Jump to topic:

F*ck it, Burn it all

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:20:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So as many of you know, Sanders won Washington 72.7 - 27.1. Yet all 17 super delegates have either reaffirmed themselves to Clinton or stayed neutral. Similarly, Sanders won Idaho 78-21. Yet every single superdelegate in Idaho stayed committed to Clinton. And now the same thing is happening in New York where, even if Sanders pulls out a miracle and wins, many superdelegate there have claimed that there are no circumstances under which they would switch from supporting Clinton to Sanders. This is nothing but a huge f*ck you to democracy and to the citizens of Washington, Idaho, and New York, if not the United States. This is disgusting.

So I say, screw it. I pray Sanders runs as an Independent and tanks Clinton's chances of winning. The system is rotten to the core. 4 years of President Trump ought to restore some sense and rationality in people. Then we can start again.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:25:13 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:20:02 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
So as many of you know, Sanders won Washington 72.7 - 27.1. Yet all 17 super delegates have either reaffirmed themselves to Clinton or stayed neutral. Similarly, Sanders won Idaho 78-21. Yet every single superdelegate in Idaho stayed committed to Clinton. And now the same thing is happening in New York where, even if Sanders pulls out a miracle and wins, many superdelegate there have claimed that there are no circumstances under which they would switch from supporting Clinton to Sanders. This is nothing but a huge f*ck you to democracy and to the citizens of Washington, Idaho, and New York, if not the United States. This is disgusting.

So I say, screw it. I pray Sanders runs as an Independent and tanks Clinton's chances of winning. The system is rotten to the core. 4 years of President Trump ought to restore some sense and rationality in people. Then we can start again.

"If it happens that I do not win that process, would I run outside of the system?" Sanders said in the interview broadcast by C-SPAN. "No, I made the promise that I would not and I will keep that promise. And the reason for that is I do not want to be responsible for electing some right-wing Republican to be president of the United States."

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:27:55 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:25:13 PM, vortex86 wrote:

"If it happens that I do not win that process, would I run outside of the system?" Sanders said in the interview broadcast by C-SPAN. "No, I made the promise that I would not and I will keep that promise. And the reason for that is I do not want to be responsible for electing some right-wing Republican to be president of the United States."

Trump made that promise too. Yet he's still gone back on it numerous times. So Sanders could as well. Especially since Trump isn't even right-wing.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:29:18 PM

I agree, this is fvcked up. But 4 years of Trump would be net bad
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:36:12 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:27:55 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Trump made that promise too. Yet he's still gone back on it numerous times.

Source? He made the promise that he would support the nominee if the party treated him fairly. The party has not.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:50:02 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:36:12 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 3/30/2016 3:27:55 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Trump made that promise too. Yet he's still gone back on it numerous times.

Source? He made the promise that he would support the nominee if the party treated him fairly. The party has not.

"I will be totally pledging my allegiance to the Republican Party...I have no intention of changing my mind. I see no circumstances under which I would tear up that pledge."

http://www.theguardian.com...

A few months later...

"If I'm treated fairly, I'm fine.......We'll see what happens."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com...

And a few months later...

"As far as I'm concerned, they're in default on their pledge."

http://spectator.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:50:35 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:29:18 PM, Hayd wrote:

Net bad for the fvcked up establishment, you mean.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:12:50 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:50:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Net bad for the fvcked up establishment, you mean.

* TRUMP......_______ ................Welcome
* ____====.. .]OO|_n_n__][.....Aboard
* [________]_ /|__|________)<.. ..The
* ..oo' 'oo " '..OOOO-| oo\\_.. .Trumptrain
* ##########################################
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:22:08 PM
Yeah, didn't Clinton end up with more delegates than Sanders in New Hampshire even though he totally wiped the floor with her?

It's kind of weird how f*cked up the democratic system is compared to the Republican system. Totally obscure caucus rules, massive amounts of super delegates, and EVERY state being proportional. WTF is up with that? I like it because it keeps Sanders in the race so I have something to watch on that side, but what if you had three viable candidates running?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:36:30 PM
If it's any consolation, the GOP will probably nominate John Kasich.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:41:45 PM

Lol its fun to see Bernie fans whine just because they dont get their way.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:46:05 PM

You can't say f*ck it. You'll hurt someone's feelings, offend someone, and somehow get labled a racist bigot. Lol
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:06:31 PM
The whole voting system has turned into a mess. Hopefully this is the beginning of the elimination of the two party system. Not having a candidate from either party that's palatable is a growing trend which keeps people from voting. Does their vote really matter anyway?
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:14:37 PM

Thanks for bringing up this very educational yet disturbing fact of Democratic politics. It looks as though the GOP does not share in the superdelegate methodology. Now, I am a bit more cynical about the highly entrenched nature of our current presidential selection process than I was before. The old platitude holds firm here:

"It's not what you know, but who you know."

