Jump to topic:

Why Bernie

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 3:43:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I used to be a Bernie supporter, but after doing research, many of his policies will never happen. The only part where he will have success is is foreign policy, since he has some control over it.

If you support Bernie, list a issue you support him for, and explain why you think it will be successful.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:37:13 PM
At 4/4/2016 3:43:33 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
I used to be a Bernie supporter, but after doing research, many of his policies will never happen. The only part where he will have success is is foreign policy, since he has some control over it.

If you support Bernie, list a issue you support him for, and explain why you think it will be successful.

Bernie has more integrity than any other candidate. He is the only genuine decent trustworthy person running.

I agree many of Bernie's policies will never happen, and I do not even agree with all his policies, but I believe he will move the country in the right direction.

For example, I do not believe university should be free. However, I do believe it should be much cheaper (around half the price it is today). I do not think that Bernie will even be able to make it free, but he has a better shot at making in cheaper.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:46:44 PM
At 4/4/2016 9:37:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Bernie has more integrity than any other candidate. He is the only genuine decent trustworthy person running.

I agree many of Bernie's policies will never happen, and I do not even agree with all his policies, but I believe he will move the country in the right direction.

For example, I do not believe university should be free. However, I do believe it should be much cheaper (around half the price it is today). I do not think that Bernie will even be able to make it free, but he has a better shot at making in cheaper.

Why do you think universities can't have free tuition? They were not long ago. They are in many other countries. Why is this such an pie-in-the-sky idea?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:51:50 PM
At 4/4/2016 9:46:44 PM, TBR wrote:

Why do you think universities can't have free tuition? They were not long ago. They are in many other countries. Why is this such an pie-in-the-sky idea?

I do not think it is a pie in the sky idea.I believe it can be done, I am just not for it. But I think it should be much much cheaper.

I suppose I would be more for free education if only the top students got in (perhaps more scholarships). But charging something I believe makes students value the decision to take classes, instead of just taking classes because they are free. And it having cost something would lower the tax burden on tax payers.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:00:40 PM

Bernie has a better chance of getting closer to his policies than Clinton.

Even if you think that Bernie and Hillary will only achieve the same, why would you support Clinton? I feel like Bernie is a much better person and leader than Hillary, ad Hillary owes her success more to being Bill's wife than merit.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:21:57 PM
At 4/4/2016 10:19:52 PM, Hayd wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:29:13 PM

Because, when it's free, everybody will go to it, it only will increase the costs, and it won't result in more qualified people. People who usually do 4 year programs to be qualified for their job, will need to do more years, some as high as 8. It's nearly a decade spent on just studying. Free college would basically make a degree more worthless, since every random guy will have one.

When it was free, very few people actually went, as more people went, they eventually needed tuition.

Only an idiot would deny that college/university is not expensive for most, but the solution is certainly not free government paid tuition, what we need is market reform.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:48:42 PM
At 4/4/2016 10:21:57 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:52:15 PM
At 4/4/2016 11:29:13 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Because, when it's free, everybody will go to it, it only will increase the costs, and it won't result in more qualified people. People who usually do 4 year programs to be qualified for their job, will need to do more years, some as high as 8. It's nearly a decade spent on just studying. Free college would basically make a degree more worthless, since every random guy will have one.

Nonsense. I see no reason to think anything like this. Competition would be greater, better candidate getting in. We could talk this out, but I am not up to it right now. If intrested I will run it through with you.

When it was free, very few people actually went, as more people went, they eventually needed tuition.

No. This is just not true. Like, this is so off.

Only an idiot would deny that college/university is not expensive for most, but the solution is certainly not free government paid tuition, what we need is market reform.

Do you think H.S. should have tuition? Why put the line on secondary educaton?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:12:37 AM
At 4/4/2016 11:52:15 PM, TBR wrote:

Nonsense. I see no reason to think anything like this. Competition would be greater, better candidate getting in. We could talk this out, but I am not up to it right now. If intrested I will run it through with you.

Sure, I'm interested in hearing what you have to say, since most articles I have read have said it simply isn't feasible.

