Jump to topic:

Intellectual Privilege

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:53:00 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

I know right!!?? We need laws against intellectuals and we should let non-intellectuals get into colleges with affirmative action? Did you know that 99.999% of Harvard acceptances are given to intellectuals? The other 0.001% of non-intellectuals were accepted as a joke!

This privilege and oppression against non-intellectuals must stop ):
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:08:38 AM
At 4/6/2016 1:53:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I know right!!?? We need laws against intellectuals and we should let non-intellectuals get into colleges with affirmative action? Did you know that 99.999% of Harvard acceptances are given to intellectuals? The other 0.001% of non-intellectuals were accepted as a joke!

Absolutely, it's about time something was done. This mistreatment of non-intellectuals is ridiculously unfair and in violation with their human rights.

This privilege and oppression against non-intellectuals must stop ):

Yep...equality must be served!
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:15:12 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

Coming right up!
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:15:43 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:12:32 AM, autocorrect wrote:
Stoopid rites now!

YES!

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:18:21 AM

http://www.debate.org...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Oh my, and you're a man as well? Indeed you are unbelievably privileged!

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!

Will do ;)

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Just shoot me now.

Will do ;)

Also, about men in general. Just keep a few so that humanity can survive.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:29:30 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Just shoot me now.

Might have to I'm afraid :(

Will do ;)

Of course, though these will naturally have be non-intellectual men...it be would unfair to impose further mistreatment on the non-intellectual community.

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:31:07 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:29:30 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Just shoot me now.

Might have to I'm afraid :(

Will do ;)

Of course, though these will naturally have be non-intellectual men...it be would unfair to impose further mistreatment on the non-intellectual community.

#downwithprivilege
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM, Fly wrote:

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?

Yep, most definitely speaking up for their superiority ;)

Unfortunately...he is a self-hating intellectual who just can't reconcile with the fact he's part of the elite group.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM

+100000000

Even more so, if privilege is spelled incorrectly...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:56:17 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

+100000000

Check your privillege! Cis straight white upper middle class right wing male!
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:56:57 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Unfortunately...he is a self-hating intellectual who just can't reconcile with the fact he's part of the elite group.

True dat...
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:08 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:56:57 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:

True dat...

Defo

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:32 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:56:17 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

+100000000

Check your privillege! Cis straight white upper middle class right wing male!

I checked. It's there, running strong.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:37 AM

I used to be an intellectual, but reading your post dropped my IQ 30 points. Now I've lost my intellectual privilege, and it's all your fault for posting this manure.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:04:56 AM
At 4/6/2016 3:00:37 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

I used to be an intellectual, but reading your post dropped my IQ 30 points. Now I've lost my intellectual privilege, and it's all your fault for posting this manure.

Dat is good...welcome to da non-inteccltual group.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:12:25 PM
At 4/6/2016 12:44:38 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Check your privilege, smarty.

Heh heh lol.
Suh dude

The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM

So because some people are
more intelligent means we
should cripple their power
to everyone else's level?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM
At 4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

You got it...everyone should have equal intellect!

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:11:18 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM, Emilrose wrote:

This reminds me of Harrison Bergeron
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:29:25 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Then we wouldn't advance in anything.
(more specifically technology)