Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Intellectual Privilege

Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
triangle.128k
Posts: 4,471
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:53:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

I know right!!?? We need laws against intellectuals and we should let non-intellectuals get into colleges with affirmative action? Did you know that 99.999% of Harvard acceptances are given to intellectuals? The other 0.001% of non-intellectuals were accepted as a joke!

This privilege and oppression against non-intellectuals must stop ):
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:08:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:53:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

I know right!!?? We need laws against intellectuals and we should let non-intellectuals get into colleges with affirmative action? Did you know that 99.999% of Harvard acceptances are given to intellectuals? The other 0.001% of non-intellectuals were accepted as a joke!

Absolutely, it's about time something was done. This mistreatment of non-intellectuals is ridiculously unfair and in violation with their human rights.

This privilege and oppression against non-intellectuals must stop ):

Yep...equality must be served!
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
Fly
Posts: 2,493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
Vaarka
Posts: 10,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:15:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

Coming right up!
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Vaarka
Posts: 10,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:18:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

http://www.debate.org...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Oh my, and you're a man as well? Indeed you are unbelievably privileged!

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!

Will do ;)
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Oh my, and you're a man as well? Indeed you are unbelievably privileged!

Just shoot me now.

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!

Will do ;)

Also, about men in general. Just keep a few so that humanity can survive.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:29:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Oh my, and you're a man as well? Indeed you are unbelievably privileged!

Just shoot me now.

Might have to I'm afraid :(

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!

Will do ;)

Also, about men in general. Just keep a few so that humanity can survive.

Of course, though these will naturally have be non-intellectual men...it be would unfair to impose further mistreatment on the non-intellectual community.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
Sam7411
Posts: 961
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:31:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:29:30 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:25:04 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:23:28 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:18:16 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

Oh no! I'm White and and intellectual! I must be the most privileged of all people!

Oh my, and you're a man as well? Indeed you are unbelievably privileged!

Just shoot me now.

Might have to I'm afraid :(

Quick, enact the ethnic cleansing legislation that we have been working on, but modify the context to talk about White intellectuals!

Will do ;)

Also, about men in general. Just keep a few so that humanity can survive.

Of course, though these will naturally have be non-intellectual men...it be would unfair to impose further mistreatment on the non-intellectual community.

#downwithprivilege
Fly
Posts: 2,493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?

Yep, most definitely speaking up for their superiority ;)

Unfortunately...he is a self-hating intellectual who just can't reconcile with the fact he's part of the elite group.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

+100000000

Even more so, if privilege is spelled incorrectly...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
triangle.128k
Posts: 4,471
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:56:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

+100000000

Even more so, if privilege is spelled incorrectly...

Check your privillege! Cis straight white upper middle class right wing male!
Fly
Posts: 2,493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:56:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?

Yep, most definitely speaking up for their superiority ;)

Unfortunately...he is a self-hating intellectual who just can't reconcile with the fact he's part of the elite group.

True dat...
"If you say you pray to God, that makes you normal. But if you say you pray to God through your hair dryer, you are clearly a lunatic. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive."
-Sam Harris
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:56:57 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:46:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:37:48 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:20:32 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:12:51 AM, Fly wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

It is largely an advantage with the exception of anti-intellectual sentiment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, people who have this sentiment are part of the non-intellectual minority...being anti-intellectual is just how they are speaking up for their rights.

I think you mean: "speaking up for their lack of intellectual privilege" or, more profound, their "superiority to intellectuals." Of course, there are always exceptions-- such as Thomas Sowell, the anti-intellectual intellectual... or is he a "self-hating" intellectual?

Yep, most definitely speaking up for their superiority ;)

Unfortunately...he is a self-hating intellectual who just can't reconcile with the fact he's part of the elite group.

True dat...

Defo
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:56:17 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:48:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
If I see one more privilege thread....

+100000000

Even more so, if privilege is spelled incorrectly...

Check your privillege! Cis straight white upper middle class right wing male!

I checked. It's there, running strong.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:00:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

I used to be an intellectual, but reading your post dropped my IQ 30 points. Now I've lost my intellectual privilege, and it's all your fault for posting this manure.
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:04:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 3:00:37 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

I used to be an intellectual, but reading your post dropped my IQ 30 points. Now I've lost my intellectual privilege, and it's all your fault for posting this manure.

Dat is good...welcome to da non-inteccltual group.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:12:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 12:44:38 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Check your privilege, smarty.

Heh heh lol.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

So because some people are
more intelligent means we
should cripple their power
to everyone else's level?
Emilrose
Posts: 3,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

So because some people are
more intelligent means we
should cripple their power
to everyone else's level?

You got it...everyone should have equal intellect!
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay

https://m.youtube.com...
vortex86
Posts: 705
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:11:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

So because some people are
more intelligent means we
should cripple their power
to everyone else's level?

You got it...everyone should have equal intellect!

This reminds me of Harrison Bergeron
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:29:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/6/2016 2:06:39 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:18:22 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:46:34 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Intellectuals get to be intellectual, such a thing a thing is DEEPLY unfair to all of the non-intellectual peoples.

Intellectuals are overrepresented in universities: where are the non-intellectual minorities?

Intellectuals get to write books.

Intellectuals get to read books.

Intellectuals get to talk about their opinions.

It's okay for intellectuals to be ugly, because they are intellectual.

Intellectuals get to have arguments, while this is difficult for the non-intellectual minorities.

Intellectuals get jobs as professors and important people, non-intellectual people generally don't.

A woman can be an intellectual.

Intellectuals get to read 'Mein Kampf' on the premise that they're merely analysing it.

If an intellectual wants to be poor, it's okay because they're an intellectual.

As can be seen...there is indisputable intellectual privilege taking place.

So because some people are
more intelligent means we
should cripple their power
to everyone else's level?

You got it...everyone should have equal intellect!

Then we wouldn't advance in anything.
(more specifically technology)