Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

New Rule: Religious Liberty

YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.
Tsar of DDO
Peepette
Posts: 1,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 12:58:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

I agree with you here. This is all a back lash from the gay marriage ruling and the GOP catering to the Evangelical crowd; it's the only group that has stayed stead fast with the party. This type of legislation would be unheard of 15 years ago.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:51:13 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

No. I think they may know their religion just fine.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:14:48 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?

Given how fast this issue is progressing, it's a legitimate concern. But that's my opinion.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:15:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?

That only jacka$$ I know of right now is you. The guy asks one well intending question, and you freak the hell out like you've been personally attack. To quote you, 'get over yourself.' Your aggression was COMPLETELY unnecessary. And I'd like a list of all the jacka$$ things pastors do... And not the self-proclaimed pastors on TV... Real Pastors.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:19:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

What about proselytizers?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:20:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:15:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?

That only jacka$$ I know of right now is you. The guy asks one well intending question, and you freak the hell out like you've been personally attack.

Problem is, it is NOT an intelligent question. It has been asked by every idiot looking hard for any justification for their "protection of marriage". Its a stupid question, and anyone asking is being stupid.

To quote you, 'get over yourself.' Your aggression was COMPLETELY unnecessary. And I'd like a list of all the jacka$$ things pastors do... And not the self-proclaimed pastors on TV... Real Pastors.
Want a list? OK, how about brainwashing, and terrifying children with the most absurd nonsense ever written.

How about sticking their... OK. I will keep that one quite.

How about a LONG history of demonizing people who have different opinions then themselves. How about them teaching that hatred to the flock.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:21:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:14:48 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:08:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:04:12 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:49:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 1:42:39 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Should pastors be required to perform gay marriages?

You know how ridiculous this is right? No one is forcing any a$$hole pastors to be anything but the a$$holes they were before.

Get over yourself.

Woah there, buddy. Not sure what you're on, but I was just asking a question. I'm trying to get a gauge on what exactly YYW considers discrimination to be. That's a reasonable thing. The fact you immediately jump to 'bigot' pretty clearly implicates you, in my mind, as a typical social justice warrior leftist. Next time don't assume everything is about you.

Are you concerned that pastors will be "forced" to be anything other than the same jacka$$ they have been in the past?

Given how fast this issue is progressing, it's a legitimate concern. But that's my opinion.

So, seems like your un-answer is - yes you fear this. OK. See my first post. Its a stupid question.
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:21:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:19:49 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

What about proselytizers?

They are especially offensive.
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:22:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

So the Atheists will be apogizing to those that they are bigots towards when?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:24:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:22:03 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

So the Atheists will be apogizing to those that they are bigots towards when?

Where do you see him talking bigotry? I know you have no teeth, but I did think you could read.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:18 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Which religion? Hinduism, Mormonism, Urantianism, Islam, Scientology, Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Judaism, Shias, Sunnis,?.......
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Of course. Because the burden is always on the religious person to open up a Bible, bang his head against the wall several times, and then say "Yeah, I think I can see how it says something other than what it actually says!"
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:25:48 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Atheism...?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:26:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:25:48 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Atheism...?

Is by definition not a religion.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:27:23 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:25:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

Which religion? Hinduism, Mormonism, Urantianism, Islam, Scientology, Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Judaism, Shias, Sunnis,?.......

What makes you think I was referring only to one?
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:30:57 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.

Can you read TBR? Nope.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
YYW
Posts: 36,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:31:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.

WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YOU'RE OPPRESSING MY RELIGIOUS LIBERTY!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:32:36 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
"If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion."

Atheists discriminate and target theists all the time. Is it simply genetic for liberals to whine and b*tch non<x>stop?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:33:39 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 2:30:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:28:19 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:25:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:23:12 AM, TBR wrote:
At 3/31/2016 2:18:12 AM, YYW wrote:
I may decide to adopt Budhism. Conflict is offensive to my religion. Offenses to my religion offend my religious liberty. This arguing creates and is a source of conflict. Therefore, your argument is offensive to my religion, and therefore my religious liberty.

How dare you.

F*ck your new religion, f*ck you old religion, f*ck... Wait, what am I replying to? Sorry, people got me going with moronic posts.

You have caused conflict. This offends my religion.

Please excuse me while I go lobby congress to restrict your freedoms of speech and expression, and other aspects of equal protection under the law.

As noted to the toothless user, and the one who is cowering in a comer thinking the gays are going to invade Sunday service with a list of demands, I would like to say again. Calm down, you still get to be as bitter and nasty regardless what religion you choose. Just keep it the he11 out of my face, and off my rights.

Can you read TBR? Nope.

OK. Let me take it slow. I know your education system sucked.

You, as a member of a bigoted a$$-backwards religion, get to keep being a bigoted a$$hat till you die. The thing you CAN'T do, is "discriminate". If you need help, you can lookup the meanings of each word and get back to me when you understand better.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:35:52 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/30/2016 11:33:43 PM, YYW wrote:
New Rule: Religious liberty is not a right to discriminate against other people. If you think your religion requires you to discriminate against other people, then you have failed to correctly understand your religion.

New rule, if they can exempt themselves of various things in the name of religious freedom so can everyone else.