Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

The man flip-flops faster than anyone ever.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:32:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/31/2016 4:18:06 PM, TBR wrote:
Faster than a speeding bullet, Trump "clarifies" abortion punishment.

http://www.cnn.com...

That's good. Hopefully all political decisions take longer than a 8 second soundbyte.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:58:05 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:32:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

That's good. Hopefully all political decisions take longer than a 8 second soundbyte.

Its not that I am not giving him time to think about the proper response, its that he makes the most boneheaded "guess" first, followed by a correction when he gets a little help from a friend.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:00:50 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:58:05 PM, TBR wrote:

Its not that I am not giving him time to think about the proper response, its that he makes the most boneheaded "guess" first, followed by a correction when he gets a little help from a friend.

At least he made a college try :)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:01:51 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:00:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

At least he made a college try :)

Yea, that phrase imply thought. I would call that 180 from what Trump does.
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:04:11 PM

http://www.cnn.com... : :

Liars are much better at covering up their thoughts. Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone spoke what they're really thinking?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:06:44 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:04:11 PM, bulpoof wrote:

Liars are much better at covering up their thoughts. Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone spoke what they're really thinking?

So. It is your position that Trump meant what he said first, right? The follow-up was the lie, is that right?
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:09:56 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:06:44 PM, TBR wrote:

So. It is your position that Trump meant what he said first, right? The follow-up was the lie, is that right? : :

I commend anyone brave enough to speak their thoughts instead of copying the thoughts that are politically correct. Most politicians are very careful in what spoken thoughts can get them elected. Once they have served for awhile and learn that all the other politicians did the same thing to get elected, then they can let their guard down and speak freely as long as the public doesn't hear those thoughts.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:19:20 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:09:56 PM, bulpoof wrote:

So. It is your position that Trump meant what he said first, right? The follow-up was the lie, is that right? : :

I commend anyone brave enough to speak their thoughts instead of copying the thoughts that are politically correct. Most politicians are very careful in what spoken thoughts can get them elected. Once they have served for awhile and learn that all the other politicians did the same thing to get elected, then they can let their guard down and speak freely as long as the public doesn't hear those thoughts.

Look, I am asking a simple question. It seems you are saying the first position was the honest one, right? The second one was the lie, correct?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:31:35 PM

Why join DDO just to pretend to be Bullproof, poof?
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:35:27 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:31:35 PM, desmac wrote:

Why join DDO just to pretend to be Bullproof, poof? : :

Why do you feel the need to save energy?
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:56:25 PM

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb mistake on his part, but it really doesn't bother me because (1) it's obvious that he's posturing, given that he was consistently pro-choice for at least a decade before announcing his presidential candidacy, and (2) literally all presidential decisions are made with "a little help" from numerous "friends." The president himself need not be a policy wonk.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:57:33 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:56:25 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb mistake on his part, but it really doesn't bother me because (1) it's obvious that he's posturing, given that he was consistently pro-choice for at least a decade before announcing his presidential candidacy, and (2) literally all presidential decisions are made with "a little help" from numerous "friends." The president himself need not be a policy wonk.

That is Trump support in a nutshell. Lower expectations over-and-over until even Trump can make it over the bar.

Good for you.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:14:06 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:57:33 PM, TBR wrote:

That is Trump support in a nutshell. Lower expectations over-and-over until even Trump can make it over the bar.

Good for you.

Lmao. You guys wayyyy over-estimate the level of expertise needed to be POTUS... the "bar" was never very high to begin with.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:36:43 PM
At 3/31/2016 6:14:06 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/31/2016 5:57:33 PM, TBR wrote:

Good for you.

Lmao. You guys wayyyy over-estimate the level of expertise needed to be POTUS... the "bar" was never very high to begin with.

And you guys seem very happy having the below average - See GWB. How did that work out for you?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:38:52 PM
JOSH

What does this remind you of? "I believe in hope, not fear." "I'm a leader, not a politician."

"It's time for an American leader." "America's earned a change." "I before 'E' except after 'C'!" It's the fortune-cookie candidacy! These are important thinkers, and understanding them can be very useful and it's not ever going to happen at a four-hour seminar. When the President's got an embassy surrounded in Haiti, or a keyhole photograph of a heavy water reactor, or any of the fifty life-and-death matters that walk across his desk every day, I don't know if he's thinking about Immanuel Kant or not. I doubt it, but if he does, I am comforted at least in my certainty that he is doing his best to reach for all of it and not just the McNuggets. Is it possible we would be willing to require any less of the person sitting in that chair? The low road? I don't think it is.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 7:42:38 PM
At 3/31/2016 6:36:43 PM, TBR wrote:

And you guys seem very happy having the below average - See GWB. How did that work out for you?

Trump makes up for his lack of abundant technical qualifications with his potential to wreck the political establishment -- that is the source of his appeal. As far as I'm concerned, all he really needs are the bare minimum qualifications, because I'm not voting for him on the basis of technical qualifications (nor are any other Trump supporters).
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 7:43:42 PM
At 3/31/2016 6:38:52 PM, TBR wrote:
JOSH

What does this remind you of? "I believe in hope, not fear." "I'm a leader, not a politician."

"It's time for an American leader." "America's earned a change." "I before 'E' except after 'C'!" It's the fortune-cookie candidacy! These are important thinkers, and understanding them can be very useful and it's not ever going to happen at a four-hour seminar. When the President's got an embassy surrounded in Haiti, or a keyhole photograph of a heavy water reactor, or any of the fifty life-and-death matters that walk across his desk every day, I don't know if he's thinking about Immanuel Kant or not. I doubt it, but if he does, I am comforted at least in my certainty that he is doing his best to reach for all of it and not just the McNuggets. Is it possible we would be willing to require any less of the person sitting in that chair? The low road? I don't think it is.

I'm kinda low on sleep rn, so I have no clue what any of that was supposed to mean...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 7:55:13 PM
At 3/31/2016 7:42:38 PM, Romaniii wrote:

Trump makes up for his lack of abundant technical qualifications with his potential to wreck the political establishment -- that is the source of his appeal. As far as I'm concerned, all he really needs are the bare minimum qualifications, because I'm not voting for him on the basis of technical qualifications (nor are any other Trump supporters).

Now that I buy. He11, that I respect. Just don't pretend Trump is anything else, like say POTUS material.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 8:02:31 PM
At 3/31/2016 7:43:42 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/31/2016 6:38:52 PM, TBR wrote:
JOSH

I'm kinda low on sleep rn, so I have no clue what any of that was supposed to mean...

It is from The West Wing. Bartlet is running against a complete dolt. The point is, our expectation for the office should be high. We are Americans, and this is our president, not the comptroller.

Yea, I expect my president to be able to think. I expect my president to have more than a passing understanding of the issues. I expect my president to be able to articulate vision, not just points that have been written by others.
Romaniii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 8:22:44 PM
At 3/31/2016 7:55:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Now that I buy. He11, that I respect. Just don't pretend Trump is anything else, like say POTUS material.

Sure, I'll give you that. He's not anywhere close to standard presidential material -- but that's precisely what I like about him.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 8:50:48 PM
At 3/31/2016 8:22:44 PM, Romaniii wrote:
At 3/31/2016 7:55:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Sure, I'll give you that. He's not anywhere close to standard presidential material -- but that's precisely what I like about him.

Oh... I see what you did there....nice Bern.