Jump to topic:

White Privillege

SocialJusticeWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:21:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I've noticed many conservatives denying the existence of systemic racism and white privilege in the United States and many other western countries.

Examples of white privilege:

1. Law enforcement
You hear it on the news all the time, of cops showing brutality against Black people. When has this ever applied to whites? Many people like to point out that Blacks are all criminals, but this is a racist generalization. In fact, blacks are more likely to get caught for drugs while they are less likely to actually use drugs. Blacks also make up around half of the US prison population, while they make up only around 20% or less of the US racial percentage.

2. College
As opposed to blacks, whites are more likely to go to college for the same work. Even among equally qualified whites and blacks, whites are far more likely to get into better colleges. Affirmative action helps under represented minorities such as African Americans and Hispanics get into good colleges. But white conservatives love to say the system is racist against whites and asians even though systemic racism clearly BENEFITS whites and asians while condemning blacks and other minorities.

3. Unemployment
White unemployment is around 4.7% while for Blacks, it's around 9.6%. Job offers usually are given to Whites in favor over Blacks for the same amount of work.

4. Airport security
Middle easterners and/or Muslims are discriminated against often in security. They are FAR more likely to be searched and being targetted and asked questions and such.

5. Wage gap
Surveys have shown that the median weekly earnings for Asians are $987, Whites are $865. For Blacks on the other hands, the median is around $692 and $640 for Hispanics. It gets even worse when you apply gender, considering White/Asian males make far more than people such as Black/Hispanic women.

Systemic racism is a big problem in the USA, and it only gets worse with many white conservatives denying the issue. There are far more examples I could easily list, which proves white privilege. Many whites (mostly on the right end of the spectrum) and some Asians like to deny the existence of such systemic racism. They may try to accuse Blacks of being dumber and less hard working, thus the statistics aren't in their favor. This needs to stop, and we need to help end racism.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:32:06 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:21:27 PM, SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:
I've noticed many conservatives denying the existence of systemic racism and white privilege in the United States and many other western countries.

1. Law enforcement
You hear it on the news all the time, of cops showing brutality against Black people. When has this ever applied to whites? Many people like to point out that Blacks are all criminals, but this is a racist generalization. In fact, blacks are more likely to get caught for drugs while they are less likely to actually use drugs. Blacks also make up around half of the US prison population, while they make up only around 20% or less of the US racial percentage.

2. College
As opposed to blacks, whites are more likely to go to college for the same work. Even among equally qualified whites and blacks, whites are far more likely to get into better colleges. Affirmative action helps under represented minorities such as African Americans and Hispanics get into good colleges. But white conservatives love to say the system is racist against whites and asians even though systemic racism clearly BENEFITS whites and asians while condemning blacks and other minorities.

3. Unemployment
White unemployment is around 4.7% while for Blacks, it's around 9.6%. Job offers usually are given to Whites in favor over Blacks for the same amount of work.

4. Airport security
Middle easterners and/or Muslims are discriminated against often in security. They are FAR more likely to be searched and being targetted and asked questions and such.

5. Wage gap
Surveys have shown that the median weekly earnings for Asians are $987, Whites are $865. For Blacks on the other hands, the median is around $692 and $640 for Hispanics. It gets even worse when you apply gender, considering White/Asian males make far more than people such as Black/Hispanic women.

Systemic racism is a big problem in the USA, and it only gets worse with many white conservatives denying the issue. There are far more examples I could easily list, which proves white privilege. Many whites (mostly on the right end of the spectrum) and some Asians like to deny the existence of such systemic racism. They may try to accuse Blacks of being dumber and less hard working, thus the statistics aren't in their favor. This needs to stop, and we need to help end racism.

You would love this: http://www.debate.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SocialJusticeWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:34:22 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:32:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

From his first sentence, I can tell he's acting all hypocritical. He's highly privileged and he speaks on how bad SJWs are and all. He wouldn't be saying this if he weren't a privilleged white upper class man.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:36:55 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:34:22 PM, SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

From his first sentence, I can tell he's acting all hypocritical. He's highly privileged and he speaks on how bad SJWs are and all. He wouldn't be saying this if he weren't a privilleged white upper class man.

