Jump to topic:

I'm over Trump

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 7:14:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So, I just heard that Trump's dog walker had the audacity to not recycle. Seriously, how can he associate himself with such lowlife's. Obviously, it's a testament to his character. He has no care about the environment since he's hiring people that don't recycle.

I've had it with Trump. Everyday there's some nonsense enquirer article about his personal ties or something unrelated to presidency.

The following reasons have pushed me over the edge with him:

1. He can't control his campaign manager enough to have him not slam reporters down. If he can't control him, how's he going to run a country.
2. He talked about how big his hands are, or Rubio referenced his small hands or there was some mention of hands but that isn't presidential and I don't like it.
3. Trump said someone that breaks the law should be punished and that's ridiculous.
4. Donald Trump had the audacity to respond to rude statements Rosie O'Donnel said to him. He should brushed it off and remained Presidential
5. I heard Trump retweeted something, or maybe it was one of his supporters. But hey, it was on twitter and it's related to Trump and he is promoting Tweeting things like that. Needs to stop.
6. Trump was asked the hypothetical if he didn't win the Presidency and Clinton were to be elected would he move to Canada. He said no, therefore he supports Clinton and is obviously a Democrat in disguise.
7. Obviously, I care more about things like this more than I do any kind of policies that he may or may not hold.

So in closing, Trump is no longer my Candidate of choice...

April Fools or just read the obvious sarcasm.

Seriously, you don't like Trump we get it. You think he is a reality TV star and not presidential. Good for you, his "gaffes/faux pas" bother you so much that you can't fathom why someone would vote for him. I don't think you are going to somehow dissuade a Trump supporter by point out these kinds of articles.

How about instead you sell your candidate. What are a few policies that your candidate expresses that are better, what are the shortcomings of Trump's policies that your candidate has a better alternative, etc.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 7:26:52 PM
At 4/1/2016 7:14:14 PM, vortex86 wrote:
So, I just heard that Trump's dog walker had the audacity to not recycle. Seriously, how can he associate himself with such lowlife's. Obviously, it's a testament to his character. He has no care about the environment since he's hiring people that don't recycle.

I've had it with Trump. Everyday there's some nonsense enquirer article about his personal ties or something unrelated to presidency.

1. He can't control his campaign manager enough to have him not slam reporters down. If he can't control him, how's he going to run a country.
2. He talked about how big his hands are, or Rubio referenced his small hands or there was some mention of hands but that isn't presidential and I don't like it.
3. Trump said someone that breaks the law should be punished and that's ridiculous.
4. Donald Trump had the audacity to respond to rude statements Rosie O'Donnel said to him. He should brushed it off and remained Presidential
5. I heard Trump retweeted something, or maybe it was one of his supporters. But hey, it was on twitter and it's related to Trump and he is promoting Tweeting things like that. Needs to stop.
6. Trump was asked the hypothetical if he didn't win the Presidency and Clinton were to be elected would he move to Canada. He said no, therefore he supports Clinton and is obviously a Democrat in disguise.
7. Obviously, I care more about things like this more than I do any kind of policies that he may or may not hold.

Seriously, you don't like Trump we get it. You think he is a reality TV star and not presidential. Good for you, his "gaffes/faux pas" bother you so much that you can't fathom why someone would vote for him. I don't think you are going to somehow dissuade a Trump supporter by point out these kinds of articles.

How about instead you sell your candidate. What are a few policies that your candidate expresses that are better, what are the shortcomings of Trump's policies that your candidate has a better alternative, etc.

OK. Let me see if I got this straight. The guy that has run an entire campaign on mocking the competition, this is the guy who now you insist that I only critique on policy. Am I getting this right?
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 7:30:43 PM
At 4/1/2016 7:26:52 PM, TBR wrote:

OK. Let me see if I got this straight. The guy that has run an entire campaign on mocking the competition, this is the guy who now you insist that I only critique on policy. Am I getting this right?

