Jump to topic:

Taking Trump seriously.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:13:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Recently a call has gone out to ignore the antics of the biggest fool to ever run for POTUS, and concentrate more on his substance - so let me give it a shot.

This is his most recent statement, lets see where this goes, OK?

"Donald J. Trump
Wisconsin has suffered a great loss of jobs and trade, but if I win, all of the bad things happening in the U.S. will be rapidly reversed!"

WOW. Now, that is a REAL presidential material. I don't know why any of the other foold didn't think to "fix the bad things" before. Trump's idea to "fix" it is.... BRILLIANT!!! So glad he communicated that to us, I might have voted for the wrong guy!
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:32:16 PM
Gee, why didn't I think of that?

Hey, did you know veterans get treated poorly in this country? I have an idea... let's treat them great!

And what about trade... How about we start winning?

And Isis... We should start getting tough!

This isn't so hard. Maybe I should run for President.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:42:06 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:32:16 PM, Double_R wrote:

Hey, did you know veterans get treated poorly in this country? I have an idea... let's treat them great!

I don't know why the media is obsessed with this trivia when there is a goldmine of terrific ideas in that head of his.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:43:05 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:32:16 PM, Double_R wrote:

You know.... What might be helpful for America is to "make good deals". Think that would work?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:43:49 PM
You do realize that was a tweet with a character limit of 140, right?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:45:20 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:43:49 PM, thett3 wrote:

I realize that the potential POTUS should not be chatting like a teen, but there you go.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:48:11 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:45:20 PM, TBR wrote:

I realize that the potential POTUS should not be chatting like a teen, but there you go.

A potential POTUS shouldn't be utilizing contemporary digital resources to connect with a younger and more tech-savvy electorate? Wow. Who knew.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:48:19 PM
And just so you know, this kind of snark and disdain for someone speaking plainly is one of the reasons that middle America is willing to vote for the Republican Party, which is probably one of the most worthless political parties in history.

Trump talks like ordinary Americans talk and speaks on a level that anyone can understand. And democrats, who claim to be the party of the little guy, mock him for interacting with the masses in a way that they can relate to.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:51:55 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:48:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

A potential POTUS shouldn't be utilizing contemporary digital resources to connect with a younger and more tech-savvy electorate? Wow. Who knew.

Let me see... Calling twitter followers "Tech savvy" is... well insulting to a guy like me. Further, how a POTUS speaks regardless of medium should be thoughtful. Trump is NOT thoughtful, that is the point.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:53:52 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:51:55 PM, TBR wrote:

Let me see... Calling twitter followers "Tech savvy" is... well insulting to a guy like me. Further, how a POTUS speaks regardless of medium should be thoughtful. Trump is NOT thoughtful, that is the point.

Well, we know how you feel about insults. But even laying that aside, a POTUS should speak in a manner which will connect with his/her target audience. Nobody likes a pedant.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:54:08 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:48:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
And just so you know, this kind of snark and disdain for someone speaking plainly is one of the reasons that middle America is willing to vote for the Republican Party, which is probably one of the most worthless political parties in history.

Trump talks like ordinary Americans talk and speaks on a level that anyone can understand. And democrats, who claim to be the party of the little guy, mock him for interacting with the masses in a way that they can relate to.

It is very sad that so many Americans are looking hard for the dimmest bulb in the race. "You know, because he talks like me!" How said the Grand Old Party has become.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:56:08 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:53:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/2/2016 3:51:55 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, we know how you feel about insults. But even laying that aside, a POTUS should speak in a manner which will connect with his/her target audience. Nobody likes a pedant.

Well, shucks. Darned if I thunk a presidant should have some smarts on me. Wen chatting with them ruskies all you need is a swinging-dick and we WIN!!!
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:06:04 PM

No one has a problem with Trump's ability to relate to the "little guy". It's his inability to relate to the intelligent and educated guy on the issues he would be leading that is the problem.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:09:11 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:06:04 PM, Double_R wrote:

No one has a problem with Trump's ability to relate to the "little guy". It's his inability to relate to the intelligent and educated guy on the issues he would be leading that is the problem.

The only requirement for president, apparently, is the ability to mock your competition enough to "win big ratings numbers". You know, like his past job. Teevee.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:10:41 PM
Funny enough, I looked at his recent twits and there are no less that THREE relating to tv ratings.

Yup. This is what an American president looks like for some.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:13:18 PM

You would be surprised what the elites consider "presidential"
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:17:02 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:13:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

You would be surprised what the elites consider "presidential"

Damn us elites thinking the POTUS should be more than an appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:18:24 PM

Not so smart people: He seems on the level like US. He can fix anything!

