Jump to topic:

New Rule: Religious Liberty

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.
Tsar of DDO
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 12:58:29 AM
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

I agree with you here. This is all a back lash from the gay marriage ruling and the GOP catering to the Evangelical crowd; it's the only group that has stayed stead fast with the party. This type of legislation would be unheard of 15 years ago.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:51:13 AM

No. I think they may know their religion just fine.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:14:48 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM, TBR wrote:

Get over yourself.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?

Given how fast this issue is progressing, it's a legitimate concern. But that's my opinion.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:15:27 AM

Get over yourself.

That only jacka$$ I know of right now is you. The guy asks one well intending question, and you freak the hell out like you've been personally attack. To quote you, 'get over yourself.' Your aggression was COMPLETELY unnecessary. And I'd like a list of all the jacka$$ things pastors do... And not the self-proclaimed pastors on TV... Real Pastors.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:19:49 AM

What about proselytizers?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:20:25 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:15:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Get over yourself.

That only jacka$$ I know of right now is you. The guy asks one well intending question, and you freak the hell out like you've been personally attack.

Problem is, it is NOT an intelligent question. It has been asked by every idiot looking hard for any justification for their "protection of marriage". Its a stupid question, and anyone asking is being stupid.

To quote you, 'get over yourself.' Your aggression was COMPLETELY unnecessary. And I'd like a list of all the jacka$$ things pastors do... And not the self-proclaimed pastors on TV... Real Pastors.
Want a list? OK, how about brainwashing, and terrifying children with the most absurd nonsense ever written.

How about sticking their... OK. I will keep that one quite.

How about a LONG history of demonizing people who have different opinions then themselves. How about them teaching that hatred to the flock.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:21:33 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:14:48 AM, TN05 wrote:

Get over yourself.

Given how fast this issue is progressing, it's a legitimate concern. But that's my opinion.

So, seems like your un-answer is - yes you fear this. OK. See my first post. Its a stupid question.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:21:58 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:19:49 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

What about proselytizers?

They are especially offensive.
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:22:03 AM

So the Atheists will be apogizing to those that they are bigots towards when?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:24:33 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:22:03 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

So the Atheists will be apogizing to those that they are bigots towards when?

Where do you see him talking bigotry? I know you have no teeth, but I did think you could read.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:18 AM

Which religion? Hinduism, Mormonism, Urantianism, Islam, Scientology, Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Judaism, Shias, Sunnis,?.......
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:42 AM
Of course. Because the burden is always on the religious person to open up a Bible, bang his head against the wall several times, and then say "Yeah, I think I can see how it says something other than what it actually says!"
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:48 AM

Atheism...?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:26:08 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:25:48 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Atheism...?

Is by definition not a religion.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:27:23 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:25:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Which religion? Hinduism, Mormonism, Urantianism, Islam, Scientology, Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Judaism, Shias, Sunnis,?.......

What makes you think I was referring only to one?
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM, YYW wrote:

How dare you.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:30:57 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM, TBR wrote:

How dare you.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.

Can you read TBR? Nope.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:31:28 AM

How dare you.

WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YOU'RE OPPRESSING MY RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:32:36 AM
"If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion."

Atheists discriminate and target theists all the time. Is it simply genetic for liberals to whine and b*tch non<x>stop?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:33:39 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:30:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

How dare you.

Can you read TBR? Nope.

OK. Let me take it slow. I know your education system sucked.

You, as a member of a bigoted a$$-backwards religion, get to keep being a bigoted a$$hat till you die. The thing you CAN'T do, is "discriminate". If you need help, you can lookup the meanings of each word and get back to me when you understand better.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:35:52 AM

New rule, if they can exempt themselves of various things in the name of religious freedom so can everyone else.