I think there are a plethora of posts that you and others have criticized him on whatever media buzz is currently in the news. Yes, let's keep this post specific to policy
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 7:36:19 PM
At 4/1/2016 7:30:43 PM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/1/2016 7:26:52 PM, TBR wrote:

I think there are a plethora of posts that you and others have criticized him on whatever media buzz is currently in the news. Yes, let's keep this post specific to policy

No. Tell you what. When Trump can go a day without behaving like the child he is, and concentrate on his policy over hand size, or what the other guys wife looks like, then I will oblige. Till then, this is what he makes of it - a circus.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 7:55:54 PM
It probably would've been better if you'd just continued the sarcasm without actually saying you were being sarcastic.

Anyway--you don't actually have to support another candidate if you dislike Trump; you can easily criticise someone without promoting someone else. The fact is that Trump is by far the most controversial candidate and therefore the one most likely to garner attention and divide opinion.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 8:33:47 PM
At 4/1/2016 7:36:19 PM, TBR wrote:
No. Tell you what. When Trump can go a day without behaving like the child he is, and concentrate on his policy over hand size, or what the other guys wife looks like, then I will oblige. Till then, this is what he makes of it - a circus.

I'm not surprised by this response.

At 4/1/2016 7:55:54 PM, Emilrose wrote:
It probably would've been better if you'd just continued the sarcasm without actually saying you were being sarcastic.

Anyway--you don't actually have to support another candidate if you dislike Trump; you can easily criticise someone without promoting someone else. The fact is that Trump is by far the most controversial candidate and therefore the one most likely to garner attention and divide opinion.

You're probably right about the sarcasm. I think that's a bit of a cop out about not supporting another candidate.

I would say the other front runner should have garnered an equal amount of public scrutiny. She has how many FBI investigations, she has a state department probe, subject of numerous FOI lawsuits, other investigations, etc. The public deems her untrustworthy and her favorability rating is horrible as well.

Let's stay on topic. What are a few policies that your candidate expresses that are better, what are the shortcomings of Trump's policies that your candidate has a better alternative, etc.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 9:05:52 PM

I agree. I really don't give a rat's butt what people say about Trump, as long as they either vote for Trump, or no-one at all.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 9:45:25 PM
At 4/1/2016 8:33:47 PM, vortex86 wrote:

You're probably right about the sarcasm. I think that's a bit of a cop out about not supporting another candidate.

Yep. As for not supporting another candidate--again, it's quite plausible. Personally I'm pretty neutral towards the U.S elections so do not see any candidate as being particularly superior to one another.

I would say the other front runner should have garnered an equal amount of public scrutiny. She has how many FBI investigations, she has a state department probe, subject of numerous FOI lawsuits, other investigations, etc. The public deems her untrustworthy and her favorability rating is horrible as well.

I agree, in my opinion (and on a political level) Hilary has technically done worse than Trump and so probably deserves more scrutiny. However, the difference comes with media attention and the obvious contrast between their *speech*/way of conducting themselves. Trump is considerably more prone to saying outrageous things, and because the media generally is quite superficial, it emphasizes that. The comments that Trump makes are just a little more attention-grabbing than the more serious issues surrounding Hilary.

Let's stay on topic. What are a few policies that your candidate expresses that are better, what are the shortcomings of Trump's policies that your candidate has a better alternative, etc.