Smart people: He isn't one of THEM, he won't make anything worse!

Pretty smart cookie that Trump, even if he doesn't hold the elitists mantle of "presidential."
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:28:00 PM

1. I don't strongly support anyone at the moment.

2. If we focus so much on how "presidential" a candidate is, we might as well make the run for president a beauty pageant.

3. An administrative position requires specific leadership skill:

a. Choose the best people you can to work under you

b. Define specific goals for your organization, tell you employees what they are, and let them go to work.

c. Stay out of your employees way-- you hired them because they're the experts, not you.

d. If there's a problem, you'll meet and resolve.

e. Know your organization's or nation's(nation in this case) strengths and weaknesses, and use them accordingly to do the following:

i. make your economy as efficient as possible.

ii. maintain economic, military, and political leverage over foreign countries/organizations (this is ethically questionable, but it's also the way the world works).

4. As who can do these things properly, I couldn't say.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:35:47 PM
2. If we focus so much on how "presidential" a candidate is, we might as well make the run for president a beauty pageant.

If we make it all about how "in your face" a candidate is... Well, you get Trump!

If he wants to be seen as a three dimensional guy, it is HE that needs to get on the ball.

For me, and many others, that ship has sailed.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:38:31 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:35:47 PM, TBR wrote:

If we make it all about how "in your face" a candidate is... Well, you get Trump!

If he wants to be seen as a three dimensional guy, it is HE that needs to get on the ball.

I'm not sure you get the point.

If I have to pick between someone "presidential" and someone with the administrative skills I mentioned, I will pick the latter.

Does Trump have those skills? I can't say for sure, but perhaps "The Art of the Deal" could shed some light.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:42:25 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:38:31 PM, Dark-one wrote:

If I have to pick between someone "presidential" and someone with the administrative skills I mentioned, I will pick the latter.

Does Trump have those skills? I can't say for sure, but perhaps "The Art of the Deal" could shed some light.

If you want to look at the guys business accumulate only, I would call it a mixed bag. If you want to talk about a book he didn't write, then I call you deceived.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:47:12 PM
Donald Trump is a contemporary Charles Lindbergh.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:54:53 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:47:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Now he is claiming he is the best pilot in the world? Who would have thunk it. Trump fly's his own planes. Perhaps that is why the airlines was such a complete failure.

TRUMP LOOSES for the dozenth time - walks away to call it a win.
Dark-one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:02:42 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:42:25 PM, TBR wrote:

If you want to look at the guys business accumulate only, I would call it a mixed bag. If you want to talk about a book he didn't write, then I call you deceived.

Mixed bag? Maybe, I don't know.

I said "perhaps" and "could", not "will".

Ghost writing doesn't mean it isn't true. You tell them the details, then the ghost writer packages it.

Maybe it's not all true, I don't know and I doubt you know. However, they can always be fact checked by someone who was there.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:03:57 PM
At 4/2/2016 3:54:08 PM, TBR wrote:

It is very sad that so many Americans are looking hard for the dimmest bulb in the race. "You know, because he talks like me!" How said the Grand Old Party has become.

Yeah go ahead, dig yourself into an even deeper hole. Americans are not very bright for speaking the way they do! I suppose you think that it's really funny that Trump does so well with voters who don't have a degree and proclaims that he loves them. A proper politician treats people who didn't go to college with contempt and scorn.

Neither of my parents went to college. Am I supposed to be ashamed of them? Are their opinions worth less because of it? The kind of snobbery that leftists like you engage in is why someone like me, who wasn't raised with any political affiliation at all, will NEVER vote democratic.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:04:26 PM

You know what they say: every revolution begins with a well written New York Times editorial
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:05:13 PM
At 4/2/2016 5:02:42 PM, Dark-one wrote:
At 4/2/2016 4:42:25 PM, TBR wrote:

Mixed bag? Maybe, I don't know.

I said "perhaps" and "could", not "will".

Ghost writing doesn't mean it isn't true. You tell them the details, then the ghost writer packages it.

Maybe it's not all true, I don't know and I doubt you know. However, they can always be fact checked by someone who was there.

Sure, all true enough. Point is, anyone expecting people to support a blowhard based on virtually nothing but the bluster itself is a fool.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:06:56 PM
At 4/2/2016 4:54:53 PM, TBR wrote:
At 4/2/2016 4:47:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Now he is claiming he is the best pilot in the world? Who would have thunk it. Trump fly's his own planes. Perhaps that is why the airlines was such a complete failure.

No, but:
1. They are both very famous celebrities
2. They both have said racist stuff
3. They both are isolationists who used the phrase "America First" to describe their isolationist stance

TRUMP LOOSES for the dozenth time - walks away to call it a win.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid