Jump to topic:

Russian Privilege

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:58:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Russians get to live in a really cold country during the winter: why can't other people?! They are being deprived of really cold weather.

Russians have Vladimir Putin as their leader--why isn't anyone entitled to this right?

Russians get to drink lots of vodka without being judged harshly for it...that is NOT fair on other non-Russian minorities.

Russians get to reminisce back to communist times....ahem, why aren't non-Russian minorities receiving this privilege?

Russians have a really big country, what about all the minorities living in tiny countries? They should get a piece of Russian land.

Russians get to celebrate Christmas in January, whereas non-Russian (and Ukrainian, yeah) peoples have to celebrate it in December!

Russians get to support Assad...the biggest inequality of all!

Russians get to go on holiday to Turkey, why can't other people have Turkey-holiday rights?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:07:02 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:58:41 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Russians get to live in a really cold country during the winter: why can't other people?! They are being deprived of really cold weather.

Russians have Vladimir Putin as their leader--why isn't anyone entitled to this right?

Russians get to drink lots of vodka without being judged harshly for it...that is NOT fair on other non-Russian minorities.

Russians get to reminisce back to communist times....ahem, why aren't non-Russian minorities receiving this privilege?

Russians have a really big country, what about all the minorities living in tiny countries? They should get a piece of Russian land.

Russians get to celebrate Christmas in January, whereas non-Russian (and Ukrainian, yeah) peoples have to celebrate it in December!

Russians get to go on holiday to Turkey, why can't other people have Turkey-holiday rights?

They also put a satellite, a man, and a woman in space before the US! They also had the MiG-31 Firefox fighter capable of Mach 3. It was such a great privilege over the US that we had to get the CIA to steal it from them!

Actually, that last bit may be from a movie that was not based upon a true story. Carry on...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:10:48 AM
At 4/6/2016 3:07:02 AM, Fly wrote:

They also put a satellite, a man, and a woman in space before the US!

Exactly!

They also had the MiG-31 Firefox fighter capable of Mach 3. It was such a great privilege over the US that we had to get the CIA to steal it from them!

Actually, that last bit may be from a movie that was not based upon a true story. Carry on...

Even so, it's still a privilege that they also had an MiG-31 Firefox fighter capable of Mach 3 possibly or possibly not in a movie.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 1:18:53 PM

They also get to do this with their tanks: https://www.youtube.com...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:10:15 PM
At 4/6/2016 1:18:53 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Now that is definitely not fair.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:12:27 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:10:15 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/6/2016 1:18:53 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Now that is definitely not fair.

Yeah. Russians get to have all of the fun.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:18:02 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:11:24 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Check your privilege, comrade.

I'm not Russian, so I'm deprived of these privileges. :(

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:20:25 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:18:02 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Then please refrain from culturally appropriating the Russians.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:24:45 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:20:25 PM, TheFlex wrote:

Well, all of this is actually a joke--I'm trolling. As someone who is friends with and knows quite a few Russians; I wouldn't 'culturally appropriate' them.

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:26:14 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:24:45 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Well, all of this is actually a joke--I'm trolling. As someone who is friends with and knows quite a few Russians; I wouldn't 'culturally appropriate' them.

I totally meant it as a joke. I was about to throw in, "(i.e. do you drink vodka?)".
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:32:59 PM
At 4/6/2016 2:26:14 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 4/6/2016 2:24:45 PM, Emilrose wrote:

I totally meant it as a joke. I was about to throw in, "(i.e. do you drink vodka?)".

Ah I see ;) I drink 2 bottles a day...sadly I have to endure to the stigma attached to that--due to not having any Russian privileges.

On a serious note...I hate vodka.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 5:45:13 PM

Could the Lack of Entitlement Appear to Vary Among the General demographics of Europeans?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 6:16:20 PM
At 4/6/2016 5:45:13 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Could the Lack of Entitlement Appear to Vary Among the General demographics of Europeans?

Hm not really...some other Eastern Europeans get the 'vodka rights', but other than that it's really only Russians that are among the privileged elite.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 6:37:54 PM

Well as a Spanish Woman, what do you really think about the power and reputation of the Russian empire.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 7:02:05 PM
At 4/6/2016 6:16:20 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Hm not really...some other Eastern Europeans get the 'vodka rights', but other than that it's really only Russians that are among the privileged elite.

That's Interesting, Thanks, Sincerely. (:
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 8:24:54 PM
At 4/6/2016 6:37:54 PM, inferno wrote:

Well as a Spanish Woman, what do you really think about the power and reputation of the Russian empire.

I'm not Spanish...I'm an English Jew (no Spanish person has English this good.)

Anyway...I think the Russian Empire finished in the early 1900's, that's one privilege that they actually don't have.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 8:25:41 PM
At 4/6/2016 7:02:05 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

My pleasure. :) Glad to culturally enlighten you.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 10:55:36 PM
At 4/6/2016 8:25:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Mine too.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 5:02:36 PM
At 4/6/2016 10:55:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Mine too.

What...titscleavage???
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 5:35:43 PM
At 4/6/2016 3:07:02 AM, Fly wrote:

They also put a satellite, a man, and a woman in space before the US! They also had the MiG-31 Firefox fighter capable of Mach 3. It was such a great privilege over the US that we had to get the CIA to steal it from them!

The MiG 31 is nicknamed the Foxhound. Firefox was a super cool 80's movie. Please apologize for your bigoted view of Russian military aircraft, as I find it completely offensive.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 9:48:59 PM
At 4/7/2016 5:02:36 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Mine too.

What...titscleavage???

Lol ;D

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 2:01:55 PM
At 4/7/2016 9:48:59 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 4/7/2016 5:02:36 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Mine too.

What...titscleavage???

Lol ;D

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. No offense, of course, wonderful avatar pic. (:.