No. This is just not true. Like, this is so off.

I'll leave it till later.

Do you think H.S. should have tuition? Why put the line on secondary educaton?

Because you need at-least a high school diploma to get any job in America. Since it's been established for a while now, also our public school system isn't all that great either, and If I recall, you yourself have said private schools are better.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:23:24 AM

What if it was free but a lot more tough to get in to?
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:26:41 AM
At 4/4/2016 11:48:42 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

Kids these days, fangirling after old men.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:34:50 AM
At 4/5/2016 1:26:41 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

In the past, the pedo's chased the kids, now it's the other way around.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:36:03 AM
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

And yes, Bernie is a closet pedo waiting to strike. He uses his free college mujahideen tactics to entice young people into his van...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:38:48 AM
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

Legitimate proof.

http://theblacksphere.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:48:08 AM
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

My apologizes, I think I went a bit overboard on that.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:50:04 AM
At 4/5/2016 1:48:08 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

Yeah, definitely. Didn't know what to say lol.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:55:25 AM
At 4/5/2016 1:50:04 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

Understandable.

I'd still keep an eye for him though... Especially if he's campaigning in your state....
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:56:47 AM
At 4/5/2016 1:55:25 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/5/2016 1:50:04 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
But bernie is so hot

*projectile vomiting*

Ikr, ewww....

Understandable.

I'd still keep an eye for him though... Especially if he's campaigning in your state....

Lol
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:53:36 AM
I used to be a Bernie supporter, but after doing research, many of his policies will never happen.

And you know this... how?
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:01:04 AM
At 4/5/2016 3:53:36 AM, stealspell wrote:
I used to be a Bernie supporter, but after doing research, many of his policies will never happen.

basic knowledge
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:06:13 AM
At 4/5/2016 4:01:04 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

basic knowledge

ie, Raised minimum wage+increased healthcare/social reform costs+50-90 percent hike of corporate tax+more=more jobs in mexico and China
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:07:48 AM

And the fact that every basic legislation he supports will be rejected by every Republican and many, if not most, democrats
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:10:24 AM
At 4/5/2016 4:06:13 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

basic knowledge

ie, Raised minimum wage+increased healthcare/social reform costs+50-90 percent hike of corporate tax+more=more jobs in mexico and China

He's already beginning to succeed on the min. wage i.e. NY and CA. The rest is just false information.
stealspell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:13:34 AM
At 4/5/2016 4:07:48 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

And the fact that every basic legislation he supports will be rejected by every Republican and many, if not most, democrats

Again, where's the evidence of this? Mass movements on the other hand actually have a long and extensive history. Does your history knowledge include the Civil Rights movement, Women's suffrage rights, etc.? Maybe you should look into that. Just a suggestion.
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:20:37 AM
At 4/5/2016 4:10:24 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/5/2016 4:06:13 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

basic knowledge

He's already beginning to succeed on the min. wage i.e. NY and CA. The rest is just false information.

I admit, minimum wage is fairly popular in some states, especially when you mention two states that are known or being mostly liberal. Congress is a different game. Also, unless your calling the stuff he advocates for as false info.....
I could elaborate for many hours on the faults of Bernie Sanders, but:
http://www.nytimes.com...
http://www.economist.com...
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:25:53 AM
At 4/5/2016 4:13:34 AM, stealspell wrote:
At 4/5/2016 4:07:48 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

Again, where's the evidence of this? Mass movements on the other hand actually have a long and extensive history. Does your history knowledge include the Civil Rights movement, Women's suffrage rights, etc.? Maybe you should look into that. Just a suggestion.

Polls. Common sentiments. Political Science. Does your knowledge and analysis of Bernie Sanders policies go beyond his website and far leftist articles? And no, Huffington Post does not count as a credible source.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 4:36:17 AM

I t doesn't matter if he's successful as far as his policy - it matters that we have someone in there with integrity - who will at least stand for something. Policy is mostly decided by congress anyhow but Bernie won't pass anything that is against the people.