He's made tons of threads about things like that, which I'm sure you'd get a kick out of. And yes, I would say he could be hypocritical at times.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

SocialJusticeWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:52:10 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:36:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

He's made tons of threads about things like that, which I'm sure you'd get a kick out of. And yes, I would say he could be hypocritical at times.

At least his account is inactive... Right wing bigots like him really annoy me.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:54:33 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:52:10 PM, SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

Actually, he claimed to be a left-wing anarchist. Funny, right?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

SocialJusticeWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 9:55:37 PM
At 4/2/2016 9:54:33 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/2/2016 9:52:10 PM, SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

Actually, he claimed to be a left-wing anarchist. Funny, right?

I know right? The left wing helps minorities and those in need, while the right wing hates social justice.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 10:19:33 PM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

I don't care if blacks aren't smart as me. I'm not the reason their ancestors were slaves, and I shouldn't be punished for it. Rather than bringing down somebody who is intelligent, we ought to help them become qualified.

3. Unemployment

Prove it

4. Airport security

Yea so?

5. Wage gap

So?

tl;dr
This OP is bulls*it. Don't waste your time reading it like I have.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 12:12:22 AM
At 4/2/2016 10:19:33 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

I don't care if blacks aren't smart as me. I'm not the reason their ancestors were slaves, and I shouldn't be punished for it. Rather than bringing down somebody who is intelligent, we ought to help them become qualified.

3. Unemployment

Prove it

4. Airport security

Yea so?

5. Wage gap

So?

tl;dr

I'm certain OP is a troll, because I have yet to meet a SJW that acknowledges that they are a SJW.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 12:16:13 AM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

Prove it

You're kidding, right? This is widely proven.
https://www.povertyactionlab.org...

4. Airport security

Yea so?

So...this is racial profiling. Which is racist. You can't just assume an entire race is all criminals. Innocent until proven guilty is a foundational principle of the US.

5. Wage gap

So?

Seriously?

tl;dr
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 12:50:19 AM
At 4/3/2016 12:16:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

Prove it

You're kidding, right? This is widely proven.
https://www.povertyactionlab.org...

4. Airport security

Yea so?

So...this is racial profiling. Which is racist. You can't just assume an entire race is all criminals. Innocent until proven guilty is a foundational principle of the US.

Muslim is not a race...
You do realize you sentence makes no sense right? Innocent until proven gulity? What does that have anything to do with what I said?

5. Wage gap

So?

Seriously?

How is that racist like the OP is suggesting???

Blacks make less therefore it's automatically racist. Has nothing to do with the actual individual right?

tl;dr
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 2:09:16 AM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

1. There are plenty of instances of police brutality against whites. Police brutality is more likely to effect blacks because they are more likely to commit violent crimes and therefor more likely to get into violent altercations with the police. https://www.fbi.gov...
Black people are more likely to use drugs than whites.
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services blacks are 20% more likely to take drugs than whites. Plus they are more likely to commit crimes and therefor more likely to get caught with drugs (FBI).
2. Whites are more likely to go to college for the same work,because they are more likely to choose that. Black people (along with women and Hispanics) are able to get jobs and spots over more qualified Whites and Asians (and men), simply because of their race (or sex) . This is because of Affirmative action. AA policies often add up to 300 points of SAT scores for blacks whereas Asians are penalized 50 points. How is taking away points from Asians just because they are Asian not racist? How is denying a white or Asian something they worked for and giving it to a less qualified black person not racist?
3. Affirmative action makes it easier for blacks to get jobs than whites and Asians. Whites and Asians have to work harder and be more qualified than blacks to get the same jobs.
4. I agree with you.
5. The wage gap is the average earnings of people working full time and does not take into account hours worked or jobs. Asians and whites tend to work more lucrative jobs and work for longer hours than Hispanic and black people. Therefor they make more money than them. Men tend to work more lucrative jobs for more hours than women. Therefor men make more money than women.
You mentioned a lot of advantages that come with being Asian yet you called this forum "white privilege". Why not call it "Asian and white privilege"?
6. Hows this for minority privilege in the west. In Rotherham England between 1997 and 2013 gangs of Pakistani Muslim men abused 1,400 girls. The rape gangs targeted white girls because they were seen as easy meat. Authorities were aware of the abuse but many did not try and stop it because they were afraid that they would be called racist. Others in power who tried to stop the abuse were threatened with charges of racism by the rapists. So white girls were raped because they were white and Pakistani rapists got away with rape for 16 years because they were Pakistani. Where was the victims white privilege? If the system was so racist how come it allowed Pakistani men to abuse girls for 16 years? http://www.rotherham.gov.uk...
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 11:02:53 PM
Nearly everything OP said is wrong - though I will give them credit for remaining self-consistent by saying systematic racism provides Asians with advantages