And a not-so-old saying:

"It's not who you know, but what you know on who!"
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:56:01 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:22:08 PM, thett3 wrote:
Yeah, didn't Clinton end up with more delegates than Sanders in New Hampshire even though he totally wiped the floor with her?

I think so, although I'm not actually sure on this one.

It's kind of weird how f*cked up the democratic system is compared to the Republican system. Totally obscure caucus rules, massive amounts of super delegates, and EVERY state being proportional. WTF is up with that? I like it because it keeps Sanders in the race so I have something to watch on that side, but what if you had three viable candidates running?

O'Malley will rise again.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:56:19 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:36:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

That would be a nice consolation, actually.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:57:08 PM
At 3/30/2016 4:41:45 PM, imabench wrote:

Superdelegates have always been undemocratic. This is just ridiculous.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:57:57 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:14:37 PM, Fly wrote:

Thanks for bringing up this very educational yet disturbing fact of Democratic politics. It looks as though the GOP does not share in the superdelegate methodology. Now, I am a bit more cynical about the highly entrenched nature of our current presidential selection process than I was before. The old platitude holds firm here:

And a not-so-old saying:

I agree. It's tragic what a farce US politics have become.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 5:59:22 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:58:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/30/2016 5:13:33 PM, YYW wrote:
Hillary must not win.

Unless Cruz gets nominated, I agree.

Cruz won't get it. It will be Trump or Kasich.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:00:23 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:59:22 PM, YYW wrote:
Hillary must not win.

With US politics today, it's advantageous never to underestimate the stupidity people might stoop to. Especially when it's party elites.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:03:08 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:56:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Why?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:04:36 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:03:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/30/2016 5:56:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Why?

Cause Kasich is a good man and a decent politician. He's not an ideological nutjob, and he's the only one of the current Republican candidates to actually sound presidential.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:09:32 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:00:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 3/30/2016 5:59:22 PM, YYW wrote:
Hillary must not win.

With US politics today, it's advantageous never to underestimate the stupidity people might stoop to. Especially when it's party elites.

I agree, but if there's brokered convention then it's going to Kasich. If no brokered convention, it's going to Trump.

If it's Bernie v. any person, I vote for Bernie.

If it's Hillary v. any republican other than Trump, I vote for Hillary.

If it's Hillary v. Trump, I vote Trump.

I think it will be Hillary v. Trump, though; and I will look forward to January 20 when we're inaugurating President Donald J. Trump.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:09:40 PM
At 3/30/2016 5:57:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hillary has gotten more actual delegates than Sanders has..... It would be undemocratic for Superdelegates to support Sanders over Hillary at this point since 2 and a half million more voters prefer Hillary to Bernie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:29:29 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:09:40 PM, imabench wrote:

Hillary has gotten more actual delegates than Sanders has..... It would be undemocratic for Superdelegates to support Sanders over Hillary at this point since 2 and a half million more voters prefer Hillary to Bernie.

This is true, but does not negate that the Super Delegate construct is inherently undemocratic. Hillary will get the Dem nomination. Trump, I think he's moving toward self destruction. Between the penis references, Cruz wife jabs and violence at his conventions it's a matter of time before he really sticks his foot in the big sh#t. Cruz won't get the nomination either, the party hates him as much as Trump.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:45:58 PM

And a not-so-old saying:

Look. I don"t like Clinton, and at this point am so upset with her that I may just not vote the top of the ticket at all. Last time around, the super delegate mess favored Clinton too. It was frustrating, but I came to an uneasy truce with the system.

Why. This is the party, not the people. Demanding democracy from the party Is not entirely fair. The "insiders" are the people who have worked hard within the very party, and have every reason to have "more say" in a nominee. They have a very vested reason to help guide the party they work so hard for, not let it get "hijacked" like is happening on the GOP side.

Just because it is not benefiting my candidate this time, or the last time this was an issue, is no reason to get upset about the reason for the super-delegate, or mock their function.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:52:51 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:45:58 PM, TBR wrote:

And a not-so-old saying:

Look. I don"t like Clinton, and at this point am so upset with her that I may just not vote the top of the ticket at all. Last time around, the super delegate mess favored Clinton too. It was frustrating, but I came to an uneasy truce with the system.

Why. This is the party, not the people. Demanding democracy from the party Is not entirely fair. The "insiders" are the people who have worked hard within the very party, and have every reason to have "more say" in a nominee. They have a very vested reason to help guide the party they work so hard for, not let it get "hijacked" like is happening on the GOP side.

Just because it is not benefiting my candidate this time, or the last time this was an issue, is no reason to get upset about the reason for the super-delegate, or mock their function.

The purpose of the Super delegate is to promote the party's choice, which might not align with the people's choice. It's all insider pandering at it's best.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 6:53:49 PM
At 3/30/2016 6:09:40 PM, imabench wrote:

At a cursory glance, it looks like the southern Democrat demographic is giving Clinton a commanding lead. This makes Obama's triumph in 2008 all the more remarkable.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz