Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

UK equivalents of 2016 Pres Candidates

BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Trump: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 9:44:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Trump should obviously be Boris Johnson
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Trump: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP

Farage is not nearly has bad as Trump. Farage's views on muslims are very similar to mine. "Narage has said that he supports Muslim immigrants who integrate to British society, but is against those who are "coming here to take us over"

Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Rigoletto
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 11:45:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

Tell me about it... Reminds me of another influential leader from the 1930-40s...
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 11:48:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 11:45:08 PM, Rigoletto wrote:
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

Tell me about it... Reminds me of another influential leader from the 1930-40s...

+1
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Drumpf: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP

Farage is not nearly has bad as Drumpf. Farage's views on muslims are very similar to mine. "Narage has said that he supports Muslim immigrants who integrate to British society, but is against those who are "coming here to take us over"

Drumpf is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

Well I justify that because Farage is, like Trump, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Trumps answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 12:26:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 9:44:46 PM, someloser wrote:
Drumpf should obviously be Boris Johnson

He was my number two choice, but Boris isn't racist enough
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:16:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

No and, if you're referring to an immigration ban, no.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,638
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:21:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Well I justify that because Farage is, like Trump, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Trumps answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

UK has a problem with Islamists, who are quite worse than illegal Mexican immigrants. Farage is pretty justified in his immigration policy, because so many immigrants have refused to culturally identify with the British. Mass immigration from highly unstable areas will never lead to any good. Farage also doesn't answer "everything" with border control, but he's mentioned it when it's necessary.

Mass immigration from said areas would also lead to semi-fascist parties rising, such as the British National Party. There's less cultural assimilation among the vast amount of middle eastern migrants, which only drives racial tensions.

It seems to me that Farage is more like a British equivalent of Ron Paul. Unlike Donald Trump, Nigel Farage usually expresses a more professional/formal attitude. He also just doesn't seem to align with Donald Trump quite exactly; he's definitely more like Ron Paul. Farage is definitely more pragmatic too, as opposed to Trump.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:23:26 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 1:16:11 AM, someloser wrote:
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

No and, if you're referring to an immigration ban, no.

How so? Banning Muslims (even on a short-term basis) is something that technically is unconstitutional--and something that wouldn't hold up legally.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:49:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 1:23:26 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:16:11 AM, someloser wrote:
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

No and, if you're referring to an immigration ban, no.

How so? Banning Muslims (even on a short-term basis) is something that technically is unconstitutional--and something that wouldn't hold up legally.

Banning Muslim immigration (don't know about entry in general) would be perfectly constitutional. Plenary power doctrine
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:49:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 1:21:41 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Well I justify that because Farage is, like Drumpf, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Drumpfs answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

UK has a problem with Islamists, who are quite worse than illegal Mexican immigrants. Farage is pretty justified in his immigration policy, because so many immigrants have refused to culturally identify with the British. Mass immigration from highly unstable areas will never lead to any good. Farage also doesn't answer "everything" with border control, but he's mentioned it when it's necessary.

Mass immigration from said areas would also lead to semi-fascist parties rising, such as the British National Party. There's less cultural assimilation among the vast amount of middle eastern migrants, which only drives racial tensions.

It seems to me that Farage is more like a British equivalent of Ron Paul. Unlike Donald Drumpf, Nigel Farage usually expresses a more professional/formal attitude. He also just doesn't seem to align with Donald Drumpf quite exactly; he's definitely more like Ron Paul. Farage is definitely more pragmatic too, as opposed to Drumpf.

Farage has endorsed Trump
http://indy100.independent.co.uk...
So has Nick Griffin and Paul Golding
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,638
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:50:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 1:49:11 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:21:41 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Well I justify that because Farage is, like Drumpf, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Drumpfs answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

UK has a problem with Islamists, who are quite worse than illegal Mexican immigrants. Farage is pretty justified in his immigration policy, because so many immigrants have refused to culturally identify with the British. Mass immigration from highly unstable areas will never lead to any good. Farage also doesn't answer "everything" with border control, but he's mentioned it when it's necessary.

Mass immigration from said areas would also lead to semi-fascist parties rising, such as the British National Party. There's less cultural assimilation among the vast amount of middle eastern migrants, which only drives racial tensions.

It seems to me that Farage is more like a British equivalent of Ron Paul. Unlike Donald Drumpf, Nigel Farage usually expresses a more professional/formal attitude. He also just doesn't seem to align with Donald Drumpf quite exactly; he's definitely more like Ron Paul. Farage is definitely more pragmatic too, as opposed to Drumpf.

Farage has endorsed Trump
http://indy100.independent.co.uk...
So has Nick Griffin and Paul Golding

He has endorsed Trump, but he is not really all too similar to him.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:33:20 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 1:50:42 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:49:11 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:21:41 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Well I justify that because Farage is, like Drumpf, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Drumpfs answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

UK has a problem with Islamists, who are quite worse than illegal Mexican immigrants. Farage is pretty justified in his immigration policy, because so many immigrants have refused to culturally identify with the British. Mass immigration from highly unstable areas will never lead to any good. Farage also doesn't answer "everything" with border control, but he's mentioned it when it's necessary.