Someone remind me to reply in an hour or so
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
walker_harris3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 12:46:27 AM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

https://www.youtube.com... Shapiro describes the cause of all of the problems facing Black people in his first response.

Get in the real world, and discover there's a lot more that determines how well you're going to do in life than simply the color of your skin. Why don't you hold the individual accountable for the choices they made throughout their life accountable instead of blaming it on white people and even Asian people?

Systematic Racism: forms of racism which are structured into political and social institutions. It occurs when organisations, institutions or governments discriminate, either deliberately or indirectly, against certain groups of people to limit their rights.
None of your examples exhibit institutional limitations of black people's rights.

This is a real example of what systematic racism is: https://en.wikipedia.org...
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 1:43:26 AM
At 4/4/2016 12:46:27 AM, walker_harris3 wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

https://www.youtube.com... Shapiro describes the cause of all of the problems facing Black people in his first response.

Get in the real world, and discover there's a lot more that determines how well you're going to do in life than simply the color of your skin. Why don't you hold the individual accountable for the choices they made throughout their life accountable instead of blaming it on white people and even Asian people?

Systematic Racism: forms of racism which are structured into political and social institutions. It occurs when organisations, institutions or governments discriminate, either deliberately or indirectly, against certain groups of people to limit their rights.
None of your examples exhibit institutional limitations of black people's rights.

This is a real example of what systematic racism is: https://en.wikipedia.org...
Agreed
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 4:33:24 AM

1. Law enforcement

While I was unable to find any accurate articles on the subject, after reviewing records, and raw information, you'll come to realize that the news is brainwashing you. They might be using an ounce of truth, and I won't make any claims that blacks are oppressed, almost no news coverage supplies us with an accurate description of the extent. Its significantly less of a problem then a business like CNN might lead you to believe through cherry picking, and injustice happens in all races.

2. College

I've got nothing on this yet, but lower income families have less of a chance of going to college. Blacks have a lower income, but that is just correlation without proof. While, I don't consider it impossible, I would like to see proof before buying into it. I do know that colleges typically favor minorities to promote diversity. It has nothing to do with race, but racial minorities fit the bill.

3. Unemployment

Job offers are usually given to whites over blacks of the same credentials. Anyone can find a job so I'm not sure where the unemployment comes from. Perhaps, something like the cycle of poverty is unrelated to skin color. Perhaps, privilege.

4. Airport security

Yup.
5. Wage gap

Yup. Why?

Well, honestly if a black guy is dumb and doesn't work hard I'll call it like I see it, but I'm not so sure that we say the entire race has that trait anymore. The common claim is that people who don't work don't find success, and therefore the unemployed unsuccessful black population isn't working hard just like any unemployed unsuccessful person.

The conclusion comes not from racism, but from the commonly accepted premise that hard work, and just a little thought brings success in America. Its not that black people are lazy, its that the highest employment rates are literally shown to be black. Without an adequate excuse for unemployment, the conclusion will generally be that you are lazy. Therefore, people who happen to be black are not being held down because they are black, but because they are lazy. If you want to break that misconception, then you need to prove it otherwise.

I personally have no proof. Wish I could be of help, but I've tried researching it and there is so much propaganda I just can't find too much worth reading.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 5:02:48 AM
At 4/4/2016 4:33:24 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Personally on this whole issue, the worst thing I see is the press. Most people get their info from news organizations, but if we can't trust them to be honest we can't take their news as news. The prevalent over-exaggerations, and gaps in logic have really made it impossible for me to support any particular way of reducing racial injustice in America, and I fear things like them only showing blacks being gun downed by police create resistance among other skeptics. Its really sad that they can't just show us real information most of the time, almost like they think we won't understand if enough lives go unaffected.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 5:11:47 AM
Looks who's back - Lamerde? not Tulle - cuz they aren't the same person!

