of Bernie supporters in your circle, but I know alot. They are measurably much more pissed with Hillary and the establishment-machine than they are with a few Microaggressions from Trump.

Well, most of my family and friends are Sanders supporters. How "pissed" we are has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is a childish buffoon. Why do all Trump supporters do this? Respond to the actual post, do you really support this sort of moronic schoolyard fighting?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:48:27 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:31:56 PM, vortex86 wrote:

You are fixating on things that don't bother me.
I am sure of that, but I find it baffling that people are willing to support such an childish fool.

You discount things that he has done that are actually positive. You in an inquiry to me about his success said excluding real estate. That is who he is more than anything. He's a real estate mogul gone reality-star. The show doesn't even have him doing anything negative really. He's picking someone for a job. If it were big brother or something along those lines that would be a different story.

By many measures he is not a very good businessman. His successes have been... well there are some good ones. On the whole, not spectacular.

Is his boisterous nature distracting during the presidential race? For some yes, but it doesn't discount the ideas he's consistently held about trade since the 80s.

Well, lets see. Consistence since the 80's? Really? Want to look back on some of his positions? He is anything but consistent.

It is fair to weight the two as Clinton is the front runner for the Democratic party. It's either her or him.

Sure. Weigh in. Just stop deflecting about issues with Trump. Start a thread about Clinton if you like. This thread is about Trump and his ridiculous "he started it!" crap.

His economic plan boosts a growth of GDP by 11% and increase capital gains and job expansion. Hillary Clinton's reduces GDP by 1%, decreases capital gains, lower wages, and less jobs.

That is another topic. As I said, start a thread, this one is about what a child Trump is. Can you stay on topic?
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:52:21 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:41:16 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, most of my family and friends are Sanders supporters. How "pissed" we are has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is a childish buffoon. Why do all Trump supporters do this? Respond to the actual post, do you really support this sort of moronic schoolyard fighting?

I'm pretty sure I spoke to it directly, I don't condone it and I think it's negatively impacting his campaign, doubt it will drastically effect him but it isn't serving any purpose. I would like to see that behavior stop. I do however think this isn't strictly a Trump deficiency. Cruz is equally duplicitous and Trump has said he wants to drop this and move on to policies. The Media is who continues to draw on this drama and give it the limelight.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:54:18 PM

*sigh*

Enough of this!

One way or the other, the Cruz campaign stooped low with trying to use a picture of Trump's wife in the way they did.

But, well, it's business as usual. This kind of bullsh_t happens every time, and you immediately focus on Trump's "he started it"?

I don't know if I'd justify Trump's response, but it's understandable.

His wife's honor was pretty much attacked, and he got pissed, like the vast majority of men in relationships would.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:59:23 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:54:18 PM, Dark-one wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

One way or the other, the Cruz campaign stooped low with trying to use a picture of Trump's wife in the way they did.
Right... "HE STARTED IT!!!"

But, well, it's business as usual. This kind of bullsh_t happens every time, and you immediately focus on Trump's "he started it"?
No. Watch the damn video. The guy acts like my 5yo. No, I wouldn't let him get away with this.

His wife's honor was pretty much attacked, and he got pissed, like the vast majority of men in relationships would.
Right. And the way to "defend" you wife is to insult the other guys wife, right? The very definition of petty.

Vote for the fool if you like, this is such a joke.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:02:01 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:52:21 PM, vortex86 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I spoke to it directly, I don't condone it and I think it's negatively impacting his campaign, doubt it will drastically effect him but it isn't serving any purpose. I would like to see that behavior stop. I do however think this isn't strictly a Trump deficiency. Cruz is equally duplicitous and Trump has said he wants to drop this and move on to policies. The Media is who continues to draw on this drama and give it the limelight.

I don't give a rats a$$ about Cruz either. If either one of them (or any of the GOP candidates) were a real leader they would not spend 90% of their time behaving like poorly adjusted grade school children.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:04:15 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:02:01 PM, TBR wrote:

I don't give a rats a$$ about Cruz either. If either one of them (or any of the GOP candidates) were a real leader they would not spend 90% of their time behaving like poorly adjusted grade school children.

Agreed. Hence me saying I would like to see the behavior stopped. I did however mention why I don't care about trivial things such as this that are given more weight by the media than is warranted. Trump has continually tried to move on from this and it continues to be brought up. That applies to the current point at hand and I still agree that they should stop.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:08:35 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:59:23 PM, TBR wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

No. Watch the damn video. The guy acts like my 5yo. No, I wouldn't let him get away with this.

Right. And the way to "defend" you wife is to insult the other guys wife, right? The very definition of petty.

I like how you ignore the pointlessness of the Cruz campaign action.

Name for me elections in which this back and forth nonsense hasn't occurred what so ever. Name for me elections where the candidates did not pettily trash their opponents.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but let's be real about counter attack adds-- they're always based on "he started it". If you were to go by that statement, it could be said that Trump simply had the balls to say what every politician that engages in this thinks.