Mass immigration from said areas would also lead to semi-fascist parties rising, such as the British National Party. There's less cultural assimilation among the vast amount of middle eastern migrants, which only drives racial tensions.

It seems to me that Farage is more like a British equivalent of Ron Paul. Unlike Donald Drumpf, Nigel Farage usually expresses a more professional/formal attitude. He also just doesn't seem to align with Donald Drumpf quite exactly; he's definitely more like Ron Paul. Farage is definitely more pragmatic too, as opposed to Drumpf.

Farage has endorsed Drumpf
http://indy100.independent.co.uk...
So has Nick Griffin and Paul Golding

He has endorsed Drumpf, but he is not really all too similar to him.

Who would you say is more like Trump? Griffin?
walker_harris3
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:52:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Trump: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP

Farage is not nearly has bad as Trump. Farage's views on muslims are very similar to mine. "Narage has said that he supports Muslim immigrants who integrate to British society, but is against those who are "coming here to take us over"

Trump is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

"I Donald J Trump am calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
I don't see ban anywhere, and don't see any implication of a ban in the quote anywhere either.
Shutdown (noun) - "a closure of a factory or system, typically a temporary closure due to a malfunction or for maintenance."
Ahh, the proper word. The word he actually used, and the word to best fit the context of his statement. Stop misrepresenting this quote, it's getting really, really, really old.

The fact is, our immigration system is broken. If you don't have a problem with our Visa Waiver program in today's world, you are simply out of touch with today's world. There was even a bipartisan immigration reform amendment addressing real issues with the system involving Visa Waiver, but was unsurprisingly shot down. These aren't stupid idiots like you make them out to be, they recognize problems and look for ways to fix them. If congress would actually make changes and fix the system, a shutdown under Trump would be extremely brief.
https://www.washingtonpost.com...

There is no illegality in regulating or limiting immigration into the US. It's not unconstitutional. The Supreme Court upheld the Chinese Exclusion Act in the 1880s, even after the 14th amendment was passed.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:55:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Drumpf: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP

Farage is not nearly has bad as Drumpf. Farage's views on muslims are very similar to mine. "Narage has said that he supports Muslim immigrants who integrate to British society, but is against those who are "coming here to take us over"

Drumpf is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

Well I justify that because Farage is, like Trump, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Trumps answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

Comparing Mexicans to Muslims is very unfair.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 4:58:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 3:55:29 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Comparing Mexicans to Muslims is very unfair.

Immigrants that don't assimilate and don't follow laws are not fair to a population that pays alot of money to subsidize an armed government whose purpose is to keep them out.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 5:46:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 3:55:29 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 12:25:42 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/5/2016 11:29:26 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Drumpf: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative MP

Farage is not nearly has bad as Drumpf. Farage's views on muslims are very similar to mine. "Narage has said that he supports Muslim immigrants who integrate to British society, but is against those who are "coming here to take us over"

Drumpf is an idiot, and wants to ban an entire religion, which is stupid and unconstitutional.

Well I justify that because Farage is, like Drumpf, an idiot. And Farge's answer to everything is "well we've got to control our borders", and Drumpfs answer to everything is "Build a wall".
And "coming here to take us over" sounds rather familiar a lot like "Their bringing drugs their bringing drugs, their bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

Comparing Mexicans to Muslims is very unfair.

I was comparing the statements they made
Chloe8
Posts: 2,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 5:53:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Trump: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative party.

Agree with that. I can't think of any politician in the uk remotely like Cruz.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 5:58:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 5:53:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Drumpf: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative party.

Agree with that. I can't think of any politician in the uk remotely like Cruz.

I looked at members of the DUP and of the Far-Right of the Tories, but I found no one who is that extreme. Ian Paisley was the closest I could think of, but as he is dead, I don't want to put him on there. Also, given he got along with Martin McGuinness, he is therefore nothing like Cruz, as everyone hates Ted Cruz
Chloe8
Posts: 2,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 6:10:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/6/2016 5:58:36 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 4/6/2016 5:53:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 4/5/2016 9:42:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
Here are my comparisons for American Presidential Candidates to British politicians. Tell me what you think

Democratic Candidates
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
Fmr Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: Liz Kendall MP, Labour Party Backbencher

Republican Candidates
Donald Drumpf: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of UKIP
Gov. John Kasich: Prime Minister David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Party
Sen Ted Cruz: ???

Third Party Candidates
Dr. Jill Stein (Green Party): Caroline Lucas MP, Green Party MP
Fmr. Gov. Gary Johnson (Libertarian): Sir Alan Duncan MP, Conservative party.

Agree with that. I can't think of any politician in the uk remotely like Cruz.

I looked at members of the DUP and of the Far-Right of the Tories, but I found no one who is that extreme. Ian Paisley was the closest I could think of, but as he is dead, I don't want to put him on there. Also, given he got along with Martin McGuinness, he is therefore nothing like Cruz, as everyone hates Ted Cruz

Cruz is very far to the right i agree. It's his religiosity that makes him incompatible with UK politicians. Outside northern Ireland religion and politics don't mix in the uk.