SocialJusticeWarrior and Lamerade are 1 in the same tho.
coal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 5:14:10 AM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

Are you that fat guy from Georgia?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:15:36 AM
At 4/3/2016 12:12:22 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I'm certain OP is a troll, because I have yet to meet a SJW that acknowledges that they are a SJW.

Yes, and it reads all wrong.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 7:23:42 PM
At 4/4/2016 5:11:47 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I am pretty sure it is YYW.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 7:32:22 PM

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

What is wrong with having white privilege is a nation founded by white people? In China, Asains have the privileges that come with being the dominant social group. In Africa, Blacks have the privilege that comes with being the dominant social group.

So, again, what's wrong with having white privilege in a predominantly white nation? Such privileges exist everywhere in the world, and are wholly dependent on the demographic of the dominant social group within a specific culture or society.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Overhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 7:56:26 PM
At 4/4/2016 7:32:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

What is wrong with having white privilege is a nation founded by white people? In China, Asains have the privileges that come with being the dominant social group. In Africa, Blacks have the privilege that comes with being the dominant social group.

So, again, what's wrong with having white privilege in a predominantly white nation? Such privileges exist everywhere in the world, and are wholly dependent on the demographic of the dominant social group within a specific culture or society.

This is a form of argumentum ad populum. You are arguing that it is the norm, so therefore it is okay which does not follow.

Secondly, even by the definition of privilege you seem to be implying it doesn't hold up. Due to the history of colonialism in Africa and the greater socio-economic power enjoyed by nations which are predominantly white, even by your definition racism still persists in Africa. See for instance: http://www.bloomberg.com...

Thirdly, this misunderstands what privilege is. Even in predominantly white male-led Western nations, there are situations where black privilege or female privilege or Hispanic privilege can exist. To quote from https://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com... :

"In a nutshell:

Privilege is: About how society accommodates you. It"s about advantages you have that you think are normal. It"s about you being normal, and others being the deviation from normal. It"s about fate dealing from the bottom of the deck on your behalf.

Since social status is conferred in many different ways " everything from race to geography to class " all people are both privileged and non-privileged in certain aspects of their life. Furthermore, since dynamics of social status are highly dependent on situation, a person can benefit from privilege in one situation while not benefiting from it in another. It is also possible to have a situation in which a person simultaneously is the beneficiary of privilege while also being the recipient of discrimination in an area which they do not benefit from privilege."

On that basis it is simplistic and misses the point of privilege entirely to make the point that "Only the majority race has privilege" which is what your point can be summed up as.

There tends to be a focus on White Privilege because while some areas of privilege can be flip sides of the same coin (e.g. Being perceived based on stereotypes as less intellectual can be harmful to blacks in comparison to whites, being perceived as more athletic based on stereotypes can be helpful to blacks) in many it is merely worse to be black with no corresponding flip side (Less pay, discrimination in purchasing services, etc).

Finally, to answer your question, it's wrong because "White guys set up this country" is not a valid rationale for race based inequality - something which goes against basic moral codes and international and national standards set out in fundamental documents like the UDHR and US Constitution.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 8:47:50 PM
At 4/4/2016 7:23:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

How does that make sense? Lamerade - (yes I intentionally misspelled it) and YYW both closed accounts the same day. Check it out.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:46:27 PM
At 4/4/2016 7:56:26 PM, Overhead wrote:
At 4/4/2016 7:32:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

1. Law enforcement

2. College

3. Unemployment

4. Airport security

5. Wage gap

This is a form of argumentum ad populum. You are arguing that it is the norm, so therefore it is okay which does not follow.

It isn't though, since I'm not presenting any arguments - I'm merely stating reality. In every society there is a dominant group and then smaller groups (called minority groups). In America, white heterosexual men have the most privilege because this is, after all, a white nation built on christian principles.

Why is this a problem just in America? Why aren't the SJW's condemning every society that has a dominant group? After all, they'd just be taking on reality and the natural order right? Don't forget, humans are herd mentality creatures, so unless we change our entire psychological makeup we aren't ever going to have a fully equal society, it's just not a part of human nature.

I also didn't say anything was wrong with it, I was asking the OP what was wrong with white privilege in a white nation?