I don't actually live in the U.S, so am not really supporting any particular candidate. Rather I'm just observing it all ;)
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 9:54:05 PM
teh bes prezeden iz my dad becus he rly smart an can run the neighshun gud
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:07:38 PM
At 4/1/2016 9:54:05 PM, SolonKR wrote:

We need someone who can't run anything. Government is bad. I'll vote for you.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:10:35 PM
At 4/1/2016 10:07:38 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

mi dad sae guvment gud becuz poleese and fier fiters. he da bes.
u kan voet for me tho, and ill maek everbody brush der teef becuz need to b helthy
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:11:21 PM
At 4/1/2016 10:10:35 PM, SolonKR wrote:

u kan voet for me tho, and ill maek everbody brush der teef becuz need to b helthy

Get water bukitz and a gun, and you can be presidence.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:16:08 PM
At 4/1/2016 10:11:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

gun r danjer tho, sily parrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:16:58 PM
At 4/1/2016 10:16:08 PM, SolonKR wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:11:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

gun r danjer tho, sily parrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So iz policez, ask Frurgusen.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:23:49 PM
At 4/1/2016 10:10:35 PM, SolonKR wrote:

Did you know Boston had a grand total of 40 fires, most not serious, and had 1400 firefighters??? wtf...get some waterbukitz... and like firefighters make $70,000 each it's silly...40 fires a year??? You need that many firemen? 185 million dollars to put out 40 fires??
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:51:45 PM

You'll come back to him. They always come back.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:01:33 AM

You want me to take him seriously, he is treating the entire thing like his teevee show.

I ask that he behave presidential, you insist it doesn't matter.

When I post policy, you say "that is for his advisors"

Forget it all. From today till the convention I will only talk about how silly his hair is and nothing else.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:06:28 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:01:33 AM, TBR wrote:

You want me to take him seriously, he is treating the entire thing like his teevee show.

Forget it all. From today till the convention I will only talk about how silly his hair is and nothing else.

Show me where I said anything about his advisers. I do think he's starting to surround himself with some respectable individuals, but I have yet to see you post anything about his policies nor have I responded the way you said I did.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:21:48 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:06:28 AM, vortex86 wrote:
At 4/2/2016 12:01:33 AM, TBR wrote:

Show me where I said anything about his advisers. I do think he's starting to surround himself with some respectable individuals, but I have yet to see you post anything about his policies nor have I responded the way you said I did.

I should have said "Trump supporters" rather than you for that bit.
http://www.debate.org...

Now, on to my commitment

A hair surgeon explains what's going on with Trump's hair
http://www.businessinsider.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:42:39 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:36:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/2/2016 12:21:48 AM, TBR wrote:

I bet those young ladies know a pathetic insecure bald-guy doing everything possible to staple hair wherever possible when they see him.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:43:35 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:42:39 AM, TBR wrote:

I bet those young ladies know a pathetic insecure bald-guy doing everything possible to staple hair wherever possible when they see him.

Fake knows fake.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:45:22 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:43:35 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Fake knows fake.

If Trump could hook auto-tune to his PA system, I am sure he would.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:46:14 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:45:22 AM, TBR wrote:

Fake knows fake.

and you thought Obama had it down pat with the teleprompter. He aint got nuttin on dat hair.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 12:49:09 AM
At 4/2/2016 12:46:14 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/2/2016 12:45:22 AM, TBR wrote:

Fake knows fake.

and you thought Obama had it down pat with the teleprompter. He aint got nuttin on dat hair.

Sh1t. I let a un-hair related remark out. Well he11, its harder than it looks.

Now, take it TRUMP HAIR (tm)
http://cdn.popdust.com...
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 1:50:27 AM
I'm definitely not surprised that there hasn't been any counter-policy discussion or another candidate's policies that someone thinks are better.

Discussions about his hair is the just of it.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:09:40 AM
At 4/2/2016 1:50:27 AM, vortex86 wrote:
I'm definitely not surprised that there hasn't been any counter-policy discussion or another candidate's policies that someone thinks are better.

did you watch the video documentary on Friday?
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:17:08 AM
At 4/2/2016 2:09:40 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

did you watch the video documentary on Friday?

That's true, I didn't mean to discount that post. It was very informative and I learned a lot about Friday.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:32:37 AM

What you expect when the guy runs the campaign he has. As I said, if you or anyone want or wanted him to be treated like a serious person, then he needs to start behaving like a serious person.

Till then.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...