I never said it was the way to defend. I didn't day say it was right or wrong. I'm just saying that they're even.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:09:26 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:04:15 PM, vortex86 wrote:

Agreed. Hence me saying I would like to see the behavior stopped. I did however mention why I don't care about trivial things such as this that are given more weight by the media than is warranted. Trump has continually tried to move on from this and it continues to be brought up. That applies to the current point at hand and I still agree that they should stop.

I don't see how you can say "Trump has tried to move on from..." Seriously, this has been his entire game plan. He even has said as much. He did this, the pictures with the wife's, it is his responsibility to deal with it.

You may be a Trump supporter that will not change - fine. When he looses badly, I would like you and the GOP to understand why. Just like last time around, they collectively scratched their heads, went out looking for answers, and when the answer came back, they ignored every last point.

The GOP is going to loose again, and big. The only candidate LESS electable than Trump is Cruz.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:13:34 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:08:35 PM, Dark-one wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

1) It was NOT the Cruz campaign .
2) Don't care if it was Ted himself.
3) Still the most childish response ever.

Name for me elections in which this back and forth nonsense hasn't occurred what so ever. Name for me elections where the candidates did not pettily trash their opponents.
You watching my side of the fence? I don't see this nonsense going on.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but let's be real about counter attack adds-- they're always based on "he started it". If you were to go by that statement, it could be said that Trump simply had the balls to say what every politician that engages in this thinks.

Everyone secretly wants to be an a$$hole? Yeah, I don't know who you hang around, but most of the people I know have no use for this sort of nonsense.

I never said it was the way to defend. I didn't day say it was right or wrong. I'm just saying that they're even.
"Even" giggle. Right. That's how we adults measure things. Like I said, "HE STARTED IT!!!"

Know what my mother said? "Well, you end it" and she didn't mean punch the other guy in the face. She meant stop being a foolish twat.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:25:16 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:13:34 PM, TBR wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

Everyone secretly wants to be an a$$hole? Yeah, I don't know who you hang around, but most of the people I know have no use for this sort of nonsense.

"Even" giggle. Right. That's how we adults measure things. Like I said, "HE STARTED IT!!!"

Know what my mother said? "Well, you end it" and she didn't mean punch the other guy in the face. She meant stop being a foolish twat.

I'm gonna go back to my real life, cuz I've spent a little too long on this, but I'll just say this to your last line:

I've done some self-defense training, so if a guy tries to punch me, I'll probably just react. By react I mean trap his arm and repeatedly drive my knee into his chest and face until I think he's no longer a threat.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:30:24 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:25:16 PM, Dark-one wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

I'm gonna go back to my real life, cuz I've spent a little too long on this, but I'll just say this to your last line:

I've done some self-defense training, so if a guy tries to punch me, I'll probably just react. By react I mean trap his arm and repeatedly drive my knee into his chest and face until I think he's no longer a threat.

Right. So, this is analogous? Come-on. This is why I am calling it all very childish.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:35:12 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:30:24 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/30/2016 6:25:16 PM, Dark-one wrote:

*sigh*

Enough of this!

Right. So, this is analogous? Come-on. This is why I am calling it all very childish.

Never said it was analogous.

I bid you good day sir. I look forward to seeing you on the science forum XD
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:40:39 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:09:26 PM, TBR wrote:

I don't see how you can say "Trump has tried to move on from..." Seriously, this has been his entire game plan. He even has said as much. He did this, the pictures with the wife's, it is his responsibility to deal with it.

You may be a Trump supporter that will not change - fine. When he looses badly, I would like you and the GOP to understand why. Just like last time around, they collectively scratched their heads, went out looking for answers, and when the answer came back, they ignored every last point.

The GOP is going to loose again, and big. The only candidate LESS electable than Trump is Cruz.

The interview everyone is mentioning, "After Trump asked that the interview be focused around policy issues instead of his Twitter timeline, "

He has continued to say things like this.

----------------------------------------

Like I mentioned there are bigger fish to fry for me than celebrity gossip nonsense that people that would never have voted for Trump anyways keep latching on to.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:50:34 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:40:39 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 6:09:26 PM, TBR wrote:

The interview everyone is mentioning, "After Trump asked that the interview be focused around policy issues instead of his Twitter timeline, "

He has continued to say things like this.

----------------------------------------

Like I mentioned there are bigger fish to fry for me than celebrity gossip nonsense that people that would never have voted for Trump anyways keep latching on to.

Wait wait wait... This is a perfect opportunity for me to quote the man himself. "But HE started it!!!!"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 7:11:19 PM
It seems feigned moral outrage is in style these days, so...
I am ABSOLUTELY MORALLY OUTRAGED that you would post anything talking bad about Fuhrer Trump!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 10:09:57 PM

Ever heard of Hillary Clinton? She wants Sanders to "use a less forceful tone"???? Is she 3?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...