Secondly, even by the definition of privilege you seem to be implying it doesn't hold up. Due to the history of colonialism in Africa and the greater socio-economic power enjoyed by nations which are predominantly white, even by your definition racism still persists in Africa. See for instance: http://www.bloomberg.com...

What definition of privilege am I implying? We need to establish that before we can continue with this point.

Thirdly, this misunderstands what privilege is. Even in predominantly white male-led Western nations, there are situations where black privilege or female privilege or Hispanic privilege can exist. To quote from https://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com... :

Of course every group has specific privileges. This is social/cultural anthropology 101.

"In a nutshell:

Privilege is: About how society accommodates you. It"s about advantages you have that you think are normal. It"s about you being normal, and others being the deviation from normal.

I'd agree with this definition, but don't see how it differs from whatever definition I was implying (see above).

Since social status is conferred in many different ways " everything from race to geography to class " all people are both privileged and non-privileged in certain aspects of their life. Furthermore, since dynamics of social status are highly dependent on situation, a person can benefit from privilege in one situation while not benefiting from it in another. It is also possible to have a situation in which a person simultaneously is the beneficiary of privilege while also being the recipient of discrimination in an area which they do not benefit from privilege."

On that basis it is simplistic and misses the point of privilege entirely to make the point that "Only the majority race has privilege" which is what your point can be summed up as.

I never said that, lol. Is that what you thought I was implying? It wasn't. White heterosexual men have the most privilege in America, but that doesn't mean other groups don't have privileges as well. I think you just jumped to conclusions about what I was "implying" earlier. We totally agree on the definition of privileges based on what I've seen - but I still don't see how any of this matters based on my original response to the OP.

Finally, to answer your question, it's wrong because "White guys set up this country" is not a valid rationale for race based inequality - something which goes against basic moral codes and international and national standards set out in fundamental documents like the UDHR and US Constitution.

It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, we will never change the dominant/minority social dynamic. It'd just be one group replacing another at the top of the chain. Again, this is human nature.

You SJW's are literally beating a dead horse here. Unless some paradigm-shifting event was to happen, our innate nature won't change.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Overhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:44:50 PM
At 4/4/2016 9:46:27 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

It isn't though, since I'm not presenting any arguments - I'm merely stating reality. In every society there is a dominant group and then smaller groups (called minority groups). In America, white heterosexual men have the most privilege because this is, after all, a white nation built on christian principles.

That you view something as "reality" is in of itself an implicit argument that your views are right. You take it as a given that whatever your conception of a "white nation" is fits the USA, that it was built on "Christian principles" and that these support your claim.

Thinking a lot of your POV does not make your POV reality.

Also here was me thinking that the USA was explicitly built on the principle that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" rather than whatever you're reading into it and that even if it were built on Christian principles, those principles include would equality (Acts 10:34-35, Galatians 3:28).

Why is this a problem just in America?

It isn't. I even specifically used examples of how people can be privileged outside of America. Why do you randomly assume it isn't?

Why aren't the SJW's condemning every society that has a dominant group?

They do. They condemn all kinds of different societies with dominant groups (with dominant, as per the definition provided, not being about majority) from past instances like Apartheid South Africa to current examples like gender based privilege in various Middle-Easten countries (as well as sectarian, tribal and ethnic strife in the same) to the struggles of the oppressed minorities in China.

What definition of privilege am I implying? We need to establish that before we can continue with this point.

I never said that, lol. Is that what you thought I was implying? It wasn't. White heterosexual men have the most privilege in America, but that doesn't mean other groups don't have privileges as well. I think you just jumped to conclusions about what I was "implying" earlier. We totally agree on the definition of privileges based on what I've seen - but I still don't see how any of this matters based on my original response to the OP.

You didn't imply a definition, you explicitly used one.

"What is wrong with having white privilege is a nation founded by white people? In China, Asains have the privileges that come with being the dominant social group. In Africa, Blacks have the privilege that comes with being the dominant social group.

So, again, what's wrong with having white privilege in a predominantly white nation? Such privileges exist everywhere in the world, and are wholly dependent on the demographic of the dominant social group within a specific culture or society."

As per the definition I provided which you have accepted, privilege is not defined by mere majority status which is the sole basis you rely on. White privilege in the USA is not inherently rooted in being the majority. It is a factor, but so are many other things. Views which only take this into account and nothing else are therefore irrelevant.

As a thought experiment regarding your thought on the importance of a racial majority, can you explain the key changes that will occur in the privileges white people experience when, as is predicted will happen some years down the road, in the moment the racial demographics for the USA change from a white majority of 50.00001% to a white plurality of 49.99999%?

After all, they'd just be taking on reality and the natural order right? Don't forget, humans are herd mentality creatures, so unless we change our entire psychological makeup we aren't ever going to have a fully equal society, it's just not a part of human nature.

It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, we will never change the dominant/minority social dynamic. It'd just be one group replacing another at the top of the chain. Again, this is human nature.

You SJW's are literally beating a dead horse here. Unless some paradigm-shifting event was to happen, our innate nature won't change.

HAhahaha, wow. This is obviously irrelevant even if it were true.

For instance I can make the claim that equality is innate.

Norton and Ariely in 2011 found that 43% of USA citizens would actually prefer full and total economic equality if given the choice and 47% would prefer the society to be much more but not completely egalitarian (One where the lowest quintile of people when ranked by wealth has x100 more wealth than in the USA today). Only 10% of people in the centre of global Capitalism where the egalitarian mindset is resisted more than perhaps anywhere else on earth, wanted to keep the status quo.

Uslaner and Rothstein in 2005 found that social engagement rather than self interest increases as equality reaches. You see people of a similar status to yourself and you feel closer to them rather than getting angry that there aren't bigger differences.

There is also a neurological basis for co-operation, with the action of co-operation stimulating reward centres in the brain and giving us a basic drive to act cooperatively rather than others('A neural basis for social cooperation' Neuron 2002, J K rilling, et al).

In the ultimate game, a pretty well known psychological experiment used countless times across the world, one participant is given some money and asked to split it with another participant, the first only getting to keep his share of it if the person he is splitting it with accepts the deal. The most common offer is a straight 50% split while the average is around 45%, with offers below 20% almost always being rejected because we seem to innately believe in 'altruistic punishment', the desire to see people being treated equally regardless of circumstance trumping over personal gain.

Heirarchal and cultural inequality has also been shown by K Horr and P Pandey in 2004 to degrade performance and achievement, with people of different statuses doing equally well on tests when treated equally but when their different social statuses are known the lower status people dropping in performance. This shows humans are not geared to function in these kind of scenarios.

That's just some biological, neurological, psychological, economical, historical and sociological evidence showing that humans are geared more towards the marxist principle of co-operation rather than the capitalist principle of competition.

That's just some biological, neurological, psychological, economical and sociological evidence showing that humans are geared towards equality, actually backing up my claim about what is innate to humanity

However it doesn't really matter, because the idea that we are driven by any innate quality is absurd. The most that can be said of innate qualities (if they exist) of human nature is that they MAY be one of many factors.

In the USA the privileges white people have in comparison to black people now are radically different to those that they had in the 1960's which are radically different to those they had in 1780. There are laws granting equal rights. there's no longer slavery.

We know that privilege is malleable and any claim that human nature prevents fighting white privilege is obviously incorrect.

You might want to make the argument that we can never do away with it completely, but so what? We can never do away with crime either, but that doesn't mean we don't try to minimise it. If we can get rid of it, great. If all we can do is minimise it, well that's the best we can do. Either way, the less of it, the better.

Either way if it is accepted that white privilege is bad (which you have not offered a solid argument against) then it follows from this that it is right to act to do away with or minimise white privil
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:50:39 AM
At 4/4/2016 8:47:50 PM, Emmarie wrote:

How does that make sense? Lamerade - (yes I intentionally misspelled it) and YYW both closed accounts the same day. Check it out.

I'm not a fan of occam's razor :P
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:49:57 AM
At 4/5/2016 12:50:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I'm not a fan of occam's razor :P

??? did I miss something ??? pm me if you don't wanna say here.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:22:24 AM

My fault maybe its YYW trying to impersonate Lamerde - check out the language styles and compare them to the language style of this post.
Lamerde's comment on Endarkened Rationalist's, "White Privilege"
[http://www.debate.org...]

YYW "why i rail on social justice warriors"
[http://www.debate.org...]